AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-20, 04:15   Link #1001
Skaddix

I spit up my soda when it was revealed that the grand plan was that.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 04:20   Link #1002
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I count it as intentional comedy (or is it dark comedy? satire?) within the show. That Liza reaction was priceless .
Old 2017-03-20, 04:25   Link #1003
Skaddix

And Bael doesn't even have a super ability. Granted being able to fly isn't a bad ability since Mechas in this series cant fly on Planets. But still its hardly game changing.
Old 2017-03-20, 04:32   Link #1004
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I found that refreshing, honestly. The space magic superpowers get old after a while. It's fun to see a Gundam whose power is political.
Old 2017-03-20, 04:44   Link #1005
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
And Bael doesn't even have a super ability. Granted being able to fly isn't a bad ability since Mechas in this series cant fly on Planets. But still its hardly game changing.
Bael is legendary and special because Agnika piloted it, not vice versa. Again, it's comparable to Amuro's Gundam RX-78-2 where it's not the best in the RX-series and the reaction is slow and can't keep up with Amuro's newtype-mode, but it's special because Amuro piloted it and it's the first Gundam that went into combat slaying Zeon suits left and right.
Old 2017-03-20, 04:58   Link #1006
Key Board
Carbon

you know.. just a thought but...

they haven't confirmed who hired hitmen to kill Lafter did they?

what if assassinations of Lafter and Orga were ordered by McGillis to steer Tekkadan?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 05:08   Link #1007
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
you know.. just a thought but...

they haven't confirmed who hired hitmen to kill Lafter did they?
No valid confirmation but it's 1000% obvious that it was Jasley's man who killed Lafter. Just like it's super-obvious that it was Gilbert's assassins who went after Lacus in SEED Destiny even without solid proof.
Old 2017-03-20, 07:15   Link #1008
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It looks like y'all hate this episode so much that you don't know what's consistent anymore .
I've been continuously making the point of hating not the episode - it was but a culmination of all that was already off - but finding the whole of the current, and last apparently, arc falling apart slowly but surely, yet you fail to take notice and just choose to chalk it up on just our personal feelings? Well, the previous weeks the feelings from Orga's death didn't even exist and weren't involved obviously, yet we already had these issues. So belittling us and giving us that patronizing treatment like we're hysterical little girls is not cool, sir, not cool at all.

No one has yet answered factually the legit questions that have nothing to do with anyone's feelings like why none of Tekkadan even asked about what McGillis' plan was and the others listed above. Why they're not answered? Because the show itself didn't provide the answers, it simply expects the viewer to not question these holes. Well, no can do because I happen not to be blind - or willing to turn the blind eye anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
To be fair to Kudelia, she found out after they went to Earth. She was disappointed that she wasn't consulted.
Well, if she loves Tekkadan that much, she could've, y'know, kept in touch? Asked them what they were up to? They're in a very amicable relationship, she was even invited to the insiders only counsel in episode 33, so it's not like she was entirely unaware, yeah? Surely it wouldn't have killed her to pry for details a little and they wouldn't have eaten her alive for that? But no, at plot demand she just removed herself completely from everything Tekkadan-related, even if it went against her entire previous character - and this is where my issue lies. It's nerfing, bad writing, dropped ball, plot contrivance - call it however you like, the fact of it happening won't change.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 08:00   Link #1009
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
No one has yet answered factually the legit questions that have nothing to do with anyone's feelings like why none of Tekkadan even asked about what McGillis' plan was and the others listed above. Why they're not answered? Because the show itself didn't provide the answers, it simply expects the viewer to not question these holes. Well, no can do because I happen not to be blind - or willing to turn the blind eye anymore.
I find Obelisks answer to be quite satisfying for the most part and I was wondering about it too. Like I said, narratively I'm in agreement that not showing more objections isn't really good, I rather we got to see the Tekkadan thought process then go with the "big surprise shock" moment of their bold plan, which given how the episode was edited, was more to shock the viewers

But again, it wouldn't have changed the outcome. They would have followed Orga regardless. Orga making the decision made perfect sense to me given the way he's character has been building since Episode 1 and the psychological trauma he has been lately. Which is that he can make bigger bets and still win, despite the losses. Tekkadan was mostly the type to follow.

Quote:
Well, if she loves Tekkadan that much, she could've, y'know, kept in touch? Asked them what they were up to? They're in a very amicable relationship, she was even invited to the insiders only counsel in episode 33, so it's not like she was entirely unaware, yeah? Surely it wouldn't have killed her to pry for details a little and they wouldn't have eaten her alive for that? But no, at plot demand she just removed herself completely from everything Tekkadan-related, even if it went against her entire previous character - and this is where my issue lies. It's nerfing, bad writing, dropped ball, plot contrivance - call it however you like, the fact of it happening won't change.
I could not disagree more with this. Tekkadan goes on missions like all the time, and that includes to other places. That means being gone for weeks at a time including travel time at a minimum given the info we have of travel time (Mars travel time was noted to be 15 days at one point in the show although physical that be longer or shorter due to orbital periods)

Kudelia runs a company, a small company but one nevertheless. Tekkadan goes on missions all the time this season towards all places in the Solar System and that includes making the trips to Jupiter for Teiwaz meetings or fight closer to there. Them disappearing for a bit is normal, not unusual.

Besides, Tekkadan didn't want to be contacted at this point, Kudelia made her disappointment/ clear about that. She expected them to come to her for this type of things in serious matters, and in the end they didn't.

I can see and agree with not actually seeing discussions and objections from the Tekkadan characters that are in the organization, but the people they actually don't want to know? I think that's an unreasonable expectation of Kudelia.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-03-20 at 08:19.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 08:27   Link #1010
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Do I smell a Teiwaz intervention? I mean, Makanai is at McMurdo's place.
Therefore, I am perfect.

"Instead of women far away I can't see, I prefer the tits in front of me." Norba Shino
The 48th Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 08:42   Link #1011
Irenesharda

Wow, gone for half a day and this whole thread exploded.

Though honestly it really sounds like you guys are just talking round and round in circles. I'm really more so indifferent and just sort of want to see how this all finishes.

Next week in the penultimate episode and will be entitled "McGillis Fareed". This is a huge death flag for McGillis. However, I feel that it's one that he saw coming. When he sees Tekkadan drive off and looks after them, his smile looked genuine, affectionate, and wistful. He basically wished them well and told them "Farewell". I don't think he means to survive long enough to see them again.

And yet I don't see him going to his death without having set something in motion that would mean that ultimately he would win.

I have a feeling that he and Gali will kill each other in this next fight. I've given up on Gaelio, his "this is all I live for" line basically sealed it for me that he will be completely useless outside of revenge. He's basically just Rustal's pawn and nothing else.

You know what would be really interesting. What if all the current Seven Stars heirs are killed in this battle. Who would be left?
Well, actually there will be one heir that everyone has forgotten about: Almiria. Almiria is innocent, but she was also the closest to McGillis and took to heart his words. As she grows up, could she be the instrument for change?

So how will the remaining two episodes play out? I think next one will be Macky and Gealio fight, but that also means that Rustal has finally made it on site. I have a feeling that this is where Mars Branch comes in. Rustal won't be expecting them. Also, I think they are the reason that Macky went out that day. Though what he did, I have no idea.

Last episode will be half fight and half epilogue, to whatever the future will be. I think Eugene will be a great leader, he's trained under Orga for so long that the student has surpassed the master.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 08:47   Link #1012
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I've been continuously making the point of hating not the episode - it was but a culmination of all that was already off - but finding the whole of the current, and last apparently, arc falling apart slowly but surely, yet you fail to take notice and just choose to chalk it up on just our personal feelings? Well, the previous weeks the feelings from Orga's death didn't even exist and weren't involved obviously, yet we already had these issues. So belittling us and giving us that patronizing treatment like we're hysterical little girls is not cool, sir, not cool at all.
Calm down, mate. Let's back off a bit and keep the heads cool. Okay? Now:

First: my line that you quoted was directed at everyone who claimed that Ride being a slow-dodger this episode was an inconsistency and a form of nerving. Well...it's false. It's wrong. It's not true at all. I already gave you the factual and logical answer in the part of my post that you didn't quote, so you can go back to that.

Second: Mika "failing" to finish female opponents and letting them go is not something new this season. he did it in S1 and he did it again in S2. Not really an inconsistency. Is it weird? Yeah. Is it a writing flaw? Could be.

Third: why keep comparing Orga's death with Kamina's? As far as I see it (because the show isn't over), Orga's death served a different main purpose compared to Kamina. In Kamina's case it was mainly to bolster the confidence of Simon so that he can take the mantle of the Dai Gurren leader. But I doubt, Orga's death was meant for the same thing. Yes, Orga wanted his group to keep moving forward like Kamina did, but I don't think his death was meant so that Mika can took his mantle and lead Tekkadan. Still, I can't really talk about the future that I don't even know. So I guess this topic is suspended at least until next episode or when this season is over.

Quote:
I already answered this question to Skaddix in previous page. Orga, Eugene, Chad, etc knew about McG's plan. But none of them knew about the "trump card". McG's boys just believed in it while Orga was merely concerned about it on-screen. That's partly my problem with Orga's rashness this season. Why he just agreed to go along with McG's plan with such vague promise of a "trump card" that will conquer most factions of Gjallarhorn due to a certain law/order? We can see that part of it was because Orga wasn't really good with politics (as Naze said) so he might as well just dismissed it as just another "political stuff". Another part of the reason is because it looks like McG's boys belief and reassurance that "It'll definitely work!" was able to make Orga not think too much about it and being swayed to a fake sense of comfort that the "trump card" will work well, which is a fatal mistake (again, no Biscuit to remind him). I think the fault was from both sides: Orga who wasn't pushing McG enough to spit it all out, and McG who's keeping the most important part of the plan a secret from his allies ignoring the second opinion that he could've got if he was just willing to share it with Tekkadan.
Old 2017-03-20, 11:12   Link #1013
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so who's gonna bet Mika's child will be named Ham? yes, he is the world's greatest father, do not question that........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 11:38   Link #1014
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know what would be really interesting. What if all the current Seven Stars heirs are killed in this battle. Who would be left?
Iok will survive, for the better or worse..
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 13:53   Link #1015
darkone45

Speaking about the last episode do we have a title for that yet ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 14:34   Link #1016
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Speaking about the last episode do we have a title for that yet ?
I would think it will be called " The Last Flag", but we'll see.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 14:58   Link #1017
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Wow, gone for half a day and this whole thread exploded.

Though honestly it really sounds like you guys are just talking round and round in circles. I'm really more so indifferent and just sort of want to see how this all finishes.

Next week in the penultimate episode and will be entitled "McGillis Fareed". This is a huge death flag for McGillis. However, I feel that it's one that he saw coming. When he sees Tekkadan drive off and looks after them, his smile looked genuine, affectionate, and wistful. He basically wished them well and told them "Farewell". I don't think he means to survive long enough to see them again.

And yet I don't see him going to his death without having set something in motion that would mean that ultimately he would win.

I have a feeling that he and Gali will kill each other in this next fight. I've given up on Gaelio, his "this is all I live for" line basically sealed it for me that he will be completely useless outside of revenge. He's basically just Rustal's pawn and nothing else.

Well, actually there will be one heir that everyone has forgotten about: Almiria. Almiria is innocent, but she was also the closest to McGillis and took to heart his words. As she grows up, could she be the instrument for change?

So how will the remaining two episodes play out? I think next one will be Macky and Gealio fight, but that also means that Rustal has finally made it on site. I have a feeling that this is where Mars Branch comes in. Rustal won't be expecting them. Also, I think they are the reason that Macky went out that day. Though what he did, I have no idea.

Last episode will be half fight and half epilogue, to whatever the future will be. I think Eugene will be a great leader, he's trained under Orga for so long that the student has surpassed the master.
I can see that they finally prove their ability to hold responsibility of leadership by themselves, Mika included. He is going to be sad that Orga has died, but he knows that it is no good joining him. If he dies, he see him again once his time has come, but so long as he and the rest of Tekkadan are still alive, they will do everything they can to avoid being put down like dogs and make sure at some of them can get to Earth with a new life ahead of them. If he survives, he still has Atra and a kid to take care of and Orga will be mad if the child doesn't get to see their father's face at least once.
Old 2017-03-20, 20:15   Link #1018
Knight_SV

somehow i agree with what skaddix points out...
it seems the writers throw too much plot armor on the antagonist side and it very worst.
well, a bad or entirely ambiguous ending were inevitable now. maybe gali, iok and julietta will probably dead in the final episode however rustal side still wins the war

i'm predicting somehow IBO will probably go to Zeta-esque ending route, eventhough all the antagonist were died(including rustal and mcgillis) and remaining members of tekkadan survived but status quo in the world remained and even worse because tekkadan technically didn't wins the war. just like how gryps conflict ended with Titans dissolved with scirocco's death but AEUG still lose the war.

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2017-03-20 at 22:33.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 00:00   Link #1019
Skaddix

Pretty much you cant shout Realism when at least one member per episode of Team Rustal has escaped death thanks to plot armor on average since Naze and Amida went down.

Iok especially has inherited the mantle of Patrick Colasour. All he needs is hotwife out of league and the journey will be complete.
Old 2017-03-21, 01:19   Link #1020
Dragon_Slayer_X

Patrick was at least a comic-relief character and a rather good pilot tbh, Iok is just retarded. Viewers can't help but be frustrated when he survives.

I have to say, for a Gundam series there hasn't been much good fights in season 2 since the one with the Mobile Armor other than Amida's fight. The usual Gundam suits beating the crap out of small fry is there but not any memorable ones.

The romance has been off-putting as well and there is not much character development for the other characters considering it's always boils down to what "Orga say". The series is inevitably going towards a Zeta or Victory type ending.

I am more interested in the Calamity war and 72 Gundams compared to this drama. I hope we get some side-story or another series regarding that.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote