AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-05, 15:33   Link #21
Keruri
Like a falling star

To me, Rem is the best voice thus far, closely followed by Ryuk. Misa was better than I'd expected. I had imagined her voice to be slightly higher in pitch than it is, just very slightly, but she has the jovial attitude down as far as I can tell.

I'm not diasppointed. However, I still quite dislike L's voice. Even still, I do understand that topping Kappei Yamaguchi is quite impossibe by any standards.
Old 2008-01-06, 00:10   Link #22
CJL13
God of his own ego

Rem is practically identical to the Japanese version, but since the Japanese Rem was so good, that's a good thing. Misa is even better, not annoying high-pitched, and she has that child like innocence to her.
Old 2008-01-07, 22:11   Link #23
Bornsatin

Send a message via MSN to Bornsatin
I personally think they've done a decent job, alot better than some of the other dubs I've tried o.O
Old 2008-01-08, 01:00   Link #24
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well the dub of death note is ok

& by the the dub company of death note is also the same grouo that did animes like GS & others that is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ocean_Group
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2008-01-08, 15:36   Link #25
Hypervalor
Valor Kira

Misa's voice is "less dumb" than the original japanese voice
Old 2008-01-08, 17:31   Link #26
Teh2ndrunner
History Fanatic

I think they have succeeded greatly in picking the perfect voices to the chars. I even think they sound better than the subbed version ( esp Ryuk whos voice is spot on). Misa Misa's voice - well it's already been said thats gd. Personally this has to be one of the best dubs out there - and so it shud given the awesomeness of the series
Old 2008-01-10, 12:23   Link #27
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Well...Misa's voice is like werid....It's not high enough and sounds mature...Misa's voice should be high and sound like an innocent child
Old 2008-01-11, 15:12   Link #28
Kalimah
Fallen Idol

well i kind of agree that misa's voice sounded weird at first...it doesnt fit her so well...and Rem's wasnt too great either...but i'm still going to watch the dub...i think it's up there with FMA on quality of dubbing...
Old 2008-01-15, 09:13   Link #29
Kiyoru

Personally, after watching the Japanese version, I find it hard to accept the dub. I really don't like it, L just sounds.. ugh. Light, nuh. Just, not my thing. I can't say I like very many dubs for animes.
Old 2008-01-15, 22:49   Link #30
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post
Personally, after watching the Japanese version, I find it hard to accept the dub. I really don't like it, L just sounds.. ugh. Light, nuh. Just, not my thing. I can't say I like very many dubs for animes.
Oh yea...That's because if you watch the Japanese dub the English dub is hard to accept because your used to the voice from the Japanese dub..so the new voice for English just isn't right...It's like when the replace an actor for another actor on a show...It just takes some getting used to because it's a different person....
Old 2008-02-07, 13:14   Link #31
Screwjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post

I agree, but L's voice is one of the dubs that I do like. In my opinion he sounds almost exactly like he looks, if you know what I mean. His dub voice sounds almost like an android or robot when he pronounces certain syllables, the voice actor is very talented.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:04   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Frankly, this is one of the very few shows where I liked the english dub better than the japanese audio w/ subs. I found Light's and L's voices to be too high pitched in the japanese audio. Double goes for Amane Misa. God her voice was awful in the japanese audio. It was to me what a dog whistle is to animals.

I REALLY liked Light's voice and L's voice in the english dub. Even though some people might have found it bland/boring, I liked his kind of slovenly genius (he talked softly, kind of mumbled, and yet pulled off sounding like a genius 24/7, always thinking, and sounds how he looks). Even though I didn't like his character, Light's voice actor pulled off crazy-genius-god-complex-madman very well, I thought. I actually haven't finished it yet in English, since I watched it first in japanese, but I like both.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:28   Link #33
Shinigami_Gamer

In general I have to say that the dub is decent some characters are better then others. Ryuk, Rem, Misa, and Light had good voices, though certain characters such as L just sound off, but that is probably because of how use I am to hearing the Japanese voices.
Old 2008-02-23, 23:01   Link #34
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I found that some of the voices I liked even more than the subbed version. Like Ryuk and Misa.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:40   Link #35
Ame no Uta
Kira Chaser

I think they did a pretty good job. I like Light's and Ryuuk's voices, and Misa's is OK. Though, I do NOT like L's. I dont particulary hate it though. I just think its too deep. It just doesnt sound very Lish...y'know?
Old 2008-03-10, 07:05   Link #36
CJL13
God of his own ego

Funny thing they did for the second OP, at the end they had the subtitles show something about a hymn to humanity and omitted the f word, yet they didn't bleep out anything!
Old 2008-03-10, 11:23   Link #37
Kikio
It Exploded..

Light's english voice sounds familiar to me, idk though. Ryuk's voice is awesome . L's voice sounds.....o_oa bit like a stalker and I hate it. Misa just sounds more annoying >_<
Old 2008-03-10, 16:19   Link #38
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikio View Post
Light's english voice sounds familiar to me, idk though. Ryuk's voice is awesome . L's voice sounds.....o_oa bit like a stalker and I hate it. Misa just sounds more annoying >_<
Light is best known as Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam, he's also Lan from Megaman NT.
Old 2008-03-12, 11:47   Link #39
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Light is best known as Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam, he's also Lan from Megaman NT.
Also Quattro in Gundam Wing. The thing that makes it wierd is that he always plays brave, nice, good guys. Although I don't think he does poorly in Death Note. I just have to reenvision the character, which I am always happy to do.

L's English voice actor is amazing. Wow, the inflection quirks are perfect. And when he calls Matsuda/Matsui pretending to be some vapid chum, I thought that was extremely well done.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:39   Link #40
Kikio
It Exploded..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Thats it..but i still hate L's voice makes me wanna cry T.T
Closed Thread