AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 37.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 15.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 23:15   Link #141
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I found myself sympathetic to Rosa. Having a small child is such a hassle. Being a single mother can't help either. Yeah, Maria really should shut up and pay attention around. A nine-year old taking candy from strangers? Really.

I don't know, My respect for Rosa went up a bunch this episode. Rosa should have pulled off a spanking at the mansion then and there!!!

Anyway, I wonder what was written in those two envelopes?
Have you read VN episode 4 yet? Cause my opinion of Rosa is quite different than yours...
Old 2009-08-13, 23:18   Link #142
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Anyway, I wonder what was written in those two envelopes?
Rosa's letter was the same thing as Maria's letter was in the first arc, seeing as Beato said 'read this during dinner time'. They didn't re-read it again to save time.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:21   Link #143
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Now I see... Beatrice must really be bored though. Anyways i'm looking forward to seeing Batler making her kiss his feet!
It was omitted in the anime but Battler wanted Beatrice to kiss his butt.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:33   Link #144
Alair

Rosa's going to get that Parent of the Year for *sure* this time.

She's not *that* bad, really. I think it's just because they kept all of her snapping at Maria scenes in but snipped out almost any other kind of scene she was in up to this point.

Nice enough episode but lets get the dull talky talky behind us. Next episode's where the fun starts.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:36   Link #145
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Thought this episode was great...

I have a few questions guys...if i wanted to record what i see in my media player (zoom player), how do i record it? Like say i want to show you guys a specific clip exactly the way im seeing it, how do i record it the exact way im seeing/hearing it?
Old 2009-08-13, 23:43   Link #146
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Thought this episode was great...

I have a few questions guys...if i wanted to record what i see in my media player (zoom player), how do i record it? Like say i want to show you guys a specific clip exactly the way im seeing it, how do i record it the exact way im seeing/hearing it?
I don't really understand the question but.... start the video, go to the clip, and get a video camera and record it? If you don't have a camera then I don't know what to do.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:54   Link #147
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
I don't really understand the question but.... start the video, go to the clip, and get a video camera and record it? If you don't have a camera then I don't know what to do.
yeah something like that so i can show you what i see (i tweaked the video a bit, and it turned out really funny [some scenes] so i want to show u guys)...

looking for something like "Fraps" but for video players...if u know what i mean
Old 2009-08-14, 00:25   Link #148
Isekaijin

Please, excuse my dumb question. Since I haven't seen the VN I really don't get it at all.

What is the Meta-World? And why does Battler doesn't believe in Beatrice if she herself is a "piece" ? Is he retarded or something?

I know I'm an idiot and I deserve to be burnt like a witch.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:32   Link #149
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Please, excuse my dumb question. Since I haven't seen the VN I really don't get it at all.

What is the Meta-World? And why does Battler doesn't believe in Beatrice if she herself is a "piece" ? Is he retarded or something?

XD It's fine.

Meta-World is a world outside of the game board (Rokkenjima). It's an alternate dimension you can say. As far as that goes, well you have to consider that Beatrice on Rokkenjima might not be the same Beatrice in the portrait. Some people think she's the same, others think different.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:33   Link #150
chronotrig

Quote:

We don't know what the Meta World actually is yet. For now, you just need to know that the Battler from the end of EPI-V is watching EP2 unfold before him, and trying to prove that everything that happens on the game board could have been done without magic.

At first, Battler didn't believe that Beatrice existed at all. Knowing that, Beatrice seems to have placed herself on the board as a piece. Still, even if she exists on the board, that doesn't mean that she's a witch. It's magic that Battler's trying to deny, not the existence of a 19th person.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-14, 00:35   Link #151
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:

Meta-world is like a different dimension (about what's it really I don't know), you can say Battler or Beatrice in that world are like the viewers/players in higher position.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=87 <= you can learn some terms in this post by tcaz2
And remember this, Beatrice maybe there but it doesn't mean she's a witch, except she shows magic in front of Battler (not Battler in meta-world)
Old 2009-08-14, 00:47   Link #152
Isekaijin

But doesn't the existence of the Meta-world is proof enough of magic and Beatrice being a witch? And what about the golden butterflies? Are everyone imagining them then? I mean, if Meta-Battler is the same Battler who was in the first arc as chronotrig said, how can he explain the whole "tea party" thing?

Curse my narrow mind.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:52   Link #153
chronotrig

Quote:
But doesn't the existence of the Meta-world is proof enough of magic and Beatrice being a witch? And what about the golden butterflies? Are everyone imagining them then? I mean, if Meta-Battler is the same Battler who was in the first arc as chronotrig said, how can he explain the whole "tea party" thing?

Curse my narrow mind.
The gold butterflies could easily be a trick, if we see things from Battler's perspective.
Also, the Tea Party Battler seems to think that he has died. Therefore, he is separated from the real world, whether he's in an afterlife, or something else. This way, anything that happens inside the Meta World doesn't matter as far as he's concerned. I guess it's actually more surprising that he believes it when Beatrice says that the 'game board' world is the real world. It's true that Battler can be pretty gullible at times...

At least, that's one way to look at it. We don't know for sure why Battler thinks the way he does. It could be that some key scene is being withheld at this stage...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-14, 01:05   Link #154
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Also, the Tea Party Battler seems to think that he has died.
Spoiler for From the VN:

Anyway, just be patient is all I can say.
Old 2009-08-14, 01:06   Link #155
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just saw the episode and it was a pretty good episode. It was a little confusing when I first watched it, since I have never played the VN, but after I saw it a second time I started to put pieces together I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but well I will let time decide that.

From what I could get is that Battler and Beatrice are playing chess with the people in the island. Every person is a piece of the chessboard, in order for Beatrice to win she has to make Battler to acknowledge her, and in order for Battler to win he has to deny the existence of magic and Beatrice. Well it seems that Beatrice made the first move this episode by putting herself in the game or the chessboard. Well looking forward for the next episode.
Old 2009-08-14, 01:44   Link #156
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaizuUsa View Post
Beato's going to win,hands down. XP
Maybe a few rounds, but in the end it will be Battler's victory, mark my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
It's magic that Battler's trying to deny, not the existence of a 19th person.
Indeed, the presence of a 19th person is actually a big help to Battler, since it means he doesn't have to suspect his family and their servants.

So glad for the mention of the preview being on the official site. I'd been wondering where people were seeing them for a while now.
Old 2009-08-14, 03:55   Link #157
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finally got time to watch the subs.

The Bad:

1. I'm going to go check it later but I'm not too sure how accurate the initial conversation between Krauss and Natsuhi is. I mean come on it's already so blatantly signifies suspicious behavior that it might be downright misleading. I can't check because the upgrade to the complete patch erased my save files for the previous arcs but I should check it out again.

2. While the fade to B&W and Time Freeze is probably the best way to showcase the MetaWorld scenes, it really comes too abrupt and out of the blue for anime watchers to probably grasp. It would have been better if during the first MetaWorld cut there was like a bit of exposition between MetaBattler and Beatrice to clear any confusion that may arise.

3. My biggest complaint would be Rosa's freakouts on Maria. In the VN there's a lot of aggravating events between them that's shown, both before the island and upon arrival, that leads credence to the build up of anger on Rosa's part that leads to her stomping Maria's candy and the usual. Here we're only shown two real scenes that validate (though nothing really validates slapping your daughter) he eventual use of corporal punishment. Without enough background you'd end up concluding that Rosa's simply a temperamental and out of control mother if you didn't know any better.

4. The chapel doesn't look as grand as I thought it would look like.

The Good:

1. I might be the only one who's glad they omitted one of Battler's perverse comments because... that's just so wrong on every level.

2. It's great that they decided to include the island's backstory and similar tales in the episode rather than omit them outright, because it sheds so much light about the island and the family that was really missing in Ep1.

3. Despite the abrupt surprise of the first MetaWorld insertion, the succeeding ones were very well made. I don't really mind the fact that Beato and MetaBattler aren't discussing it in the Tea Room because this way makes the transition more dynamic. Anime-wise, moving between Rokkenjima and the MetaWorld Tea Room breaks the flow of the episode. Having them discuss it during a Time Freeze is more fitting and free flowing.

Not too many things to say about this episode because it's a transitional episode to the when everything begins again, if the preview so says.

Well regardless of what the preview shows, I'm almost positively sure episode 8 is going to be epic.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-14 at 04:00. Reason: Removed a possible spoiler
Old 2009-08-14, 04:00   Link #158
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Suit beato <333.

Now this episode makes me even more convinced that suit beato is different from dress beato. I don't know what makes me think that, but I just think something is a bit off. Just call it illogical intuition.

I loved Maria this episode, despite the occasional misshaped head. And the scene where Battler goes all "TRICK N TREAT" to Maria in the airport, hilarious. I'm looking forward to the future episodes of this anime.

Beatrice's war cry to meta-Battler was epic, as usual. I was anticipating that moment the most this episode. Glad they pulled it off well.
Old 2009-08-14, 04:27   Link #159
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well, what say, Beatrice is always wonderful to see
I really like ohara's voice, and her laughing is perfect xDD
Really liked this epi and suit-beato, and i like when Rosa hit her cause Maria is always creepy
I wait only to see more Battler's objection-mode and more fang for Beato
Old 2009-08-14, 05:30   Link #160
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Finally got time to watch the subs.

The Bad:

3. My biggest complaint would be Rosa's freakouts on Maria. In the VN there's a lot of aggravating events between them that's shown, both before the island and upon arrival, that leads credence to the build up of anger on Rosa's part that leads to her stomping Maria's candy and the usual. Here we're only shown two real scenes that validate (though nothing really validates slapping your daughter) he eventual use of corporal punishment. Without enough background you'd end up concluding that Rosa's simply a temperamental and out of control mother if you didn't know any better.
Yeah, I feel this way as well. It kinda makes me sad because Rosa is one of my favorite characters. I understand that her shift from "SUPER frustrated" to super-crazy in the anime was done mostly because of time constraints, but still... it makes me sad.
Closed Thread