AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-08-16, 17:57   Link #501
Medivh

1) I believe it is the legal restrictions that was talked about.

2) mostly legal stuff

3)not sure about this, but most probably she's only allowed during crisis and missions.

4)supposedly

5)yea you can. But you still need to be somewhat proficient in MI.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 07:22   Link #502
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Question:

1. It is said that out of all the Outer systematic Magic, the harshest restriction is for the users of Mental control magics aka MI.. so was it mentioned in the LN what are these restrictions??
2. Asuza is a mental magic user right? She used it to calm down the students in the hall, i dont see her restrictions there except that Mayumi said she will take responsibility.
3. Based on nmber 2, when Mayumi said she will take responsibility, i take that she means the "saegusa" or as a member of the 10mc she will take responsibility. So Miyuki is now on 10 Mc wouldnt that make her restriction less from using MI??
4. Is MI users that rare???
5. Can a magician learn a mental interference magic and put the sequence in their own CADs???

Thanks.
1. It's the possibility to control other persons that has been restricted. Since there's no definition of how far one was able to control other, so all usage of MI magic are restricted.

2. Since even the usage of MI is restricted, she didn't even thought of using her power before Mayumi said she would take the responsibility.

3. No, the restriction still holds to everyone. Mayumi dared to take responsibility because the situation permitted. However Miyuki's opinions would have higher chances if there's situation that can only be solved with MI magics.

4. Supposedly yes, because no one dares enough to say he/she is really proficient in MI (If one was able to hide the fact he/she is an MI user, he/she would do so).

5. Yes, to limited extend. The pure MI user is heredity though.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 16:14   Link #503
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What ever happened to the 'Relic' that GAA was trying to steal back during the Thesis contest?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 16:44   Link #504
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What ever happened to the 'Relic' that GAA was trying to steal back during the Thesis contest?
Nothing.

It haven't been mentioned in many volumes.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 21:13   Link #505
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I guess the author couldn't figure out how to help J. Tatsuya with it

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 14:37   Link #506
Diocar

is this true? when did this happen?

His skill displays not only in the existence of various sub-species of Decomposition, but also his mastery to control the scale. Besides the devastating large scale effects, he is capable of using it to dismantle mechanical devices like arms or locks, and with the help of Fujibayashi Kyouko he learnt to be able to use it to delete electronically recorded data too
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 09:40   Link #507
Aika Natsume

in the story of fumiya and ayako, during the monolith code,
Shipou put up a barrier to shield himself against the impending pain brought by Fumiya who is using direct pain but still the pain managed to hit him.

Question: between Katsuto and Miyuki. If Miyuki uses cocytus and Katsuto already has his phalanx to protect him, would it still KO Katsuto? Or would phalanx be able to withstand cocytus???
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 18:22   Link #508
amtro
Distro

Phalanx sets up a psion wall in addition to the different barriers against phenomena. The psion wall directly interferes with a mage's aim. Maya's meteor rain passes through it because she doesn't need visual confirmation to use her magic. Tatsuya can decompose it.
Old 2017-10-27, 23:02   Link #509
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Phalanx sets up a psion wall in addition to the different barriers against phenomena. The psion wall directly interferes with a mage's aim. Maya's meteor rain passes through it because she doesn't need visual confirmation to use her magic. Tatsuya can decompose it.
So no? Cocytus cant breakthru phalanx because miyuki has to aim for katsuto?
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 01:41   Link #510
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
So no? Cocytus cant breakthru phalanx because miyuki has to aim for katsuto?
Unknown. It depends on whether Katsuto can put up a Psion barrier strong enough to block Cocytus.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 16:29   Link #511
amtro
Distro

Has nothing to do with that. Yes Phalanx blocks Cocytus. The psion barrier is like a shroud and to get through it you have to either decompose it, or find a way to aim without using visual confirmation of the target. Maya's magic sets a point and then draws a line with her light and everything the light touches is decomposed. Maya's magic is a decomposition magic that uses light to aim, rather than the user's sight.
Old 2017-10-31, 15:41   Link #512
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Psion Barrier nothing more is than raising a wall made of Psions in front of the user. It can only block spells directly targeting the caster, I don't remember it ever being stated that a Psion Barrier could outright block visual targeting itself. That doesn't make sense.

As far as I remember, a Psion Barrier should work similarly to Tomitsuka's contact-type Gram Demolition. It blocks spells that directly interfere with the user, but the user can still be targeted visually by other magicians.

Moreover, even IF a Psion Barrier can indeed block visual confirmation, it has to have a limit. I truly doubt something like that would ever be able to impede a magician on the level of Miyuki.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 19:18   Link #513
amtro
Distro

Magicians use enhanced sight to lock on to a target. Tatsuya's ES takes it to an extreme.
Hence visual targeting still uses psion sensory abilities and in rare cases like Juumonji's, direct phenomena interference of the user's specific specialty (Katsuto can sense sudden changes in density and structure).
Old 2017-11-03, 21:03   Link #514
Reaver102

I think its only Tatsuya who can even see the cloud of psions. A normal magician isn't impeded for that reason as most spell don't need to act directly on the information the way decomposition does. For cocytus a psion cloud should mean nothing because the spell isnt acting on the physical world but rather the spiritual one. If a barrier could stop MI magic it wouldn't be so feared.
Reaver102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 22:06   Link #515
amtro
Distro

Reread vol 3-4
Old 2017-11-03, 23:32   Link #516
Reaver102

Well I understand what your saying in regards that she could not target his information body because the psion shield has it hidden, without coordinates the magic fails. My thoughts on the matter is that Miyuki is not targeting, or needs to use the information body to target the soul. Rather she is looking for the pushion body that contains the soul and freezing that. How MI magicians target the soul doesn't seem to be addressed yet probably because in universe no one really knows how MI magic really works. If MI mages do need to use the eidos to find their targets then I concede that you're right, but that creates a bit of a plothole in that its stated that MI magic has no known counter measures.

Edit: Another thought on this couldn't you extrapolate the location of the soul based on the location of the psion shield?

Last edited by Reaver102; 2017-11-03 at 23:43. Reason: Additional Thought:
Reaver102 is offline   Reply With Quote