AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2021-12-22, 10:23   Link #421
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I think what hurts more is taijutsu really fall hard in this generation.
It speaks a lot when only Naruto and Sasuke upped their taijutsu and kenjutsu following awareness of Otsutsuki clan strength and weakness;
Its not like we didn't have precedent either with how Gai and Lee mocked because their ninjutsu ability way below average in comparison to their peers with Ao case implying even nation that once made living through war now have no interest on developing their manpower past necessary standard.

I also feel bad to Shikamaru but can you really blame him?
He's usually accompanied by 4-5 people to ensure his plan going to work, now its only him and (nerfed) Naruto ...
Which is so wrong given during summit and war you can see every Kage got 2-3 guards on Root level that always on standby.

Old 2021-12-22, 19:50   Link #422
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I also feel bad to Shikamaru but can you really blame him?
He's usually accompanied by 4-5 people to ensure his plan going to work, now its only him and (nerfed) Naruto ...
Which is so wrong given during summit and war you can see every Kage got 2-3 guards on Root level that always on standby.

It really doesn't make any sense for no one else to have come with Naruto. You mentioned him, Lee would be really useful right now.
Old 2022-01-20, 17:14   Link #423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 66:
Old 2022-01-20, 21:22   Link #424
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 66:
Old 2022-01-21, 01:08   Link #425
Galaxian

Boruto catches nothing but Ls in his own manga...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 23:46   Link #426
alex_drian

Someone can remember me how the Karma resurrection works, like yes, is a backup and it basically create a perfect copy of the original, but what about the soul? it transfer the original soul to the new body or the backup creates a new soul. I seem to remember the Isshiki case implied that could have been 2 Isshikis existing to the same time?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 11:09   Link #427
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I seem to remember the Isshiki case implied that could have been 2 Isshikis existing to the same time?
Otsutsuki members can implant as many Karma as they want, but the moment of them activates all the other ones become inert and the copy of the Otsutsuki's mind disappears. So there cannot be two versions of the same Otsutsuki active at the same time, at least not through Karma.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 23:39   Link #428
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Naruto being family man really softens him.
He usually will take opportunity with Kagebunshin but now he's just standing still, thinking how to take down Momo without harming Boruto.
Kinda surprised Kishimoto didn't even tell to make it looks like a proper send-off, then again Boruto return is definitely expected by readers.

Still thinking Amado modification too good to be true.
Indeed he's working for Isshiki for long time but having both Sukuna Hikona and Daikokuten without risk seems weird.
Code using low-budget Hiraishin and pinched just by Momo who not even Isshiki level, feels awkward to suggest you need both to deal with him instead of "him and Eida".
Old 2022-01-23, 09:24   Link #429
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Naruto being family man really softens him.
He usually will take opportunity with Kagebunshin but now he's just standing still, thinking how to take down Momo without harming Boruto.
Kinda surprised Kishimoto didn't even tell to make it looks like a proper send-off, then again Boruto return is definitely expected by readers.

Naruto has always been soft. The difference here is that he isn't super OP anymore so he can't just bullshit his way into winning. And his talk no jutsu has gotten very rusty. Old Naruto would have been able to convince Kawaki to stand down.
Old 2022-02-20, 12:24   Link #430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 67:
Old 2022-02-20, 21:23   Link #431
Wandering Soul

So Boruto's both back and they managed to find a way to deal with danger of Momoshiki taking over his body. I wonder if that's really the end of that.

It seems like Code placed a claw mark on Shikamaru. I hope Shikamaru is still smart enough to see through it.
Old 2022-02-21, 10:41   Link #432
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Being smart doesn't guarantee one can notice marking though.

There's case like Minato who make himself noticeable (using big kunai) leading to opponent thinking its the kunai, not the seal. A and Obito definitely took the bait.
While Code is not on that level, this chapter done it right by implying he need marking at least at length of his body to perform complete teleport as Sukuna Hikona easily cancel it. However if the marking is big then Shikamaru or at least security guard would surely noticed it; but there's no change in Shikamaru clothes so what's the size, where and how he will do it? His pants?

Naruto without Kurama is really sad, back then this kind of moment would lead to sudden power up, now its like "Konoha be damned, nothing wrong with Kawaki".
People said Shikamaru is losing his touch but how he's talking about impact of this event is good. Usually advisor character will just said its time to retreat but he raise point about how such turn of events wouldn't be good for civilians trust and Konoha relationships with other villages. Man need to cover a lot for Naruto now I can understand why he feel justified to not negotiating with Amado.
Old 2022-02-21, 19:40   Link #433
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

On the topic of Shikamaru, while I praised his assessment of the situation, he also came across as a huge hypocrite. Remember how he acted when his son was merely taken hostage? He completely lost his cool, and here he's blaming Naruto for being shaken by his son's death.
Old 2022-03-18, 20:08   Link #434
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 68:
Old 2022-03-19, 08:33   Link #435
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Spoiler for 68:
Yeah, it was nice to see Shikamaru's brain cells weren't all absorbed by Amado.

They made it clear they can't do much about Kawaki, but I'm curious what Naruto is going to tell him.
Old 2022-03-21, 01:47   Link #436
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know that "let me fall into your trap, but it'll work out because I know it's a trap" is all that smart, to be honest.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 08:00   Link #437
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know that "let me fall into your trap, but it'll work out because I know it's a trap" is all that smart, to be honest.
It was working until Code brought in Eida. It's not like the plan was just to fall for the trap, it was to lure him into a confrontation with Delta.
Old 2022-03-21, 09:34   Link #438
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Deliberately falling into the enemy's trap to distract or trick them is one of Shikamaru's classic moves though..

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 13:41   Link #439
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was working until Code brought in Eida. It's not like the plan was just to fall for the trap, it was to lure him into a confrontation with Delta.
So it worked for all of 2 minutes? That's damning with faint praise. But I suppose I shouldn't blame Shikamaru. Who could have guessed a guy whose main shtick is teleportation, with no known range limitation, could bring reinforcements?

And did Delta make that much of a difference?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 00:48   Link #440
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
So it worked for all of 2 minutes? That's damning with faint praise. But I suppose I shouldn't blame Shikamaru. Who could have guessed a guy whose main shtick is teleportation, with no known range limitation, could bring reinforcements?

And did Delta make that much of a difference?
Even if there's not much difference Shikamaru did it right IMO considering:
- Its a closed laboratory that Amado and Delta familiar with, setting advantages that Code is always within range of his Kageshibari.
- Previous encounter with Code implied Code is the only fighter in the team, otherwise Code should have no issue dealing with Momoshiki and later, Kawaki if any reinforcement does exist and actually combat capable. The casualties also only Boruto, the risk sounds manageable; he doesn't look very surprised either when Code pulled Eida from marking.

Not to mention based on Sasuke report, Shikamaru may assume most of Code team are less dangerous combatant as they disguise themselves as local cult.

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion