AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 19 35.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-02, 22:10   Link #141
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
It is wierd that Ryuko opposes to fight against Fiber using Senketsu but had no problems to use him to try to kill Satsuki?
That was before Ryuko knew the truth. Now she think it's like forcing Senketsu to fight his own kind.
Old 2014-02-03, 01:10   Link #142
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Ragyo is likely a willing host for Life Fibers, being semi-human at that.
I'll see that, and raise you a "willing host now". Whether or not she was initially, or went into it knowing fully what she was getting into, is still up in the air. Either way, I'd bet dollars to donuts that that Ragyo, the one who discovered the Primordial Life-Fiber/Sun Thingy™ is currently about as existent as Takarada's constipation issues.

Ooh... Too soon...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Nui stands out more as the possible Life Fiber in disguise given her feats so far.
A T-800 plushie. Living, bleeding meat on the outside (at least at the eyes), polyfill (and life fibers) on the inside. The more I look at her, the more I think that katakana "NUI" on her face isn't an eyepatch so much as it's just literally a patch.

EDIT:
Looking back at the episode again, I noticed that Nui most likely killed the helicopter pilot(s). You can't really tell from the front but when they pan back along the side of the copter, you can see that the other pilot in the cockpit with her is either passed out or dead (head tilted slightly forward, arms dangling at his side). Nui doesn't exactly seem like the "knock them out" type, so...

Hope REVOCS offers good life insurance to their employees, because I doubt this is an uncommon occurrence...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-02-03 at 03:00.
Old 2014-02-03, 04:13   Link #143
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
EDIT:
Looking back at the episode again, I noticed that Nui most likely killed the helicopter pilot(s). You can't really tell from the front but when they pan back along the side of the copter, you can see that the other pilot in the cockpit with her is either passed out or dead (head tilted slightly forward, arms dangling at his side). Nui doesn't exactly seem like the "knock them out" type, so...

Hope REVOCS offers good life insurance to their employees, because I doubt this is an uncommon occurrence...
To quote Abridged!Freeza: "We have more of those things back at the base."

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-03, 04:51   Link #144
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:

EDIT:

Huh? I thought the "co-pilot" looked like one of her puppets like from episode 13.
Old 2014-02-03, 05:46   Link #145
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Huh? I thought the "co-pilot" looked like one of her puppets like from episode 13.
Could have been. The whole scene's pretty dark, as are the pilot uniforms, so it's not too easy for me to make it out. I'll have to look at it again. Not complaining, as it gives me another opportunity to hear Yukari Tamura do her hilarious Satsuki impression...
Old 2014-02-03, 07:04   Link #146
Tiberium Wolf

Check at 5:17. The legs and arms are doll like. That's a doll.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:13   Link #147
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Check at 5:17. The legs and arms are doll like. That's a doll.
I'll take your word for it.

To change the subject, after reading discussion on Reddit, I will no longer be referring to the Primordial Life-Fiber/Sun Thingy™ as the Primordial Life-Fiber/Sun Thingy™, and will instead be referring to it as some variation on "Lavos", for what I should hope are obvious reasons.
Old 2014-02-03, 09:30   Link #148
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The internet is fast
Old 2014-02-03, 12:05   Link #149
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I'll take your word for it.

To change the subject, after reading discussion on Reddit, I will no longer be referring to the Primordial Life-Fiber/Sun Thingy™ as the Primordial Life-Fiber/Sun Thingy™, and will instead be referring to it as some variation on "Lavos", for what I should hope are obvious reasons.
Why not go instead with "Black Moon" or "Egg of Lilith". For equally obvious reasons.

Old 2014-02-03, 15:16   Link #150
Candyshark

To be honest after some thought the evolution part starts to bother me. Why would Life-Fiber try to evolve human species if we are ment to be harvested? Do I want cows and chickens get intellegent? I don't want food to voice its protests. Not smartest move from superrior (which I highly doubt) sentient alien form to lay dormant and let humanity to do whatever they want. You don't leave Grand Scheme to selfregulate. Me as slavedriver won't bring slaves to equal to me.

If they went dormant does it mean human are already there where they can be used for their agenda? If no why did they drop the "project" midway? In light of these question Life Fiber looks like a great and benevolent contributer.
Old 2014-02-03, 15:25   Link #151
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Why not go instead with "Black Moon" or "Egg of Lilith". For equally obvious reasons.
Because I like Chrono Trigger more than I like Evangelion? Also there's the whole "influencing humanity's development" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
To be honest after some thought the evolution part starts to bother me. Why would Life-Fiber try to evolve human species if we are ment to be harvested? Do I want cows and chickens get intellegent? I don't want food to voice its protests. Not smartest move from superrior (which I highly doubt) sentient alien form to lay dormant and let humanity to do whatever they want. You don't leave Grand Scheme to selfregulate. Me as slavedriver won't bring slaves to equal to me.

If they went dormant does it mean human are already there where they can be used for their agenda? If no why did they drop the "project" midway? In light of these question Life Fiber looks like a great and benevolent contributer.
Life Fibers eat the electrical energy created by a host's nervous system. The more intelligent the host, the more complex it is, and thus the more electrical energy its nervous system is going to create.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:45   Link #152
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Because I like Chrono Trigger more than I like Evangelion? Also there's the whole "influencing humanity's development" thing.
Yup, I like it best too. But Eva was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Life Fiber since... well, Lilith's Egg did that too (or rather, was the source of humanity's evolution vs. Adam, which would have caused the Angels to become the dominant species). And the Life Fiber Bundle kinda looked like an egg, while Lavos was more of a... giant armadillo thing, I guess? At least its outer shell. And the COVERS plan makes me think of Instrumentality.

Plus I'm still not convinced the Life Fiber is really evil and parasitic, and that's why I shun a bit away from the Lavos comparison. I think that's just Nudist Beach's way to read into things, but I don't like their way of reasoning a lot - especially Tsumugu's, who sounds quite the fanatic. I still think the only real evil at work here is Ragyo.

Old 2014-02-04, 21:48   Link #153
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I can't accept any of this. I want to, I really want to because they do such a god damn amazing job executing the entire thing, from animating it, voicing it, the whole package is just so GOOD. But I can't. I mean sure there was a time where wind surfing robots made me cringe, and then I fell in love with Eureka 7 but the explanation just goes past my threshold. Sentient alien beings masquerading around as clothing is hilarious. It's some crazy spin on the matrix kinda sorta.

Well whatever. I'll keep with it till the end.

lol aliens

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2014-02-05, 04:03   Link #154
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That's one way to do a recap. I was actually genuinely disappointed when Senketsu went all, 'it's time for a recap!' so that segment made me feel so relieved.

I felt kinda underwhelmed by the Life Fibers explanation. Really? Well, at least it didn't end up sounding overly cheesy or such. Got a couple of Eva vibes from it. And more Aikuro and Mako are always welcome.

This episode also showed a much more vulnerable side of Satsuki. She came off more as a victim of sorts this time - being worn out by her Junketsu, sexually abused by her mother. In the end, no matter how powerful she is, she's still under Ragyo's watchful eyes and bound to follow her 'rules' (that bath scene told more than we needed) whereas Ryuuko, despite not having all that wealth and power, is more carefree and leads a life of her own. It's pretty clear that Satsuki has a plan of her own, and will definitely be up against Ragyo in the future. And with Ryuuko, most likely.
Old 2014-02-05, 06:17   Link #155
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

cute ending and better opening...

well, it's little surprising to hear Life Fibers origin...
judging from the opening, we could conclude that Ryuko and Satsuki are facing same enemy which means they're going to join hand together soon
although until now I still didn't get Ryuko's way of thinking....
why she suddenly strips?
Closed Thread