AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-10-15, 20:57   Link #21
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Skimmed through some of the manga, certainly feels like Parallel Paradise .
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 21:24   Link #22
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
What's this? The human race is facing extinction and needs me to have sex with a lot of women to help rebuild a viable population?

BUT WHAT ABOUT MAI TWUE WUV! I CAN'T HAVE SEX WIT ANYONE BUT HERZ BECUZ I WUVVVVVV HEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

ughhhh.....
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-16, 15:17   Link #23
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
What's this? The human race is facing extinction and needs me to have sex with a lot of women to help rebuild a viable population?

BUT WHAT ABOUT MAI TWUE WUV! I CAN'T HAVE SEX WIT ANYONE BUT HERZ BECUZ I WUVVVVVV HEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

ughhhh.....
Calm down, the manga series is actually a bit of a deconstruction of harem series and how male main characters react to such a situation. One of the five surviving immune men does go all hedonist, one needs just the right amount of convincing, one is . . . well, you'll see, and the main male character wants to solve the overarching problem first before having children for his sole benefit.

What's that you say? That's only four male characters mentioned? The fifth one is the subject of Part 2 of this manga series.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-16, 19:57   Link #24
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I guess IVF is not a thing in this world
Who cares if he doesn't want to have sex? He should not have any excuse to refuse donating his sperm.
__________________
TheForsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 06:38   Link #25
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Exactly, just donate some for artificial insemination if the idea of having sex is so unbearable.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 07:18   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
The author probably thought up some bullshit so that artificial insemination doesn't work. Because it's a far more effective method than natural reproduction if you want to repopulate the Earth.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 10:03   Link #27
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The author probably thought up some bullshit so that artificial insemination doesn't work. Because it's a far more effective method than natural reproduction if you want to repopulate the Earth.
I don't think that's something the author goes into in the story, actually. But you wouldn't have much of a story if the male characters were treated like stud bulls are in real life, and so the author went through the trouble of seeing just how the different male characters went through the trauma of discovering that the world they knew effectively ended while they were asleep, and now the future of the human species rests on their gonads.

One male character does in fact go all hedonist and jumps right to repopulating the species, actually.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 13:29   Link #28
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The author probably thought up some bullshit so that artificial insemination doesn't work. Because it's a far more effective method than natural reproduction if you want to repopulate the Earth.
Not really a spoiler, so I'll just say it: It's also a woman have needs too issue .
For more you'll have to watch the show.
(While I'm still stuck at Kuro maid's 5th episode and can't watch until my backlog is handled :/ )
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 17:08   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Not really a spoiler, so I'll just say it: It's also a woman have needs too issue .
For more you'll have to watch the show.
(While I'm still stuck at Kuro maid's 5th episode and can't watch until my backlog is handled :/ )
Then it's even dumber. There are only five guys for billions of women, only an incredibly small percentage will get their "needs" satisfied. Not to mention donating sperm and fucking women are not mutually exclusive.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 20:19   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Then it's even dumber. There are only five guys for billions of women, only an incredibly small percentage will get their "needs" satisfied. Not to mention donating sperm and fucking women are not mutually exclusive.
From what I can remember, it's best to say "wait and see" it will make sense (probably)

I have yet to see how the anime did it, but the manga spent a great deal of time, at the beginning, to elaborate on how valuable that guy actually is. Whish I could tell exact comparisons, but my backlog is still so huge, I'll probably be binge-watching stuff before I can even hope starting with this season.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 09:33   Link #31
EroKing
Version Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 09:41   Link #32
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Boobs...just, boobs .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 13:27   Link #33
EroKing
Version Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 18:55   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's a really nice body
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 10:25   Link #35
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
AT-X Will show 2 New versions

https://www.at-x.com/program/detail/14116
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 02:57   Link #36
EroKing
Version Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-29, 13:52   Link #37
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Definitely a show going all out with the fanservice .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-07, 18:06   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Watched the first episode. Ok, they explained that artificial insemination doesn't work, but... they also have no reason to believe natural reproduction can work either. Apparently there's one woman on Earth pregnant with a boy and they're just hoping the baby will live. Finding a cure seems like a more realistic solution than repopulating Earth with just five guys. I'm not well versed enough to know, but wouldn't genetic diversity be a problem? 5 men doesn't sound like enough.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-07, 19:08   Link #39
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Watched the first episode. Ok, they explained that artificial insemination doesn't work, but... they also have no reason to believe natural reproduction can work either. Apparently there's one woman on Earth pregnant with a boy and they're just hoping the baby will live. Finding a cure seems like a more realistic solution than repopulating Earth with just five guys. I'm not well versed enough to know, but wouldn't genetic diversity be a problem? 5 men doesn't sound like enough.
My first assumption was Erisa was missing because she was trying to find a cure.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-07, 19:12   Link #40
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
@Kanon
Since this is basically the extreme version of vault 69 ((nice) 1 guy to 1000 women) I would assume there is the possibility it could lead into complications later down the road. People always exxagerate when a topic like this comes up though. Like I said, it should take many generations for any genetic defects to appear, if any at all. If think you are right. Repopulation should be Option B, while finding a cure should be the main goal.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.