AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 08:25   Link #181
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
That's why EMS Sasuke vs Konoha 11 would be a good fight since Konoha 11 have thousands of ninja backing them up.

I don't think Naruto has enough energy to beat Tobi and Sasuke which is why I think Sasuke may fight someone other then Naruto so Konoha 11 vs Sasuke could happen.

@Ero-Senn1n Sasuke can move very fast so he could run into the Konoha 11 and he seems to be in a similar looking place to them.
I think that'll be kind of ridiculous. No matter how strong he is, an army would simply overwhelm him with sheer numbers. Sasuke would run out of juice in seconds trying to fend off the numbers.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 11:38   Link #182
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think that'll be kind of ridiculous. No matter how strong he is, an army would simply overwhelm him with sheer numbers. Sasuke would run out of juice in seconds trying to fend off the numbers.
Lee and Neji would leave him for dead, no problem.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 11:50   Link #183
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Nagato did fine against the whole of Konoha on his own. While there are no doubt more ninjas here, I doubt they would pose that much more of a challenge to him.

At this point, Sasuke needs to be at least as strong as Nagato to keep up with the stream of power ups that Naruto seems to have got for no good reason.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:02   Link #184
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Does Sasuke even know he's allied with Kabuto who summoned zombie Itachi?
I think that is going to be saved for a later plot point maybe causing Sasuke to turn on kabuto.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:16   Link #185
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ Honestly, it seems more like ZombItachi forces Kabuto to undo Edo Tensei and then kills him before he fades away forever. Just as Madara is about the kill the Kages for the drama. Sasuke will probably never see Kabuto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
In all seriousness, it's funny how those two were once on par with Sasuke only three years ago. Now Sasuke can probably point at them and their fodder heads would explode.

Shikamaru's brain is probably the only hax thing the rookies have that gives them even the slightest chance of stalling a poweruped Sasuke. That and their love for Naruto(yuck).
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:16   Link #186
james0246

Quote:
If he can use Amaterasu without worry for his eyes, then, since the technique is self-sustaining, he could literally destroy thousands of soldiers in the blink of an eye. And when you combine Kirin to the mix, as well as summons (if there is a boss Hawk summon), then it is very conceivable that Sasuke could hold his own against thousands of opponents for enough time for Tobi to come and rescue him.

People seem to misunderstand just how powerful Sasuke, Naruto, Madara, Nagato and Itachi are. These characters are, quite literally, world-shakers. Tides of entire battles (no matter the number of opponents) are turned by their presence.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-02-14 at 13:11.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:34   Link #187
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
When Sasuke trained with Orochimaru he beat 1000 fodder ninja without killing them and a lot of the ninja with the Rookie 9 will be fodder ninja.

EMS Sasuke will probably be stronger then the Rookie 9 (10 with Sakura) combined since he is meant to fight Naruto and he has a complete susanoo now.

And we know Sasuke beat 1000 ninja when he was weaker so its not ridiculous to say Sasuke can win against the Rookie 9 even if they have back up and he may be able to use kirin if the thunder clouds stay.

How will Sasuke "run out of juice in seconds?"

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-14 at 17:43.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 13:17   Link #188
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sasuke could be bringing that storm around with him. I'm expecting some sort of super kirin technique from him in his next fight which would mean that he is controlling the weather.
You mean Sasuke can already control weather? I expect of him being able to do it when he awakens the rinnegan, because Nagato was also able to make rain. But i think it's too early to give Sasuke such a strong power, and more importantly such power should be something that only the rinnegan can handle, and Sasuke does not have the rinnegan yet. Nagato's power over weather was never explained and he never used it in actual battle, also it's a natural idea that if Sasuke ever gains the rinnegan he will have a stronger version of it, which can be used in battle too. And it would also be a natural upgrade to Sasuke's current Kirin, because Kirin without cloud control is not a perfect and ultimate lighting element jutsu if it needs amaterasu spamming and waiting until it results in storm clouds. An amatersu-kirin combo sure is a crazy strong move, but i think if Sasuke gets the cloud/rain control that would make the real ultimate lightning jutsu and also a good enemy sensing jutsu (Naruto already has 2 types of enemy sensing). I mean if Sasuke had rain sensing against the raikage he could have known where he is despite not being able to see him, and that should be true against super-Naruto also.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 14:29   Link #189
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post

The pic above shows how Naruto doesn't get new outfits but Sasuke does (all the time) so its surprising that Kishi didn't give EMS Sasuke a new outfit since Sasuke gets a new outfit when he gets a new power up and EMS is a big power-up / change for him.

It makes me think there may be a time-skip were Sasuke gets a new outfit as well as Naruto but the pic above doesn't include Naruto's cloak for some reason.
i dont want to get my rant on again about this, but for me its not about how many outfits sasuke has got. its about how bad the outfits look, other than his akatski outfit(which only works because it covers up the outfit he has on) everyone in part 2 naruto has some really good outfits expect for. . . wait for it sasuke. i agree a madara type of outfit would be kick ass. and now that we are getting closer to the big bad showdown, the time is right to bust out with a new look. look at naruto supe up outfits in his other power up states. to me that is a new outfit. so with sasuke now pimping out ems, seems to me it is time.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 16:14   Link #190
Artful Dodger

Quote:
No matter how strong he is, an army would simply overwhelm him with sheer numbers. Sasuke would run out of juice in seconds trying to fend off the numbers.
This doesn't make sense. You should consider the phrase quality over quantity. In the past, armies have been given "flee on sight" orders in the event they encounter ninja like Minato, Madara or other ninjas of that caliber. Sasuke, in the past, easily defeated a small army put against him by Orochimaru just for training; and didn't even have to use any lethal techniques (let alone MS/EMS techniques). In this case, against a much larger army, should be able to win(even if the numbers give him somewhat of a hard time) considering the abilities he has at his disposal; especially with his new attitude of not giving a rat's ass if he kills or not.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:09   Link #191
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i dont want to get my rant on again about this, but for me its not about how many outfits sasuke has got. its about how bad the outfits look, other than his akatski outfit(which only works because it covers up the outfit he has on) everyone in part 2 naruto has some really good outfits expect for. . . wait for it sasuke. i agree a madara type of outfit would be kick ass. and now that we are getting closer to the big bad showdown, the time is right to bust out with a new look. look at naruto supe up outfits in his other power up states. to me that is a new outfit. so with sasuke now pimping out ems, seems to me it is time.
Sasuke's outfit looks similar to what some samurai wear so I think it looks cool. I think maybe Kishi kept Naruto's outfit the same since he wanted Naruto to keep the same look so people who don't watch Naruto would recognize him more.

Sasuke may 1st fight the Konoha elders which would be interesting to see how strong they are since they are some of the oldest characters alive.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:36   Link #192
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
This doesn't make sense. You should consider the phrase quality over quantity. In the past, armies have been given "flee on sight" orders in the event they encounter ninja like Minato, Madara or other ninjas of that caliber. Sasuke, in the past, easily defeated a small army put against him by Orochimaru just for training; and didn't even have to use any lethal techniques (let alone MS/EMS techniques). In this case, against a much larger army, should be able to win(even if the numbers give him somewhat of a hard time) considering the abilities he has at his disposal; especially with his new attitude of not giving a rat's ass if he kills or not.
Of course it makes sense, for example, the world champion boxer/karate/ufc/whatever will drop like a sack of shit if outnumbered. Even if Sasuke supposedly can't go blind anymore he'll have stamina issues. It's not like they'll just charge at him blindly in one big cluster to make easy target for one big attack. And what's Sasuke going to do? Spin around like a top shooting black fire balls out of his eyes until they all die? His head will probably explode before he gets all of em.

In this army, there's organization and Variety, it's not just a large group of no name nins throwing kunais and hoping for the best. It's a bunch of no name nins with healing/summoning/various jutu's under the command of respectable named nins.

In previous wars, Ninja's were travelling in groups of 3. Completely different from this situation. I'm 10000000000% certain Minato would shit his pants if surrounded by tens of thousands. That or teleport away, only an idiot will test himself against those odds.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 19:08   Link #193
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
People seem to misunderstand just how powerful Sasuke, Naruto, Madara, Nagato and Itachi are. These characters are, quite literally, world-shakers. Tides of entire battles (no matter the number of opponents) are turned by their presence.
Those characters are only as powerful as Kishimoto chooses to make them at that moment. Plot dictates everything. Naruto has gone from a guy who looks badly outclassed to the most powerful force in the universe. Sometimes in the same fight.

You are only as powerful as your plot shield. Jiraiya was a lot stronger than Tenten. But her plot shield was superior. Sasuke can kill thousands of fodder with Kirin. But it miraculously won't claim the life of a single Konoha 12 member.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 19:19   Link #194
Casshern

Quote:
only an idiot will test himself against those odds.
...or a main character in a shounen manga.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 22:23   Link #195
ntherblast

Quote:
Wait so i am pretty sure naruto could take them all on but you are saying saskue doesnt stand a chance? I guess the naruto vs saskue fight wont be even then
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:31   Link #196
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Lee and Neji weren't good enough to catch up with an armless Deidara, had trouble dealing with the 10% water clone of a 30% Kisame and had a hard time fighting Zetsu clones. They're utterly out of their depth.
Quote:
Numbers stopped meaning anything to powerful characters a long time ago.
Sasuke already dealt with at least a thousand fodders with ease and that was 3 or 4 power-up ago. Most if not all Kage level ninja can slaughter fodders in the thousands without breaking a sweat and a really powerful ones like Edo Madara virtually wiped out an entire division -a village worth of ninja- with a single move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
You are only as powerful as your plot shield. Jiraiya was a lot stronger than Tenten. But her plot shield was superior. Sasuke can kill thousands of fodder with Kirin. But it miraculously won't claim the life of a single Konoha 12 member.
That's true, however even if from a plot perspective the rookies won't be killed off, they won't be able to put a dent in Sasuke either.
They might do better than they should if Kishimoto wanted to make that their moment under the sun but I doubt it, this time already passed and Naruto already warned them off Sasuke.
Naruto's always right, that's just the way it is. If they go against his wish, they're going to need saving.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 01:17   Link #197
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

ppl keep mentioning Tenten's plot shield, but I don't remember at any point that she risked death? Or is this just pointing out how shes still alive throughout the manga?
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 01:21   Link #198
james0246

Chapter 574 discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread. Otherwise, please continue to use this thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:06   Link #199
Squire James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Besides, the Inverse Ninja Law applies even here to an extent! The Konoha 11 would be wise to dismiss the army and patrol the area in groups of 2 or 3. Aside from the bonus they get for Acting Conveniently Stupid, they also get the Small Number of Elite Ninja bonus.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naruto, weekly spoiler discussion