Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 06:24   Link #121
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Well their breast usually compress when wearing the uniform for protection and make Aoi more confident

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:40   Link #122
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I never saw the original anime or read the manga, so I don't know what Hyobu's crimes or character is truly like but, based on this series, I prefer him over the Children a lot more. Usually I support the "good guys" but this is a rare exception. And I don't like Minamoto either.

Maybe I should try to read the manga - it may change my mind...or not.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:55   Link #123
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I never saw the original anime or read the manga, so I don't know what Hyobu's crimes or character is truly like but, based on this series, I prefer him over the Children a lot more. Usually I support the "good guys" but this is a rare exception. And I don't like Minamoto either.
Thing is though, while he's supposed to be this dangerous criminal, in ZKC he's akin more to a big kid that likes messing around with Minamoto... And that's what he does (remember ZKC is still a comedy at heart). While we see his dangerous side every so often (more so in the recent arcs of the manga), there are more instances of him being this goofball that drives Magi nuts (instead of being the responsible Terrorist Leader that Magi WANTS him to be). I mean c'mon, this is the guy who logged on to Monster Hunter to tick Minamoto off.

I suspect UNLIMITED was mostly produced to show us Hyobu's driven and dangerous side.
Old 2013-01-30, 05:23   Link #124
Gundamx

By the way, what everyone think of eps3 EU princess who use her country funds for esper ( 5% of country people) instead of using it for other 95% normal people?
(That why that blond dud try to kill her.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 06:06   Link #125
Qilin
Romanticist

A bit late to the party, but I could help get excited about this episode.

First of all, I had to love all the service this episode dished out to the fans of the original. I got to see the Children and Fujiko in action when I didn't really expect to in this little Hyoubu-centric spin-off. And how could I forget that Triple Boost (with matching transformation scene ) at the end? Well, I kinda expected Hyoubu to overpower it with brute force, but it was fun while it lasted.

What I found interesting here is how different the Children felt during the mission. They were still essentially the same characters, but something was off. They felt... well, dangerous. Watching them storm the ship with such stoic expressions was truly a strange sight. I guess I'm not used to seeing them operate so efficiently. Still, teleporting an activated grenade right in front of a person's face struck me as chillingly callous, especially considering the characters I'd grown familiar with. Is it the difference in tone of the spin-off in general, I wonder? Or is this simply what the Children seem like from the perspective of the other side?

Great episode in any case. I don't think we'll be seeing the Children again too soon, but it's worth noting that this spin-off isn't entirely independent of the BABEL storyline.
Old 2013-01-30, 08:49   Link #126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not seen the original series nor the manga, so watching a badass criminal organization like PANDORA get their arses handed to them by three school girls who power up by striking a weird pose was a bit of a mixed affair.
Just want to explain this to you, Haak. The girls didn’t do a weird pose per se. Kaoru was just activating the triple boost while flying and reaching out her hands to pull that big ship with her telekinesis. Meanwhile, the other two girls have to grab Kaoru’s lower body to maintain physical contact to transfer their energy to Kaoru (and keep her arms free I guess). The “angelic wings” are also a side effect of Kaoru’s power boost. Just adding a little detail from the manga .
Old 2013-01-30, 14:48   Link #127
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
By the way, what everyone think of eps3 EU princess who use her country funds for esper ( 5% of country people) instead of using it for other 95% normal people?
(That why that blond dud try to kill her.)
If a few percent of the country's budget can make the country appear to be a save haven for espers and cause them to migrate there, that's a perfectly fine investment. The military potential of one Hyoubu is equal to that of a whole military division, but the upkeep costs cannot be compared. If you just manage to avoid internal strife, there are innumerable ways in which 5% (or more) of espers can bring benefit to the whole society. One of the reasons for the current position the US holds in the world is that it lured in great minds from all over the world by offering them safety and freedoms. The princess is trying to do the same for espers, and I think she knows what she's doing.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:50   Link #128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just want to explain this to you, Haak. The girls didn’t do a weird pose per se. Kaoru was just activating the triple boost while flying and reaching out her hands to pull that big ship with her telekinesis. Meanwhile, the other two girls have to grab Kaoru’s lower body to maintain physical contact to transfer their energy to Kaoru (and keep her arms free I guess). The “angelic wings” are also a side effect of Kaoru’s power boost. Just adding a little detail from the manga .
Oh I see. So there's a method behind the madness.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:04   Link #129
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-01-30, 17:47   Link #130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Damn lolicon.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:49   Link #131
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
^ Damn lolicon.
I will post "Damn Yaoi" next time

Old 2013-01-30, 18:01   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I will post "Damn Yaoi" next time
Please, for everything-that-is-holy's sake, NNNOOOooooo.......!
Old 2013-01-30, 18:19   Link #133
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Please, for everything-that-is-holy's sake, NNNOOOooooo.......!
This series is such fujoshi-bait though. You can't deny that. Just look at the ending credits for the latest episode.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 18:29   Link #134
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This series is such fujoshi-bait though. You can't deny that. Just look at the ending credits for the latest episode.
Well, at least I didn't see guys romantically embracing each other in ZKC anime and manga, unlike some fanarts out there .
Old 2013-01-30, 21:25   Link #135
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Are people seriously bothered by the number of males in this series? I'd say the balance is quite good for a dark action series. I'm sure the fujoshi have plenty of fun with the characters, but nothing that would derail the story happens on screen so that's not much of a problem.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 21:45   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Are people seriously bothered by the number of males in this series?
Nope. Not me. I’m bothered by the yaoi fanarts, not the numbers of bishounens in the show.

Hey, look no further than my avy & sig for a great example of an anime who has plenty of yaoi fanarts, yet I’m still okay with the anime itself.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-01-31 at 02:43. Reason: grammar
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 22:00   Link #137
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think it's just as well, as the main ZKC has an overwhelmingly female cast, at least among the teens -- Pandra has a single teenaged Esper, while Babel has two -- everyone else is a girl. So yeah, bring on the pretty boys!
Old 2013-01-31, 04:06   Link #138
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

People aren't bothered by the number of males, outside of Andy who's a new guy that we had to have, everyone else are in their place, it's just stuff like Hyobu putting a limiter on Andy while having bedroom eyes is what makes people roll eyes.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 04:54   Link #139
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think it's just as well, as the main ZKC has an overwhelmingly female cast, at least among the teens -- Pandra has a single teenaged Esper, while Babel has two -- everyone else is a girl. So yeah, bring on the pretty boys!
?

Isnt that gender ratio in manga roughly 50:50. It think it have more female but definitely not overwhelming

Old 2013-01-31, 11:16   Link #140
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Character album listing for The Children went up.
In addition to a new song "Triple Message" it's going to have the third version of My Wings and an acoustic arrange of Soushunfu (ED4).
This is going to be good.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem