AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 10:39   Link #81
D-Gold
Aurum

from the ending of the 4th book it seems like the 5th one will be fun. I am looking forward to it
Old 2012-02-05, 15:46   Link #82
Athena
The Power of One

Damn...I wanna buy th latest book ASAP...

How's the character development comparing to the previous volumes?
Old 2012-02-05, 23:24   Link #83
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
How's the character development comparing to the previous volumes?
Tons and tons for Kotobuki, who gets more screen time than Tohko. A moderate amount for Konoha, but Nomura seems to be saving the big stuff for next book. Akutagawa, Takeda and Maki are limited to guest appearances, though Akutagawa's behavior is hinting at something.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 17:40   Link #84
Athena
The Power of One

Oh yeah, next is about Miu, right?
Old 2012-02-06, 21:15   Link #85
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Funny..I thought vol 4 will be all about Miu because of the development in vol 3 I'll admit, that was pretty surprising if I never watch the movie at all.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 21:32   Link #86
Athena
The Power of One

By vol. 3, you meant the end? Like, the letters to Miu?
Old 2012-03-05, 05:38   Link #87
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
By vol. 3, you meant the end? Like, the letters to Miu?
Yep, that one Having only reading a little bit of spoilers really gives me a good experience when reading each volume of this novel.

My impression for vol 4:
...This book is horrible, disgusting, bad and distasteful. I don't know how many times I've frowned when reading each passages of the story, and how the characters act. To put it in Touko's term, it's like swallowing a jar of bitter pills each time you eat the pages in this book.

It feels like the book really manage to bring this 'phantom' character to live. Even though he was a monster, a disgusting person, or someone who was horrible (I didn't read phantom of the opera, but that's my impression of him after reading this novel), I feel like I can symphatize with him completely. No...maybe it's more like I fell in love with him. It's like the book itself is the phantom in which I come to love despite how horrible it is.

For someone who said that this is going to be their favorite volume after vol 2, I think I've come to an agreement with it. This book manage to bring the ugly side of the truth and the characters inside it to life, and made me feel as if I was also hit by the torrents of emotions that Inoue hit in this chapter...

Aaah ;_; I can't wait for the next volume

Old 2012-03-05, 11:25   Link #88
Athena
The Power of One

I think Volume 4 is kinda "bitter", if you get what I mean. For instance, the first volume and third volume were much more light-hearted, even though there was stabbing in the third (drama only really builds up in the end). The second is more "bipolar" in some ways.
Old 2012-03-05, 11:37   Link #89
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yeah, this is definitely more dark than the last volume. The part where some artists/musician cut their wrist, for example, really crept me out

From what I've seen in the movie...I've got a feeling that the next 2 volumes will be much more depressing Ugh, I don't know in what way would the novel affect me after I've done reading it

Old 2012-03-06, 19:30   Link #90
vergil22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It feels like the book really manage to bring this 'phantom' character to live. Even though he was a monster, a disgusting person, or someone who was horrible (I didn't read phantom of the opera, but that's my impression of him after reading this novel), I feel like I can symphatize with him completely. No...maybe it's more like I fell in love with him. It's like the book itself is the phantom in which I come to love despite how horrible it is.
Well, somehow I could sympathisze with Yuka Mito more than the "phantom", but I think thats only my opinion,

Quote:
From what I've seen in the movie...I've got a feeling that the next 2 volumes will be much more depressing Ugh, I don't know in what way would the novel affect me after I've done reading it
I think the book will be better than the movie, because imo the novels (till now) are better written as the movie. I really expect more works like this from both Mizuki Nomura and Miho Takeoka.
vergil22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 21:53   Link #91
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Now that I think about it...maybe what I meant by the phantom was not only the 'phantom' at the epilogue, but all the characters regarding it like Christine and Raoul

Quote:
I think the book will be better than the movie, because imo the novels (till now) are better written as the movie. I really expect more works like this from both Mizuki Nomura and Miho Takeoka.
That's why I don't know what will happen after I read it Every book always manage to give me a huge emotional impact that I don't even know what would happen if I read vol 5-7 ;_;

Old 2012-03-07, 07:35   Link #92
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
The most depressing one is the last volume, I think. That was when I threw my pencil sharperner on the deck from my window in a moment of rage.
Old 2012-03-07, 11:33   Link #93
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Ugh, seriously?
Not to mention that it's final book too...so maybe it will become a mixture of sadness because that such a good series has ended and depressed because of the book itself?

Old 2012-03-07, 13:20   Link #94
vergil22

Quote:
^
Ugh, seriously?
Not to mention that it's final book too...so maybe it will become a mixture of sadness because that such a good series has ended and depressed because of the book itself?
It didnt end completely there are after story novels
Old 2012-03-07, 16:32   Link #95
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Yeah, I made the mistake of starting the film after reading the first book, not realizing it was an adaptation of the last half of the series until I'd already been spoiled on Miu being alive. But from what I saw, the series isn't going to lighten up for a while.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:34   Link #96
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
^
Ugh, seriously?
Well, there's the side-series with Konoba in 3rd year and a new kouhai. Quite good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Yeah, I made the mistake of starting the film after reading the first book, not realizing it was an adaptation of the last half of the series until I'd already been spoiled on Miu being alive. But from what I saw, the series isn't going to lighten up for a while.
The film was like a mix of V5 and V8, with other stuffs.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:35   Link #97
vergil22

Only 9 days left before volume 5 comes out *-*
Old 2012-07-15, 20:23   Link #98
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vergil22 View Post
Only 9 days left before volume 5 comes out *-*
Really!? I will make a reminder .
Old 2012-07-25, 18:27   Link #99
vergil22

Finally after 6 months: Book girl vol.5

After reading it, the only thing I can say is:
Spoiler for Review:

Looking forward to "Book Girl and the Undine Who Bore a Moonflower"
Old 2012-07-25, 19:20   Link #100
Athena
The Power of One

IMO, this volume might be a turning point in this series since it tackles directly all that drama with Konoha. I've always thought that Mizuki Nomura is good with the kind of "cold story-telling" where the 1st-person narration isn't just some kind of narration where the main character cries out his feelings to fill the lines and where you can look at the line and read the nouns and such then go to the next line. The author writes in a way that each word is candy to the eyes, and that is the same for her other series whoh I'm reading now.

The best part is when I read the bold text, personally. The way it's told...

Tags
harem, shounen