AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 09:10   Link #61
Xacual

You should probably correctly title the spoiler tag. I wasn't expecting that when I opened it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:11   Link #62
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol I trolled since there was a debate on DxD vs Hagure while people don't know the plot. We need to give them information to make it more interesting.

Though I think people living in the western-country and those who loves RPG would prefer Hagure over DxD I think.

EDIT: Just added the spoiler tag so the mods wont kill me for it.
Hm, well that spoiler did just give away a crucial piece of V4 and V5 (though you luckily didn't give away the rest). I happen to think that V4 and V5, which wraps up and explores the story in the alternative world, are the best in the whole series thus far.
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:33   Link #63
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You should probably correctly title the spoiler tag. I wasn't expecting that when I opened it.
Lol. Alright changed it. How does it feel after reading it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Hm, well that spoiler did just give away a crucial piece of V4 and V5 (though you luckily didn't give away the rest). I happen to think that V4 and V5, which wraps up and explores the story in the alternative world, are the best in the whole series thus far.
Spoiler for spoiler:
True. Volume 4 and 5 definitely was the best.
Spoiler for volume 4 and 5:

But how do we actually seperate the volumes to story arcs?
I always think of it is the following:
-Story Arc 1: Volume 1
-Story Arc 2A: Volume 2-3
-Story Arc 2B: Volume 4-5
-Story Arc 3: Volume 6-9
Old 2012-07-07, 09:40   Link #64
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
^ um... dude. You just spoiled the one plot twist in the whole story.

Not really. Are there good harem MC's who fight and stand up for their loved ones? Sure. But very few actually sacrifice that much for the heroine. That or the MC is already too powerful to begin with, so the reader can't see how the MC would react in a desperate situation. Having looked over my light novel library, I would probably only say that there is one only other MC that has guts on par with Issei and several that are respectable.

I'm not really sure. Part of the reason why DxD attracted a wave of people was because of it's unique ways of powering up. There has not been a single series I've read since or before that is the same. You may argue that the progression of the greater story is relatively normal; however, the specific plot progression and crucial events in each volume is truly unique. Dress Breaker, Bilingual, Tits God, Powering Up by Poking, Powering Up because of Extreme Lusts, Random Summons, Ruining the reputation of the Red Dragon Emperor. All of those (or similar events)... are not things you find in any other series.

Well, if you want a badass MC, you're in the right place. However, if you're talking "generic" plot, Hagure would be more of the same. More so than DxD, it follows the formula with a rough ending in sight. The reason I happen to really like Hagure is because it executes the formula better than a lot of other series.
first lets stop with DxD comparison but really if its only MC then I'll give you one in the popular series. In index with their 3 hero story. Hamazura and he is even a normal person. Unlike Issei who is not really normal because he is special. He is the crimson emperor. But Hamazura is a normal thug that fell in love with an agent of the dark side of the academy. I won't spoil much of it but fans love him for being normal thrown into abnormal world and he would even challenge the darkness of the city itself or Accelerator for the manner and all limbs crumble apart but he will protect Takitsubo Rikou.

Aside from him. You can see in manga or vn games or other materials that in terms of love. Any one can go against the world. Which is normal Though you could even see in some light novel that even the MC just met the girl he already fell in love and even will sacrifice himself for her. Which is funny for me but sometimes. I just love that romantic scenes and that is also normal too

Now the part where DXD SHINES THE MOST!!!! IS ISSEI unique way to power up. AND I WON'T ARGUE WITH YOU THAT I LOVE IT AND I ALSO WANT TO POKE BUCHOU'S NIP..... gets blast away.

seriously speaking. Its funny and unique and really funny again and did I say unique that I can't see it in other novels the way DxD did it. But not really unique because before DxD employs it. I already see it in Sadou Tarou from MM. The HENTAI POWA!!!! and also I fell sorry and condolence for the author of MM.

Okay enough with that and back to Hagure. I haven't read the spoiler provided by nom@n yet. Will read it after I reply to this. I like badass MC but sometimes I wish they employ a more grandeur schemes. or Plot which involves more mystery and darkness in it. I like Kagami, Kawakami, Kanzaka, Kamachi, Nasu, Nishio and Urobochi (I only named the famous people that would certainly be heard of)

Well they planned their work and they are good at it. (I notice lots of K in my authors list) I will just see Hagure as Ichinan Ushiro Dai maou then. I also like that series. And probably be the same as this? strong MC and all.

Ah, I'm actually not a fan on Issei training because I favor more people who are normal that worked hard to become strong. And Issei for all his hard work is special because he is a dragon. I favor those who trained hard for a long time and gets strong because they earned it. A popular example is Kenichi from history's strongest disciple and maybe from the oldies which is Himura Kenchin and Zenkichi from Medaka Box. He is normal but the girl he likes is so abnormal that no matter how hard he trained. She is still too far for him but he never stops. He is still chasing on her.

Another example for an MC that would go that far for the heroine would probably Shirou though he got the avalon so his special too but he take the beating in all routes to prove himself that he is a man. Another example is Yuuji Sakai that fights the whole world for his love. His normal that grew stronger that fast even if the anime skips his hard training from the trinity and his research in the library. He is still special because he is the host of Snake of the Festival and the mystes of Reiji Maigo.

This post is too long and cutting off now.

Now off to reading that spoilers.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2012-07-07 at 10:01.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:55   Link #65
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Ah, I'm actually not a fan on Issei training because I favor more people who are normal that worked hard to become strong. And Issei for all his hard work is special because he is a dragon. I favor those who trained hard for a long time and gets strong because they earned it. A popular example is Kenichi from history's strongest disciple and maybe from the oldies which is Himura Kenchin and Zenkichi from Medaka Box. He is normal but the girl he likes is so abnormal that no matter how hard he trained. She is still too far for him but he never stops. He is still chasing on him.
i hope you typed it wrong that part, coz if not i can't think anything other than Dj BL of popular series

accepting anyone anwer, what is Akatsuki power that made him win over maou solo? and what Leon curse is?is it related to demon extermination?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:01   Link #66
ZeKeR
Superbad

well... at least he isn't a near anti-hero even though he has the impression of one.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:02   Link #67
tsunade666

Correcting myself. Hehehe

But after reading the spoilers provided. I won't compare this to DxD. its just happen that its popular right now. That's all.

But when I read that Maou and school setting. It really reminds me of Dai Maou.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:11   Link #68
wen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
well... at least he isn't a near anti-hero even though he has the impression of one.
i like anti-hero better than the normal kind, the normal kind is just too predictable while the anti-hero are seriously hardcore.
EX:Lelouch from code geass,Light from death note,Hei from darker than black
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:11   Link #69
CNine
Inactive Member

J. Rakan and Akatsuki will definitely have a good long chat
Spoiler for BFF:
Old 2012-07-07, 10:12   Link #70
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
J. Rakan and Akatsuki will definitely have a good long chat
Spoiler for BFF:
I wonder if they will be comparing their collections
Old 2012-07-07, 10:17   Link #71
wen13

I wonder when will this novel get translated?
I know that it will get translated but the question now is when?
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:19   Link #72
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder if they will be comparing their collections
Rakan maybe collecting them, but don't know about Akatsuki he is not that hardcore yet

J. Rakan
Ise Hyoudou
Akatsuki Ousawa

if those three meet each other and form an "HENTAI TRINITY", that day will be mark of woman hell!!!
Old 2012-07-07, 10:20   Link #73
tsunade666

I think your wrong on already assuming it will be translated. Its the question of if their will be a translator that will be translating this one. Not when but who will translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
Rakan maybe collecting them, but don't know about Akatsuki he is not that hardcore yet

J. Rakan
Ise Hyoudou
Akatsuki Ousawa

if those three meet each other and form an "HENTAI TRINITY", that day will be mark of woman hell!!!
Okay let me correct myself.

Rakan might be collecting them
Issei might be drooling over them
Akatsuki is taking them off from the girls and throwing it away and taking the girl without underwear with him in a sack and taking her home
Old 2012-07-07, 11:20   Link #74
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

you forget about "raping" her and recruit her as nisemono imouto
btw a little correction for my previous comment..

Last edited by alchem1st; 2012-07-07 at 11:37.
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 04:16   Link #75
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Simple background of the story before the actual plotline

Spoiler for Open only if you want to be spoiled......Dont blame me if you get spoiled too much for it:
Hmmm, thx for the background info... im feeling a deja vu of El Hazard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
i like anti-hero better than the normal kind, the normal kind is just too predictable while the anti-hero are seriously hardcore.
EX:Lelouch from code geass,Light from death note,Hei from darker than black
This... Need more of this kinda protagonist, like you im sick and tired of the typical Justice, Honor, Nakama, save everyone main lead...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:00   Link #76
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Arguing about shounen heroes being badass, never give up, having strong determination makes me frowned.

You all realize that real life isn't like that at all, right? It's not even realistic for someone to get beaten up by laser blast or cannon to be in whole piece instead of leaving their body unrecognizable.

I can't understand why Ise even survive from those ordeals in the first place.

When we have series like Darker Than Black, as unrealistic as it is, people are usually killed instantly no matter how badass or tough they are if they messed up.

Hell, look at how Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei works!

Plz, don't praise shounen heroes like the kind of Ise too much. He wouldn't be able to beat his opponent if his opponents killed him instantly. Determination will never works against someone who intends to kill you, and in sports, they can't actually hurt you too much until you death since that'd make them murderers.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 06:00   Link #77
blade82

its not quite simple because Ise was always looked down by his enemys except Saraoirg
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 08:54   Link #78
deathcoy

High School DxD has become the new measuring stick for harem/shounen stuff... >.>

Weird, but what ever works lol...

Well lets not turn this into the long running MMO debate - every mmo is a copy of WoW...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:41   Link #79
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Dude, WoW is a copy of EverQuest, only much better.

Humanity is a copy of ape, simply a bit smarter and more civilized than them.

There is simply no originals anymore these days. DxD takes a lot of elements from classic sereis like Dragonball, Saint Seiya, Bible, Hinduism, Norse sagas, typical harem series etc. but I'd snap if someone says it's unoriginal or a rip-off of something since I seriously can't find anything original anymore.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 15:17   Link #80
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

the funny thing is a lot of us so serious and often doing almost everything including dirty way
to force their opinion in the forum or other eventough it was completely useless or no benefit.
im not supporting kleeyook but lowering guard or not serious is not professional action
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen