AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 10:37   Link #301
Arya

ohh, after that little let down of ep. 7 we are back on the OYZ outstanding standards
The drawing is outstanding. When I saw the sisters cute faces it was outright clear that they were pour victims, just by their looking And Zakuro blushing-crying-worring face was the best!
Even if
Spoiler for episode 8:
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 16:48   Link #302
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Spoiler for episode 8:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-11-24, 16:24   Link #303
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 8

So once again we get a hint that Zakuro is not just another half breed and although regular humans still see them as unsightly our 4 heroins have not had it as bad as other the others. The two sister that attacked Zakuro are obviously being used with the younger sister not knowing that the older one is following the black window's orders to keep her safe. Also, this episode also confirmed that not only are half breeds not looked at very kindly by humans but full spirits/demons as well. I actually find this new revolution interesting since its kind of like real life. Sometimes a person born of two different races are not accepted by either.

So what makes Zakuro so special? The answer is obviously because of her mother. But one piece of the clue has yet to be reveled which is Zakuro's father and who is or was. Im assuming the twins and Susukihotaru are regular half breeds just like Byakuroku and Daidai. However, it seems the more time they spend away from the village (btw where is it and does it only consist of half breeds) their powers diminish. Why is it that the others powers do not seem to be affected.

Im very curious as to what abuse or traumatic event caused Byakuroku to suffer so much. Susukihotaru was seriously effected by feeling her emotions what was it that did this. Her sister does not seem to be effected as much and does seem to hate Zakuro shes just following orders, her sister is obviously envious and envy can lead to a great deal of hatred. For some reason im thinking black widow had a problem with Zakuro's mother.

Very nice to see Orikata again she is quite fine lol and funny how Zakuro's first words upon meeting her was "huge" lmao

Riken and Zakuro made quite the team not too bad and Susukihotaru has most def changed since meeting Riken. Seeing her be brave saying should would not leave Agemaki was a huge change for her. But the best part was her showing that vulnerable side only to Riken after they were rescued as she hugged him tightly and cried in his arms. These two are 100% my favorite couple in the series but i do love them all.

Zakuro crying while saying dont look at me was classic lol. Trying to deny her feeling even though it was obvious that she was worried sick about Agemaki. The ending scene of him hugging her from behind while she cried was beautifully done.

The story is progressing very well i hope the ending is done well and it leaves no loose ends. Funny how the twins and Ganryuu got that silly punishment. I think out of the girls the twins must adore their partner the most and part of it is obviously because he can tell them apart.
Old 2010-11-25, 03:25   Link #304
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Episode 8 gave us a taste of what the atmosphere would have been like if the pairs were switched around. Although Riken and Zakuro would have made a very powerful and skilled team, it does show that Agemaki is the best one to support Zakuro spiritually. And same with Riken and Hotaru...and the twins and Ganryuu. As opposites, together they each complete each other. Very good insight of the creators to have made this episode this way. This series constantly surprises me at how deep it is with each and every detail.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 06:55   Link #305
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow. Never make an Elaphant angry. DX
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:18   Link #306
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Episode 8 gave us a taste of what the atmosphere would have been like if the pairs were switched around. Although Riken and Zakuro would have made a very powerful and skilled team, it does show that Agemaki is the best one to support Zakuro spiritually. And same with Riken and Hotaru...and the twins and Ganryuu. As opposites, together they each complete each other. Very good insight of the creators to have made this episode this way. This series constantly surprises me at how deep it is with each and every detail.
With all the harshness against Half-Spirits, its always good to see the exact opposite of the girls to spiritually support them. Indeed, this anime surprises me as well with how good it can mix things, and how deep it can be.
Old 2010-11-25, 20:27   Link #307
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow. Never make an Elaphant angry. DX
For a moment there, I felt evil vibes from the Elephant spirit. It would be very harsh if he turned out to betray them...though I don't think that may be case.

I'm now curious who the higher ups of the Spirit Affairs are...can't possibly be (all) humans, can they?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-11-26, 15:33   Link #308
Joojoobees

I want to know why the elephant and fox spirits are withholding information from Zakuro. They obviously know exactly who the enemy is (elephant-spirit even mentioned the oracle village). They could at least give her the information to know who she is fighting.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:34   Link #309
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I want to know why the elephant and fox spirits are withholding information from Zakuro. They obviously know exactly who the enemy is (elephant-spirit even mentioned the oracle village). They could at least give her the information to know who she is fighting.
Well, you had a clear view what Zakuro was going through when she found out that her opponents were half-spirits, so that fact alone might be tough enough for her. But the whole truth about who she is fighting, that might not be wise.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:46   Link #310
LKK

I agree with Joojoobees. I think it's past time for them to tell Zakuro who is after her and why if they know the reason. Leaving Zakuro and her co-workers in the dark at this point is adding an unnecessary level to the danger they are facing.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 16:34   Link #311
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Well, if Zakuro knows about the enemy, she will also gain insight into who she really is. And it seems that her past is not meant to be revealed yet for some reason. If they are hiding it from Zakuro because they don't think she's mature enough to handle the truth, then I think they should believe in her strength more. Nevertheless, it does seem that the truth of her past may push Zakuro near the edge (she's really going to need Agemaki and the others to support her when the time comes, it seems).

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-11-26, 16:37   Link #312
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, if Zakuro knows about the enemy, she will also gain insight into who she really is. And it seems that her past is not meant to be revealed yet for some reason. If they are hiding it from Zakuro because they don't think she's mature enough to handle the truth, then I think they should believe in her strength more. Nevertheless, it does seem that the truth of her past may push Zakuro near the edge (she's really going to need Agemaki and the others to support her when the time comes, it seems).
That is what I was thinking, Zakuro in that encounter alone was nearly going to lose it till Agemaki comforted her. But then again, even if the information about the enemy is revealed, will it make any big difference? All it will do is leave Zakuro is a bad emotional state, there is no information on how to defeat the enemy that they may know. Only information that will inflict Zakuro with something horrible.

But then again, they will probably be surprised if Zakuro will actually be strong enough to fully accept her past, since Agemaki is emotionally supporting her from the branches. Maybe the fact alone that Agemaki is the key to helping Zakuro build up her strength will eventually get her to accept it.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:58   Link #313
Seihai
スマイリウム

Thinking about it, this would've been an anime I would've liked to watch 24~26 episodes from, because the execution is so good that the actual (so far straight and uncomplicated) content becomes less of a priority.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:49   Link #314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's always a chance they plan a two season project but it was only greenlit for an initial one season to see what the ratings and purchases were like. We'll know in a few weeks.
Old 2010-11-27, 03:53   Link #315
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's always a chance they plan a two season project but it was only greenlit for an initial one season to see what the ratings and purchases were like. We'll know in a few weeks.
I do hope they go with a season 2, this anime is just too interesting to go with only 1 season!
Old 2010-11-29, 13:26   Link #316
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for OYZ 09 - The Power of Love:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:28   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2010-11-29, 15:06   Link #318
kitten320

Spoiler for 9: