AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 00:19   Link #6301
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Touma - I think you are confusing progression with enjoyment. Higher tier doesn't must equal more fun. Plenty of people enjoy playing the lower tiers, this game isn't exactly a traditional MMO where the game starts at max level.

I personally enjoy my tier 8s, 9s, and 10s, but I know there are plenty of players who never go above tier 8 in public matches, and only play their tier 10s in clan wars or if a platoonmate requests it.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:31   Link #6302
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

But mow mow if you been playing either since beta or since GUP anime came out surely you would have at least gotten past tier a high tier, this should mean you enjoyted playing while climbing up a tier. is it really that hard to get up tier 9, i mean all you need to do is dailies for a tier 8 tank and you'll eventually unlock it. it can be worst than trying to unlock the m4 and t1 and healer using only the lee or unlocking the chaffee. which i've done both without free xping.

@ leo neither have i but i still manage to have fun.

@ Q, yes but still wouldn't most clan that if you join one would require a tier 9 or 10... not that MUP is forcing ppl to get one, but at least try soloing isn't fun anymore... if u've noticed even tier 4 seems unwinable and I'm on the matilda..... like ES said earlier me and him are starting to lose interest in tankering. WG can't seem to make MM give better rounds for us.

@ lowegear, i do agree tier 5 and 6 are the best tiers if you don't end up in a tier 7 or 8 game.... which i find myself in when i am pubbing. even my matilda gets tier 6 or 7 games. ever since they did 8.5 my games have been 2 or 3 tiers higher than my own when soloed.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-13 at 00:52.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:31   Link #6303
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quite honestly, I do not feel that I'm competent at anything above tier 8. I don't believe I've ever "carried" a team at tier 10.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:34   Link #6304
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Quite honestly, I do not feel that I'm competent at anything above tier 8. I don't believe I've ever "carried" a team at tier 10.
If a sad Brit HT can carry a team then any Tier 10 HT can

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-05-13 at 00:38. Reason: NVM thats is the wrong screenshot i think i deleted or over wrote.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:35   Link #6305
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

KT, again, you are missing the point. It doesn't matter if people started playing since BETA, or even ALPHA. It matters if people are enjoying the tier they are in. Maybe they don't want to play Tier 9, maybe they didn't buy one, maybe they don't care for a Tier 9 as much as they do 5 ~ 8.

So what if you can daily everyday and get a Tier 9 or 10? People don't want it, because thats not where they find enjoyment. This is a game, enjoyment comes first.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:45   Link #6306
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*Has been playing since Open Beta and still has yet to have a Tier X*

Well, if my old account didn't get hacked, I would have a Tier X tank by now. But, even I find myself playing mainly Tier 5-6 tanks now, because I find they're the tiers that are the most fun.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:52   Link #6307
Pen3

I think i kind of understand what douchebag was saying since i do pretty good on a PzIV, but it doesn't improve your skills at all. It's just seal clubbing. That 11800xp game i got on PzIV was just my x5 and i haven't touch it since unless a plat wants to play tier 5. I also feel the same with KV1S and T29... there is just nothing to learn from it anymore. Youre going to have to move up and learn the how tier 9-10 games work and be successful in it and maybe bring that skill to your company battles. If your Tier9-10 tanks are under 1200 eff in pub then you need to play some more. The 9-10 games are totally different just like when you went from tier1-3 to 4-6 and 7-8.

Maybe Touma just wants you to challenge yourself some but you cant understand his chinese.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-05-13 at 01:03.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:08   Link #6308
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
If a sad Brit HT can carry a team then any Tier 10 HT can
Garbad rated the FV above IS-7, 113, Maus and the same as IS-4.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:59   Link #6309
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I knew absolutely nothing about tanks but I got to where I am now in less than 5 months, I didn't complain about getting there but the rounds have been like fishing in zone with no fish. Basically it gets boring when no one wants to plat when I ask.
Old 2013-05-13, 02:03   Link #6310
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I knew absolutely nothing about tanks but I got to where I am now in less than 5 months, I didn't complain about getting there but the rounds have been like fishing in zone with no fish. Basically it gets boring when no one wants to plat when I ask.
You should make more friends! I've had plenty of good platoons from just inviting people who I enjoyed teaming up with in random matches.
Old 2013-05-13, 02:11   Link #6311
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

It look like only I have out of clan friends in MUP, you guys should socialize with the WoT community more.

anyway Touma, just shoot me a message when you want to plat.

and Mow, it easier for you to find a platmate cause everyone want to plat with unicum.
Old 2013-05-13, 02:29   Link #6312
Pen3

Sometimes i msg random people from game or from MUP and plat with them lol
Old 2013-05-13, 02:41   Link #6313
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
It look like only I have out of clan friends in MUP, you guys should socialize with the WoT community more.
Unfortunately WoT community is too hostile and volatile for me

make sense since the game is about was. so the forum also a battlefiled :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:45   Link #6314
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post

anyway Touma, just shoot me a message when you want to plat.

and Mow, it easier for you to find a platmate cause everyone want to plat with unicum.
I'm a fake unicum
Old 2013-05-13, 02:48   Link #6315
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I'm a fake unicum
doesnt matter it still blue

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:48   Link #6316
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I'm a fake unicum
no need to be modest, you are one true unicum.

or at least better than all of us here.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:26   Link #6317
12ice

Since people are actually holding a discussion about the clan, I might as well vent what I've noticed personally over the last couple days/weeks.
  1. Clan Member Progress: I think KT does have a point here, even if it wasn't al that well stated. We need our members to be grinding up, not bumming around in lower tier tanks. Different tier brackets have their own dynamics, and like it or not, we're going to have to make the effort to get acclimatized to tier 8-10 game play.

Playing 1000 games with the PzIII might be fun, but it's wasted effort as far as the clan's preparation for CW is concerned. Those with a tier X tank or several might be at liberty to "have fun"--the rest of us need to put grinding as our first priority. I've personally begun grinding up both the German and UK med lines, with 2 tier 7s and 1 tier 8.
  2. Clan Atmosphere: While I'm not pointing fingers, it has been my impression that the atmosphere within the clan isn't as positive or constructive as it could be. While collectively bemoaning pubbies does occasionally help vent frustration, such whining seem a bit too prevalent within MUP. This sort of atmosphere is not conducive to self-actualization and progress: it is just shifting blame. And let's face it: most of our stats aren't that much better than the pubbies'. We need to be more introspective and look to ourselves.
  3. Member Participation: CW is serious business and requires frequent participation. While it doesn't matter now, since a lot of us don't have CW tanks, it will become an issue when we're at that stage of development. CW is a group activity: we need team players who are willing to make mutual commitments to better themselves.

Basically, our problem is that we have set CW as our goal, but don't make enough effort as a group to have a chance of actualizing it. We're lacking mutual commitment, where everyone is pitching in.

My recommendations are:
  • More practice sessions: We need more practice sessions, both to get used to team tactics as individuals and to train our callers. And we must force people to attend them. In fact, we should be kicking out members who refuse to partake in group activities without good excuses such as bronchitis. I suggest two or three sessions a week with at least one attendance required a week. This will also serve clean up our roster. Doesn't matter if we have 50 members if only 10 are active--I'd rather have 20 active people instead.
  • Require Ventrilo Installation: Similar rationale as above. If someone can't spare literally 5 minutes to install ventrilo, MUP doesn't need them.
  • Put the focus on Grinding: Make people grind up the tech tree. Every member without a tier 9 or 10 should be required to grind to at least 1 tier 9. Yes, it isn't pleasant, but MUP is not forcing people to grind specific lines aka "CW tanks". Grinding a line that you supposedly like shouldn't a chore, so do it.
  • Recruit from the WoT Community: We need an infusion of new people who are willing to learn, improve, and have a positive attitude. We've basically exhausted Animesuki as a recruiting source--we need to cast our net wider.
  • Tighten Up Recruitment: In connection to above, while being accommodative feels nice, if the bulk of the recruits are non-committal, the whole "mutual commitment" thing breaks down. Officers should discuss more stringent requirements that promotes excellence, and the requirements should be progressively tightened as we approach CW status.

Overall, we should be promoting a culture of excellence and positive attitude within MUP. If we, as an organization, make a credible commitment to CW preparation, everything will fall into place.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 05:59   Link #6318
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This game is absolutely brutal to newbies. I just installed this game 2 or 3 days ago and I'm already thinking of uninstalling it.

Or maybe I just suck. I'm beginning to think it's a distinct possibility. I'm always getting taken out in the first 5 minutes of the match, whether or not I sit behind cover. I'm always getting either sniped or flanked by tank destroyers. It's quite frustrating.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:04   Link #6319
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This game is absolutely brutal to newbies. I just installed this game 2 or 3 days ago and I'm already thinking of uninstalling it.

Or maybe I just suck. I'm beginning to think it's a distinct possibility. I'm always getting taken out in the first 5 minutes of the match, whether or not I sit behind cover. I'm always getting either sniped or flanked by tank destroyers. It's quite frustrating.
what your ingame name? I will platoon with you and see what you do wrong, and yes, it brutal for newbies.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:28   Link #6320
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The thing is, 12ice, I don't want to play CW. I don't even like TC. If I'm brutally honest, I'm only there for clan duty, otherwise I have more fun solopubbing or platooning. In fact, I'm not going to bother with it anymore. It takes forever to set up, people randomly getting in and leaving, takes forever to load, and then we die in 5 minutes in a game that doesn't really see tactics all that much more sophisticated than public games and considerably less tank diversity [where's the brilliant chessboard maneuver again?].

And frankly, I'm not operating well with the clan. I don't know why -- maybe I lack teamwork, maybe I need space to play, maybe I need enemy teams to have some measure of inherent chaos so my mediums can take advantage, maybe I found the clan's attempts at TC lacking in coherence and tactical sophistication -- but I suck in TC and you don't need me there.

If that makes me deadweight to the clan, fine, kick me out when you need room.

As for whining, yeah I vent. I need to. Today was another horrible day (just ask Tempester/RRW). And if even a clan chat is not "safe space" for venting, then adieu. :/

P.S. For people without premium accounts, playing tiers 9 and 10 cost dearly. FYI.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks