AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 12:03   Link #2961
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
So, I'm not sure if this be the place to ask this, but... between Madara's two high-tier Fire attacks, what exactly is the difference between Gōka Mekkyaku and Gōka Messhitsu?
Mekkyaku

Messhitsu

sounds like madara just has a large vocabulary
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 13:03   Link #2962
DKN117

Okay, so... The first is a wide-area wall of flame, and the second is a narrower, more focused stream of fire. Got it.
DKN117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 23:20   Link #2963
velvet nightmare

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-10-28 at 23:49.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 23:48   Link #2964
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Spoiler for manga:
shhh... that's why
Old 2013-11-14, 15:58   Link #2965
JustRob

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-17, 12:00   Link #2966
JustRob

By the way, does anyone know if Yamato's real name is Tenzo? Kakashi has referred to him by that name up to two times now, so I thought it might be. Then again, Kakashi was also in the ANBU before, so maybe Tenzo is just another codename.

Altogether I find it pretty odd that we haven't learned Yamato's real name. He's not even in the ANBU anymore, he's just acting as a regular jounin. So why keep up the codename? It's meaningless. Does the guy himself have no problems that none of his friends actually know his real name?
Old 2013-11-17, 12:46   Link #2967
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
By the way, does anyone know if Yamato's real name is Tenzo? Kakashi has referred to him by that name up to two times now, so I thought it might be. Then again, Kakashi was also in the ANBU before, so maybe Tenzo is just another codename.
according to narutopedia:
While Kakashi was still in the ANBU, Yamato's codename was Tenzō (テンゾウ, Tenzō) — which Kakashi sometimes still calls him by — although Yamato prefers that Kakashi uses his new codename (Yamato). His real name is unknown.
Old 2013-11-20, 15:16   Link #2968
JustRob

Here's another good one:

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents and Yahiko with Rinne Tensei? We know for a fact that there is no time limit on the technique, since Madara planned for Nagato to revive him more then a decade later. And even if Nagato didn't know the technique when Yahiko died, he could have used it as soon as he learned it.
Old 2013-11-20, 15:24   Link #2969
james0246

Quote:
Here's another good one:

Why didn't Nagato revive his parents and Yahiko with Rinne Tensei? We know for a fact that there is no time limit on the technique, since Madara planned for Nagato to revive him more then a decade later. And even if Nagato didn't know the technique when Yahiko died, he could have used it as soon as he learned it.
Because drama and plot convenience. The fact that the eyes were never his might also have something to do with it. Also, Nagato kind of sucked at using the eyes.

It was never explicitly stated one way or another, so your guess is as good as anyone's.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 15:26   Link #2970
JustRob

I figured as much. It just makes Nagato's so very tragic history kinda seem stupid to me.
Old 2013-11-20, 16:52   Link #2971
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I figured as much. It just makes Nagato's so very tragic history kinda seem stupid to me.
So if he revived Yahiko and died in the process that would be less tragic?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 17:31   Link #2972
JustRob

Why would he die in the process? Konan made it very clear Nagato died because he used the technique when he was pretty much empty of chakra. A full powered chakra Nagato should easily be able to bring two or three people back without giving up his life.
Old 2013-11-21, 06:28   Link #2973
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why would he die in the process? Konan made it very clear Nagato died because he used the technique when he was pretty much empty of chakra. A full powered chakra Nagato should easily be able to bring two or three people back without giving up his life.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2013-11-21, 07:53   Link #2974
JustRob

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-21, 08:59   Link #2975
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-21, 10:14   Link #2976
itachi-san314

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2013-11-21, 18:48   Link #2977
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
No, she didn't make that clear. Nagato said that he can still revive them because they died just recently. It means that as with many other jutsu Kishi set up a few rules: with the rinnegan you can revive people without dying if they died only recently, it only costs you chakra. If you want to revive someone who died long ago then you need to give up your own life, that is you can do that only once. This second rule was given when Tobi complained to Zetsu that the rinnegan was supposed to be used to revive Madara but Nagato wasted it on random people. The rules to resurrect people were set up long before the war. What Konan said was that Nagato was exhaused by the long fight against both Konoha and Naruto so he should not waste his chakra on a huge jutsu where he revives masses of people far away of himself. With that he exhaused all his chakra and therefore he died. If the rinnegan needed only some chakra to revive anyone who ever died that would be the stupidest thing ever, then Nagato could just spam it and revive the entire world. What would be next then? The power to make and old man young. And finally immortality for the whole world Well it would be fun to watch how Nagato deals with the overpopulation of the Narutoverse. He could revive all the dogs too
Old 2013-11-21, 19:08   Link #2978
JustRob

Impressive theory, but I wonder if that's really how it works.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-22, 10:26   Link #2979
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If the rinnegan needed only some chakra to revive anyone who ever died that would be the stupidest thing ever, then Nagato could just spam it and revive the entire world. What would be next then? The power to make and old man young. And finally immortality for the whole world
you realize that you're describing kabuto's edo tensei right? even making old madara young again and actually bringing people back to normal life would be less of a hack since they can be killed normally. the zombies have unlimited chakra and immortality
Old 2013-11-26, 16:51   Link #2980
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you realize that you're describing kabuto's edo tensei right? even making old madara young again and actually bringing people back to normal life would be less of a hack since they can be killed normally. the zombies have unlimited chakra and immortality
But they are dead people. For example an edo tensei can't seal a tailed beast inside himself. But i get what you mean, of course Edo Tensei is a broken jutsu unless Kishimoto puts some other limitations on it. And he could do that since it was never really explored what are the limits of it.

Tags
q&a