AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-20, 07:08   Link #41
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Sorry, I forgot to check.
At very least it's bigger.
True, you image is easir to 'read'(but there is someone here reading? ).

Quote:
Actually, when anime was first broadcasted, Volume 7 of the novels already published for about a year.
You see, Sakanaka only show up in Volume 8 (her, not her name). What coincidence huh?

Quote:
But I think the character designs were done by KyoAni staff.
The source of this pic is Suzumiya Haruhi Official Fanbook ~ Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki, the translated version was done by Chux
Here's the raw page and alternate fan-made version.

Spoiler for size:
Spoiler for size:
That alternate version is interesting. They all have appeared at last once in the old episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'm just stating that the names, including Sakanaka's, were already present within the series. As Tanigawa doesn't seem to like randomly throwing out names, it's entirely possible he had intended on using at least one of the students mentioned, and might have already worked out a basic personality for each of them.
You know, I can remember only two characters that were hinted to existe before their first apparition. But both didn't have their name given until we see then.

I undeerstand what you say, and givem how Kyoani have worked with Tanigawa (asking him for the script of any anime-only scene), I believe he was the on who did it. Even then, I think it is probable he only did it for the anime (cause they need concistent background characters) and decided to use it in the novels.

Quote:
Kinda related to this thread...
Spoiler for female students in class 1-5:
Source: Comp H's Vol.2
Nice post! There is any translation?

Btw, never had noticied Sakanaka was looking worried to Haruhi in the first episode.Kinda fiting with the 'wants to be friend with Haruhi'.

However, there is a small inconcistence there too. The other class rep (along with Ryouko) is said to be Goto. However, in a screenshot on that last image, the one standing at Ryouko side, when it seen she is talking to the class, is Sakaki.
Old 2009-09-20, 07:21   Link #42
Tornadium

Quote:
This is actually old, but oh well.

Spoiler for the relationship chart of student in class 1-5:
Where did this come from?

I must have missed it.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:03   Link #43
Heatth

So, I just noticied there is a guy called Arakawa in the class. He is in the left-botton corner and his family runs a Dojo.

His name is not writen in the same way as Arakawa-san. But is a funny coincidence(?).
Old 2009-09-20, 09:07   Link #44
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
So, I just noticied there is a guy called Arakawa in the class. He is in the left-botton corner and his family runs a Dojo.

His name is not writen in the same way as Arakawa-san. But is a funny coincidence(?).
Oh wow i never noticed that.

Heh, Maybe it's ment to be a reference?
Old 2009-09-20, 09:09   Link #45
freakonboard

Quote:
You see, Sakanaka only show up in Volume 8 (her, not her name). What coincidence huh?
Just to add, Wandering Shadow was first published in The Sneaker April 2006 Issue. (the same month that the anime was first aired.)

Quote:
Nice post! There is any translation?
None that I'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Where did this come from?

I must have missed it.
http://lolipuni.com/
Ctrl+F to find "1年5組"

Basically it was based on the info on Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki.

Speaking of Sasaki, man, he's got his own harem.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:15   Link #46
Heatth

Quote:
Just to add, Wandering Shadow was first published in The Sneaker April 2006 Issue. (the same month that the anime was first aired.)
Good point, didn't know that.

Quote:
You mean Sakaki right? Lucky guy, anyway. Aparently, it is because his 'beautiful voice'. He being the most good looking guy there probably helps.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:20   Link #47
Tornadium

Quote:

http://lolipuni.com/
Ctrl+F to find "1年5組"

Basically it was based on the info on Suzumiya Haruhi no Koushiki.

Thanks!

I'll have a look see.

Quote:

You mean Sakaki right? Lucky guy, anyway. Aparently, it is because his 'beautiful voice'. He being the most good looking guy there probably helps.
Heh. I wish we knew more about Haruhi and Kyon's classmates. Would be pretty interesting.

I wonder what the other girls think about Haruhi liking Kyon compared to anyone else.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:32   Link #48
freakonboard

Quote:
Yep, that's a typo.
You can psychoanalyze me that in fact I like another (female) character much more than him, and I won't deny.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:02   Link #49
TakariCritic

Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:14   Link #50
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Speaking of classmates, anyone remember Koizumi telling Kyon of the member in his class in the Organization? I'm having difficulty finding it.
He said that a number of espers are in the school. I can't recall him giving any names though.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:16   Link #51
Heatth

Quote:
A few guess:

Arakawa- He is actually Arakawa son, but his father change his namewhen dealing with Haruhi,so she wouldn't notice (this is a baseless speculation, btw). Plus, he used to study with Haruhi in middle school

Amane- He was stalking Ryouko. Maybe by the Organization orders.

Naruzaki, Naoki or Saeki- Friends of Sakanaka, who wants to befriend Haruhi. Sakanaka herself is not likely, as the organization as a whole don'ttry to becometoo close of her.

Goto or Takato- No reason, but in the first episode it is shown they (and Arakawa) were in the same middle school as Haruhi.

Taniguchi- 4 years in the same class as Haruhi might be not a coincidence. He is a very good actor then.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:16   Link #52
OkamiNoKaze

Spoiler for Heard it somewhere on here I think:
Old 2009-09-20, 10:19   Link #53
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Spoiler for Heard it somewhere on here I think:
I don't remember hearing anything about that in any of the books.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:23   Link #54
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Well, there's...

Spoiler:

He never states, specifically, that there's a member in Kyon's class. Kyon suggests Taniguichi, a possibility that Koizumi brushes aside without ever really answering. It could be assumed that there's at least one agent in 1-5, though, to keep an eye on Haruhi during the day (since Koizumi is in another class).

And just to reiterate from another thread -- "Organization agent" does not necessarily mean "Organization esper". They can and do have agents that don't have esper powers. Koizumi is probably the Organization's first and only esper at North High.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:31   Link #55
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
*snip*
Where did you hear this from?

Quote:
He said that a number of espers are in the school. I can't recall him giving any names though.
Could you provide the actual quote? Because I don't think he said there were other Espers, but other members of the organization.

And it's highly unlikely that every member of the organization is an Esper.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:34   Link #56
TakariCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post

He never states, specifically, that there's a member in Kyon's class. Kyon suggests Taniguichi, a possibility that Koizumi brushes aside without ever really answering. It could be assumed that there's at least one agent in 1-5, though, to keep an eye on Haruhi during the day (since Koizumi is in another class).

I remember reading that there was an agent in class 1-5, and Koizumi stated that the agent was actually a fan of Kyon's. I'm having a hard time finding that quote though.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:39   Link #57
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Where did you hear this from?
I just made up. Of course. As I said, just a few guess. I think in who could be, based in what we know about their characters. It is pretty hard to say, as we don't know much of then. My favorite guess is Arakawa, for now, just because his name (and becauser he might be badass, since his family has a dojo).

Actually, the most likely to be, given the currents informations, is Taniguchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
And it's highly unlikely that every member of the organization is an Esper.
Actually, given there is no much more then 10 ESPers, it is really improbable the organization has only then as members.

PP:
Quote:
I remember reading that there was an agent in class 1-5, and Koizumi stated that the agent was actually a fan of Kyon's. I'm having a hard time finding that quote though.
A fan of Kyon? A girl maybe? How about Yanagimoto? Maybe she dislike Haruhi because he likes Kyon.

A don't remember ever reading this, tough. But I miss many things while reading books in english.
Old 2009-09-20, 15:54   Link #58
Tornadium

Quote:

And just to reiterate from another thread -- "Organization agent" does not necessarily mean "Organization esper". They can and do have agents that don't have esper powers. Koizumi is probably the Organization's first and only esper at North High.
Well i was just assuming that those placed there would be Espers because Koizumi is. I'll conceed that we can't know if they are or not.

Is there any information in the novels regarding membership in the organisation?
Old 2009-09-20, 17:17   Link #59
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Is there any information in the novels regarding membership in the organisation?
Off the top of my head... not much.

Spoiler for Volume 1:

Spoiler for Volume 8:

Although Koizumi mentions a "number" of Organization agents, we really only learn the identity of one for sure, and he's more of a mercenary than a "true believer". I think we can safely assume that he, at least, isn't an esper.

Speaking of said person:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-20, 17:23   Link #60
Tornadium

Quote:
Off the top of my head... not much.

Spoiler for Volume 1:

Spoiler for Volume 8:

Although Koizumi mentions a "number" of Organization agents, we really only learn the identity of one for sure, and he's more of a mercenary than a "true believer". I think we can safely assume that he, at least, isn't an esper.

Speaking of said person:

Spoiler:
Heh, Fair enough.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters