AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-01, 12:47   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

uchiha itachi

i'm pretty familiar with the manga, and i know that itachi is considered one of the strongest shinobi shown in the story so far. i also know that he uses a form of the sharigan called the mangekyou, which he obtained supposedly by killing his best friend. however, is itachi considered a genius without the mangekyou? i mean as far as his ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu go? because in my own personal opinion, yondaime had the greatest shinobi skills. anyway, just wanted to know.

Last edited by yamato_D; 2006-04-01 at 15:01.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 12:58   Link #2
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Yes he is. He graduated from the Konoha Ninja Academy at 8 and joined ANBU at 13 or something... No other shinobi did that before.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:02   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

But he was able to use Sharingan when he was already 8 years...

In my opinion...any person able to unlock Sharingan at such a young age is already considred a genius.
Old 2006-04-01, 14:20   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

Yes, Itachi is a genius. Maybe not without the Sharingan, but he certainly was before he had MS.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 15:04   Link #5
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

i see. i kind of hope they show more of itachi's skills in the future then. because the mangekyou is cool and all, but it's kinda boring. is there any requirement as to obtaining the regular sharingan though? it seems like some sort of dramatic moment has to occur, but not sure.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 15:15   Link #6
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Itachi is my favorite bad guy. I would like to agree that hes a genius for the reasons that were already stated in previous posts.

I havent really seen much of Yondaime, maybe cus i stopped watching the series after the filler arc started, do they mention him anywhere recently? (manga and anime)
Old 2006-04-01, 17:59   Link #7
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Yondaime is a genius though...just like Orochimaru, Neji and Sasuke

Shikamaru a genius as for strategy
Lee a genius of hardwork
Tsunade/Sakura a genius of chakra control
Jiraiya a genius of perverts..(Kakashi is the hardworking type in this case )
Old 2006-04-03, 09:52   Link #8
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Lee a genius of hardwork
Don't want to be a dick about it... but also for gates-opening and lotus-performing.

Last edited by ri0; 2006-04-03 at 10:06.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 10:08   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I dont mind at all...but i think that he achieved his gate things "because" of his hardwork.
Old 2006-04-03, 10:14   Link #10
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
I dont mind at all...but i think that he achieved his gate things "because" of his hardwork.
Well, Kakashi did say that “this is something (Opening 5 gates) that you can’t accomplish just by Hardwork, this kid (Lee) is a genius”.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 10:15   Link #11
ri0

Don't think so... as Kakashi said: "This isn't about hardwork... this kid is a genius". Or something like that...

I think Gates is just like Jutsu-udnerstanding... but only people who have talent can achieve it. I rather think the other way round than you... that it is impossible to be reached by hardwork^^
Old 2006-04-03, 10:27   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Correct...i know Kakashi said that...still...without hardwork he couldn't have achieved that move. Lee may have had some talent to succeed in that technique but to call him a genius right away is kinda fast dont you think?

Just an assumption (about Genius) about this Lotus and Gates..

1*(star) : some talent
2*: talented
3*: very talented
4*: genius
5*: prodigy

I would estimate Lee 4 star (genius of hardwork) and either 2-3 star as far as Lotus and/or Gates concerned. Obviously...that's my opinion.
Old 2006-04-03, 10:28   Link #13
ri0

Well yeah Lotus I would consider as hardwork also... but above you said gates. I guess just a misunderstanding.
Old 2006-11-02, 23:01   Link #14
Raziel_Redel

Itachi

I could be way off on this , but is there any reason to believe that Itachi is Itachi? Just go with me for a second here. Up until the death of his best friend Shisui Itachi was, as far as we know a very good brother. He took care of Sasuke when he was injured and even went so far as to defy his father just so Sasuke would get his wish of having their father attend his entrance ceremony. A few nights later Itachi has an argument with their father about a secret mission that he can't tell anyone about, and then the next day he is accused of killing his best friend Shisui.

What if Shisui killed Itachi instead and took Itachi's place ? We have a character who uses the Henge jutsu everyday (Tsunade) with seemingly no effect on either her fighting skills or a large amount of drain on Chakra. If Shisui has killed Itachi you might say that the Sharingan would pierce the illusion. Well the Mangekyo Sharingan has been used for some extremely powerful Genjutsu in the past, so why wouldn't it be able to take such a low level Jutsu and make it more powerful?

Now you might ask what is the point of all this elaborate scheming? Well if we are to believe "Itachi" you gain the Mangekyo by killing your best friend. A best friend is an extremely close link, but one's brother could be even closer, especially to someone like Sasuke whose relationship with his brother has consumed his life. Perhaps in severing that bond "Itachi" believes that he will gain an even greater power.

Any thoughts?
Raziel_Redel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:35   Link #15
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Well so far, we know that Itachi was and is one of the strongest and smartest shinobi in Naruto. Unless Kishi tells us more about Shisui and if he was stronger and smarter than Itachi, we'll never know if that actually happened.
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:49   Link #16
Raziel_Redel

Yes true there isn't alot of information about Shisui, but there is a little. In chapter 222 on page 8, one of the Uchiha who come for Itachi says that "He was feared as Shisui of the mirage and one of the most talented Uchiha." to which Itachi interestingly enough replies, "You should not judge others by your preconceptions and their appearances."
Raziel_Redel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 00:07   Link #17
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Yes he is. He graduated from the Konoha Ninja Academy at 8 and joined ANBU at 13 or something... No other shinobi did that before.
Actually he was ANBU Captain at 13!
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 00:12   Link #18
Sogoro
Desu

I thought Kakashi was a Genius from his clan or w/e. Cant remember, I thought it was said somewhere were his father was mentioned.

Also I'm a bit confused tool; in the Naruto Movie, the one with teh Ice Princess. Why was Kakashi there to begin with or is he really from that country. I couldnt distinguish this from watching the anime and reading the manga.
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 01:08   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel_Redel View Post
I could be way off on this , but is there any reason to believe that Itachi is Itachi? Just go with me for a second here. Up until the death of his best friend Shisui Itachi was, as far as we know a very good brother. He took care of Sasuke when he was injured and even went so far as to defy his father just so Sasuke would get his wish of having their father attend his entrance ceremony. A few nights later Itachi has an argument with their father about a secret mission that he can't tell anyone about, and then the next day he is accused of killing his best friend Shisui.

What if Shisui killed Itachi instead and took Itachi's place ? We have a character who uses the Henge jutsu everyday (Tsunade) with seemingly no effect on either her fighting skills or a large amount of drain on Chakra. If Shisui has killed Itachi you might say that the Sharingan would pierce the illusion. Well the Mangekyo Sharingan has been used for some extremely powerful Genjutsu in the past, so why wouldn't it be able to take such a low level Jutsu and make it more powerful?

Now you might ask what is the point of all this elaborate scheming? Well if we are to believe "Itachi" you gain the Mangekyo by killing your best friend. A best friend is an extremely close link, but one's brother could be even closer, especially to someone like Sasuke whose relationship with his brother has consumed his life. Perhaps in severing that bond "Itachi" believes that he will gain an even greater power.

Any thoughts?
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was stated that Shisui's murdered body was found. If this is true, then Shisui can't be posing as Itachi because it's not possible to perform Henge on a corpse. So they would've found the body of Itachi. Otherwise, I guess it's possible. That'd be quite a twist.

Itachi is a genius any way you look at it. Even without his MS, his skills at least rival Kakashi's who is also a genius himself. But it is likely that his skills surpass that of Kakashi's. Abilites he's demonstrated so far include:

- being able to counter any genjutsu
- powerful taijutsu (one kick sends Kurenai flying several feet, even blocked)
- powerful genjustu (non-Tsukuyomi)
- forming hand seals so fast that they are never seen
- exploding KB technique (so far, a justu that's unique to him)
- being able to counter chidori with one hand
- almost unbelieveable accuracy with shuriken and kunai

I don't know how Itachi would compare to Yondaime in terms of skill. I would think they'd be on a similar level, with Yondaime maybe slightly surpassing Itachi.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 01:17   Link #20
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
I don't know how Itachi would compare to Yondaime in terms of skill. I would think they'd be on a similar level, with Yondaime maybe slightly surpassing Itachi.
With or without the MS he really has no comparison to Yondaime .

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was stated that Shisui's murdered body was found. If this is true, then Shisui can't be posing as Itachi because it's not possible to perform Henge on a corpse. So they would've found the body of Itachi. Otherwise, I guess it's possible. That'd be quite a twist.
I don't think it was stated but how would they know he'd been drowned if they didn't find a body anyway. Although Shisui was known as Shisui of the mirage or something.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote