AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-09-13, 05:49   Link #1201
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Just because she does not have a husband now doesnt mean she didnt had any flings or datings along the way..........Nah, she's probably to busy anyways, she's always on some mission to improve the world and help people and such. Not too mention all that children to raise............

I dont think Setsuna and Feldt not working has anything to do with their ideals not matching though, there just wasnt time or situation. Or maybe he just doesnt feel that way. I do agree that Marina and Setsuna's ideals do match though, probably because she sort of helped implanted some there in the first place but its good to see their interactions over the series. Even if Marina changed Setsuna more than Setsuna changed her, I got the feeling that he taught her a few things as well; namely back in S1 where they met for the first time and showed her his point of view of how why he fights. I don't think Marina talked that badly about them anymore after that episode, like she did in the previous episodes. I guess its because of Setsuna's story sort of made her see things from a different point of view from what he's been through, even if she probably doesn't fully support CB and such. In the end, I sort of liked the way the series have potrayed these two. You kind of still get the feeling that their destinies are intertwined in a more than platonic way yet they never really went out of their way to make them a real casual romantic couple. Its also believable because they sound like the kind of people who got so much things in the world that they need to do. One being a real pure symbol of peace in the world stage while the other one is not know but still fights for it and do and does what needs to be done to protect it while also becoming one of the forefront of humanity's relationship with another advanced species. And the ending still gives a an open (you can intrepet the level however you want) yet good and strong feelings about the closeness of these two after all they have done so that a romance is still possible while some may still intrepet it differently.
===================

Regarding ELS Innovators, there's actually plenty of them aside from Amia so it would not be too much of a stretch to think she met one at some point. Although Setsuna is a special type according to the Final Mechanics, even among them.
It's not like that.

What I said is beside of his ideals which is matched Marina, Setsuna also experienced Marina as a similar figure as his mother.
It's a complete different experience from what happened between Setsuna and Feldt.

In Feldt case, she's looking for Setsuna kindness.
She gave a lot of affection to Setsuna while for Setsuna, he's never looking such kind of affection from Feldt.

( As for myself, I'm much more prefer Feldt to ended up with Neil rather than Setsuna )

At the end-- It's not he didn't respond her.
It's he respond her but due to the difference in his understanding and valuation, the results is different.
This reason is seems to be the reason why Setsuna said there's nothing happened between him and Marina.
Because what Feldt interpret in her affection is she's managed to reach Setsuna kindness.
As for his relationship with Marina, it's both of them managed to reach their goals to make sure the world understand each other.

That's the difference.
I only named the difference, and not pushing that Marina is much more better to Setsuna.

The results for the romantic development itself is surely different for each fans.
It's natural, especially for Sunrise today to leave every romantic issue to be open interpretation since Gundam Seed Destiny.

There's a fanfic which telling Feldt is hidden-- waiting in 0-QanT ELS cockpit.
Or some part which said that he's taking Feldt after visiting Marina.
It's up to you which one do you believe

============

Yes.
Setsuna is special.
Setsuna is a full hybrid between ELS - Innovators.
Amia is a partial hybrid, judging from how far ELS contaminating her body at the end.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:25   Link #1202
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Marina isn't really better per say, she's just different. She takes the peace route to the fullest, while Setsuna is still willing to shed blood. Even after at the end, he's willing to actually hold a weapon even if he's much more pacifist than before.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:37   Link #1203
Charred Knight

I always saw Setsuna as a celibate character, I don't really see romance as important outside of Maria and Allelujah.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:39   Link #1204
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Same here. And the celibacy does help the whole messianic image they portray him in.

Though I would've loved it if they had did the ultimate trolling of SetsunaxMena.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:09   Link #1205
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

He does seem like the guy who got better things to do then getting laid.........or raise a family. Like..............becoming the first Innovator or becoming the ambassador of humanity to an alien race. Talk about overachieving......

Good thing Qan(T) is a Gundam unlike 00 Raiser, otherwise he'd be a bit lonely since he would be the only Gundam there (well there's always Tieria, but he's not a Gundam........ ).
Old 2011-09-14, 09:59   Link #1206
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I actually have always wonder what would really happened if they didn't make this movie. How different the TV series ending will be and things like that. But I guess we will never know, hah?
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 10:13   Link #1207
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Here's my 2nd thoughts about 00 movie after I've already seen it long time ago.

It's just bugs me when they'll never really explained about what happened to the other meisters 50 years later except Setsuna X Marina part.

The thing that I appreciate was the Mobile suits (QANT, Zabanya, Harute & Raphael) itself.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 12:21   Link #1208
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I actually have always wonder what would really happened if they didn't make this movie. How different the TV series ending will be and things like that. But I guess we will never know, hah?
While the go ahead for the movie was given very close to S2's ending, I do not think the ending would be much different. It could still end up mostly like it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Here's my 2nd thoughts about 00 movie after I've already seen it long time ago.

It's just bugs me when they'll never really explained about what happened to the other meisters 50 years later except Setsuna X Marina part.

The thing that I appreciate was the Mobile suits (QANT, Zabanya, Harute & Raphael) itself.
It bugs me a bit but probably not that much. They probably just continued doing whatever they were already doing right after the movie. Allelujah trying to find out more about his path (doing romance stuff with Marie along the way of course) while Lyle just continues being a Meister for CB. There is the Old Human Faction war that takes place not long after the movie, so reckon the Ptolemaios faction would likely be involved somehow; we already know that someone from Tieria's faction is at least.

I'm more disappointed they didn't follow it up that avenue through sidestories really, because they could have done it. All that's needed is one chapter from the already ongoing sidestories of the time. Hell, even some notes in a sourcebook would be decent enough; yet to our knowledge they haven't released any sort of info. Even something akin to the Monologues from the S2 Final DVDs would have been fine.
Old 2011-09-14, 15:37   Link #1209
kakakka

They're not going to touch upon Innovator War like how they didn't touch upon the Solar Wars...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 19:14   Link #1210
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I meant the character fates, rather than the actual war. Still I think the Innovator War while mostly untouched has got more chapters exposure in Senki than the Solar Wars did in any sidestory.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:11   Link #1211
kakakka

It didn't have some focus, but 00P first, and som flashback in second, are time during solar wars.

While as a conclusion for 00, the character fate is lacking, for the movie I feel they don't need it really. There's no focus on them in the story, its easy to think they'll just go back to their usual lives after the events. People can hate it all they want, but aliens and Setsuna were the focus of the story.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:43   Link #1212
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It didn't have some focus, but 00P first, and som flashback in second, are time during solar wars.

While as a conclusion for 00, the character fate is lacking, for the movie I feel they don't need it really. There's no focus on them in the story, its easy to think they'll just go back to their usual lives after the events. People can hate it all they want, but aliens and Setsuna were the focus of the story.
That's my feelings.

I think if you put 5 minutes of thought into Lyle's future you put 5 more minutes of thought than Sunrise did.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 04:05   Link #1213
arunavsharma
House MD

Marina was Setsuna's one true friend like the 1st Lockon.. As they taught him how important was it to change his violent mindset.

If you aint asking questions... then you havnt understood.

YouTube's Best AMV Channel
arunavsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 18:44   Link #1214
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunavsharma View Post
Marina was Setsuna's one true friend like the 1st Lockon.. As they taught him how important was it to change his violent mindset.
More like imaginary 1st Lockon did. The real one died while going on a rampage, doing everything he could to try and kill Ali because he couldn't move on.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:27   Link #1215
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
More like imaginary 1st Lockon did. The real one died while going on a rampage, doing everything he could to try and kill Ali because he couldn't move on.
Seconded. Neil was a badass, and left Ali in pretty bad shape, but he was killed because he couldn't let go. Ali was behind the death of his parents and countless others. He wanted revenge above all else, including CB's ideals.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 21:19   Link #1216
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

What I liked about his death was that the chances he had to love by not giving in to the rage, either by not going in the first place or escaping alongside Dynames rather than staying behind with the broken GN-Arms cannon just to get a shot at Ali. I like how he dies but Ali doesnt, leaving Lyle later who seems to be able to let go more easily (not all the time, and sometimes not immediately) to do the avenging in a less rageful manner, completing the ideology and main contrast between the two.
Old 2011-09-20, 11:06   Link #1217
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I really need to come here more often because every time I come here and want to say something, Sonic has already said it. Whether you dislike the whole replaced by his identical twin thing, the difference between Neil looking always to the past, and Lyle letting things go and looking to make the future better was very well played.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:58   Link #1218
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
For those wondering:

(Courtesy of Data Gundam)

Innovade Types

A (0026) Type: Sky Eclipse, Ribbons Almark, Hilling Care, Beside Pain, Leif Recitativo
B (0988) Type: Tieria Erde, Regenne Regetta, Bring Stabibity, Divine Nova, Flinch Brake
C Type: Brad, Innovade soldiers
D Type: Revive Revival, Anew Returner, Pete
E Type: Hanayo, Hayana, Hamiya
F Type: Telicyra Herfi, Sulu Suluuzu (whatever that spelling was)
G Type: Lars Grise
H Type: Bryn Sondheim
I Type: Grave Violento
J Type: Hixar Fermi
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:11   Link #1219
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For those wondering:

(Courtesy of Data Gundam)

Innovade Types

A (0026) Type: Sky Eclipse, Ribbons Almark, Hilling Care, Beside Pain, Leif Recitativo
B (0988) Type: Tieria Erde, Regenne Regetta, Bring Stabibity, Divine Nova, Flinch Brake
C Type: Brad, Innovade soldiers
D Type: Revive Revival, Anew Returner, Pete
E Type: Hanayo, Hayana, Hamiya
F Type: Telicyra Herfi, Sulu Suluuzu (whatever that spelling was)
G Type: Lars Grise
H Type: Bryn Sondheim
I Type: Grave Violento
J Type: Hixar Fermi

I thought they're different. With Bring and Devine being 0666?
Old 2011-09-28, 16:08   Link #1220
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Okay, now I'm even more confused. But thanks, Deacon.