AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-24, 13:21   Link #41
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar
And my question would be, if this OVA is done by a different company, will it have the same seiyuu? Or will they change their names like they do when the do hentai ? Did the game have the same actors?
One of the reasons I find funny about Futari Ecchi is that the seiyuu use their real names. It's a little weird listening to Ueda Yuuji (Keitarou from Love Hina) doing it with Kawakami Tomoko (Rosette from Chrno Chrusade) .
The first OVA was done by a different company too, but they still kept those seiyuus for the TV series... But anyway, this is done by Studio Matrix which also did the TV series, so in this case it's not a different company.

Anyway, Yuji Ueda and Tomoko Kawakami eh? It'll be like Akito from Nadesico doing it with Eri (one of those kitchen girls) from the same show (yeah yeah a bit boring).

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-24 at 14:41.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 16:07   Link #42
chImp

I just saw the preview and I must say that it turned out above my expectations. Never would have though they would go THIS far
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 22:03   Link #43
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Does anyone know a how many parts OVA it will be?
But somehow I think it won't be a sequel, but the same story told once again in a different way.

But actually I thought Yuusuke's character was really likable, but if he now goes around sleeping with every girl this won't be the same person...
It's more or less a sequel of the TV series from what I've seen (since it IS being done by the same company--and Reika is a TV series character ONLY, she never appeared in the game NOR the first OVA). Notice how Midori has long hair now and Futaba's hair is longer than before too... And that blow job scene appears to have been some kind of dream...

Anyway, Yusuke is based on the person from the game, who sleeps with everyone there too... So it's the same.
Old 2004-01-24, 22:28   Link #44
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Tell me, as I am very interested...

How is "Green Green" being viewed in you places?

The reason why I ask this is because here in Japan, "Green Green" is considered to be one of those games that "didn't flop, but didn't suceed either." It stands somewhere in the weird spot that "it's was good enough that it shouldn't be rated as a kusoge- (shit game), but it also bad enough to be rated somewhat as a jirai (land mine)."

Japanese ero-game terminology-

"jirai" - in actual Japanese, it means "land mine." In otaku terms, it means "it looks great, but once you play it, you find it to be bad...You were duped into shelling out 8800 yen by the pictures but you just stepped onto a landmine."
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 22:45   Link #45
brightman
Ancient Member

Heh, I'd think that the same applies to us (for the anime anyway... I don't think there are that many who've played the game). Most of the fansub-viewing public probably dismissed this as ecchi trash, and of the few who do like it (or at least enjoy it a bit) probably treat this more as mindless entertainment than anything else. Certainly nothing special other than how the far the staff was willing to go for those three idiots in the anime (as for the game, I actually haven't played it, but from what I've heard, it doesn't seem too special in the world of erogames either)

I am surprised though, that a game with the description like you said could be made into an OVA and a TV series, and into spinoffs from that TV series... From what I saw in different anime magazine polls it doesn't seem popular enough to be able to generate a franchise like this one has either.
Old 2004-01-24, 22:46   Link #46
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Tell me, as I am very interested...

How is "Green Green" being viewed in you places?

The reason why I ask this is because here in Japan, "Green Green" is considered to be one of those games that "didn't flop, but didn't suceed either." It stands somewhere in the weird spot that "it's was good enough that it shouldn't be rated as a kusoge- (shit game), but it also bad enough to be rated somewhat as a jirai (land mine)."

Japanese ero-game terminology-

"jirai" - in actual Japanese, it means "land mine." In otaku terms, it means "it looks great, but once you play it, you find it to be bad...You were duped into shelling out 8800 yen by the pictures but you just stepped onto a landmine."

Well i never played the game, but the ANIME was so damm funny!!!!!! LOL i really liked the comedy, on ep 6 it was a little WIERD, but hella funny!!!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 05:52   Link #47
Ami_

Hi there.

I'd really like to see the review.. but can't find it anywhere.
So please, if you can, give me url to the torrent by private message or anything.

^__^

I just watched the 12 eps, and I gotta say that the serie was wonderful. Didn't like the end very much though, I really wanted to see Yuusuke and Midori together.. Or at least in the same time period. -____-
Ami_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:32   Link #48
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Talking

humm.... I would like the link through PM too
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 19:49   Link #49
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
The OVA itself will be a direct to DVD release and is not entitled Green Green 2004. The release itself is currently set for April.

It's true title is "Green Green 13 - Erolutions." If you take a look at the title of the studio itself, you maybe be able to see the pun in modifying the word Evolution.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 21:05   Link #50
brightman
Ancient Member

Also, do a search for グリーングリーンエロリューションズ (the katakana versions of the title) and you will find the official site with an unsubbed preview.
Old 2004-01-25, 21:25   Link #51
Firebat
I Love Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Also, do a search for グリーングリーンエロリューションズ (the katakana versions of the title) and you will find the official site with an unsubbed preview.
Thanks, found it

Any news on when this is coming out? And even if the links are here I wonder who would fansub it, Green Green is great, so I hope someone does.

Any takers?
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 21:31   Link #52
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
Thanks, found it

Any news on when this is coming out? And even if the links are here I wonder who would fansub it, Green Green is great, so I hope someone does.

Any takers?
Well by the look of the preview, animesuki will not put up the torrents to it. But I'm pretty sure a bunch of fansubbers would sub it no matter what. The group who subbed the preview is guaranteed to sub it for sure unless otherwise.
Old 2004-01-25, 21:32   Link #53
Firebat
I Love Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Well by the look of the preview, animesuki will not put up the torrents to it. But I'm pretty sure a bunch of fansubbers would sub it no matter what. The group who subbed the preview is guaranteed to sub it for sure.
Who did fansub the preview?
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 21:37   Link #54
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

The group that subbed the preview is some new group called Shinsen-subs
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 22:39   Link #55
Ogata
Underling

they ruined the whole series..
check out the character DVDS
Chigusan + Futaba are in a lez scene
-_-
www.greengreen.jp/release/charadvd.html
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 22:40   Link #56
Ogata
Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
Who did fansub the preview?
shinsen subs did
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 23:08   Link #57
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogata
they ruined the whole series..
check out the character DVDS
Chigusan + Futaba are in a lez scene
-_-
www.greengreen.jp/release/charadvd.html
Nice bonus! I like it.
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:41   Link #58
Jinx626
Yo!!

I don't suppose anyone will fansub these character dvds.....
Jinx626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 01:44   Link #59
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i dont realli like the storyline but realli enjoy the funny scene where the 3 ERO guy's minds went totally blank while sitting at their tables doing nothing about tests . i would want to watch the ova this summer to see where would the story takes me to..either Yuusuke with Midori OR Yuusuke with Futaba. In my opinion i would like Yuusuke to be with Futaba but who knows? probably with Midori =P.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 05:17   Link #60
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Someone asked when it was coming out, I said this earlier. April 2004.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote