AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-09, 09:16   Link #14001
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
That's what happens when you read too much fanfiction. Blame Flere821!
...Seriously? Getting kinda pissed off that nobody ever mistaken my fics for canon... >.>
Old 2011-09-09, 09:55   Link #14002
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Seriously? Getting kinda pissed off that nobody ever mistaken my fics for canon... >.>
I consider your Kakine/Girl in Dress short canon, if it makes you feel better.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to apologize to the thread readers in general, and Drifting Wolf in particular, for coming off so forcefully in my posts regarding Aogomi and the #6 Level 5. That's just how I learned to debate issues on the internet without resorting to personal attacks. I blame AnimeSuki and my Leo sign...
Old 2011-09-09, 09:57   Link #14003
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You need some of Mr.Kyon's crack to loosen up that mind of yours.
But adding to the topic, anything can happen. Including the Sixth Level 5 to be an entirely different character.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-09, 09:58   Link #14004
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
No thanks. I don't want to end up like C2F.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:08   Link #14005
Drifting Wolf

And in Mr. Kyon's sig.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:11   Link #14006
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
And in Mr. Kyon's sig.
Well I was mostly referring to the waifu part, but that too.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:32   Link #14007
Miraluka
Banned

Oi, let the people dream, since the Aogami = #6 L5 theory has something to be supported on (Vol.1, something beyond relying on just friendship when the situation is that dangerious means said person must be really strong and Touma wasn't that idiot to call a powerless person), the speculation can be done.

BTW, Kanzaki SS Chapter 4 part 4 updated.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:40   Link #14008
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You know, every novel Kanzaki shows up in Kamachi mentions she can use Christian, Buddhist, and Shinto spells. It's like he forgets we already know.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:43   Link #14009
Drifting Wolf

Sometimes people just randomly pick up these novels in no order and flip through them. It happens.
Old 2011-09-09, 10:49   Link #14010
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Sometimes people just randomly pick up these novels in no order and flip through them. It happens.
Well he's only really needed to mention it twice: The fight with "Misha", explaining how she could even put up a fight, and the fight with Acqua, where nothing was working. Now that I think about it, it's a bit ironic both of those fights involved [The Power of God] in some way.

Every other time it feels like he just likes writing it.
Old 2011-09-09, 11:09   Link #14011
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well he's only really needed to mention it twice: The fight with "Misha", explaining how she could even put up a fight, and the fight with Acqua, where nothing was working. Now that I think about it, it's a bit ironic both of those fights involved [The Power of God] in some way.

Every other time it feels like he just likes writing it.
Maybe there is point we aren't seeing like... this SS is bundled with Railgu DVD/BDs so these will be new to those who only are hooked up to Railgun series.

BTW, I've been thinking Kanzaki's Amakusa style has the potential to get beyond chrisitianism rules by the simple fact that it already pointed out chrisitanism spells weakness. How would be a Saint from Horus Age?
Old 2011-09-09, 12:00   Link #14012
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
BTW, I've been thinking Kanzaki's Amakusa style has the potential to get beyond chrisitianism rules by the simple fact that it already pointed out chrisitanism spells weakness. How would be a Saint from Horus Age?
The only problem I can see is actually getting into the Age of Horus. From the way Aleister talks, I get the feeling pretty much ALL of the Magic Side at the moment is "trapped" in the Age of Osiris, not just the Abrahamic-based denominations.
Old 2011-09-09, 12:14   Link #14013
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The only problem I can see is actually getting into the Age of Horus. From the way Aleister talks, I get the feeling pretty much ALL of the Magic Side at the moment is "trapped" in the Age of Osiris, not just the Abrahamic-based denominations.
I don't think so:
Quote:
“Osiris and Horus. Abandoning the old world bound by the rule of Christianity and the awakening of a new world filled with new laws and freedom. That was your theory, was it not? …Well, I have a feeling there is more to that than simple logic. I have a feeling your history that let you see the ugly side of the believers of a certain strict Christian denomination and of the modern magical society that claims to have abandoned worldly desires had something to do with it.” While she stared at the night scenery that shined even more brightly than the stars in the sky, a malicious smile appeared on Birdway’s face.

“…That’s right, Aleister. During World War III, the ‘old’ rules were removed from this world. And that includes the ones you controlled. The second death. Kamijou Touma’s error. Uncontrollable expectations of what will occur in the future. Doesn’t the world just seem like so much fun today? You should take satisfaction in this, too. Take satisfaction in this confusion where people move around freely and you therefore cannot be sure where things are headed.”
Owned by Fiamma!

Also, how to explain Index's Crimson Wings?
IMO, so far the answer lies on the Magic Gods, and one of them is called One-eyed Othinus, whose name obviously implies is using the Norse Myh as his style.
Old 2011-09-09, 12:47   Link #14014
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
IMO, so far the answer lies on the Magic Gods, and one of them is called One-eyed Othinus, whose name obviously implies is using the Norse Myh as his style.
Speaking of that, my theory is that Aiwass actually achieved what Aleister hinted Fiamma could have had he used the Age of Horus as his medium, rather than Osiris.

Heck, that might have been what finally prompted Aleister to confront Fiamma personally: He realized Fiamma's actions disrupted the control he had, and Fiamma as he was could still shift into the Age of Horus and overtake him. Seeing what Imagine Breaker was sealing was just the final straw.
Old 2011-09-09, 14:38   Link #14015
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But adding to the topic, anything can happen. Including the Sixth Level 5 to be an entirely different character.
Yeah... here's another theory for example:

The 6th level 5 is... Saten Ruiko!
Actually, her name and face are different... her power is copying the abilities of other espers. Misaki, fearing her power being copied, used her own on "Saten" to make her believe she was a level 0 of another name, just while "Saten" was assuming her current appearance via a shape shifting power she had copied. During the level upper incident, she was actually copying the levitation power from her friends, which she used on the leaves on her hand to make a "wind" effect... Makes sense doesn't it?

Currently, only Misaki and Aleister know what happened to the 6th level 5.

... ah... too much crack...
Old 2011-09-09, 14:41   Link #14016
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
Feel weird if Academy city make a Lvl 0's school... no have benefits at all.
Well you know ... It's called "packing the garbage" that's what happen in a lot of countries when it's ruled by a capitalism government and the same apply for a school city: they can't give high furnitures for each school.
Old 2011-09-09, 16:14   Link #14017
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Well you know ... It's called "packing the garbage" that's what happen in a lot of countries when it's ruled by a capitalism government and the same apply for a school city: they can't give high furnitures for each school.
Well compare tokiwadai's dorms to touma's dorm.
From the looks of it his dorm is way more spacious while living alone compared to mikotos/shirais more cramped one. Also it seems you can opt to live alone as well seeing as both touma and tsuchimikado live ''alone'' since I wouldn't believe index and maika is official residents of said dorm.

I think AC don't give a damn which school lvl 0's go to, since the genius kumokawa seria goes to the same school as aogami pierce (assuming hes actually 0 afterall).
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-09-09, 17:15   Link #14018
desrtsku
Nympholept

hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you guys ^^
Old 2011-09-09, 17:15   Link #14019
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
I think AC don't give a damn which school lvl 0's go to, since the genius kumokawa seria goes to the same school as aogami pierce (assuming hes actually 0 afterall).
Actually is the schools the one that set the standards of what student is in and who is out. Technically AC doesn't give a damn because the "worst" school ESP level one is really not given any heed. (Touma's, hinted on not having any student beyond level 3 with mostly 0s).

Kumokawa appears to be a low level though and through (no display of abilities and she does use "other means" to solve things), so being her in a low level school is just fitting
Old 2011-09-09, 20:58   Link #14020
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Huh.

That's what happens when you read too much fanfiction. Blame Flere821!
Oi now, even in MY fic Touma's school still got their collective backsides kicked by Tokiwadai after their trump cards bullet magnets (Touma and Aogami) was neutralized. >.>

It's not like I made it like Touma's school won - just that they put up a fight before thoroughly defeated
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen