AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-12-19, 08:39   Link #1241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ultra Ego colored by Toyotaro for Jump Festa.

Images
Size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I told you Super Saiyan Purple was going to be a thing long before the form debuted
The lack of originality for the new forms is one of Super's biggest flaw. Just recolors.

Spoilers for the next chapter are out and basically, nothing happens. Granolah vs Gas the entire chapter, with no conclusion.
Old 2021-12-19, 22:28   Link #1242
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ultra Ego colored by Toyotaro for Jump Festa.

Images
Size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I told you Super Saiyan Purple was going to be a thing long before the form debuted
The lack of originality for the new forms is one of Super's biggest flaw. Just recolors.
SSJ4 is still clear all of Super's forms.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-20, 17:45   Link #1243
Shadow5YA

The Granolah vs Gas fight was honestly kind of interesting in the first half before it devolved into the more typical power and speed blitz with generic teleporting and ki blasts.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-20, 19:27   Link #1244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Granolah vs Gas fight was honestly kind of interesting in the first half before it devolved into the more typical power and speed blitz with generic teleporting and ki blasts.
It's pretty sad that the characters holding back make for a more interesting fight than them going all out. The wish apparently grants them every ability possessed by the strongest fighters of the Universe and they only use Instant Transmission and Destruction.

The story didn't move a single bit either.
Old 2021-12-22, 12:22   Link #1245
justavisitor

I am tired of seeing Goku and Vegeta solo all the enemies. So Granolah vs Gas is very refreshing.

Granolah picks up his scouter again, backs to his old self, are typical ingredients for the main character to win a major fight. But too bad he is not the protagonist here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-22, 20:23   Link #1246
AndrewR5D4

Meanwhile, Frieza is completely ignorant to the fact that people are aiming for his head. At least he was aware of the jailbreak actions in the Prison Saga, even though he chose not to get involved.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 08:13   Link #1247
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Meanwhile, Frieza is completely ignorant to the fact that people are aiming for his head. At least he was aware of the jailbreak actions in the Prison Saga, even though he chose not to get involved.
I really don't like that they're just letting him roam free. Goku doesn't care, but Vegeta is clearly not okay with leaving him alive. And now that Vegeta has mastered instant transmission, he could find him and end him easily. In theory at least, because apparently his ki can't be sensed (Granolah tried when he got his powers).

And Granolah probably doesn't intend to go after Frieza anymore, the blame has been entirely shifted to the Heeters.
Old 2021-12-23, 08:29   Link #1248
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seriously, this is the problem with DBZ. It is almost like nobody has their own uniqueness anymore.

Everyone can generic ki-blast, IT, hakai and etc. The only difference will be the color of the ki-blast, I guess.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 09:06   Link #1249
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really don't like that they're just letting him roam free. Goku doesn't care, but Vegeta is clearly not okay with leaving him alive. And now that Vegeta has mastered instant transmission, he could find him and end him easily. In theory at least, because apparently his ki can't be sensed (Granolah tried when he got his powers).

And Granolah probably doesn't intend to go after Frieza anymore, the blame has been entirely shifted to the Heeters.
It's unlikely Frieza will encounter anyone worthy of forcing him to expend enough energy to catch the attention of people on the other side of the universe. He also has a habit of sealing his power, which combined with distance, hampers people from detecting his ki.

I agree that letting him be was a poor decision. Frieza's rampant genocide of innocent people continues, and apparently our heroes don't care so long as he stays away from Earth.

As for right now, it would be problematic if he finds out about the capabilities of these new Dragon Balls. His growth rate is so broken, Frieza could use them to become the most powerful without costing him too much lifespan...
Old 2021-12-23, 11:24   Link #1250
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Frieza was responsible for the genocide of a countless number of planets and species. Even if he's not specifically aware of Granolah, he's well aware that there are a lot of people who would hold grudges against him.

Since his fights with Goku and Vegeta, he just grew wiser and no longer has any delusions about being the strongest so he just chooses to lay low more often.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 19:16   Link #1251
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It's unlikely Frieza will encounter anyone worthy of forcing him to expend enough energy to catch the attention of people on the other side of the universe. He also has a habit of sealing his power, which combined with distance, hampers people from detecting his ki.

I agree that letting him be was a poor decision. Frieza's rampant genocide of innocent people continues, and apparently our heroes don't care so long as he stays away from Earth.

As for right now, it would be problematic if he finds out about the capabilities of these new Dragon Balls. His growth rate is so broken, Frieza could use them to become the most powerful without costing him too much lifespan...
Frieza stays constantly in his final form (more accurately, his real form) so he should give off pretty strong ki. Goku could detect Namekians with power levels in the four digits. I guess we're supposed to assume Frieza has full control over his ki now and can suppress it.

And don't worry, all he cares about now is growing 5cm taller.
Old 2022-01-20, 17:09   Link #1252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter's out.

It was pretty terrible. Last month we found out Gas had been holding back and he unleashed his true power, and this month we found out... he was still holding back and Elec unleashed his true power. What kind of writing is that?

And it turns out Monaito actually doesn't know how Bardock beat Gas after he went berserk because he passed out. And no, I don't think it was throwing a ki blast at him that did it. It was pretty hilarious that Gas' PTSD is so strong just recalling Bardock doing that to him made him throw himself backward
Anyway, it confirms that Gas was indeed very weak 40 years ago (and likely still very weak before the wish), since Bardock who had a power level in the five digits at best managed to push him to his limits.

And we're back to how it was three chapters ago, with Gas being the strongest and the three having run out of fumes.
Old 2022-01-20, 18:07   Link #1253
GDB

Space pirate who transforms... wonder where I've seen that before...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 23:25   Link #1254
alex_drian

Damn. Gotta reserve my judgment until the end, but this is competing with Fukatsu no F for the shittiest arc in the story of DB. I-don't-give-the-slightest-f*ck about Granolah story, one that can hold itself without Bardock to draw a little bit of interest in the reader. Our heroes getting their shit kicked while their fight in their strongest while the enemies made a wish felt like a spit to the face. All that Vegeta training meant shit because Vegeta can't be allowed to win a fight. Two chapters of new characters fighting who I have 0 attachment because they are new and this new dragon balls.

The only somewhat possitive things of this arc have been:

1. Elec has been interesting, more of a bussiness man.
2. Ultra Ego performance has made Beyond Blue look good (and that is on the anime). The Virgin Ultra Ego vs The Chad Beyond Blue.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 06:50   Link #1255
B214

I know this has been a trend of DB since Frieza saga but seriously, is all the DB Villains from now on going to have form changes over form changes.
At this rate, everyone is going to get a new form.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 08:02   Link #1256
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

The irony is nobody give damn. Once this arc over Granolah and Fart going to be forgotten and everyone going to pretend these so called strongest creature in universe never exist and the canon strongest always be the trinity ( Goku, Vegeta and Broly) in universe 7 ofc excluding Beerus and Whis
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 12:57   Link #1257
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
At this rate, everyone is going to get a new form.
Maybe Gohan will have a new form in movie that is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
the trinity ( Goku, Vegeta and Broly) in universe 7 ofc excluding Beerus and Whis
I dunno if Goku, Vegeta and Broly can really be a trinity but it could be cool if that really happens.

I recently discovered the existence of a crazy fan fiction called Dragon Ball Next Future where Goku is becoming stronger than Zeno when Vegeta, Broly and other characters are becoming the future Omni King of others Multiverse

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2022-01-23 at 17:47.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 22:56   Link #1258
Galaxian

This whole arc feels like fanfiction with Granolah being someone's OC who just so happen to have a connection to Bardock and is now stronger than Goku and Vegeta. All that's left is for this arc to be resolved by Granolah and Goku fusing...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 10:50   Link #1259
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
All that's left is for this arc to be resolved by Granolah and Goku fusing...
To be honest I am not sure that Gogeta will be the one that resolve the situation.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 15:46   Link #1260
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
This whole arc feels like fanfiction with Granolah being someone's OC who just so happen to have a connection to Bardock and is now stronger than Goku and Vegeta. All that's left is for this arc to be resolved by Granolah and Goku fusing...
They can't without Potara. The fusion dance only works if two subjects are the same species with similar energy levels. Re-watch the Buu Arc.

Tags
donkan mc