AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 06:02   Link #501
Silverwyrm

Some of the jokes are conveyed better in how they are done in the manga. I can say I laughed at the manga more than this, but the show has had some great parts too. I felt some of my favored jokes form the manga fell flat in anime though I'm a bit worried about some pieces I am waiting to see, if they can be brought over right.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 08:23   Link #502
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
How about some Eurobeat to go with your epic hallway chase?

LOL that was interesting but I couldn't chase the Hachi Roku from my mind while watching that
Old 2011-04-22, 12:54   Link #503
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not quite as polarizing as Lucky Star. At least people tend to find at least something amusing each episode.
Old 2011-04-22, 16:54   Link #504
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not quite as polarizing as Lucky Star. At least people tend to find at least something amusing each episode.
It may turn out the same way for me as Lucky Star did, though. For that one, I just couldn't keep up the enthusiasm to keep watching week after week. I laugh at Nichijou every time I watch it, but I can't say I'm excited to catch every episode.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:23   Link #505
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
I agree. I honestly feel like I'm doing something wrong by not being completely head over heels over this show, but I just can't seem to bring myself to laugh at the content. It's amusing don't get me wrong, but I was kinda expecting something crazy humorous and now I'm afraid I'll be destroyed by the KyoAni fans unless I can find some way to make this show as the most hilarious thing to me in recent memory.
self victimized much? dont remember anyone in this thread crucify other for not liking the show.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:02   Link #506
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
self victimized much? dont remember anyone in this thread crucify other for not liking the show.
I don't think they're "self-victimizing" (????) ... more like "Good grief, this is the kind of series I usually like. There's nothing intrinsically bad about it. Yet I'm not laughing or even smiling through much of it."

so it is perplexing...
Old 2011-04-22, 21:48   Link #507
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't think they're "self-victimizing" (????) ... more like "Good grief, this is the kind of series I usually like. There's nothing intrinsically bad about it. Yet I'm not laughing or even smiling through much of it."

so it is perplexing...
I just wonder why he/she says "...now I'm afraid I'll be destroyed by the KyoAni fans unless I can find some way to make this show as the most hilarious thing to me in recent memory." It may just me read into things too much but that sentence makes it looks like anyone that not praise this series to high heaven gonna got flame the hell out of his/her. yet, I havent seen any of the sort in this forum.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:39   Link #508
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I actually found this show hilarious.

Yuuko actually brought the broccoli, pack of meat, an apple and a bag of rice to payback for the lunch. Then she was greatly troubled with that Buddha statue. She did feel guilty at least

Sakamoto was quite cute before he start to speak. But well he is a funny character nonetheless
Old 2011-04-23, 11:21   Link #509
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

posted? game

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011...s-this-summer/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:20   Link #510
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I just wonder why he/she says "...now I'm afraid I'll be destroyed by the KyoAni fans unless I can find some way to make this show as the most hilarious thing to me in recent memory." It may just me read into things too much but that sentence makes it looks like anyone that not praise this series to high heaven gonna got flame the hell out of his/her. yet, I havent seen any of the sort in this forum.
Because historically he probably would. I mean even last year I saw some serious defensiveness when I posted my thoughts on the Haruhi movie. I said it was surprisingly good overall and made special mention of the background animations and background music, but also stated that I had tremendous issues with the pacing that left me bored to tears through long stretches of the movie and that the plot seemed to be contradicting what happened in early material at times. The response for calling it merely good and not going down on record as decreeing it perfection amongst cinema was pretty immediate and quite hostile.

Here there's just no ground to argue on though I think. Either you find it funny or you don't. That and none of the most unreasonable die-hard fanboys I've run into in other Kyoani show threads are here right now to take offense.....not even one of them in fact.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:45   Link #511
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Yep. The one that I heard growing up was:

When you come home, your dog says "My master's home!". When you come home to your cat, your cat will say "Oh... my servant is back. Must be time to feed me."

I've only recently had a dog and a cat in the same house, and I found out quickly that all these sayings are true lol.
Yeah, for me the version I know is this one:

Dog: You feed me, you pet me, you give me a home; You must be my Master.

Cat: You feed me, you pet me, you give me a home; I must be your Master.
Old 2011-04-23, 16:19   Link #512
tyciol
*Artist

Is N/A right for episodes? Even for OVAs or movies don't we usually write 1? So far there've been 3 so maybe 3 of ? if we don't know how many are slated to air?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 16:22   Link #513
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Is N/A right for episodes? Even for OVAs or movies don't we usually write 1? So far there've been 3 so maybe 3 of ? if we don't know how many are slated to air?
According to MAL and ANN Nichijou is slated for 26 episodes[ie 2 cours]
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 20:12   Link #514
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Because historically he probably would. I mean even last year I saw some serious defensiveness when I posted my thoughts on the Haruhi movie. I said it was surprisingly good overall and made special mention of the background animations and background music, but also stated that I had tremendous issues with the pacing that left me bored to tears through long stretches of the movie and that the plot seemed to be contradicting what happened in early material at times. The response for calling it merely good and not going down on record as decreeing it perfection amongst cinema was pretty immediate and quite hostile.

Here there's just no ground to argue on though I think. Either you find it funny or you don't. That and none of the most unreasonable die-hard fanboys I've run into in other Kyoani show threads are here right now to take offense.....not even one of them in fact.
Well and to be fair that was Haruhi and not KyoAni in general and you know how haruhists are
Old 2011-04-23, 21:14   Link #515
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well they won't be called die-hard fanboys if they quietly take "offensive" and then leave like that xD
Old 2011-04-23, 23:27   Link #516
Midonin
Last Engage

Sasahara, you theatrical doofus. Keep up the good work!

We'll have lots of fun with Mr. Snowman
Until the other kiddies knock him down.

Finally, the midterm test segment was a wonderful example of silent comedy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 02:25   Link #517
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
The more I see the little professor, the more I think Becky (Pani Poni Dash!). ?_?
Old 2011-04-24, 02:54   Link #518
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps this is Becky before she gets her teaching credentials at M.I.T.
Nano might still be going to college by the time Becky-sensei starts working.
Old 2011-04-24, 03:01   Link #519
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2011-04-24, 04:22   Link #520
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life