AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 15:57   Link #41
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Given the amount of tears that were claimed to have been shed at it's finale, I'm surprised no one mentioned Tasogare Otome x Amnesia from Spring this year One of my personal favorite Supernatural Story as well.
Really?
I personally had to face-palm at the ending considering how predictable it was.
Old 2012-11-23, 18:52   Link #42
Xarvi

Almost done watching Aishiteruze Baby and so far It's been fantastic, there are some things I don't like about it, but it's REALLY good IMO! It has some really amazing "side stories" and you really get attached to the characters.
Really good Tear-Jerker!
Xarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 21:32   Link #43
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
Agree, that OVA was so sad... I would say that anyone who didn't at least shared a tear at the end is a total jerk.

Yup, both of them are really good and both really sad...

Yeah, it was sad. I would wish they make more anime like Hotarubi.
Agreed. I was actually surprised to see that no one had mentioned any of these titles, especially Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and Sola. I almost always see those two paired with the oft-mentioned classic Kyoto Animation titles.

I've come across many people who disliked Kobato. because of the titular protagonist (too clumsy, too "goody-goody," et cetera), but I truly feel that those people are missing the point of the show. I will say that I wish they had gone into more detail about certain elements though.

I, too, wish they would make more features like Hotarubi no Mori e. Not only was beautifully crafted and extremely poignent, but it also succeeded in avoiding the pitfall of dragging on and on to the point where the melancholia has a chance to wear off.
Old 2012-11-25, 22:17   Link #44
Xarvi

Just finished Chrono Crusade, and I feel horrible. Must go to Youtube and watch kittens or something..
Old 2012-11-25, 22:58   Link #45
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarvi View Post
Just finished Chrono Crusade, and I feel horrible. Must go to Youtube and watch kittens or something..
Yeah this one is really up there when it comes to downer endings:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-25, 23:41   Link #46
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

tokyo magnitude 8.0 has one of the saddest last arcs ever

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 05:50   Link #47
Xarvi

Just finished AnoHana, I honestly didn't think it was *that* good, but still couldn't help to shed a few tears.
Old 2012-11-28, 07:26   Link #48
kitten320

Well it did have several annoying things like for example why couldn't Menma just move things before and stop Jinta from looking like a retard.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:44   Link #49
Xarvi

Now I'll add Code Geass(season 1+2, 50EP), I.. it was brilliant, the first season was.. lacking.. Or at least not much of a tear-yerker, but the second season was amazing for that topic.
It's not a lot of romance, but there's a lot of love. I was really touched by the characters and I found this to be a very enjoyable anime, thus i highly recommend it if you like action with a lot of drama.

Last edited by Xarvi; 2012-11-28 at 21:57.
Old 2012-11-28, 22:57   Link #50
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Lots of great suggestions here; recommend you look into some of them closely on a details page and seeing if it's what you'll like.

I've only really properly cried through two series before, and those are Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shirai and Clannad: After Story. Fantastic series, very emotionally connecting. I actually came close on episode 20 of THE iDOLM@STER, veeeery close. That's a surprisingly good series if you don't mind the cutesy elements of it. Didn't make me cry, but I also agree that Kobato is more enjoyable than people make it out to be; it's simplistic in nature, but that simplicity compliments the elements so well.

For similar suggestions to what you liked:

Ano Natsu de Matteru is from the same creators of Ano Hana. Whilst not as effective in my opinion, it's quite enjoyable still.

No clear evidence of it yet, but for a continuation of KEY VN adaptations, Little Busters! is running at the moment. It's only a few episodes in, so one could expect the heartstrings-tugging to present itself along the way once more.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica may vary from person to person, but it's pretty dark and may be to your preference.

Might end up liking this for other reasons, but there are some good emotional moments in Steins;Gate. One heck of a series and I'd recommend it regardless.

Toradora! is my favourite slice-of-life series of all time, and it's beautifully done all throughout. Would definitely be worth a shot.

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for. :3
Old 2012-11-29, 10:31   Link #51
Senden

Quite a comprehensive set of recommendations, most of which are spot on and highly recommended. To add, tale of melodies, seeing as only memories was on the list. Also possibly Basilisk? It's very action orientated but it's essentially Romeo and Juliet but with ninjas. On that note Romeo x Juliet has it's moments. Welcome to the NHK also will tug on your heart strings at times, it's a comedy for the most part and a damn good one but there is enough good scenes to deserve a mention.

Hmm on top of that, I can't remember their names but there is a recent one about a love triangle with a flower store widow, a man and her dead husband who is a ghost. It's a lot better than it sounds and it handles dealing with death of loved ones in a mature sad manner. The other being one about dress designers and an aspiring model. Can't remember much more about it but that's got it's sad moments too and a good slice of life anime.
Senden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:54   Link #52
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senden View Post
Hmm on top of that, I can't remember their names but there is a recent one about a love triangle with a flower store widow, a man and her dead husband who is a ghost.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 12:58   Link #53
Violet Rabbit

I personally had to cry at the beginning of AKB0048 and the end of Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers. Also mostly ones that were already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Really?
I personally had to face-palm at the ending considering how predictable it was.
Yes, but my tears happened before that lame ending, and I'm sure some other's as well.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 14:29   Link #54
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
I personally had to cry at the beginning of AKB0048
I'm not shy about crying while watching programs with emotional material, but what exactly about the beginning of AKB0048 made you cry? Maybe you meant the end of the first episode when Nagisa races to catch the transport ship? I got a little dewy then myself, I must admit.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 15:27   Link #55
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not shy about crying while watching programs with emotional material, but what exactly about the beginning of AKB0048 made you cry? Maybe you meant the end of the first episode when Nagisa races to catch the transport ship? I got a little dewy then myself, I must admit.
I meant like the first episode kind of beginning. Yeah, that was where I meant.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 04:01   Link #56
jesh462

I just realized that I didn't actually suggest the anime that immediately came to mind: Full Moon wo Sagashite.
It's one of my all time favorites. The first season does have a slow pace, and may not get any tears from you, just laughs. The second season though really picks up the plot and emotions surge. The ending is just spectacular. If you make it through every episode without shedding a tear, you're probably a sociopath. As you can see from the link, it has a very high rating. That's because it's awesome.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 04:37   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesh462 View Post
I just realized that I didn't actually suggest the anime that immediately came to mind: Full Moon wo Sagashite.
It's one of my all time favorites. The first season does have a slow pace, and may not get any tears from you, just laughs. The second season though really picks up the plot and emotions surge. The ending is just spectacular. If you make it through every episode without shedding a tear, you're probably a sociopath. As you can see from the link, it has a very high rating. That's because it's awesome.
I second this. Watched it when I was in uni (more than 10 years ago), but nevertheless I'd still highly recommend it.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 15:49   Link #58
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
I personally had to cry at the beginning of AKB0048 and the end of Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers. Also mostly ones that were already said.

Yes, but my tears happened before that lame ending, and I'm sure some other's as well.
Well that's the thing. I knew what would happen so it had no effect on me, I just wanted them to get to the point already >.<
A uselessly dragged episode in my opinion
If they went ahead with it, it would be sad.
Old 2012-12-03, 18:12   Link #59
Xarvi

I haven't given up on the thread, I'm just running low on animes to watch.. Or rather those that I have watched so far doesn't fit in this thread. But please do keep on commenting if you stumble upon a great anime!
Old 2012-12-03, 18:23   Link #60
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I cried at the ending of being Reinforce (and probably while shouting at beliefs while fighting)

Anyway....
Code Geass is a tear jerker but it was probably listed...
Anything Key was listed...
Ano Hana is done...
Probably every tear jerker was listed