AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2008-11-15, 23:47   Link #41
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
If this turns out to be a direct adaptation of the game I wonder if they'll also animate both DLC content episodes. Seems that both have new stories one letting you see from the enemies perspective and the other DLC episode being about edie Nelson.
At the very least, Edie has enough popularity to merit a decently sized role...the Edie Company DLC might be a good filler ep too :P
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 23:55   Link #42
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
uh...what? did we play the same VC?
I didn't say it wasn't good, just not really good except for maybe Alicia and a few others. Yes I know there were a lot of big names, but I still wasn't blown away by the acting. I actually prefer the English voice acting over the japanese. For whatever reason the Japanese voice acting just seemed to sound very flat to me. Maybe the voices just seemed to fit awkwardly with the visuals, I don't know. However I don't think the English is leaps and bounds better by any means.

Also I know I'll probably get a lot of heat for this but, honestly I've never really cared too much for Jun Fukuyama(Lelouch). I know, shocking!
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 00:23   Link #43
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Not really that shocking o_O He's not exactly the greatest male vocal talent out there... this jap dub/eng dub stuff aside, anyone have more background details regarding the plot of this series and/or maybe some pretty pictures to show those of us that don't play games? o=

I know I'm changing the "topic" (as has been discussed nearly this whole thread) however albeit we may like/dislike English vocals, this holds no real relevancy to the actual topic which is of an animation produced in Japan cast by Japanese voice actors.
Old 2008-11-16, 00:41   Link #44
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
anyone have more background details regarding the plot of this series and/or maybe some pretty pictures to show those of us that don't play games? o=
Well if you mean plot of the anime series one can only assume it'll be like the game, however there has been no word yet on what exactly the plot will be for the anime series.
Old 2008-11-16, 00:53   Link #45
ZODDGUTS

Pretty good trailer telling about the conflict of the war.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42356.html

Also trailers for character profiles can be seen here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5515.html
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:06   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Actually in the guidebook, the creators were inspired by World War II.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 19:23   Link #47
kujoe
from head to heel

I would like to see Vyse and Aika in this. Or maybe even also the Fina lookalike as the Medic. That would be sweet.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 22:42   Link #48
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well if you mean plot of the anime series one can only assume it'll be like the game, however there has been no word yet on what exactly the plot will be for the anime series.
Yeah, cept I've not played the game so would be completely clueless
Old 2008-11-16, 22:49   Link #49
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
Yeah, cept I've not played the game so would be completely clueless
Well you can just go to the main website for a basic summary of the plot and characters.
Old 2008-11-16, 23:40   Link #50
u43368
Disabled By Request

I just beat it now, I think an anime is especially fitting for this game. I'd really like more VC goodness since it's quite short, though I kinda wish they would focus on the Federation vs. Empire war instead of retelling the game.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 23:49   Link #51
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm not a fan of tactics games, but i'll give the show a chance because i like the art direction.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 00:48   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Since I had nothing to do, I had a VC fanfic subcategory in Fanfiction.net.

Just for those who like to do some VC fanfic stories.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 14:38   Link #53
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I just heard about this and I am PUMPED.

I bought VC last weekend and played it every night over the last week. Made it to Chapter 10, Part II. Won't be able to play it again until the semester is over and I head home to the PS3 (I refuse to bring it to college; expensive stuff like that has a habit of walking away on its own).

An anime of this would be so awesome. I'm kinda interested in the Japanese VAs because thanks to my friends whenever I'm given an option I always choose the Japanese voices with English subs, but too late did I hear that the English dub is apparently better. Way too late now. No way am I starting over again. I don't know VA names like some anime fans, but I've watched way more than enough anime to be able to pick out some familiar voices amongst the cast as I play. Sound find to me.

Actually, if you beat the game and restart, as I intend to do, can you change the voices or do you have to keep on with the Japanese voices? I mean like beat the game and restart as you can to get the new special recruits and play skirmishes in Hard Mode, etc. Not a totally new game.

I hope some of my favorite characters make it into the anime, at least in part. Freesia York is by far my favorite minor character. I use her all the time as my extra Scout in missions and just equipped her with the Gallian-1R when I received it.

Cannot wait for this anime! The game is absolutely great. I got up last night just to play one last skirmish before I drove back to college today.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:27   Link #54
Chrono Helix

You can change the voices any time you want, just go to options.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 08:56   Link #55
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
You can change the voices any time you want, just go to options.
I don't think you can. Once you select the voices for a game, you cannot change them. If you go to Options, the Voice option is not an option. It just shows which voice you've selected and the other one (English or Japanese) doesn't appear at all.

You can only change voices when you start a new game.

EDIT: Does anyone else notice a similarity between Captain Varrot and Colonel Mannequin from Gundam 00? That's one of the first things I thought when Captain Varrot was introduced in VC.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2008-12-02 at 19:52.
Old 2008-12-03, 08:21   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I don't think you can. Once you select the voices for a game, you cannot change them. If you go to Options, the Voice option is not an option. It just shows which voice you've selected and the other one (English or Japanese) doesn't appear at all.

You can only change voices when you start a new game.
No not true at all, I played the first four hours of this with Japanese dialogue and than switched it to English for a few hours to compare.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:42   Link #57
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No not true at all, I played the first four hours of this with Japanese dialogue and than switched it to English for a few hours to compare.
That's weird, then, because I'm pretty sure I'm locked into the Japanese voices. When I checked options it showed "Japanese" highlighted, but "English" didn't even appear next to it at all. Oh well. I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to check.

Old 2008-12-03, 11:28   Link #58
Marty87

Send a message via MSN to Marty87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That's weird, then, because I'm pretty sure I'm locked into the Japanese voices. When I checked options it showed "Japanese" highlighted, but "English" didn't even appear next to it at all. Oh well. I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to check.
the selection of language is available only in the options menu from the title screen, once you get in the game you must head back to the title screen in order to change the language.
Old 2008-12-03, 15:34   Link #59
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty87 View Post
the selection of language is available only in the options menu from the title screen, once you get in the game you must head back to the title screen in order to change the language.
Ah, grazie. I have only checked in-game and didn't think to try at the Title Menu.

I'll try that when I get home.

Old 2008-12-06, 03:55   Link #60
sb075

New Type info

Director: Yamamoto Yasutaka
Series Composition: Yokote Michiko
Character Design: Watanabe Atsuko

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?i...r864678uq7.jpg

Last edited by sb075; 2008-12-06 at 06:43. Reason: added the scan
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote