AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-15, 10:20   Link #21
Frontier

To be honest Hajime's attitude and constant "are you my enemy?" doesn't do it for me, but his interactions with his Harem are fun and I just accept the show for what it is at this point .
Old 2022-01-15, 12:27   Link #22
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So Yue confirms she had seggs with Hajime.
Old 2022-01-15, 19:42   Link #23
cyberdemon

The writer is a self professed Chunni lover. What do you expect? They’d rather be edgelord than hero lol
Old 2022-01-15, 23:25   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I think we had confirmation of that when she pounced on him in the bath, if I remember right .
Old 2022-01-16, 12:55   Link #25
cyberdemon

In the novels they were going at it like crazy. Training after finishing that dungeon always ended with her ambushing him lol
Old 2022-01-17, 13:38   Link #26
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
They spent months inside the lowest level of the orcus labyrinth, surely they did other things apart from studying
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 20:15   Link #27
cyberdemon

As tvtropes put it

Quote:
She is the one who always takes the initiative in the bedroom with Hajime, and she doesn't take "no" for an answer.
Old 2022-01-20, 10:59   Link #28
Frontier

The kingdom of Ankaji has seen better days, but Hajime and his Harem are there to help make things right and help the people .

I love how Tio makes like she's trying to cover Myu's eyes while Yue macks on Hajime's neck and lips like a boss, but she doesn't even actually cover her eyes because she's too in glee at what she's witnessing. And then she's surprised when Myu brings it up and wants to kiss Hajime too .

So it turns out the problem with the pollution came from a giant blob monster that Hajime draws out with grenades and quickly finishes off. Kind of surprised they didn't have it work its tentacles on some of the girls beforehand .

Kaori and Myu are staying behind while the rest of the party go off to the volcano, and Kaori gets to be the concerned girlfriend wishing for her lovers' safety while she waits for him...only to then find out about Yue kissing him and she pulls on his tie and demands answers. Yue can only smugly comment on how delicious it was while she licks her lip and Kaori descends into laughing like a madwoman. I was half-expecting her to plant one on him right there .

Oh yeah, Tio's a dragon, no wonder she can take the heat .

Shea gets to show off her new hammer power against a lava bear, which was pretty cool .

I did find it kind of amusing that Shea is the most skimpily dressed of all of them and is the first one to complain about the heat, although Yue isn't much better...it seems like the labyrinths were each designed by their respective liberator with a certain concept in mind for testing anyone who challenged them, all to find those who could take on the God of this world .

Nothing quite like the visual of sweat pouring down a woman's cleavage...and Yue asking Hajime to wipe her down. Although I imagine then the other girls would ask the same .

So the guardian of this labyrinth is a bunch of lava snakes that you have to destroy in total before you can finally pass. And, of course, the Harem turns it into a contest to see who can take out the most and get something out of it from Hajime, although unsurprisingly Yue takes the lead for her desire to get a private date with Hajime .

Hajime takes out the last snake, but then a giant beam of light shows up. Is that the angel girl ?
Old 2022-01-21, 23:38   Link #29
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I'm wondering where this season will end at. From just seeing the first minutes of the first eppy. It looks like they are going thru at least volume 6.
Old 2022-01-23, 10:30   Link #30
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
I'm wondering where this season will end at. From just seeing the first minutes of the first eppy. It looks like they are going thru at least volume 6.
Probably. It would be hard to do volume 7 considering that they cut out most of volume 2 which is backstory to it
Old 2022-01-27, 10:57   Link #31
Frontier

It helps that Freid got a good surprise hit on Hajime, but he did more damage to and gave Hajime more trouble than, like, 90% of what else Hajime has fought at this point, which is high praise indeed .

"I kill all my enemies!" first utterance this season .

Seeing Hajime in trouble is enough to remind Tio of the loss of her father and the Dragonborn race, and is enough to motivate her to take her dragon form again to protect Hajime. And now with relatively better CGI .

Freid doesn't want to waste any more time with Hajime, so he decides to take him and his party out by consuming them in lava, although it seems like Hajime has some kind of plan for them surviving. Maybe getting whatever treasure is in the labyrinth ?

He also sends Tio out with his funnels so they can give Freid a good dose of pain and presumably do something with his ring, as well as reassuring Kaori and Myu. It's nice to see Hajime rely more on Tio, and it's enough to get her to profess her love for him .

So now Tio has a skill that suits her masochism as pain literally increases her stats the more she receives. And she has Hajime to thank for it .

Looks like there's intrigue at the palace, as the king and his guards seem brainwashed (?), the church wants to declare Hajime a heretic, and the manipulator among Hajime's former classmates is trying to talk Daisuke into taking Kaori away from Hajime and finishing the job he started .

But the real treat is watching Shizuku trying to improve herself after the beating she received at the end of the last cour...and then going gaga over a cute cat that she stumbles upon, complete with transforming into a cat girl with full "nyaa" speech. It's utterly adorable, and even better when the princess catches her and imitates it .

Last edited by Frontier; 2022-01-27 at 11:16.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 10:41   Link #32
EroKing
Version Nightmare

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-01-28, 11:03   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Perfect timing with the Tio focus this week .
Old 2022-01-30, 17:38   Link #34
cyberdemon

I wonder if it is possible that they could do the side story from the extra volume as an episode. They’re pacing this season for only 2 volumes so far which could leave a little leeway for that. Would be a good way to highlight the zero crew if they decide to do a Zero adaption later
Old 2022-02-01, 05:42   Link #35
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And watching an edgelord power fantasy somehow is?

At least with the generic fantasy hero story you can have some kind of entertainment watching the basic hero's journey, with "stories" like this one all the fun and entertainment is sucked right out of it because it's just a parade of the writer's fetishes and edgy power fantasies with none of the substance of a proper story.

You're not wrong. A lot of writers seem to insert theirselves into the mc role and sometimes the angst and revenge fantasies against against former bullies and detractors are carried ou in the story. But I'd argue that's the appeal of the story to many because they found the characters relatable. Before anime became so mainstream its consumers prob had a lot in commonwith these generic main characters and provided a nice escape for them.

I wonder which time of character you find yourself relating to the most in these stories and why these "edgelords" seem so..

As for s2 of this anime. I don't know how I'll enjoy it moving forward. Cause the fun was watching him grow to an op character. Now that he's already that I'm curious how they'll keep interesting moving forward.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 11:01   Link #36
Frontier

Tio and Kaori commisserate over their shared confidence that Hajime will make it through anything, resolving to use the chance they have to take Myu home rather than worry about the others .

I love how Hajime is just sitting back on top of a sub and Yue just casually sits on his crotch, undresses, and proceeds to have sex on top of a sub with him. Like, they don't even exchange any words about it, they just do it .

Well, points to whoever this Naiz guy was for not wasting any time with his message and giving the team spatial magic, even if they can't immediately use it. I kind of wonder what he was like compared to the other Guardians beyond sharing their desired goal of giving the world free will .

Nothing like a maiden voyage for a sub than getting popped out right into lava instead of the sea like it was intended for .

If Yue and Shea are going to go into the depths with Hajime, they're going to hold on to him till the very end .

Poor Shea goes to the trouble of giving Yue some of her blood and then has to wake up and see Hajime and Yue post-lovemaking. Give a girl some affection, Hajime .

Not the best first introduction with Myu's people as they all assume Hajime was the one who kidnapped her, but I love how Hajime just bats them into the sea with a giant fish .

Pretty bold of Myu to just jump right off of a dragon and fall from the sky to see her Papa, but nothing will separate her from her beloved Papa Hajime .

I love how Kaori finally gets her moment with Hajime only for Tio to steal it by shoving his face into her breasts in joy over seeing him again .

Was that Sayaka Ohara as Ramia, Myu's mother? She really is giving Kikuko Inoue a run for her money as the quintessential anime mom. Also pretty funny that she takes the whole "Papa Hajime" thing in stride and indicates she's ready to move on from her deceased husband and make Hajime Myu's Papa in all forms while his Harem stares smiling daggers at him .

Shizuku and Ai-chan reunite and discuss Hajime and Ai-chan tries desperately not to sound like a teacher crushing on her student, but the real meat of the conversation is the kingdom/church branding Hajime a Heretic against Ai-chan's wishes and Ai-chan's plan to reveal to the class what might really be going on in this world .
Old 2022-02-04, 22:33   Link #37
Znail

I don't quite remember from the first season, have we been told what is really going on in the world or were we just told that the MC were told?
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 11:17   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I don't quite remember from the first season, have we been told what is really going on in the world or were we just told that the MC were told?
Something to the effect that the main God lied about something or is secretly evil ?
Old 2022-02-05, 16:22   Link #39
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Something to the effect that the main God lied about something or is secretly evil ?
I think it is all the gods are just using people as game pieces and keep the killing going as a sport.
Magewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 10:59   Link #40
Frontier

It's a little sad to see them leave Myu with her mother while the rest of the party go off to the next labyrinth...but it's probably the safest thing .

Shower scene with all the girls! Kaori in a towel .

Kaori really can't get a moment alone with Hajime for more than five seconds, well at least until second half of the episode .

Hajime's party finally makes it to the underground labyrinth, and it's smooth sailing up until they have to face off against a deadly slime monster that they can't kill, forcing them to run. And then the labyrinth starts getting trippy with an illusion of a battle at sea over people driven crazy by the God of this world .

I love how Shea gets battle damage in her cleavage and uses it as an excuse to get Hajime to feel up her boobs and Kaori immediately uses her magic to heal her and make sure that doesn't happen .

Kaori starting to feel self-conscious about her role in the Harem and Party. She's probably the most "normal" member of the group in terms of temperament and experience and doesn't have the amazing power or battle instincts as everyone else, and feels a little out of her depth in a Great Labyrinth. And that's not even getting into how she feels that more and more she can't compete with Yue for Hajime's heart, and that he only views her as an obligation to take care of .

Hajime doesn't mince words and straight up tells her that she's dragging him down, but he also relates to her what happened with Shea and admits they treated her badly but she never got depressed or gave up, and look where she is now! But can Kaori live with not being as special as Yue while still being important to Hajime ?

Ai-chan is about to talk to the students until a nun voiced by Rina Sato intercepts and kidnaps her...within earshot of the princess, who I assume will tell Shizuku .