AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-25, 23:28   Link #21
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
A kiss at that point in the series just seems like a huge death flag. I would be more worried for the characters than anything else.
I think this week has a huge death flag itself already though. An Atra seemingly with her luggage in the preview doesn't help at all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 23:45   Link #22
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
A kiss at that point in the series just seems like a huge death flag. I would be more worried for the characters than anything else.
A serious kiss in general is usually a bad sign in Gundam (at the very least it means at least something bad, not necessarily death, would happen).......

That being said, if Orga gets a kiss from a girl, his chances of dying will probably shoot up to 99% lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 04:20   Link #23
Thess

We don't know the circumstances of the kiss, or if that's not just a draft. I'll say a kiss at the middle of the show it's either a death flag or the sign of a sinking ship. If it was during the last episodes, it'll be ok, but romantic subplots aren't resolved so quickly. Remember Aiko and Miuna? It could be subversive storytelling, but the reason why midseason kisses happen is because they'll never have a chance to kiss in the finale (due to death or simply ship sinking: now or never reasoning).

I don't think Orga will die. If he does, it'll be in the last episodes. He's one of the few characters with room to grow with a steady character arc. He's just a teenage boy who has taken unto his shoulders the burden of leadership which, iirc from the producer interview, it's going to be fully explored.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 21:50   Link #24
Irenesharda

Well, I thought it best to post this here:

A major character death has been confirmed through Kadokawa‘s Monthly Gundam Ace magazine, as of today.

Spoiler for death info:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 00:38   Link #25
Kurohane

The new OP and ED lied to us!

Spoiler:
Old 2016-01-24, 05:43   Link #26
Gundamx

death
Images
spoiler
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 16:58   Link #27
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayFly View Post
Next eps summaries:

Spoiler for summaries:
I'm going to bring this over here just to be safe.

So, we now know that it will be two more episodes before this battle ends and Tekkadan seems to have sustained losses to the point that Orga has decided to call all his people home.

That's got to be really hard for Fuka and those who had enjoyed living Earth so much. However, if Takaki dies like we think he will, perhaps being in that apartment without him will only be that much harder for her.

However, I think this is a good decision as Tekkadan just doesn't have the man power to maintain both branches. Orga would either have to take another of his members under his wing for the express purpose of training him into being the leader of the Earth group, or he's going to have to wait until a natural leader that he can trust proves himself within Tekkadan's ranks.
But as of this point, it's better to cut losses and regroup.

But whatever happens in this new battle, it seems that the alliance between McGillis and Tekkadan isn't any worse for wear. I wonder if McGillis will begin to teach Orga about the finer points of how to engage in politics: both official and backroom? McGillis seems to be a master of both.
And I wonder what is the big thing they found?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-10, 18:18   Link #28
Shirke

While we obviously don't have everything, I'm wondering how could the ties between McGillis and Tekkadan strengthen, as the situation on Earth was bad enough it caused Tekkadan to pull out.

Based on episode 31, Galan was leading the Earth Tekkadan forces into battle with McGillis, so either McGillis manages to make everything clear, then the situation goes south and it's Tekkadan and McGillis fighting together against someone. Or somehow, as the situation goes south, McGillis manages to deceive Tekkadan after the battle to continue their relationship. Which doesn't seem as likely with the presence of some the experienced Tekkadan members on site at the battle.

The circumstances behind Gundam Vidar rolling out is interesting as well, maybe Vidar asks Rustal for permission to get McGillis personally as the war probably wasn't as damaging to McGillis as they had hoped since both sides accepted mediation.

The big object found in the mine is most likely the new Mobile Armor that's getting a HG, and since Orga is buddy-buddy with McGillis right now, he tells him it. But since McGillis is secretly visiting to see it, it must be of very high value or power. Possibly something that really made the Gundams unstoppable during the Calamity War.
Shirke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 18:40   Link #29
NBG

The episode title for 35 "Awakening Calamity" sounds epic. The summary has me interested. We'll finally get more info on the calamity war!! Hopefully. . .
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 19:38   Link #30
Irenesharda

What I'm thinking is that a theory that was proposed earlier was right in that McGillis and his group is how the Tekkadan boys get to Earth. Teiwaz has very little influence on Earth as was said last season, so the only friends in high places that Tekkadan has that could help them in this is McGillis' group, who ironically, was who helped them get to Earth the first time.

And if they entered through SAU space rather than Arbrau space, which the Outer Earth Force is already working with SAU having been called in by them to arbitrate, it would make sense.

McGillis probably went out there all of a sudden last episode after having put together some kind of plan with the Tekkadan team. The question now is, will the Tekkadan group be able to communicate with the Earth group before something goes wrong?
Remember that while McGillis is out there, he doesn't seem to be commanding anyone other than his own men, and SAU has their own teams that don't seem to be at all afraid at attacking. Also, Galan is around, so he could manipulate things in all sorts of ways, especially since he has his own team of men in there (all probably mercenaries) that are separate from both the ADF and Tekkadan.

As for the "big thing" they found, it could be the mobile armour, but they could have also found something else. (Was that even a mine...or a mech graveyard?) Perhaps something that sparked the Calamity War?

I'm assuming all these Gundams maybe went down in a battle on Mars against something huge, and that huge thing is what they found. I mean, what WAS it the Gundams were fighting? This sounds pretty foreboding. And I can see Rustal and his group coming after this thing. And with all the important players on Mars now, I can see that becoming the next battleground.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-10, 19:47   Link #31
Skaddix

I am surprised they used "King of Mars" already expected that to show up later.

Yeah I thought it be a Mobile Armor looks like it was something more then that perhaps some sort of superweapon.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 20:11   Link #32
Kurohane

A superweapon? That wouldn't be good, no matter who's hands its in.
Old 2016-11-10, 22:40   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hopefully, with that superweapon, we get a glimpse of the tech that is able to obliterate 70-90% of the moon, because that is arguably the most powerful destructive impact of a weapon shown in Gundam universe (Moonlight Butterfly notwithstanding) and there’s no way the current ships’ cannons and Gundams with their bludgeoning weapons were capable to do that. Unless they used a lot more destructive weapons during the Calamity War.
Old 2016-11-10, 23:19   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How exactly is 70-90% of the moon obliterated being described as? 'cause if it was "complete and total elimination of the satellite mass", then the Earth as it exists now would be completely uninhabitable due to the resulting collateral damage, never mind the affect it'd have on its gravity and such.

We've seen that the moon is still intact, though the surface looks rougher than before. Like Sydney, I suspect that the rough shape of the moon is another reference to a previous Gundam show, likely Gundam X's finale, due to how large of the explosion caused by the Gundam superweapons clashing so close to the moon's surface was.
Old 2016-11-11, 00:03   Link #35
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
How exactly is 70-90% of the moon obliterated being described as? 'cause if it was "complete and total elimination of the satellite mass", then the Earth as it exists now would be completely uninhabitable due to the resulting collateral damage, never mind the affect it'd have on its gravity and such.

We've seen that the moon is still intact, though the surface looks rougher than before. Like Sydney, I suspect that the rough shape of the moon is another reference to a previous Gundam show, likely Gundam X's finale, due to how large of the explosion caused by the Gundam superweapons clashing so close to the moon's surface was.
If I remember right, the moon is basically in a permanent half/crescent moon after what happened during the Calamity war. As to what could have caused that kind of damage and how did people survive, may be we'll get some backstory on the war?

I know the war got to the point that humanity was threatened which was why Gjallarhorn made such a push to end it, so could that be what they found in that mine? Whatever destroyed the moon to that degree?

If so, Tekkadan accidently became the first superpower of the solar system.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-11, 02:50   Link #36
tdx

From the spoilers we can see that McGillis and Orga are acting, it's also evident that Mika will get some action, but what about Kudelia? She had a long period of forced uselessness in season 1, and I hoped it would change in season 2 at least a little... but it looks like it's getting worse instead, because 4 eps in season 1, Kudelia already had her first moment of cool when she requested Tekkadan to concede to Crank's demand and hand her over, but we're 6 eps in season 2, and she has yet to have any.

Unless it was her who persuaded the SAU and Abrau to sit and negotiate, with her being the mediator? But then, it means that Tekkadan withdrew and left her behind on Earth, defenseless and without protection? I suppose McGillis and his faction of Gjallarhorn can guard her, but it will equal to McGillis openly taking sides which probably isn't the smartest move if he wants to keep up pretences (or rather, he has to keep them up or Rustal will get the chance to question his neutrality and accuse him of corruption and playing favorites).

Also, that episode title, "King of Mars"... Orga was the first to come to my mind, but no, no way, he has a long way to go before he can become that. Then Skaddix mentioned 'that Rich Dude', Nobliss Gordon, and it makes a lot more sense that he might be considered something of the king of Mars while Barriston is probably the king of Jupiter. The show's been reminding us of those two's existence pretty persistently, so it's not that far-fetched to expect to be shown Nobliss plotting something major on Mars in that episode, like Stage 2 of the Rebellion of the Oppressed, all for the sake of profiting from it, with complete disregard of the lives lost in the process.

The summary for episode 34 frankly leaves only questions and provides no answers. What could make the alliance between Macky and Tekkadan sturdier after the catastrophe on Earth? And just against what Vidar could go into action?

As to episode 35... well, when I first read the summary, I only thought that they've finally dug up that something that's bigger than a Mobile Suit mentioned a couple of episodes back, which likely makes it a Mobile Armor. I suppose a superweapon isn't completely unlikely either, but giving it to Tekkadan in addition to 3 Gundams might be overpowering them a little too much; plus, while digging up of some dark history sounds pretty damn exciting if you ask me, I don't want to get my hopes up and then get disappointed, so for now I will still believe it's just the Mobile Armor.

And then we have Macky secretly visiting Mars. But he does it in secret from whom? Just GH or maybe Orga, too?

As to Macky throwing in some diplomacy training for Orga, God knows Orga needs all the politics teachers he can get now that he's playing on the big stage, but it remains to be seen how receptive he can be of McGillis' advice considering that he doesn't trust McGillis and has a damn good reason for it. McGillis can start manipulating him any time if he's not careful or too trusting, which in the long run might be more dangerous than Orga's usual recklessness and disregard for less dangerous paths.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 05:46   Link #37
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
From the spoilers we can see that McGillis and Orga are acting, it's also evident that Mika will get some action, but what about Kudelia? She had a long period of forced uselessness in season 1, and I hoped it would change in season 2 at least a little... but it looks like it's getting worse instead, because 4 eps in season 1, Kudelia already had her first moment of cool when she requested Tekkadan to concede to Crank's demand and hand her over, but we're 6 eps in season 2, and she has yet to have any.

Unless it was her who persuaded the SAU and Abrau to sit and negotiate, with her being the mediator? But then, it means that Tekkadan withdrew and left her behind on Earth, defenseless and without protection? I suppose McGillis and his faction of Gjallarhorn can guard her, but it will equal to McGillis openly taking sides which probably isn't the smartest move if he wants to keep up pretences (or rather, he has to keep them up or Rustal will get the chance to question his neutrality and accuse him of corruption and playing favorites).

Also, that episode title, "King of Mars"... Orga was the first to come to my mind, but no, no way, he has a long way to go before he can become that. Then Skaddix mentioned 'that Rich Dude', Nobliss Gordon, and it makes a lot more sense that he might be considered something of the king of Mars while Barriston is probably the king of Jupiter. The show's been reminding us of those two's existence pretty persistently, so it's not that far-fetched to expect to be shown Nobliss plotting something major on Mars in that episode, like Stage 2 of the Rebellion of the Oppressed, all for the sake of profiting from it, with complete disregard of the lives lost in the process.

The summary for episode 34 frankly leaves only questions and provides no answers. What could make the alliance between Macky and Tekkadan sturdier after the catastrophe on Earth? And just against what Vidar could go into action?

As to episode 35... well, when I first read the summary, I only thought that they've finally dug up that something that's bigger than a Mobile Suit mentioned a couple of episodes back, which likely makes it a Mobile Armor. I suppose a superweapon isn't completely unlikely either, but giving it to Tekkadan in addition to 3 Gundams might be overpowering them a little too much; plus, while digging up of some dark history sounds pretty damn exciting if you ask me, I don't want to get my hopes up and then get disappointed, so for now I will still believe it's just the Mobile Armor.

And then we have Macky secretly visiting Mars. But he does it in secret from whom? Just GH or maybe Orga, too?

As to Macky throwing in some diplomacy training for Orga, God knows Orga needs all the politics teachers he can get now that he's playing on the big stage, but it remains to be seen how receptive he can be of McGillis' advice considering that he doesn't trust McGillis and has a damn good reason for it. McGillis can start manipulating him any time if he's not careful or too trusting, which in the long run might be more dangerous than Orga's usual recklessness and disregard for less dangerous paths.
Well, the thing is, that Macky and Orga have been over that bridge three times now. Orga questioned Macky the very first time they met and Macky actually answered very shrewdly: "What benefits do I get from putting you in a trap?...Even if I played tricks, you'd see right through it. "

Macky has never underestimated Tekkadan, he's actually cheered them on more than once.

And he's always been a results-oriented guy. Its all about benefits vs liabilities. For Carta and Galieo the benefits outweighted the liabilities and it was necessary for him to reach his next step in his plan. Taking out Tekkadan has no benefit toward his plan, and he knows that Orga and Mika are extremely shrewd, having commented on Mika's instinct more than once. It would make absolutely no sense for him to try to play them. They're not niave and dumb like Carta and Gaelio.They would both be able to see through a trick if he tried it. He's not THAT good. And having seen what Tekkadan can do, I highly doubt that he wants to be on their bad side, if just for the inconveninence of it all.

So, I doubt that Macky could trick Orga as easy as you suggest. Both he and Mika are excellent jusdges in character and haven't been wrong once so far. (I'm thinking they barely met Radice if that.) If they are getting closer to Macky then its possible that he's done something to earn that trust.

It makes sense, since this season, McGillis seems to have shifted from OYW Char to Quattro "Char", and Gaelio took up the position of vengeful Char. So we'll have to see, I'm honestly thinking McGillis is going to continue to be a straight ally for this season.

As for Kudelia, it really all depends on what is happening with Makanai. Did the guy make it? We don't know that. She might have decided to stay there and work in Makanai's stead until he gets up on his feet. McGillis' faction was already called in as mediators/arbitrators, so Kudelia doesn't have to do that. She went along with them for a reason (plotwise). If Tekkadan is going home in only an episode and a half or so, then I'm thinking she's going to stay for some plot reason.

McGillis sure makes those three week trips at the drop of a hat. But it would be nigh to impossible for him to sneak to the mine and investigate without Tekkadan figuring out what was going on. And also that would risk his relations with them to get caught going behind their back. It would be much easier to simply ask.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-11, 05:56   Link #38
Skaddix

Yeah I think Kudelia will be back in the game. She was riding the bench so to speak so far. But at least it showed she changed. Although she is suppose to be the Political One in the bench and yet she totally botched handling a malcontent who did help launch her career. Should have thrown Liberonis a bone. I assume she is going to take that niche since Naze mentioned Orga sucks at politics.

I seriously doubt Kudelia is staying on Earth. She probably will do something at the negotiations. Especially since Tekkadan is totally withdrawing from Earth. The Orga-McGillis alliance still seems to be going strong though which suggest McGillis didn't slaughter Tekkadan members. So be interesting to see who Mika and club are fighting.

Yeah Nobliss Gordon has popped up enough so you remember is his name. And he is from what we can tell the current "King of Mars" being the richest guy and having his hands in a lot of pies Although it could be prophetic in which case that be Orga since he could be well on his way to that. Especially if McGillis wins the Gjhallahorn Civil War. So its probably a double meaning. As I said Orga and Kudelia rulling Mars is a pretty likely ending for this series. Gordon is pretty old and doesn't seem to have a kid at this point. If he does though and its a daughter well I can totally see him using her to strength a connection to Tekkadan.

Yeah you think the alliance would be in trouble. I don't know maybe Vidar shows off. I assume against terrorist or pirates. Its not Tekkadan and Gjhallahorn still seems to be in the Proxy War stage. I think what Tekkadan digs up on Mars will break the fašade.

I think its clear its about what Tekkadan digs up. Macky seemed well researched on Calamity War and if I had to guess and this superweapon is a big deal as I think it will be. I would bet that information on it is restricted heavily in Gjhallahorn. It might be so classified that only the Leaders of each House in the Seven Stars can read it. So Macky has to go to confirm in person it is what he thinks it is.

I don't think McGillis is likely to turn on Tekkadan until the end. Again Kudelia is suppose to be the politics person so I assume she will be handling it.
Old 2016-11-11, 05:59   Link #39
Skaddix

I assume Macky has access to ships that can make it in faster then 3 weeks. After all Tekkadan is riding in a freight ship. I assume a Seven Star Family Head has access to a faster ship then an old freight ship. Granted he is sneaking in.

I am interested in if Mars is ever going to go full independent mode or not.
Old 2016-11-11, 07:31   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Rising Dragon: Well, I guess Irene has answered your question above .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I assume Macky has access to ships that can make it in faster then 3 weeks. After all Tekkadan is riding in a freight ship. I assume a Seven Star Family Head has access to a faster ship then an old freight ship. Granted he is sneaking in.
I think it really depends on the power and quality of the ship's thrusters, because there's no gravity, weight and friction in the vacuum of space. With equally-good thrusters, a basket can travel as fast as a jet .

Man, imagine if Gundam Stargazer with its Voiture Lumiere exists in IBO-verse (or maybe 00 Qan[T]’s Quantum Teleportation, but that’s probably pushing it ). That would make interplanetary travel a lot faster. Sadly, SEED anime never managed to reach the interplanetary aspect of its universe (only in the Astray manga). Ironically, one of the rare Gundams that have the VL system actually came from Mars and called Gundam Delta Astray which is also Mars' first Mobile Suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I am interested in if Mars is ever going to go full independent mode or not.
So far, Kudelia has "freed" one city/region (Chryse) which is a part of Arbrau. Freeing the entirety of Mars (especially those owned by other blocs) will be a tall order, especially if the other regions do not want it.