AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 05:13   Link #1161
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Spoiler for the IBN 5100:
Spoiler for IBN:
Old 2011-05-25, 05:21   Link #1162
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Spoiler for disappearance of IBN 5100:
Huh? It was Daru who hacked SERN indeed, and they were able to read some of the stuff there. But some of the emails or something were in code so the IBN was used for that.

Also it's rather obvious what happened to the IBN. I was always suspicious of Moeka, and I knew she would steal the IBN if she got a chance to do so. With that said, she lied to Okarin, didn't show the mail after writing it and sent the location to the past so Okarin never got it. Kurisu and others of course know about d-mail since it's the microwave doing the work, not the IBN. Though does this mean that now Kurisu and others, except Okarin, have no memory of the '' Human is Dead '' experiments?

Anxious to see how the next episode starts, and will Okarin find out that the experiment was actually a success. If he does, how is he going to explain to the others that Ruka was a boy .. Even with time traveling and such, it seems rather far fetched to change the gender by eating vegetables. Speaking of which, if all they did was send numbers to a pager, how did Ruka's mum read it? How do those pagers even work?
Old 2011-05-25, 06:05   Link #1163
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Spoiler for IBN:
Spoiler for reply:
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 06:10   Link #1164
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
I agree with tomtkp. If I remember correctly, (its almost a year since I finished the VN) the IBN5100 was used to decrypt a database different from the articles about Z-program and jellyman's report. It would be revealed later in the show, since it would be the key to solving Okarin's dilemma.

But then, Steins;gate do have some plot inconsistencies. I'd say we just have to enjoy the show and ignore these inconsistent points
Old 2011-05-25, 06:38   Link #1165
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

That's correct, in the VN, the IBN hadn't been used yet.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 06:40   Link #1166
revive4563

Well, I think private massage is best place for those spoiler discussion.

If someone answer to those question, he must explain all of plots e.g. "attractor field theory" or something.

don't rush.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-05-25 at 11:54. Reason: no spoiler, event vague one.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 07:17   Link #1167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I seriously disagree here.
I think Yū was an amazing pick for Ruka's role. Her voice has certainly fit Ruka's shyness.
The issue here is, I believe, you've seen too many of Yū's crazy characters that whenever you hear her, you're probably already expecting something odd.
You might be right. In any case, it still sounds wrong to me. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it; I hope I'll change my mind by the end of the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
21:31 No one knows their secondary sex characteristics in this show.
He can't exactly ask him to show him his penis. He was embarassed to even ask him if he had turned into a girl. He may be a mad scientist, but Okarin's actually pretty shy.

Was any explanation given in the visual novel as to how they managed to send a message 17 years into the past? The timer was still set to 120 seconds in the anime, so it doesn't make sense. If it's an actual spoiler, don't answer.
Old 2011-05-25, 07:33   Link #1168
tomtkp

Quote:
Was any explanation given in the visual novel as to how they managed to send a message 17 years into the past? The timer was still set to 120 seconds in the anime, so it doesn't make sense. If it's an actual spoiler, don't answer.
The answer to this is not a spoiler.I found that the animators always made some minor errors,hence viewers were sometimes confused,i.e. wrong date in the phone etc.The scene you described above is also one of the minor error/bug in the series.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 08:53   Link #1169
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Wow, Ruka is almost as moe as Mayushii.
Lol at Kurisu's reaction.

Wait, does that mean no more Moeka?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:42   Link #1170
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But a lot of posts in the Dog Days thread are shipping skirmishes and fanservice pics. Not a lot of that's gonna happen in this title.

We have more serious things to talk about.
How quaint! That sort of drivel is effectively banned from there since early in the series (due in no small part to me), and there is serious things to talk about there in recent eps.

Look at it this way, you've got viewers who came off Chaos Head going into Steins Gate, most I've seen were skeptical. For D-days, coming from the Nanoha creators was a driving factor of interest. We.... do know how this turned out, right?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:55   Link #1171
Spat

Man, this show keeps me coming back every week with excitement!
Spoiler for Episode 8 spoiler alert:
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 10:19   Link #1172
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
[SPOILER="Moeka"]

Also it's rather obvious what happened to the IBN. I was always suspicious of Moeka, and I knew she would steal the IBN if she got a chance to do so. With that said, she lied to Okarin, didn't show the mail after writing it and sent the location to the past so Okarin never got it. Kurisu and others of course know about d-mail since it's the microwave doing the work, not the IBN. Though does this mean that now Kurisu and others, except Okarin, have no memory of the '' Human is Dead '' experiments?
Yes but learning about the Human is Dead experiments is what lead to them having to true knowledge about what the phone microwave (subject to name change) actually was and thats how they came up with the conversation of sending mails to the past and it leading to being actually able to change events in the past. But of course since we haven't seen much of this new time line its hard to say if the events occurred but the order in which just changed.

But them learning about all the jellyman reports is what really gave them the drive to continue on with the experiments. So it's really vital to the story line. Unless their just doing it for the hell of it now; but kurisu only stayed in the lab because of the knowledge of what Sern was doing and how mini black holes were used to travel back in time creating the jellypeople.
Old 2011-05-25, 10:44   Link #1173
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know if someone's mentioned this before, but that whole "Diet affecting gender" isn't quite that far-fetched:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/105013.php

But still, it would be pretty amazing if just Ruka's gender was different. There's a lot of difference between an X and Y chromosome and it can affect a lot of other things aswell.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 11:11   Link #1174
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
hmm? microwave's dial is dummy. Daru's X68000 is real controller as you can see.
Old 2011-05-25, 11:14   Link #1175
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
hmm? microwave's dial is dummy. Daru's X68000 is real controller as you can see.
And that is a reference to Motorola 68k processor family
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 11:19   Link #1176
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And that is a reference to Motorola 68k processor family
Well, I have no idea...maybe.
Old 2011-05-25, 11:29   Link #1177
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
What do you mean by that? Weren't they talking in one episode about how 120 seconds in the microwave equaled to .. I don't remember what, but the time in the dial was reflecting the amount of days the messages would be sent to the past.

Edit : Rewatched episode 7 and indeed, 120 '' seconds '' equals to hours so it's five days. What Daru does with the PC is configure the Microwave indeed, but the only thing they told us about the configuration was that the newest version allows you to send messages to any phone you like. Surely they would have had Daru do some modifications and explain it so that 120 seconds equals to whatever the hours required for 17 years is. Besides it's the microwave doing the actual work so any second in the microwave is actually sending it through time .. Didn't Daru also talk about something about the microwave plate spinning in the opposite direction. (Maybe it has actually nothing to do with this but it would make sense since it's turning counter-clockwise .. back in time)

On another note, I wonder how they even made the D-Mail because it was never explained .. How on earth does one construct something like that .. SERN deals with particles and complicated stuff like that, but a '' super hacker '' with '' Mad Scientist '' builds a time machine out of microwave and a computer?

To post below : Then .. you're watching this anime because ... of trap? .. It's IBN5100 btw <.<

Last edited by Dist; 2011-05-25 at 13:24.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 11:29   Link #1178
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So...
Let's say i can't care less about John Titor, about Moeka and her stealing of IBM500 now...

I just want to know if Ruka turned into a girl or not....

And what kind of misunderstanding will start from there
Old 2011-05-25, 11:45   Link #1179
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, as someone who has no prior exposure to the material it seems to me that if Ruka did indeed change genders, there are going to be serious consequences. Even Okarin hinted that he only went along with it because he figured it wouldn't work. We're not talking about a card game or $50 lotto ticket here - changing someone's gender is a very big deal. If indeed this did happen, I fear there will be some kind of grave butterfly effect - and that's not even considering my dismay at losing the best trap of the season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 11:55   Link #1180
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would remind you that spoiler, regardless how big, are simply forbidden.
I'm all good with points correcting mistakes from the anime, but any hint or indication is a big no no.

We are on a very thin layer of ice there, so please do not push your luck.

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation