AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 10:51   Link #2801
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

and added to my post earlier i do not think Sugata can revive/regenerate Samekh again
i mean just re-fueling or re-charging Samekh needs a entire planets libido so what more if Samekh will be revive? i think Samekh needs the whole milky way galaxies libido just to revive that gigantic menace
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:00   Link #2802
SolCiel

I'm kind of hoping for some OVA that comes with the last DVD volume. Although I enjoyed that last sentence at the end.
SolCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:11   Link #2803
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah kind of too bad there wasn't any real epilogue at the end of this. Was kind of hoping to figure out just how things turned out for everyone. Can assume the trio is stuck in their uncomfortable position with Wako being too in love with both to ever really choose. It wasn't a huge surprise that Takuto destroyed the last seal since the goal for Sugata and Takuto was in part giving Wako the freedom to go after her singing dream without putting the world at risk.

Would have been nice to see some of the characters that'd left like Fish Girl, Mizuno, and Marino. But guess they couldn't slip them into the insane battles that they used in this episode.

Definitely was a fun last episode thanks to those fights. Not a great series, but fairly fun.
Old 2011-04-03, 11:31   Link #2804
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
The episode itself was awesome.. but why is it that people these days are incapable of writing satisfying, conclusive endings? It is getting on my nerves to see things left hanging like that in every goddamn show I watch.
Indeed, we were just left with a black screen with scrolling text. We didn't even get to see the usual ending scene. I was just staring at the screen thinking, "Really? REALLY? No Epilogue? WTF!?".

The only show that has ended nicely so far is season 2 of Kimi ni Todoke for me.
Old 2011-04-03, 11:47   Link #2805
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

even in non-animated movies and non-animated tv series most of the endings are not conclusive and can be called open ending so just accept it, the media people wants the viewers to imagine
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:55   Link #2806
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

What a episode full of good old TTGL-ish battle likeness, just fabulous. A pretty nice finale for a series like Star Driver (though of course overall there were quite some disappointing parts).

- Head should've used Sinpathy to apprivoise Tauburn as well, but a hot blooded youth screaming in his mech probably would've overcame that maybe...
- Takuto ends up breaking the final seal, least he ended his father's streak on breaking the seals of the maidens.
- Tauburn defeating Samekh in space, kind of chuckled a bit at that part.

Guess the only thing that I felt was missing was the presence of Sarina + VP, Leon Watanabe, and of course an epilogue.
But oh well..Star Driver was a great ride to be on while it was here. How I will miss my sundays full of fabulousness.
7/10!

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2011-04-04 at 15:32.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:01   Link #2807
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
even in non-animated movies and non-animated tv series most of the endings are not conclusive and can be called open ending so just accept it, the media people wants the viewers to imagine
I'm already used to inconclusive endings, but I expected some more in Star Driver. I was like expecting them to make use of the credits, but what a shame. Wait for DVD OVA I guess?
Old 2011-04-03, 12:21   Link #2808
Chase

Well it certainly was a great last episode overall. Two things i didn't like was Keito's actions, seemed odd for her and the open ending i guess. I can accept the open ending i guess as it doesn't piss me off the way say like Gundam:00 did. It just seems like almost all the shows "I" watch now can't get an ending done. Its kinda annoying but oh well. Overall, i give this show 8.5 and give Bones's execution a 9. They've done a good job.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:25   Link #2809
Kyouka
Is Here

Glittering clux what are you, twelve
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:10   Link #2810
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Glittering clux what are you, twelve
I was waiting for someone to make that line, I just can't believe it was Head, he was like the gayest one of them...
Old 2011-04-03, 13:15   Link #2811
gameboy234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
I was waiting for someone to make that line, I just can't believe it was Head, he was like the gayest one of them...
It has been hard on the head.. He is much older and he has to play kiraiboshi with the rest of them..

I can imagine him screaming out in agony..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:59   Link #2812
tsunade666

his old but looks young. Comparing it to his friend which is looks old but still doing the kiraboshi post.

I really like the finally but... man the ending is super irritating. Specially the black credits. They at least use the credits to show the other character but they didn't. They only leave it as black. And at the finally I was waiting for more because maybe there's more to it but it just ended up with a picture scene and few words. ....... super irritating.

I wish it will be given an ova or at least a bonus scene in the dvd/bluray disc.

Go Ginga FALCON PUNCH!!!
Old 2011-04-03, 14:05   Link #2813
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Fucking love the mecha battles. Just frigging epic. As a mecha fan, I'm very happy with the fight scenes.

But I guess I just expected too much in getting a conclusive ending to the romance. Oh well, at least this 'both win/niether lose' ending just drives home the point that I infinitely prefer Keito over Wako for Sugata now. Koshimizu just broke my heart during the crying scene... C'mon Sugata, fuck Wako, look at the girl who'd only look at you lol. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:23   Link #2814
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:36   Link #2815
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Still LMAO the yaoi ending, fits the whole show perfectly

Plus it gives Wako what she deserved for being a lazy pig during most of the show

My only regret is poor Keito, it breaks my heart seeing her screwed like that On the other hand, when she brusts into tears...

Anyway, overall, it was a good show, it could have been better without pointless techno-babble, repetitive mecha fights and shounen screaming, but then none would have watched it

Oh! and as usual with anime having any and/or all of the above qualities, the secondary characters were so much more interesting than the main trio, damn even the flashback trio was more interesting

PS: Despite its issues, it was the most watchable BONES show... IMHO

PS2: LOL @ sequel chances
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:44   Link #2816
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

So in the end this one ended only as super sakuga anime eh -___-
Not so much if you hoping another else lol.
Old 2011-04-03, 14:58   Link #2817
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I should've known. It was Takuto and Sugata pairing the whole time! 8/10 Now maybe a movie would be a nice way to end it. Did we ever find out what Takuto's first phase was? Putting smile on people's face like Wako said would be a lame first phase. Also it would've been pretty cool and unexpected when Takuto destroys Wako seal and turned into the bad guy.

Last edited by SoFarGone; 2011-04-03 at 15:16.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 15:09   Link #2818
Sekirei07

What are people getting pissed about?

Do you really want to watch for however freaking years of there life tell they are all dead and gone to be satisfied?

This series isnt about love, its not about Wako picking a guy, its about Takuto and him achieving his goals, which were to A. Punch his father in the face and B. Free Wako from her fated life.

HE DID THAT! He did EVERYTHING he set out to do by going to that island. There was NOTHING left to be done.

You want to watch all the years of his life until he is a corpse? Sounds freaking boring to me.
Old 2011-04-03, 15:16   Link #2819
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
What are people getting pissed about?

Do you really want to watch for however freaking years of there life tell they are all dead and gone to be satisfied?

This series isnt about love, its not about Wako picking a guy, its about Takuto and him achieving his goals, which were to A. Punch his father in the face and B. Free Wako from her fated life.

HE DID THAT! He did EVERYTHING he set out to do by going to that island. There was NOTHING left to be done.

You want to watch all the years of his life until he is a corpse? Sounds freaking boring to me.
Well, we saw people interact with each others the entire show. And now, we got... nothing.
We didn't ask for much, just a small epilogue to see how life goes for the characters. Just a quick view... Or at least a little speech by Sarina, who's totally missing from the episode.
To me, it would seem fair to get one.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 15:39   Link #2820
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol just started watching the episode and my god Keito is so NAIVE. Grow up little girl.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen