4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-22, 20:56   Link #21
striderm
Adusa #1

Everything about this is good except the pacing. I'll agree with that.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:38   Link #22
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Disappointing episode. Way too many flashbacks for one thing, and I was also disappointed with Naruto's progress. Still using the same moves, only somewhat better apparently, and a bit more innovative. Rasengan still requires a copy, and didn't see any real new moves. Sakura, on the other hand, has turned from deadweight into a powerhouse, a much more noticeable change. Loved that groundsplitting smash, and the reactions. Seems more effective than Rasengan, and easier to apply (especially in Naruto's case). I also found it a bit farfetched that Deidara (or should we call him the hm-guy?) didn't get noticed at all, while going into flight at the edge of town. Ohwell Gaaraa noticed him, so plenty of action next ep.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:45   Link #23
Mists

Just saw the episode...I must say, "bleh"

Did they not get rid of the filler team? We're back to mass bushin instant bushin kill...wtf ... at least have them make a comment that they're lasting longer, or at least have them get closer to the bell! Sasuke touched the bell back then, remember!

And boy the pacing is awful, those flashbacks weren't necessary.

And wtf Deidera wasn't spotted for flying that low!? In the manga he flew way way way up high until he was like a spec in the sky, and he used his left eye to snap in what was going on below...I find it silly that all those people at their posts are just standing around...can they not see the guy riding the bird? They are damn shinobi!

The only redeeming thing is the music...but it just doesn't match, such awesome music with such crappy execution!

Don't get me started on Kakashi doing Lee's lotus!!! WTF! Lee could do it because he had his hands wrapped and he could use it to his advantage (though that was silly to begin with). Kakashi has those wraps under his sleeves? WHAAA?

I wonder what is worse, terrible fillers or butchering the manga!
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:59   Link #24
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
And i remember that Sakura was a genjutsu user...so even if it is a filler or not...i'd like to see Sakura use genjutsu aswell.

The problem is there are hardly any genjutsu in the series. From I've seen, there are only 4 genjutsu used in the whole show. The basic academy genjutsu, Kabuto's genjutsu that makes people sleep during the Chuunin exam(was it even one?), Kurenai vs Itachi(was it even one too?) and Nidaime's genjutsu vs Sandaime(was it filler or in the manga?).
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:10   Link #25
Gage

Is it just me, or was the animation quality of the flashbacks really bad? Especially the scenes showing Naruto during the first bell test, it seemed WAY different than what I remember from that actual episode. It looks like they reanimated every scene, but badly.
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:26   Link #26
Schuyler

I really hope things get better, those flash backs ruined this ep for me.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:48   Link #27
striderm
Adusa #1

Didn't Sakura watch all of Naruto's fight with Neji in the Chuunin Exam? (Bunshin + Quick tactics + small Kyuubi chakra release)
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:51   Link #28
Ichimaru

i think they spent 2 years of fillers budget into one eps hahaah, now they are back to where they started
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:03   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 1 & 2 of Shippuden has moved Naruto in the 6th place with 8% of viewer rating. Link. It's the first time in several months that Naruto has actually moved up in the top 10 list. It will also be interesting to see how episode 3 will do.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-23 at 01:24. Reason: fixed broken link
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:27   Link #30
Crebstar

Is it just me or did Sakura end up a lot further than Naruto in terms of training. She performed way better than Naruto and displayed some good moves. Oh well maybe Naruto will show us some better stuff next episode.
Crebstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:31   Link #31
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Ya, this episode was rather.. bleh. As the person above me put it, they made sakura out to be so impressive, and Naruto was.. very disappointing. I mean all he used was rasengan *which he cant even do by himself after all these years of training* and shadowclone. Barely showed anything, when he mentioned that he needs to get serious or he will get killed, i was really looking forward to it, but nope. I know it is not his full strength but still, could have shown something new other then that weapon.

As for the episode itself, it was too jumpy. Half of the episode was flashbacks, there was like a total of 5 min worth of anything to do with gaara. Just hope they get back in the game for next episode.
Old 2007-02-23, 00:37   Link #32
Blaster

Maybe Jiraiya was too focused on writing his book that he forgot to teach Naruto how to do a one hand Rasengan.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:37   Link #33
Mists

And honestly...a Ninja like Kakashi...would you guys really expect him to do ALL the EXACT same tricks as when he first tested them? Not to mention the fact the Genjetsu of Sasuke was the same...! You would imagine Sas looked different and stuff...........

Gah I want to rate this episode lower than a 4 so badly. I'll give Naruto 3 more episodes before I truly abandon Shipuuden as well...(and I gave Naruto pt 1 5 episodes of fillers a chance...wtf! What a waste...)
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:52   Link #34
velvet nightmare

my mentality on the rasengan is "dont fix what isnt broken"

it's worked so far and having a clone help you doesnt really affect naruto anyways, so its fine for me

on a general note of the episode, i hope that it's preparing us for the next episode

1.kakashi + naruto + sakura should be finished warm up
2.gaara is about to go into combat

as for the rating for this episode, i'll have to see if next episode is good

ill accept this episode as a preparation one so the next one better be damn good
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 01:07   Link #35
onepiecelover

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Episode 1 & 2 of Shippuden has moved Naruto in the 6th place with 8% of viewer rating. Link. It's the first time in several months that Naruto has actually moved up in the top 10 list. It will also be interesting to see how episode 3 will do.
WHAT !! and here I was under the impression that Naruto was like in atleast the top three or something, o and btw the link doesnt work
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 01:24   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
WHAT !! and here I was under the impression that Naruto was like in atleast the top three or something, o and btw the link doesnt work
Oops! Here is the correct link: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/aran/w/

As for the rating, I thought it did pretty well considering Naruto was absent from the top 10 chart for the last 10 week or so.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:29   Link #37
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
Is it just me, or was the animation quality of the flashbacks really bad? Especially the scenes showing Naruto during the first bell test, it seemed WAY different than what I remember from that actual episode. It looks like they reanimated every scene, but badly.
They weren't reanimated those scenes are the same as it was in the episode it was shown on.
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 03:00   Link #38
Rein Masamuri

Wow, this episode had some BAD animation points.
Spoiler:

P.S. Monir, where'd you get the screenpics? I didn't see some of that... :P
Rein Masamuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 05:00   Link #39
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Well first 2 episodes were better . I would want to give it a 8 out of 10 but since its probably because i am comparing it with the first 2, i will give it a 9.

Overal episode was really good. I was preaty impressed with Sakura, not as much with naruto though. He has become stronger but i hoped he would show more of his powers. It seemed to me he wasnt showing all of his powers.
Old 2007-02-23, 05:27   Link #40
sabret00the

That was nothing short of wonderful. so much better than the first two eps, i loved this one.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote