AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-04-22, 09:12   Link #81
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hokkaido
Age: 69
Who was the woman talking with Bacchus in the tunnel? It looked like Jeanne, but the conversation suggested she was a god or angel. Was Jeanne transformed into a heavenly being in season one, and I missed it? Last I recall she was carried off in Michael's arms.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 10:38   Link #82
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 34
She was Sofiel, the angle reporting to Gabriel at the very beginning of the same episode.

As far as I know from the Short Stories OVA, Jeanne is just a normal human right now, as the gods stopped giving her divine power (and she's worse in fighting than Kaisar now).
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 10:41   Link #83
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Interesting episode. While my depression has been setting in how this wont be about Favaro and Amira. I caught on once Nina mentioned her teacher taught her about bounty hunting. When you connected the find Barrucs, weird carriage and bounty hunting. I could paint the picture of one suspect . Then when they went on to call him irresponsible, that was the nail in the coffin. They didnt need to go as far and say it outright ^_^

Maybe a chance we might see Favaro again, but Amira I surely miss D: . I really wanted Amira and Favaro to bounty hunt together again :'(

Ah and Gabriel was the last of the Arch Angels left. I been wondering the name of the last one for a while now.

oh and Charioce, dont think I didnt see what you did there. You could match a Dragonkins strength. You're either dragonkin as well or something else supernatural. I wonder if that ring is cursed too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Who was the woman talking with Bacchus in the tunnel? It looked like Jeanne, but the conversation suggested she was a god or angel. Was Jeanne transformed into a heavenly being in season one, and I missed it? Last I recall she was carried off in Michael's arms.
That was the Angel Gabriel was talking to right at the beginning. Can assume she adopted a human form to blend in/infiltrate. Some weird reason is that they want that child too ?
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2017-04-23 at 14:58.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 13:41   Link #84
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'd hate for them to kill off Kaiser, yet, I also wouldn't be surprised.
I meant Azazel, not Kaisar. I'm fairly sure that Kaisar won't be killed, but Azazel is right on track toward some kind of tragic redemptive death... especially if someone figures out that he and Mugaro are (apparently) each other's weak points. I'm hoping it won't happen, because Azazel is a beautiful failboat and getting a "letdown" ending (wherein he doesn't get to be a tragic hero and die gloriously for someone he cares about) would be perfectly par for the course for him, but I'm worried. Azazel is a dick but he's a loveable fan-favorite dick, so killing him would be a great way to finish establishing Charioce as the main villain or whatever.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that Azazel is going to survive his upcoming battle, but I'm not so sure he'll survive the first cour... I'm really hoping he will, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
As for Charioce, while listings can be good, I'll wait until the show actually shows me he's a main character before I just assume he has that status.
He was very heavily featured in all promotion materials, more so than Kaisar or Azazel. But the show is 24 episodes long, it can take its sweet time with the plot and the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And you are right about the missing Charioces. We went from 13 to 17, which means we have three Charioces missing. Though ten years is not long enough for that many to have popped up and be actually older than the current king, who was already a young man when the end of season 1 happened. My guess is perhaps they suffered the fate of many medieval children and died at very young ages, perhaps even as babies. They would still be acknowledged by their name, which would have lead to current Charioce being the XVII.
It's possible, but that explanation isn't dramatic enough. I suspect there's something behind this, maybe connected to the graveyard Charioce was visiting in this episode.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2017-04-22 at 13:58.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 14:30   Link #85
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I meant Azazel, not Kaisar. I'm fairly sure that Kaisar won't be killed, but Azazel is right on track toward some kind of tragic redemptive death... especially if someone figures out that he and Mugaro are (apparently) each other's weak points. I'm hoping it won't happen, because Azazel is a beautiful failboat and getting a "letdown" ending (wherein he doesn't get to be a tragic hero and die gloriously for someone he cares about) would be perfectly par for the course for him, but I'm worried. Azazel is a dick but he's a loveable fan-favorite dick, so killing him would be a great way to finish establishing Charioce as the main villain or whatever.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that Azazel is going to survive his upcoming battle, but I'm not so sure he'll survive the first cour... I'm really hoping he will, though!
Ahh, well for Azazel, he'll definitely be okay. There are a ton more scenes in the PVs that he's in that have yet to be shown. I can see him dying to protect Mugaro. There is an awesome shot of Mugaro with wings and holding a pike like weapon in one of the PVs, though that could be from the "incident two years ago". But anyway I don't think he will be too happy with the king if he does something.

Quote:
He was very heavily featured in all promotion materials, more so than Kaisar or Azazel. But the show is 24 episodes long, it can take its sweet time with the plot and the characters.
Well Kaiser for sure has been relegated to supporting, the same with Favaro. I've seen about the same amount from both Charioce and Azazel, but that makes sense. Charioce is a main as in he's the main antagonist. So, yeah, you an consider him a main character in that way.

Quote:
It's possible, but that explanation isn't dramatic enough. I suspect there's something behind this, maybe connected to the graveyard Charioce was visiting in this episode.
Considering his outlook on things, I can see Charioce killing off his elder siblings. Like the royals of old Europe would take out their siblings in order to gain the throne.

Yet, that wouldn't make much sense naming wise since usually only the heir apparent would get that kind of passed on royal name. You wouldn't name all the kids Charioce. So, it would make more sense for them to have each died for the birth of the next.

Though, it could be that the name is inherited. So, that's possible too.

As for the grave, I'm thinking it might be that of his father or mother?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 14:58   Link #86
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Maybe Charioces XVII is the youngest of four siblings, all four of them took the regnal name "Charioces" when they ascended the throne and Charioces XIII-XVI all died during the war that enslaved the demons.

Or maybe the animators simply made a Roman numeral mistake.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 17:24   Link #87
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
It's not a mistake, the number is everywhere from the website to the script, so it's supposed to be 17th.

And Charioce XVII was already king before they conquered the demons. He became king not long after Bahamut was stopped at the end of last season. So whatever happened to the missing ones, it had already happened during the first season's timeline.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 18:17   Link #88
DemonneoPT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Portugal
I'm confused. Are the angels calling themselves as gods? I thought this show had actual gods like Zeus and stuff like that and i also had the idea they were way more powerful than angels. That's it, i'm going to watch season 1 again to refresh my memory

Nina really have such a nice design. One of the prettiest anime girls i have seen in awhile. It's refreshing seeing a 16yo character without the face of a 12yo one! And now i know where those funny expressions of her came from... FAVARO . It was also funny seeing Nina throwing the king into the ground in a casual arm wrestle while blindfolded in order to prevent her virgin soul from going berserk .

Azazel, please don't die...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 18:44   Link #89
998185
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Considering that he's arguably the most prominent figure in the OP, I doubt that Azazel dies this early in the series. I read that this is 24 episodes, so I'm not expecting a new OP until next cour, but if he does die this early, I'm waiting for a new OP before then.
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 12:26   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I'm confused. Are the angels calling themselves as gods? I thought this show had actual gods like Zeus and stuff like that and i also had the idea they were way more powerful than angels. That's it, i'm going to watch season 1 again to refresh my memory
I believe angels are considered gods too. Just low ranking ones save for the archangels of which only Gabriel remains. There are three races: gods, demons, and humans. Four if you count the dragons.

I'd like to see more high ranking gods. And I'd like to know who is currently calling the shots. We know Zeus used to be the leader, but we don't know who replaced him after he turned himself into the god key. Bahamut is mixing pretty much all mythology, so it could very well be Odin.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 12:37   Link #91
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Kaisar is the "father" of Rocky? Man, that sounded way too much like Kaisar and Rita had something going on. xD
Rag demon is so driven by revenge he jumps straight into a fully open trap, not smart, dude, not smart at all.
And Nina needs a boyfriend/husband/mate/etc pretty badly, her hormones are even going crazy when not looking at hot guys. Or perhaps it was only to that particular guy?
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 13:24   Link #92
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hokkaido
Age: 69
I'd be pretty worried that getting into bed with Nina could quickly have disastrous consequences.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 14:14   Link #93
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Kaisar is the "father" of Rocky? Man, that sounded way too much like Kaisar and Rita had something going on. xD
Rag demon is so driven by revenge he jumps straight into a fully open trap, not smart, dude, not smart at all.
And Nina needs a boyfriend/husband/mate/etc pretty badly, her hormones are even going crazy when not looking at hot guys. Or perhaps it was only to that particular guy?
Definitely not smart, but there are hundreds lives in stake so Azazel can't just do nothing revenge driven or not.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 15:10   Link #94
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Kaisar is the "father" of Rocky? Man, that sounded way too much like Kaisar and Rita had something going on. xD
Well. you remember what happened to Kaiser hand in the previous season ? thats pretty much your answer I didnt think to hard about Rocky until Rita mentioned Kasiers his father.

Someone mentioned above how Jeanne lost her divine protection. Even more so I wish she could of been the MC for this sequel/spin off. The settings/story is also set up where she can find redemption too. She played the part killing off the Arch Angels, lost her divine protection and she wasn't the hero to fight the dragon like she always wanted to be. For her, in all ended in despair. It would of been nice if fate had her play another part, like whats happening now. She always wanted to be the hero who defeated the dragon, but it turned out her true fate was fighting to save the balance between demons and angels (plus she owes Micheal as much). It would of been a struggle I think I'd enjoy watching Jeanne through. thats just my thoughts tho. Its already been realized its all about Azazel <.< I feel it would of been fine with Jeanne and Azazel working together, Jeanne as the tactician role, Azazel as the damage output.


I wouldnt put it pass Charioce killing his own siblings too, for the throne. He strikes me as one of those people.. Plus Kaisers getting pretty close to execution. Remember his father was executed for failing to protect a convoy ? Kaisers looking at the same fate very soon.
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2017-04-23 at 15:21.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 16:26   Link #95
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Someone mentioned above how Jeanne lost her divine protection. Even more so I wish she could of been the MC for this sequel/spin off. The settings/story is also set up where she can find redemption too. She played the part killing off the Arch Angels, lost her divine protection and she wasn't the hero to fight the dragon like she always wanted to be. For her, in all ended in despair. It would of been nice if fate had her play another part, like whats happening now. She always wanted to be the hero who defeated the dragon, but it turned out her true fate was fighting to save the balance between demons and angels (plus she owes Micheal as much). It would of been a struggle I think I'd enjoy watching Jeanne through. thats just my thoughts tho. Its already been realized its all about Azazel <.< I feel it would of been fine with Jeanne and Azazel working together, Jeanne as the tactician role, Azazel as the damage output.
Azazel would've never worked with Jeanne, though. For one she's human, two she has/used to have divine protection... three, she almost killed him twice. Azazel might be getting a bit better, but he's not quite where he would forgive all this. Also, I'm sure Jeanne really wouldn't approve of Azazel's methods.

In any case I think Jeanne will have her own storyline and time in the limelight, but again, the show is 24 episodes long. There's no reason for them to rush anywhere.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 23:43   Link #96
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Rag demon is so driven by revenge he jumps straight into a fully open trap, not smart, dude, not smart at all.

And Nina needs a boyfriend/husband/mate/etc pretty badly, her hormones are even going crazy when not looking at hot guys. Or perhaps it was only to that particular guy?
Not smart, but he has no choice. He knows he's injured and that it's an obvious trap and he knows he could die which was why he warned Mugaro to go with Rita if anything happened. However, he can't stand by while potentially hundreds of demons are just slaughtered in order to bring him out of hiding. And Charioce knows that.

It's not so much driven by revenge but by necessity. It's basically like the sheriff of Nottingham threatening to kill all of Robin Hood's captured men or even just a bunch of poor villagers to bring Robin out. It's not like Robin Hood could stand by and let him do it. Neither can Azazel.

As for Nina, if they are going for that "needs to find her one mate" sort of thing in order to fix her boy problem, and that mate happens to be Charioce? Unless Charioce is being completely controlled by a malevolent other force (which IS possible)
any sort of relationship they would have is doomed from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Azazel would've never worked with Jeanne, though. For one she's human, two she has/used to have divine protection... three, she almost killed him twice. Azazel might be getting a bit better, but he's not quite where he would forgive all this. Also, I'm sure Jeanne really wouldn't approve of Azazel's methods.

In any case I think Jeanne will have her own storyline and time in the limelight, but again, the show is 24 episodes long. There's no reason for them to rush anywhere.

I'm not so sure on that front. Kaiser brought up some sharp foreshadowing when he said that the gods and demons are going to get so fed up that they could potentially team up against humans. The gods and demons can work together if the situation is dire enough, such as they do when facing Bahamut. If Charioce keeps going the way he's going, he will push them together in an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of situation.

I could see Jeanne and Azazel working together in that capacity. And I don't even think Jeanne would really disapprove of Azazel's methods either. Perhaps his brutality, but she hasn't been one to shy away from using arms to defend others. That, is something she understands. I mean her patron was the archangel of war after all. I mean, I'm sure Azazel could try words, but like with Kaiser, that will get him nowhere, and especially him since no one would listen. He really has no choice by to fight back with lethality. Also, like he said, he's a demon so he wouldn't operate completely by human standards anyway.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 00:20   Link #97
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I believe angels are considered gods too. Just low ranking ones save for the archangels of which only Gabriel remains. There are three races: gods, demons, and humans. Four if you count the dragons.

I'd like to see more high ranking gods. And I'd like to know who is currently calling the shots. We know Zeus used to be the leader, but we don't know who replaced him after he turned himself into the god key. Bahamut is mixing pretty much all mythology, so it could very well be Odin.
Base on the original card game, the god race includes the pantheons of various mythos, the angels, various divine beast and creatures, as well as fairies and elemental spirits.

Demon race includes the typical demons, the fallen angels, spirits, and gods, the undeads, and the dragons as well.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 15:57   Link #98
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Ahh, I'm loving this show. Nina x Azazel are so damn cute!

I had originally decided to hold off watching this series until more episodes were out, but after breezing through the first 3 last week... it's possibly become my favourite new show of the season.

Some interesting reveals and foreshadowing this week too...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 16:29   Link #99
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
episode 4

Oh Azazel, there's really no barrier between your brain and your mouth, is there. Also your brain is like a twelve year old's.

Spoiler for episode 4:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 17:30   Link #100
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
A great episode. I fully support a future Nina x Azazel romance, the two are kind of cute together.

And Charioce is dead to me. The guy likes to look cool, but he's honestly just a bully and a coward. I can see more and more him using Nina during that one date scene we see them on in the PV. The guy's heart is just too cold.
I'm not feeling happy with Kaiser now really either. I know you're all about duty and all that, but considering all the things that he has to know Charioce is responsible for, I can't see how he could serve him.

Jeanne at least knows to back up her protests even if it means being jailed for years. Her duty means more to her than just serving the current ruler. She has to stand up for what she believes in, especially when her ruler has constantly promised to kill her only child. Kaiser made a promise to her back in that short, whatever happened to that?

Learning Mugaro is Jeanne's son was a surprise. I'm going to guess that it's through immaculate conception. Jeanne wasn't really considered a saint anymore in the short that was shown, but now she's given birth to the holy child so I think she probably has saint status forever at this point.

And poor Mugaro, he misses Azazel. He was forced to separate from his mom, who had to hid him as a slave to protect him, and now his second guardian has gone away too? Aww, i hope Azazel comes back soon. If the timeline is right, Mugaro is even younger than I thought. Probably about 9 or so.

I wonder why Jeanne didn't ask the angels to protect Mugaro, but perhaps they were unable to get in contact? Especially with Charioce and is current genocide plans threatening gods and demons alike.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.