AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 06:04   Link #1821
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
The Sword is not a reference. (That I know of, anyway.)

The references I did intend are as follows:

Orb of the Peerless Mage - borne from a discussion about D&D 4E about how Orb Wizards in the Controller role appear to be pretty much how they're meant to be played, based on the bonuses given.

Ring of the Jewelled Dusk - The One Ring from The Lord of the Rings, minus the invisibility.

Staff of the Unconquered Sun - White Wolf's Exalted. More traditionally the Sol Invictus.

Sigil of the Proud Heart - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would probably be the most familiar to the people here. Technically the concept of willpower being used as an energy source has turned up in my stories from time to time, ever since the first time I saw it in He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret Of The Sword.

Crown of the Timeless Lord - Champions meta-setting, specifically the Dragon Crown worn by Takofanes and its power over the Crowns of Krim.

Everything else (except for obviously the Tome of the Night Sky) are just generic "cool stuff".

Incidentally, if anyone wants to use any of these concepts, feel free.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 06:08   Link #1822
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I didn't recognize the rest, and I facepalm at missing the One Ring and She-Ra. Good to know, might have some use too. What are your plans with these though?
Old 2008-06-25, 06:12   Link #1823
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
It’s related to his backstory and his status as the crown prince of Arcadia. You know that boast where he claims to be descended from the Sankt Kaiser? It’s not entirely inaccurate; he is indirectly a member of the Belkan Royal Family, and if you want to get technical he’s also a distant cousin of sorts to Vivio. Besides, he has to stall the attack long enough for Lightning Squad to return; any old mage won’t be able to make that kind of power difference by themselves.
Don't mind the point that I raised about S-rank. It's not really a major issue
Quote:
Note the shield-breaker ability. It’s like SLB+’s total field disruption special ability; all shields below A-rank crumble like powdered glass before this technique. Still think it’s underpowered? I’m actually trying to play it safe with these “instant kill” techniques until the haxxbusters sign off on the idea. My original idea was a Shining Finger reference, a delayed-action S-rank bombardment spell released at point-blank range after Alex grabs his enemy by the face/neck/balls or buries his fist in their gut.
You do realise that one of the Haxxbusters don't you..? Frankly if it is a S ranked attack, I'd expect if to go through an A rank barrier regardless of the fact that it has the field disruption ability, just that it'll go through it marginally quicker. I personally have no problems with it going straight through AA's as well, then AAA barriers/ shields as the point where it's not so effective.
Quote:
That’d be Chrono and Carim, actually. Zead personally only has Alex’s limiter clearance since he’s the closest thing Alex has to a caretaker.
The others have already talked about it, but Hayate did have control over Fate/ Nanoha's limiters. Maybe not a full release, but still some control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Anyhow, a quick outline of things happening in Task Force Six (the following was written in spurts of 5 minutes here and there over the past week so it may seem disjointed):

Spoiler for Things in Task Force Six:
The whole outline of what you're doing in your rebuild seems good Goose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
True. I'd probably shifted a name or two and refrained from mentioning any divine beings when porting the Light.

Quote:
Cadia Zwei: *tilts head* .... dare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Khorne, Slaanesh, Teetczh and Nurgle were watching the chat last night, they were laughing along, and I almost went insane.
Remind me again, we had Satashi, C2F, Nighty? and one other as your chaos gods again.
Quote:
EDIT: This is just amazing...

Spoiler for The Bounty Hunter~~~:
Pretty Cool. Stormtrooper in the gif?
Quote:
*is too busy running from Anita to answer Keroko's questions*

Quote:
But without further ado, another excellent artist mercurianangel has gracefully agreed to help out with the Codex, and here's another shot:
Spoiler for Kha in Knight's Garb:
Original Kha is brighter than Clone Kha, so this pic does bring out the difference more than Fate's sketch, which was meant to catch Kha in his darker moods.

Kha is decked in his Knight's Garb, which is easily inverted to become the Knight Armor mode, sans some consecrated metal plating that we see in Fate's sketch. Behind him is the coat of arms of the Cleric-Knights, the aptly named Celestial Being, Chamber Militant of the Licht von Belka.

I wanted a good cassock for Kha's clerical duties, but since the Kruznik's refused to leave my mind... I used it. And yes I should've gone Alucard pose, but this pic was based off Shiro's character song album cover, and Alucard might be more of an OOC reference for reference sake, so I'll pass.

And most of all, mercurianangel managed to bring out all that in a professionally done manner! The assistant to Dark God Satashi bestows us with a great gift! We must thank her wholeheartedly!
Another very awesome piece of art there.
Quote:
That's what happens when you sprinkle your ideas with references rather then having them cry out.
Indeed.

@DKellis They seemed pretty good on my quick glance over. I'll have another look once I get back from dinner.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 06:24   Link #1824
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
I didn't recognize the rest, and I facepalm at missing the One Ring and She-Ra. Good to know, might have some use too. What are your plans with these though?
Of all thirteen, I'm going to be using the Dagger of the Obsidian Light (in Lyrical Babel and Lyrical Elemental), the Lance of the Watchful Guardian (Lyrical Babel), the Staff of the Unconquered Sun (same; guess where Reiz got her current Device from), the Sword of the Ardent Star (in Lyrical Legend, as Arisa Banning's weapon), and the Sands of the Eternal Myth (Lyrical Legend, as a deus ex machina). Everything else is flavour.
Old 2008-06-25, 06:43   Link #1825
Liingo
Love Hina?

The 13 Forbidden Devices
1) Ooh, adding to the lore and backstory. I approve whole heartedly.
2) Wow, major Epixs Also rife for abuse so it's good that it's locked in 3 cubic metres of Unobtanium
3) Typical that there's a cursed weapon. Although I have to say it's very awesome.
4) Pity that it was lost. Very nifty equipment.
5) No comment. Although this sword + Saito (sp? ZnT) would be some awesome haxx.
6) This combined with 7) would have been the ultimate in tanking envy.
8,9,10) All pretty cool items,
11) Awesome Gurren Lagann. So does this mean that if you scream hard enough, you can do anything you want?
12) Hmm, very powerful.
13) Elusive but sound very awesome.

Yep- nothing wrong with this list. Helps to build on the lore as well.
*hands cookies*
Old 2008-06-25, 06:47   Link #1826
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Like I said, me wants to farm raid instance that drops these pieces.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:22   Link #1827
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Something I forgot to add: all these items have a Defensive Program that prevents it from being destroyed (easily) by magic.

I based the power level off the Tome of the Night Sky, as far as I understood it. Therefore, nerf/buff suggestions are welcome.

Also, one more reference I forgot to mention: other than the Exalted thing for the name, the Staff of the Unconquered Sun is also based off of the Monkey King's famous staff.

Miscellaneous stuff that I couldn't find a way to include in-character:

- The Shield of the Sundered Dark's special ability is to absorb all forms of attack towards it, converting it to magical energy that can either strengthen itself, or blast back at the opponent. This works for magical energy, kinetic energy, potential energy, whatever. It seems to be depleted, but if someone unleashes an Over-S attack directly at it, it's going to start waking up.

- The report is mistaken: the Helm of the Veiled Moon is not completely destroyed. It's just severely damaged, and will never function at full power again, but it still has some uses, in an extremely limited way. From being able to hide a planet to maybe hiding a large crowd.

- The Crown of the Timeless Lord, however, is definitely kaput.

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-06-25 at 07:53.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:13   Link #1828
kazenoyuuchi

Quote:
III. The Dagger of the Obsidian Light
Records on the ownership of the Dagger of the Obsidian Light are inconsistent and unreliable at best. It is said to have changed hands among various groups of bandits and pirates over time, to whom it provided immense power, but which inevitably led to power struggles and wholesale internecine slaughter. Its last known location was in the hands of the infamous Dimensional Pirate Steel Leviathan, whose flagship, the Basilisk, was destroyed with all hands on board in MC 0012 by TSAB forces. The Dagger was not found in the debris, and it is assumed to be lost in the Dimensional Sea.

Little is known of the Dagger's abilities, but it appears to be able to greatly enhance the effects of any given spell, for the same amount of magical energy expended. In addition, it is able to penetrate any form of shielding, magical or physical, without difficulty, including its fellow Forbidden Device, the Bracers of the Clouded Earth, which had indeed been destroyed by the Dagger. Recovered journal entries from former owners have indicated that a side effect of use is an increase in mental instability, megalomania, and paranoia.

ADDENDUM: Recent discoveries have pinpointed the location of the Dagger of Obsidian Light to be here on Midchilda as recently as MC 0060. It, or a reasonable facsimile indistinguishable to the untrained observer, was involved in the Rote Fluegel Incident (TSAB Case File 0060-1241; see Appendix G), but has not been located and secured. Recommend immediate mobilization of all available forces to search for and recover the Dagger.

I have a question regarding this Dagger. Would its shielding piercing be considered a "magical" attack? Just asking out of random curiosity.

Also, I shall be joining your OC community. It is nice to meet everybody.

Last edited by kazenoyuuchi; 2008-06-25 at 08:18. Reason: Missed out a word...
kazenoyuuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:19   Link #1829
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Welcome, Kaze, enjoy your stay in Cadia. Go ahead and post a character, or write a few stories.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:21   Link #1830
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazenoyuuchi View Post
And yes do feel welcome. I saw you lurking around before, wondering when were you going to make the move.

If you need any help, just ask, we'd be happy to provide assistance.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:25   Link #1831
Aaron008R

Welcome, new member.:3

I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you ever need help/assistance, feel free to ask.

*Tri-Ace welcome!* =3

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:25   Link #1832
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Like I said, me wants to farm raid instance that drops these pieces.
Hahaha Although you're not going to see any of those till Wrath of the Lich King comes outs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Something I forgot to add: all these items have a Defensive Program that prevents it from being destroyed (easily) by magic.

I based the power level off the Tome of the Night Sky, as far as I understood it. Therefore, nerf/buff suggestions are welcome.
Ahh, I see. Still busy as heck, Have another 2 exams to study for but their power levels seem good for what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazenoyuuchi View Post
*waves* Hope you enjoy your stay here
Old 2008-06-25, 08:31   Link #1833
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Anyone placing any bets that the Sigil of the Proud Heart is going to become a hot item around here?

To the new guy: Welcome to the nuthouse! Here's your t-shirt!

*Hands kaze a t-shirt with "Nano/Fate Forever!" stamped across the front*

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:38   Link #1834
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Oh and there is no "thread pairing". Feel free to develop them as you wish! Take me for example; I paired my main with pretty much any--

*is hammered by Anita*
Old 2008-06-25, 08:44   Link #1835
Liingo
Love Hina?

Sif theres no thread pairings....

*coughHayurioncough*

>_>

*runs*
Old 2008-06-25, 08:47   Link #1836
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, okay, there are pairings you will only see in this thread. But that's mostly because nobody seems to bother with poor Hayate, because I can't see Aaron complaining if someone creates an OC that falls for Hayate. Heck, if anything he'd be cheering them on for creating more Hayate!
Old 2008-06-25, 08:47   Link #1837
Aaron008R

AurionXHayate is just a CRACK pairing, dammit!!! <_<

I'm officially shipping HayateXGrandis!!!

And what Keroko said is true.:3 I already am anticipating Estavali's story with his own version of a romance for Hayate.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:55   Link #1838
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Likewise I encourage people to create romance pairings for Vivio, even with my OC Syn being one herself. The more Vivio, the better.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:59   Link #1839
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Remember people, OC thread accepts all pairings as worthy of exploration.

Except yaoi, but then who in their right minds accepts yaoi?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 08:59   Link #1840
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Likewise I encourage people to create romance pairings for Vivio, even with my OC Syn being one herself. The more Vivio, the better.
*Smells an invitation*

*Plots crack*

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content