AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-16, 21:58   Link #441
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, it's Hyunckel for you. On the positive side this does handle his injury situation. Good enough to say that the power of darkness healed his wounds. Bit questionable, but that still works.

Ok so the Queen really was an idiot and didn't check for everyone being able to use the insignia before they left for this battle. It's nice to have faith in everyone. But presumptions when the fate of the world is on the line seems questionable.

Does seem to be firmly moving to the Maam and Hyunckel territory. She more accurately understood and trusted him. Which they didn't need to do since Dai also trusted him and could sense what was going on. Which is fine. They do kind of have to lock some things in.

Now to get ready to take on Vearn. Get that spell going, have Popp work through his issues, and see how this plays out.
Old 2022-01-22, 10:59   Link #442
Xical
Phantom User

For the preliminary fight we got Ron Berk vs Mystvearn, stay tuned for more great fights (and tears) until we reach the gran final.
Looks like someone at least learned how to make a preview without spoiling next episode.
Old 2022-01-22, 12:22   Link #443
Blaat

So much pressure on Popp and naturally he failed. Crocodine's new axe is awesome and was that the first time we've witnessed female darklings?

The animation was quite good at times, although slightly inconsistent with some bad shots.
Old 2022-01-22, 17:00   Link #444
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
So much pressure on Popp and naturally he failed.
Naturally?

Yeah, the writing was on the wall long ago. When he tried Maam's concept of Mysticite and it failed, I knew he was gonna get to this point. His mentor's last words to him and the(conveniently eroded) concept of his Mysticite from the book only further cemented that he'd fail. For whatever reason, its always the most annoying when Popp fails at something versus other characters. Not sure if its because of my first impression of him still lingering or what, but I hope they quickly move past it so we can get to the final battles.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 19:20   Link #445
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Popp failing was a given. Time to pass the insignia on to Brocodine! I mean, if Leona was able to become a disciple of Avan without ever being chosen, why can't he? But of course that's not going to happen.

Quote:
So much pressure on Popp and naturally he failed. Crocodine's new axe is awesome and was that the first time we've witnessed female darklings?

The animation was quite good at times, although slightly inconsistent with some bad shots.
Yeah, I think that's the first time we saw female darklings. Never really gave it any thought until now.
Old 2022-01-23, 04:25   Link #446
Lex79

Well everything was setup for Pop to fail in the most dramatic way. I feel really bad for him.
The battle between Mystvearn and Lon Berg definitely gave lots of Dragon Ball Z vibes.
Old 2022-01-29, 12:12   Link #447
Blaat

Popp having a mental breakdown the episode.

I like how every one is saying "you can do it Popp" but no one tells him what his insignia is supposed to represent which, you know, would be pretty useful information.

RIP Merle, poor girl getting fridged like that.

I do think her voice actress did a good job, apparently she also voices Chika in Kaguya-sama so she has a good range.

So Popp has the insignia of courage, his colour scheme is green which is the same as in Zelda where courage is also green. But I'm still wondering what the fifth insignia is supposed to represent.

I thought Popp was going Super Saiyan at the end, but it's only a job class change.

Also I think that was the first time we got to see a JRPG style textbox in this anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preview
In Vaern Palace, someone awaits them them that not even Dark King Vaern expected
I wonder who it could be? Looking forward to the team up.
Old 2022-01-29, 12:55   Link #448
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

So the planning for this mission really was pretty haphazard. I know they couldn't make sure it would work with Hyunckel being captured. But they could made sure everyone else was in good shape. Doesn't seem like they made sure Dai would be fine either.

And they all just presumed Popp would be fine? That guy's mentality is a constant roller-coaster ride! He's not a bad guy. But he's probably the person they should have double checked on. It's almost like they presumed he was trying to peek on them changing and that he heard the explanation Maam was given .

You'd think with their lives resting on this plan that they'd cover bases in the areas they could make sure about. Everyone but one guy could be tested before the battle itself. Just because that one has to be a gamble doesn't mean they shouldn't work through it with everyone else. Especially since anyone who checked out that book should have realized one of the qualities needed wasn't clear enough to read in the darn book!

This was a long episode. It really felt like it. Obviously they spent all this time on Popp and they were going to make the most of it. But wow it felt like an exhausting ride just getting to the darn thing glowing. I suppose credit to them for a fun twist. Although kind of an interesting choice to have the guy that spent much of the series running away from things have the soul of courage. But hey, it's still a good twist.

Credit to Merle anyways. She did everything she could. There wasn't much more she could do than effectively take a bullet for Popp. But, that wasn't bad. Without her sacrifice then nothing would have moved forward. And while it's not immediately good for her...things might be fine long term. Good chance that Popp's class change will save her life (thanks for always being useless Amy) and if nothing else that sacrifice should leave a mark. Honestly as always it depends on Maam on that side of it. If this moves her to reassess her feelings to Popp then that's fine. If she stays on the path she's on then there's always a chance for Merle in the future. But the important thing will presumably not being dead. Being alive even if her feelings are reciprocated is better than being dead .
Old 2022-01-29, 17:44   Link #449
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This was a long episode. It really felt like it. Obviously they spent all this time on Popp and they were going to make the most of it. But wow it felt like an exhausting ride just getting to the darn thing glowing. I suppose credit to them for a fun twist. Although kind of an interesting choice to have the guy that spent much of the series running away from things have the soul of courage. But hey, it's still a good twist.
He's the only one who really needs it, because the others are generally fearless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 19:29   Link #450
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I love how that useless sage ended up never trying to heal her

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This was a long episode. It really felt like it.
Yeah, they dragged the plot through an entire episode. It was obvious where they wanted to start and end, but they had to spend an entire 20 minutes to get there.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 19:39   Link #451
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was Popp's lowest point. And they sure hammered it home.

Merle finally did something really useful for the plot. Let's be honest, she's only been kept around this long to create a love triangle with Popp and Maam (quadrangle if you add Hyunckel, but then you'd have to add Amy too...). She's a very nice girl, to her credit.

Quote:
I like how every one is saying "you can do it Popp" but no one tells him what his insignia is supposed to represent which, you know, would be pretty useful information.
They didn't know what it was either, Leona assumed Dai was courage so all that was left was the mystery one.
Old 2022-01-30, 04:05   Link #452
Lex79

Yeah Flora never making a dry run for the minakatol is kind of a plot hole...we can only assume that since lighting the emblem is supposed to be the easiest thing for the disciples it never occurred to her to check beforehand.
While I was watching the episode I was worried it might end before Pop's awakening but luckily we got it. I'm not sure if all these love triangles were the best way to make it happen but I like the development Pop has in this series.
Next week we're going to have a surprise (?) encounter.
Old 2022-02-05, 11:34   Link #453
Blaat

Apparently Popp's gem first started glowing back in episode 9 when Popp was encouraging the fake hero team to be brave (or something like that) a bit of clever foreshadowing added by the anime team.

Of course Marle is still alive. You know it's okay to permanently kill off a good guy character it's not like she did anything useful besides being a power up for Popp.

I'm glad at least both Popp and Maam seems to have acknowledged the confession has happened, was afraid of another confession getting ignored by the cast (*cough*Naruto*cough*).

Hadlar appears to no one's surprise. I was expecting a team up but instead Hadlar wants to have a fight till the death with Dai one last time. (will Hadlar truly die now? Who knows.) The fight animation between Hadlar and Dai looked really good, very DB-esque.

Are we back to spoilerific episode previews, because I noticed
Spoiler for episode preview:
Old 2022-02-05, 19:42   Link #454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder what Hadlar's course of action would have been if he wasn't living on borrowed time. Would it have changed anything? He feels he is unworthy of fighting on the side of the good guys because he killed Avan, and all he wishes for is a final battle against the person he respects the most as a warrior. He's become so honorable. He turned out to be a very memorable villain.
Old 2022-02-06, 01:33   Link #455
Lex79

If he wasn't on the verge of dying I think there would have been a chance for Dai and Leona to convince Hadler to join forces, so he could get revenge against his former boss and then there would have been all the time for a duel with Dai in top condition. We'll never know...
What we know is that the author did a good job in turning Hadler into an actual threat after his initial less than stellar performances.

After Pop's forced confession the mood was really awkward but luckily (?) the chess pieces divided the group so he doesn't have to face Maam right now. This also means he has to fight on his own anxiety that can nullify all his spells but, well, you can't have everything.

Speaking of Maam, she is the usual "I don't want to fight, let's talk and be friends instead" which I concede, in this case makes a bit more sense since the enemy is supposed to be reasonable and honorable. Still, girl, at least be more cautious, you don't want to eat another Neddle Thousand at point blank.
Old 2022-02-06, 22:04   Link #456
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Maam kind of deserved to eat that one. Been way too distracted by the romantic entanglements going on and trying to talk down her opponent is kind of questionable in this case. When Hadlar goes so does his minions. They can either go down fighting or just hanging out. Either way the clock is ticking. I can get wanting to talk it out if possible since tactically it's not great to use up their energy here. But at least...talk from a distance. Can be heard just fine from a distance.

I'm not sure if splitting the group up was better for Popp or for Maam. I'd argue the latter since she apparently can't handle this situation right now . She's got to make a decision eventually and I really hope she commits to it when she does.

At least I can understand Hadlar's perspective. He's out of time. If he wants to settle things with Dai then he arguably can't wait. And I get him feeling awkward about teaming up with them since he caused Avan's death. Can't exactly say he killed Avan since...Avan kind of killed himself there. I would say that it would be more offensive to kill Avan's students and help end the world than to side with them, but hey that's just me .

Will agree it is nice to see how far Hadlar has come as a character. Long way from the guy that got wrecked when Dai happened to tap into his true power without even knowing what he was doing .
Old 2022-02-07, 05:33   Link #457
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm glad at least both Popp and Maam seems to have acknowledged the confession has happened, was afraid of another confession getting ignored by the cast (*cough*Naruto*cough*).
Actually, it would have been a really good time to ignore it. Like I said before, fight the final battle first, then let the survivors work it out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-12, 11:42   Link #458
Blaat

Albinass has a final form, I appreciate she decided to show it off immediately instead of waiting until Maam was winning against her.

Maam looks so much better in a ponytail than her china bun look. Overall I think the armor looks pretty cool.

Fight looked decent at times but choppy at other times.

They didn't even bother with the Hym fight. Huynckel giving advice about love, sure why not.
Old 2022-02-12, 12:38   Link #459
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly the only issue with the Hyunckel fight...was that with how they framed things it looked like it lasted as long as Maam's fight. Which seems silly since Hym really didn't stand a chance. I guess you can logic it out as an issue of distance. And that he was mostly just running the whole time before meeting up with Maam shortly after her win.

Guess that means they've finally made a choice here. At least this should be the end of Maam flip flopping between Popp and Hyunckel. Probably. Although with this show you just never know .

At least the Maam fight wasn't bad.
Old 2022-02-12, 13:43   Link #460
Lex79

The highlight of the episode is that when Maam was thinking about the people she cared for Crocodine was included. We then had Hyunckel that since he apparently didn't struggle against Hym decided to sink his own ship so he can at least have some emotional damage.
I'm not 100% sure but this might be the first time Maam defeats a named enemy.

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake