AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 16:08   Link #1241
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

According to Ayumu it was supposed to be something like another "honey moon" and that his brother tagged along with them. I don't think he ever really explained why he didn't go with them.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 17:08   Link #1242
sasuke706

From chapter 1, part 3:
Quote:
Under the pretext of going on a honeymoon, my parents had been gone for around five years.

I could easily imagine how many laps they had already made around the world. My little brother had happily gone with them, but I was left here in Tokyo. After all, if I went with them I would have to be on a schedule that would be tougher than being on a tuna fishing boat.
He seems to brush it off as not interested and too much work.

Can't tell you how big his house is, but it has 3 bedrooms and a study, so it seems sizable.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:53   Link #1243
darkofficer
just a devil

i wonder one thing from volume 8

why did sera went on that picture with ayume ??
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:04   Link #1244
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
i wonder one thing from volume 8

why did sera went on that picture with ayume ??
We should find out soon. KiRa is doing chapter summaries of vol 8. Also, She took the picture with Ayumu in vol 8? what Chapter was that?
Old 2012-07-09, 15:05   Link #1245
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Volume 1 is done. I finished it in like 2 days flat -____-. I'm going to go sleep now. Even though it's in the middle of the damn day. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All my translations are now on hiatus until the end of July so I can deal with some real-life stuff that's cropped up.

PS: The commentary translation right now is a bit shoddy since I sped through it as it was so friggin boring. But I'll fix it up later.

EDIT: Commentary has been cleaned up a bit.

Last edited by NanoDesu; 2012-07-09 at 16:46.
NanoDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:41   Link #1246
sky black swordman

^ Thank you for all of your hard work.
I will read the rest now.
Old 2012-07-09, 18:03   Link #1247
Athena
The Power of One

We bow to NanoDesu. *bowbowbowbowbowbowbowbowbow*
Old 2012-07-09, 18:37   Link #1248
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

I wonder who thought it was a good idea to make the last chapter basically a 60 page battle sequence...
Old 2012-07-10, 00:02   Link #1249
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
I wonder who thought it was a good idea to make the last chapter basically a 60 page battle sequence...
what did you expect? It was the climax of the volume. And good work. As Ash Ketchem would say "you deserve a good rest!"
Old 2012-07-10, 03:39   Link #1250
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
what did you expect? It was the climax of the volume. And good work. As Ash Ketchem would say "you deserve a good rest!"
Does he still say that I tought he stopped?
Aren't the last chapter of some LN's short because the are epilogue. I guess this did not get the memo.
Old 2012-07-10, 13:26   Link #1251
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Does he still say that I tought he stopped?
Aren't the last chapter of some LN's short because the are epilogue. I guess this did not get the memo.
The last chapter of Zombie was approximately the same length as the others.

In contrast, the last chapter of Oreimo for all three volumes so far have been something like 100+ page monstrosities.
Old 2012-07-10, 18:05   Link #1252
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
In contrast, the last chapter of Oreimo for all three volumes so far have been something like 100+ page monstrosities.
Ouch, must be tough since there's also a high demand for Oreimo novel translations, well thanks for taking your time to translate this pretty obscure novel series for us; I really appreciate it since it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing it lol.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:26   Link #1253
sky black swordman

Quote:
The last chapter of Zombie was approximately the same length as the others.

Wow and you also do the translations for that series too.
You are amazing and once again thanks for that you do.
Old 2012-07-10, 20:00   Link #1254
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Ouch, must be tough since there's also a high demand for Oreimo novel translations, well thanks for taking your time to translate this pretty obscure novel series for us; I really appreciate it since it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing it lol.
Hm, is it that obscure? From what I've seen it seems to be pretty popular in Japan and Asia. I think there might be a Chinese fan translation of it out already?

Though, true, it's not so popular over here in the West. Granted, what counts as "mainstream" here tends to be... meh. I blame Naruto. Or My Little Pony. Whichever one is more annoying.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:00   Link #1255
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This just a reminder that the topic of this thread is about the light novel of Kore wa Zombie Desuka? and not about whining about how "bad" dubs, visual novels, and light novels translations are.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 18:41   Link #1256
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

So just curious, how do people think the Korezon LN compares to the anime?
Old 2012-07-14, 20:41   Link #1257
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
This just a reminder that the topic of this thread is about the light novel of Kore wa Zombie Desuka? and not about whining about how "bad" dubs, visual novels, and light novels translations are.
I thought we were talking about why Kore wa Zombie wouldn't sell well in the LN market?
Quote:
So just curious, how do people think the Korezon LN compares to the anime?
1st season was to my taste. I mean, I really enjoyed. But somehow, even though the second season was fun, it doesn't look well when compared to the light novels. I somehow get the impression that since the 1st season was a success, they thrower the plot for comedy.
Old 2012-07-14, 20:50   Link #1258
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post

1st season was to my taste. I mean, I really enjoyed. But somehow, even though the second season was fun, it doesn't look well when compared to the light novels. I somehow get the impression that since the 1st season was a success, they thrower the plot for comedy.
Pretty much this.

I've read through Volume 01, and re-watched the first 5 or so episodes of season 1, and DEEN did a functionally good job. The changes made don't really affect anything major so it's a wash. I will mention they seem to of made Sera more abrasive in the anime than the LN.

I am excited to read more though since I think the LN will be better overall. Thanks for the hard work to the people made Volume 1 happen!
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:12   Link #1259
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
I thought we were talking about why Kore wa Zombie wouldn't sell well in the LN market?
It definitely started off that way, but admittedly was getting a bit off track. Granted, I think it would have been more apropos to give the thread a firm nudge back in the right direction instead of just deleting everything, since there was still quite a bit relevant Korezon discussion in there, but whatever.

Quote:
I've heard similar things about the second season, and I assume the LNs that correspond to the second season are more plot-heavy than the anime would be. From what I saw, I thought Deen did a pretty good job with the season 1 anime (I don't watch past the point I translate to avoid spoilers). This is made all the more impressive considering Deen doesn't have a great track record when it comes to adaptations. And while I think the novel does emotional development better, I do think the anime is paced a bit better, since some of the battle scenes in the LN did drag a bit for me (I'm hoping the action actually gets a bit less focus in future volumes and the character development gets more focus).

The characters definitely grew on me by the end though. Considering I almost never ever read or watch anything that is superpower-ey, that was pretty unexpected for me.

Also, at least one of my friends is seriously bummed that Ayumu doesn't breakdance in the LNs.
Old 2012-07-14, 21:46   Link #1260
sky black swordman

Quote:
also, at least one of my friends is seriously bummed that ayumu doesn't breakdance in the lns.
What! He doesn't ?

Tags
ayumu`s ass, gender bender, harem, occult, romance, shounen, zombie