AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 10:41   Link #3261
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

ppl say that the comet is just an upgraded version of the crommie and there is nothing new or special about it.

so thats why i stopped at the commie, idk but if i do go brit line, i'll follow kimi's medium path since he said it was the better of the 2 lines. although Pen3 has the tier X of the heavy line on the brit line. but he's been playing mainly 8s and 9s.

anyhow i'm underway to the E5... looks like I won't be spending much on tanks for awhile until i get the E5.

anyone have any suggestions for my next approach, since I have the M41, Hummel, KV 1S (might just want to skip/free xp to the IS, so idk), T25/2 researched fully and i'm looking for a new line to play.

3.63 mil more to go till my E5.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-02-25 at 11:22.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 12:10   Link #3262
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
3.63 mil more to go till my E5.
Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8... Love my IS-8...

- Tak (Am I creeping you guys out?)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 13:22   Link #3263
Sumeragi
Banned

No, since there are more relevant things.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 13:31   Link #3264
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, since there are more relevant things.
Like my precious IS-8?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-25, 13:57   Link #3265
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Like my precious IS-8?

- Tak
grp wit me and pen when I get my E5 XD take it for a test drive.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:02   Link #3266
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

top gun at the last second of the game, and almost got second line of perks. need another 20 battles in the T29.

also looks like more and more players are learning how to kill US heavies, since their aiming for the hull most of the time now.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:05   Link #3267
Tak

Quote:
grp wit me and pen when I get my E5 XD take it for a test drive.
Oh hell yes.

OTOH, the IS-8 handles very well with just a 700hp engine (not yet upgraded), I can just imagine how well the IS-7 would do with a 1000+ hp gig...

- Tak

Old 2013-02-25, 14:47   Link #3268
Blaat

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

top gun at the last second of the game, and almost got second line of perks. need another 20 battles in the T29.

also looks like more and more players are learning how to kill US heavies, since their aiming for the hull most of the time now.
I call and raise you by:
Images
Still the damage is pretty damn low compared to the amount of hits, I kept hitting the KV-4 in the side tracks but it did no damage what so ever. :\
Old 2013-02-25, 15:14   Link #3269
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Bought the Pz III/IV and it seems like a keeper.

This is from my second game and I think I did pretty well all things considered.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:23   Link #3270
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I call and raise you by:
Images
Still the damage is pretty damn low compared to the amount of hits, I kept hitting the KV-4 in the side tracks but it did no damage what so ever. :\
yes but I got top gun, though you did alot of damage compared to me, and 2 medals, confed, and steel wall, well its nice to see someone that can play US heavies as good as me or better.

btw did you load any gold? I had 30 gold rounds, 30 regular, and 3 HE for the 105mm. for my last 2 or 3 kills i loaded in gold.

Anyone want to give me money silver to by my tier X, i'm excepting donations. XD

AWE your not on the NA server, I want to platoon with you too.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:43   Link #3271
Sumeragi
Banned

Just a warning: Storms post translated by Overload

Quote:
- there will be new extended statistics introduced for each player (for example split of company and random battles statistics)
- apparently the "Damocles sword" artillery aim helper is a cheat according to Storm
- it's theoretically passible 2D hitzone skins will be banned too, it's still discussed
- ENB and SweetFX "shader injectors" (whatever that is) are legal
- if I understand this correctly, "zoom mod" (sniper mode zoom more than usual) will be banned also
- Storm plans to implement "special checking of client files and other measures", will work for bots
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:55   Link #3272
Tak

Just as well, I've always thought that mod was a cheat.

The only mod I use is the battlefield zoom for situational awareness.

- Tak

Old 2013-02-25, 15:58   Link #3273
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, i use some skins for the weakpoints of some tanks and know where the ammorack is in (i love ammorackin tigers with my IS).

The only zoom mod I use is the Arty variant, that zooms out the arty mode more than ussual (it makes counter battery more easy).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 16:43   Link #3274
Pen3

I haven't use a single gold round on my t29. The only tanks i use gold are the ones with 105 derp and T69.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-02-25 at 17:04.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 17:36   Link #3275
Blaat

Quote:
yes but I got top gun, though you did alot of damage compared to me, and 2 medals, confed, and steel wall, well its nice to see someone that can play US heavies as good as me or better.

btw did you load any gold? I had 30 gold rounds, 30 regular, and 3 HE for the 105mm. for my last 2 or 3 kills i loaded in gold.
Actually I got confed and spartan. I'm also pretty lousy at getting kills, I only have a total of 21 top guns even though I've been playing since beginning of November. No idea what my problem is. I guess I'm more obsessed at doing damage than getting kills.

And no I don't use gold ammo.
Old 2013-02-25, 17:57   Link #3276
Gravitas Free Zone

I think most of my Top Guns have occurred in situations where I wasn't even considering my kill count at the time (often because I was trying to avoid being exploded). On the other hand, it seems that a lot of my missed Top Guns have occurred when I'll be playing decently, the team is doing all right, I see that I have scored five kills, have enough time to consider the sixth target... and someone else shoots it first.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 18:16   Link #3277
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Had a pretty good debut for my Comet. Platooned with Ascaloth (who brought is own Comet), and while it doesn't handle as well compared to the Cromwell (or as fast), it's amazing on slopes. We noticed though that MM has something against it, as in the games we had we were placed on TOP of the team list. Ick.

Our last game though had us start with a huge advantage in Lakeville, only for us to get overrun by Tigers that were, half a minute before, were in town. What.
Old 2013-02-25, 18:32   Link #3278
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I don't use mods that enhance game play, I think ppl who hack or get mods like aimbot are noobs, that said my oldest brother who was hacking on his BF3 account is a complete noob compared to me.

So far the mods I have are Jimbo's, Miku Hangar, and the Crew Icons in the garage. Other than that I do way better without assistance from mods. I mean come on, how else could I get to tier X in less than 3 months. I'm still pissed off about the 6 mil + for tier X, but then again its tier X.

I hope I do good in the E5. It seems like a fairly swift heavy tank compared to its counter-parts, but the french have the fastest heavies in game, but they lack armor. Which I find weird, in the lower tiers they have thicker armor and dominate the round with slope armor and stuff, but at higher tiers its like paper armor. I bet any Tier V could pen a tier 8 - 10 french heavy.

That being said, Germans and Russians have those impossible to kill tanks. Then the Chinese have bouncy slope armor. For the Brits there in the middle with the US. While most of France's tanks are like confetti.
Old 2013-02-25, 18:55   Link #3279
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm running:
  1. Locastan's HD minimap for the better-quality map. Since I don't have XVM, I removed the other bits like persistent tank corpse locations and tank ID on minimap... actually, the fact that that feature is available to XVM users but not to the unwashed masses kinda ticks me off.
  2. The mod that gives you an on-screen indicator of the bearing that you were just hit from.
  3. GUI tweaks to remove the shadow under the crosshairs and putting the damaged module indicator in the center of the screen, as well as the reload timer. I thought Jimbo's crosshair was too visually-obtrusive.
  4. Locastan's stats mod, which also lets me set the ingame chat decay time to something much faster so people spamming map squares don't clog up the screen.

And that's... really about it. Everything else is to turn WoT into a game about high school girls who drive tanks.

Speaking of which...

I like the lighting in this hangar mod, it doesn't have a stronger shadow on one side of the tank versus the other. Though it does that by having the light from straight above, which presents its own problems.

For gag value I'm thinking of putting the "Tiger" inscription on my Panther II and the "Panther" inscription on the Tiger II...

Did some more reading and a bit of video watching about the AMX 12t. It would seem that there are a few who really like it, and quite a few who do not.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:23   Link #3280
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My experience with the French autoloaders has taught me this: armor? What's that? You're REALLY going to be forced to rely on your speed and high camo values, but even then it's not enough especially when your common HE round can penetrate you or, worse, cause module damage.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks