AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 21:55   Link #4721
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post

This manga should just end already. It's title is "Good Ending" after all.
Quite ironic since it was far from "Good" and it didn't "End" after a long streak of shitty chapters.

ok ok, to be fair, the first...50 or so chapters were pretty decent but it went downhill after a while
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:04   Link #4722
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just notice the new tag, "kento boss". Made me laugh a bit and made me think about what this series went wrong.

I would of like for SK to point further into Utsumi photography hobby and made it a passion, just like Manaka from Ichigo 100% was. Film production was a strong emphasis for Manaka back in volume 1 and it strongly influences the story throughout.

Not exactly missing the harem in Ichigo, but more of a passionate protagonist, who has a goal, other than girls.
Old 2012-12-09, 22:15   Link #4723
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The problem with the manga is that it had too much of what made it good in the first place, drama. There wasn't much of a break between arcs, usually there is at least some chapters of just non plot to give reader a breather of the action.

As the saying goes "one would want a slice of a cake, not the entire thing", here we have an entire cake of drama stuff into the reader's throat.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:21   Link #4724
Insane
Banned

It's a very classic case in manga industry. Manga authors often make a living off their manga series, so it's good news for them if their manga is allowed to be extended to obscene lengths even if the story quality declines very badly. Well, people need to eat, so they may have to compromise their creative vision in order to put food on the table. Life sucks like that.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:53   Link #4725
Diveman

The manga also gives people the wrong idea. Let's assume the Kento x Shou thing is real, and think about what Kento and Utsumi have been doing during the story:

Spoiler for Utsumi:

and now

Spoiler for Kento:

Ok, now let's see what they got in reward for their behavior:

Spoiler for Utsumi got...:

Now, our other participant

Spoiler for Kento got...:

So bottom line, the REAL moral of this story: Just don't chase women like an idiot. Being all feelings and doing things for them won't get you shit. Just be a jerk, get tons of women, then apologise and get the one you want. Women love jerks.

Kento should be the main character for SK's next manga.
Old 2012-12-09, 23:10   Link #4726
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
The manga also gives people the wrong idea. Let's assume the Kento x Shou thing is real, and think about what Kento and Utsumi have been doing during the story:

Spoiler for Utsumi:

and now

Spoiler for Kento:

Ok, now let's see what they got in reward for their behavior:

Spoiler for Utsumi got...:

Now, our other participant

Spoiler for Kento got...:

So bottom line, the REAL moral of this story: Just don't chase women like an idiot. Being all feelings and doing things for them won't get you shit. Just be a jerk, get tons of women, then apologise and get the one you want. Women love jerks.

Kento should be the main character for SK's next manga.
Well, I will admit that everything you just said is true. I think the author is going for is that the "good boy will win at the end." These types of protagonists still exist in the Romance genre, but unlike other Romance protagonists, they at least they develop their character a lot. Utsumi still remained a innocent good boy, one would think he would develop fighting skills after experiencing it earlier on by Kento.

Seriously, I am still piss off he didn't at least put up a fight against Tooru. Boy does not learn.

This is why protagonists like Utsumi are going extinct and replace by other protagonist who actually develop both character and fighting skills.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:51   Link #4727
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
so is it general opinion even in japan that GE wasn't that good?
Its not that popular but it isnt like the worst selling manga out there either.

You have to realize that GE is on magazine that isnt fast on cutting stuff.It is not on shounene jump otherwsie GE would have ended long, long, looong time ago. Themagazine allows to run series even if they are not particulallry great at seelings but as long as they can stay afloat it is fine.

GE isnt able to even stay afloat. It had too much drama, main heroine development just made her look more and more annying, while main herosdevelopment while visible doesnt seem to have too much of impact and sometimes had the tendency to loop itself.

There are worser series than GE, but GE isnt a very good series either. If mangaka cuts the ridiculious ammount of drama without breaks she will make better manga.

Or she could just switch to shojo. GE is closer to shojo in many aspects than to shounen.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 05:13   Link #4728
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
It's strange ideed. It has been down for 1 1/2 - two day, I think. Coincidentally it was shortly after the spoilers about GE were released *lol* .

As for GE:
Spoiler for 154:
Spoiler for Shou&:

Quote:
Quite ironic since it was far from "Good" and it didn't "End" after a long streak of shitty chapters.

ok ok, to be fair, the first...50 or so chapters were pretty decent but it went downhill after a while
The first 69 chapters were like a masterpiece...

All the rest were just garbage, aside from the very first chapters after 69's (up to around 80th) and chapter 93.

Speaking about the story "after", Utsumi wasn't too different from Kento: he just used Shou... and then he throw her away...
And I really HATE this.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:16   Link #4729
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Themagazine allows to run series even if they are not particulallry great at seelings but as long as they can stay afloat it is fine.
Magazine doesn't run seedings like Jump period

Magazine #49 (07/11):
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Cover)
Rakugomon。(Lead Color Page, New Series, 59 pg.)
Fairy Tail
GE - Good Ending

Like GE would rank second lol... or even beat Fairy Tail like it "did" a few weeks later.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 09:31   Link #4730
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
Spoiler for Shou&:

The first 69 chapters were like a masterpiece...

All the rest were just garbage, aside from the very first chapters after 69's (up to around 80th) and chapter 93.

Speaking about the story "after", Utsumi wasn't too different from Kento: he just used Shou... and then he throw her away...
And I really HATE this.
Come one. Unlike Kento, Utsumi was not sleeping around with different girls and he really tried to move on with Shou, but it just was not meant to be. He tried and failed. What I can say is that Utsumi clearly should have waited till he got over Yuki before going in a knew realtionship. But that fool was not strong enough and peffered wound-icking. Utsumi is a weakly whiny emo pussy, but not someone like Kento who deliberately uses poeple and throws them away after that.

And it's not like that Shou didn't knew the truth. A big part of her "suffering" as her own fault. She played along and was the whole time deluding herself that eveything is OK, she did the same with Kento too. Reality denial and being dumb was always a big part of her personality. And f you lock now, she still has not learned anything and goes back to her ex that just used her for sex and as housemaid while cheating on her with other girls.
I have read a couple of years ago an article that was saying that 40% of women go back to the guy that treatet them badly( beating, cheating, etc...) and Shou fits perfectly in that catogory of women.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 09:58   Link #4731
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Utsumi is a weakly whiny emo pussy, but not someone like Kento who deliberately uses poeple and throws them away after that.
And still in the end, he got the girl he wanted. So why even bother being nice? lol
Old 2012-12-11, 11:18   Link #4732
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The thing people have to remember about ShoRom protagonists, is that they are pretty much obsessed with the main girl to the point of it being unhealthy. They will willingly take a girl who treats them like crap over a girl who's really loving and nice to them (see Suzuka). The main girl can make a ton of mistakes, do some horrible things, and the MC can be with someone else, but as soon as that girl says she still loves him, he'll drop his current girl like a hot potato and go rushing back.

Honestly, it's why I've really started avoiding mangas like this. Lots of drama for the same end. I'd love to see an author some day just give the FU to a main girl who does something like that and have the protagonist fall in love with someone else, while the "main girl" learns a lesson from it all. Sadly, they always get away scott free.

As for how well GE is doing, volume 11 sold slightly less than 30,000 copies.
Old 2012-12-11, 11:53   Link #4733
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Come one. Unlike Kento, Utsumi was not sleeping around with different girls and he really tried to move on with Shou, but it just was not meant to be. He tried and failed. What I can say is that Utsumi clearly should have waited till he got over Yuki before going in a knew realtionship. But that fool was not strong enough and peffered wound-icking. Utsumi is a weakly whiny emo pussy, but not someone like Kento who deliberately uses poeple and throws them away after that.
That's what I meant...
It's not so different from Kento: Kento went to Shou when his girlfriend broke up with him, and when she come back he throw Shou away... Utsumi's case is quite the same.

Well, I really HATE this.

PS: Of course Kento is a really worse jerk than Utsumi, but still I don't like Utsumi behaviour at all (in this case).
Old 2012-12-11, 12:47   Link #4734
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

@Dauerlutscher:

You conveniently omit the part where it was actually Shou who threw herself at Utsumi right after he broke up with Yuki so Shou is at least as guilty of getting into a rebound relationship as he is. More so, she was the one that initiated it despite knowing he just came out of an unresolved relationship, he was reluctant at first whereas she persisted. It should've been Shou herself to know better than that considering she already had a painful reboubnd experience.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:53   Link #4735
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
And still in the end, he got the girl he wanted. So why even bother being nice? lol
Kento only got the girl after he accepted his wrong doing and changed. I know that the chances for someone to change so drastically in real life are low but this is a fictional story after all.
I'm clearly aware that it was rushed, but only because the author had not so much chapters left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
That's what I meant...
It's not so different from Kento: Kento went to Shou when his girlfriend broke up with him, and when she come back he throw Shou away... Utsumi's case is quite the same.

Well, I really HATE this.

PS: Of course Kento is a really worse jerk than Utsumi, but still I don't like Utsumi behaviour at all (in this case).
We had 40 chapters of Utsumi really trying to move on so it is not quite the same at all.
Kento didn't care that he was using her. It was his plan since the beginning that he would only fuck her and never took her seriously. But it was completely different with Utsumi. He took this thing with her seriously and tried to make it work even after he begann to understand that his realtionship with her was basing only on woundlicking. But the point where he could not go one anymore like this had arrived. And Shou and her refusing to see reality didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
@Dauerlutscher:

You conveniently omit the part where it was actually Shou who threw herself at Utsumi right after he broke up with Yuki so Shou is at least as guilty of getting into a rebound relationship as he is. More so, she was the one that initiated it despite knowing he just came out of an unresolved relationship, he was reluctant at first whereas she persisted. It should've been Shou herself to know better than that considering she already had a painful reboubnd experience.
Both should have known better and both are responsible for this mess. Shou a little more because she had experience with a rebound relationship. That Shou got burned is her own damn fault. After all, she played along and ignored every sign that was showing that something is not right.
I also blame Utsumi about that he had no common sense and rushed in a realtionship because he could not bear the pain of being alone and rejected. Heck, he even asked Yuki again in hope she would still take him back even after Shou and him were already in this rebound thing.

In the end all of them are young and made mistakes. When i think about my realtionships in my youth, i wish i could have done many things better. But that is part of life, making mistakes and learning from them.
Old 2012-12-11, 15:18   Link #4736
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
In the end all of them are young and made mistakes. When i think about my realtionships in my youth, i wish i could have done many things better. But that is part of life, making mistakes and learning from them.
Now if that only applied to the main girls in the series, I'd be happy. So many of them do stupid things and get a free pass in the end.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:27   Link #4737
Diveman

new chapter is out:

Spoiler for ch whatever:
Old 2012-12-12, 19:41   Link #4738
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
new chapter is out:

Spoiler for ch whatever:
No surprises so far in the overall storyline.
Some more cliched "love interest has beem taken away by parents for appearences sake" plot points and Yuki should return home in about 5-8 chapters.
Ugh and still she won't be with Utsumi when they return I bet....more 50 chapters for that to happen I bet again.....godamnit I've read too many mangas for too much time......
Old 2012-12-12, 20:06   Link #4739
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Now if that only applied to the main girls in the series, I'd be happy. So many of them do stupid things and get a free pass in the end.
Not only the main girls but also the main guy and others too. It's just generally bad writing from the author. And to say the truth, this manga was nothing more than a soap opera for me. And I never took anything really serious in this story like some other people did. That is the reason why i never raged and was only facepalming (I facepalmed a lot).

@Darth SpiderDen
This manga got canceled and that is the reason why everything is so rushed now. There won't be another 50 chapters.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:43   Link #4740
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Not only the main girls but also the main guy and others too. It's just generally bad writing from the author. And to say the truth, this manga was nothing more than a soap opera for me. And I never took anything really serious in this story like some other people did. That is the reason why i never raged and was only facepalming (I facepalmed a lot).

@Darth SpiderDen
This manga got canceled and that is the reason why everything is so rushed now. There won't be another 50 chapters.
Got cancelled hum..glad to hear that.
Shift my previous post to manga ending when this plot is resolved or 2-3 chapters after plot is solved.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi