AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 04:07   Link #261
lixuelai

SM is imba already and they are going to buff it even more next patch supposedly . I have a 22 Sorc on Siel but I usually play on Marchutan. Hopefully I can grind to 46-48 during Thanksgiving break.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 08:46   Link #262
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I play on Siel, but have now hit a wall pretty much. Was trying to go for the 2nd best armor set in the game, but on the 4th step failed to crit a craft. Now the mats are close to impossible to get. I don't think I can attempt it again for another month, and there are only certain times of the day it's possible to farm them (due to ganks and competition and what not).

Going to pretty much just focus on a new Spiritmaster that I'm going to keep around level 35 for low level PvPing.
I love Heart of Magic...... The damn things turn so much money into absolutely nothing. First fail for me as well, I'm sure I won't be able to do anything with it until another 2-3 weeks.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 15:29   Link #263
Xion Valkyrie

I know of 3 people that got it on their first attempts. If the character creation system wasn't so great, I probably wouldn't be playing AION, as I really dislike RNG based game mechanics.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:36   Link #264
problemedchild
ô_ô

I can't believe how much motivation failing that Heart of Magic killed off. The Abyss is too busy and unfriendly to SMs with the current system, plus I honestly don't feel like farming more mobs solo for days on end.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:39   Link #265
lixuelai

SM is really imba in the abyss Fear is so broken and next patch your pets can fly. Fear + dot = gg.
Old 2009-11-17, 21:18   Link #266
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
I can't believe how much motivation failing that Heart of Magic killed off. The Abyss is too busy and unfriendly to SMs with the current system, plus I honestly don't feel like farming more mobs solo for days on end.
Same here.

I think I'll actually get some work down now haha...
Old 2009-11-24, 09:48   Link #267
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Aion gets an expansion. Fans of asian fantasy shit their pants everywhere. More news at 11.

http://na.aiononline.com/board/video...leID=22&page=1
Old 2009-11-24, 17:20   Link #268
Xion Valkyrie

Yes, saw that. I think it's just a major update to the game though, so it should be free. I think someone who understood Korean said that the notes project an expected date of mid to late 2010.
Old 2009-11-24, 19:01   Link #269
problemedchild
ô_ô

Meh, Aion's level cap was too easy to hit and they really didn't have enough end game content ATM. DP, Fort Instances, farm guards, and that fortress raids, that's about it once you hit 50. Just working on alts when I'm waiting for a group.....
Old 2009-11-24, 19:11   Link #270
Kunagisa

Quote:
Meh, Aion's level cap was too easy to hit and they really didn't have enough end game content ATM. DP, Fort Instances, farm guards, and that fortress raids, that's about it once you hit 50. Just working on alts when I'm waiting for a group.....
Wow, did they change the exp gaining rate? Cause I remember 1 month ago when my friend played he said it's impossible to get beyond 40.

And this game's just WAY WAY WAY PRETTY.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:33   Link #271
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Wow, did they change the exp gaining rate? Cause I remember 1 month ago when my friend played he said it's impossible to get beyond 40.

And this game's just WAY WAY WAY PRETTY.
Hitting level 40 is easy as hell..... and it only got easier with the exp boost from quests.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say your friend can't grind worth beans.
Old 2009-11-24, 22:32   Link #272
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Hitting level 40 is easy as hell..... and it only got easier with the exp boost from quests.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say your friend can't grind worth beans.
I hit 50 about 3 weeks ago too, but I'd still have to say it's pretty grind-tastic. It's not for those who did not taste the bitter flavor of Korean grindfests.
Old 2009-11-24, 23:53   Link #273
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I hit 50 about 3 weeks ago too, but I'd still have to say it's pretty grind-tastic. It's not for those who did not taste the bitter flavor of Korean grindfests.
Moved from L2 to Aion, so I can't really say I feel a grind.

Might be the same for those who moved from FFXI.
Old 2009-11-25, 03:10   Link #274
Seitsuki
Onee!

The problem is that by 35+ you really start running out of quests: 1-30ish could be done by questing alone but after that instances/grinding comes more and more into play. Hits ridiculous levels by 45+, as bad imo as *shudder* MS was. And dont even get me started on AP...
Old 2009-11-25, 22:36   Link #275
lixuelai

Im 44 now and it is painful. The ranged classes can at least kite elites. As a templar I can either 1) join a group where I do most of the work having to pull mobs and stuff which gets tiring fast or 2) grind solo doing pretty crappy damage even with a full crit build. Freaking clerics hit more than I do -.-". At least I don't have dumb gladiators whining about me rolling on a greatsword as when they do I just leave the group. Good luck finding another templar on my server that is 40+.

p.s. Ah abyss points. Once you are higher rank the less abyss points you get and the more you lose which plain sucks.
Old 2009-11-30, 09:21   Link #276
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixuelai View Post
Im 44 now and it is painful. The ranged classes can at least kite elites. As a templar I can either 1) join a group where I do most of the work having to pull mobs and stuff which gets tiring fast or 2) grind solo doing pretty crappy damage even with a full crit build. Freaking clerics hit more than I do -.-". At least I don't have dumb gladiators whining about me rolling on a greatsword as when they do I just leave the group. Good luck finding another templar on my server that is 40+.

p.s. Ah abyss points. Once you are higher rank the less abyss points you get and the more you lose which plain sucks.
Why not just grind SR? It's gotten a lot easier as of now and has pretty decent drops since Brass-eyed is killable now.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:49   Link #277
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Why not just grind SR? It's gotten a lot easier as of now and has pretty decent drops since Brass-eyed is killable now.
Grinding instances really isn't that fun once you've done them like 20+ times heh.
Old 2009-12-01, 00:30   Link #278
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Aion gets an expansion. Fans of asian fantasy shit their pants everywhere. More news at 11.

http://na.aiononline.com/board/video...leID=22&page=1
it got a lot of hype I can see that much, but then again, anything begin with hype often ends with crash and burn. Yes Aion is a very very VERY pretty game, other than that and the wings there isn't many things other older MMO didn't try before.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:30   Link #279
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I was wondering if I should pick up this game. So far I've heard wonderful things about it. But when is the expansion itself coming out because I usually think most expansions ruin good games like what BC did to WoW.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:24   Link #280
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I was wondering if I should pick up this game. So far I've heard wonderful things about it. But when is the expansion itself coming out because I usually think most expansions ruin good games like what BC did to WoW.
Most expansions are actually good for games

The only two real gamebreaker is BC for WoW and CU for Star Wars.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows