AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-21, 04:33   Link #481
blewin

finally, we see Inaho's true feelings. I've a feeling he's gonna stay dead though.....

princess may be alive (or not). Eitherway, Slaine now has the ability to pilot an Aldnoah machine, so he'll certainly gain some influence in the second season. Personally, I don't like the ending since two main leads are dead. I just hope Slaine can act smarter in S2 and stop being so confused!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2014-09-21, 04:40   Link #482
cyth
Banned

Welp, not watching S2, that much is certain.
Old 2014-09-21, 04:51   Link #483
zerriet

I am pretty ok with Inaho being dead in all honesty provided they give proper closure and respect for what he did. What i want however is for Asseylum to remain alive because the story would find itself slightly hard to continue ( and also because she is waifu material)
Old 2014-09-21, 05:22   Link #484
hai_san

huh lol wtf... what an atrocious ending/cliffhanger... i did expect that some of the main cast will die but that? orobutcher damn you... next season what will they show? how Inoha/Asseylum wondrously survive but by the end still dead? or Inoha/Asseylum survive but Slaine will be dead?

damn you Aldnoah Zero!
Old 2014-09-21, 05:24   Link #485
Gundamx

it's sad how when Inaho show emotion for first time he got killed.
his love for Asseylum not to mention sarcasm smile on his face.

before this episode, how many of you believe that Inaho can show sarcasm smile like that?

and it will be interesting if he survived and start using eye-patch in S2
Old 2014-09-21, 05:59   Link #486
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyway...does anyone wonder why Slaine didn't linger with the Princess?

I would have expected him to try to aid her...

But being serious now....I think there is too much double standard in people's reactions towards Slaine. It's not as if Inaho's all wise, infalliable and has all the solutions either. People accuse Slaine of being overly emotional....I say isn't that how Inaho has been acting all along? Save the Princess but no thought for her dream of ending the war? "resources..territory...or extermination" he says..well he isn't grasping the entire plot. And on a smaller scale, instead of attempting to fish Slaine out the water and interrogate him....he leaves him to be picked up by Saazbaum. Not very smart no?

At the end though...only Saaz had any real development. Apart from the comedic entertainment value which succeeds pretty well for me, I say the characters all deserve so much more

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2014-09-21 at 06:13.
Old 2014-09-21, 05:59   Link #487
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The ridiculosuly slow agonized crawling....Inaho emotionlessly shutting out Saazbaum's rather reasonable argument because Seylum-denka >>>>>>>> all.....
What argument? Or do you mean his sob story? You think there was an argument in there for letting him kill everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
And that is why I don't think the second season will focus on Vers. The war is still not over and Slaine with the Tharsis needs to be the equalizer that will keep this massacre from happening.

Slaine needs to redeem himself and just leaving this war is not gonna redeem him. He would also be betraying Asseylum's dream if he did that.
He already betrayed it pretty thoroughly when he sided with Saazbaum. On all levels. All that's left is for him to follow Saazbaum's philosophy to the end and grandly declare his sob story allows him to do whatever he wants.
Old 2014-09-21, 06:25   Link #488
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He already betrayed it pretty thoroughly when he sided with Saazbaum. On all levels. All that's left is for him to follow Saazbaum's philosophy to the end and grandly declare his sob story allows him to do whatever he wants.
Some people might think that I am a Slaine hater for calling out his blunders(it's only natural yo) but even despite his blunders I still want to see Slaine redeem himself. While it was pretty stupid of him to help Saazbaum I still think that he would follow Asseylum's dreams even if she is dead. I mean please let's not make all these blunders useless... learn from them Slaine... I beg of you...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-21, 06:27   Link #489
bigdeath

So yeah, its official. Slaine's medallion is cursed. Someone should have thrown that away a long time ago.
Old 2014-09-21, 06:27   Link #490
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
What argument? Or do you mean his sob story? You think there was an argument in there for letting him kill everyone?
His argument that the royalty of Mars is screwed up...and the insinuation that even if you stop him the wars and killing will still continue. IE what he was spouting as he fights Inaho...and thus the only thing Inaho could hear from him since they never met before this

It's not as shallow as his genocide may seem to imply

And no...don't imply I'm talking about his atrocities being permissible.....hold your horses and look beyond those actions is all I'm saying
Old 2014-09-21, 06:34   Link #491
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
So yeah, its official. Slaine's medallion is cursed. Someone should have thrown that away a long time ago.
"Look at all of your failed friendships, Slaine. What's the one constant? That's right, it's that cursed amulet. Why do you even have that?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle
His argument that the royalty of Mars is screwed up...and the insinuation that even if you stop him the wars and killing will still continue.

It's not as shallow as his genocide may seem to imply

And no...don't imply I'm talking about his atrocities being permissible.....hold your horses and look beyond those actions is all I'm saying
It's not just that they're not permissible, I don't even think they're really helpful. What has Saazbaum actually achieved towards his goals? Rayregalia is no less secure on his throne than he was. While Earth might have been cleared out for Versian occupation, it wasn't really necessary in the first place - Earth was never going to go 'No, people with advanced technology, stay away from peacefully joining us!'

Saazbaum isn't really making arguments to justify his actions, because even if you take what he says as gospel, it doesn't justify what he's doing on a moral or pragmatic level.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-09-21, 06:39   Link #492
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Not his actions like I said...

But the pointing out of Reygalia being the problem. It won't be solved unless the social fabric of Mars changes. No, it's not just resources as Inaho implies...because it's people that are the ones waging the war, not faceless entities

Basically Saazbaum is a nihilist, driven over the edge by his loss....so you shouldn't consider his actions as they are just destructive acts borne out of rage but his reasons
Old 2014-09-21, 06:58   Link #493
Ryuga

Well, if it's true that Asseylum's truly the only living royal alongside Rayregalia, than Saazbaum pretty much cut the bloodline, paving the way for a different kind of rule, though whether or not they'd simply replicate the ills of the current system is arguable. Well, I suppose even old man Rayregalia could produce another kid LOL, they've got a lot of tech after all.

EDIT: Actually, considering how Saazbaum was so emotionally charged about the whole thing, I reckon part of him simply wanted to lash out against the royal family and make them feel the loss he felt by killing Asseylum.

Last edited by Ryuga; 2014-09-21 at 07:11.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:03   Link #494
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm not that confident on whether Inaho is still alive, but I'm having a strong suspicion as it pertains to Asseylum.

It's interesting to me that the narrated recap at the end of the episode suggests heavy casualties on both sides, but makes particular mention of Asseylum's whereabouts being unknown.

At a meta-level, I don't think it would make much sense for the narrative to say that about Asseylum if somebody just took her body and buried her. At a meta-level, that's clearly supposed to get people thinking that she didn't just die and that's it.

My gut feeling right now is that Slaine took her body, went off with it, and somehow has managed to put her in some form of suspended animation where she's on the very line between dead and alive. Perhaps the Tharsus (Sp?) enables this in some way?

For a point of comparison...

Spoiler for Nanoha comparison:

I doubt we'll have to wait long to find out if Inaho is dead or alive at the start of Cour 2, but my suspicion is that they're going to drag out Asseylum's fate for much longer, building some suspense out of it.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:14   Link #495
renuac

Quote:

But the pointing out of Reygalia being the problem. It won't be solved unless the social fabric of Mars changes. No, it's not just resources as Inaho implies...because it's people that are the ones waging the war, not faceless entities

Basically Saazbaum is a nihilist, driven over the edge by his loss....so you shouldn't consider his actions as they are just destructive acts borne out of rage but his reasons
Aren't you confusing Saazbaum's talk with Slaine with his enraged shouting at Inaho? Because all he did in the latter was rave on about being powerless towards implanted hatred. How was Inaho supposed to make any sense out of that? Even Slaine didn't understand Saazbaum's reasons until he got a detailed lecture - complete with slideshow - and he's lived in Vers for five years, was in service to an Orbital Knight and knew Saazbaum personally. Saazbaum didn't explain anything to Inaho.

And as you say, his reasons don't even begin to justify his actions. Nor does Vers' political structure have anything to do with Inaho. What does concern Inaho is the situation on Earth: he has seen his planet wrecked, his home destroyed and his fiends injured or killed in the war Saazbaum unleashed. Do you really think that trying to understand Saazbaum's reasons should take precedence over preventing him from killing more people - something he was in the process of doing in that attack? Or that Saazbaum would be even remotely inclined to confide in Inaho?

And then there's the fact that they were kind of locked in mortal combat. Inaho would not have survived laying down his weapons and telling Saazbaum "You know, it sounds like you have legitimate grievances. Tell me more".

Inaho actually has an excellent grasp of the reasons behind the war. Mars needs more ressources and uses hatred as a way of getting people to fight. This is exactly what Saazbaum himself told Slaine. Neither Inaho nor Saazbaum denied that said hatred was a real thing. And while Vers' socio-political situation is a factor yes, it's a factor that primarily explains Vers' inner turmoil. In itself, it neither justifies nor explains why Vers attacked Earth. Plus, Inaho wasn't exactly trying to offer an in-depth analysis of the causes behind this particular war. He was making a general statement about war and the way hatred prolongs it in order to explain to Asseylum why he doesn't hate Martians in general.

Last edited by renuac; 2014-09-21 at 07:37.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:20   Link #496
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

And since his actions don't follow from his reasons, all we can conclude is that he's crazy and not worth reasoning with.
Old 2014-09-21, 07:29   Link #497
Gundamx

from img thread
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

internet people work really fast don't they ?
Old 2014-09-21, 07:35   Link #498
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
And since his actions don't follow from his reasons, all we can conclude is that he's crazy and not worth reasoning with.
Saazbaum probably has a legitimate beef with the Martian royal line, and he might have a legitimate beef with Earth government(s). But these are just rationalization pretexts added after the fact to make him feel more justified in his chosen actions (and also to sway Slaine, it seems). The truth is that, like The Joker, he just wants to see the world burn. He just wants to take revenge on the Martian royal line and terrans for the death of the love of his life, Orlane.

And that's why he had to be stopped, period.
Old 2014-09-21, 08:00   Link #499
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Okay, I've watched the episode. All I can say is... ONORE SLAAAAINE!!!

In all seriousness, I think I know why Slain did what he did. Guilt.

Anyways, goddamnit Urobutcher! You just killed Orange-kun. Now I fear for the other Orange.
Old 2014-09-21, 08:05   Link #500
yanzzy5

Seriously.... They killed inaho... come on the guy was the most bad ass character all year long it sucks to have him dead
Closed Thread