AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-07-13, 12:49   Link #701
Lex79

Quote:
...I wonder how reading a manga with a guy freaking out over a bra for 15 pages has become part of my life every week.
Good question. In my case, I started reading this after two other series I was particularly invested in ended and I was looking for a new romcom. Sadly the manga declined in quality other time and now what is keeping me here is basically sunken cost fallacy, as in I've read it for years and I want to see the end. At some point I was close to drop it, then Kazuya decided to confess and I thought that the series would end in 20-30 chapters and kept reading...how wrong I was.
Old 2022-07-13, 13:38   Link #702
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I CAN'T QUIT IT. I DON'T KNOW WHY

I hate this....but I can't quit it. I managed to drop Koi to Uso....but WHY do I keep reading this one
Old 2022-07-13, 13:41   Link #703
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I dropped Koi to Uso because that MC did nothing either for himself or others and we he did he utterly crashed it all.
Kazuya isn't a saint but at the very least we saw him try, sometimes he wins sometimes he is a failure.
Female characters have their own character more than the other I guess too .
Old 2022-07-13, 17:39   Link #704
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I CAN'T QUIT IT. I DON'T KNOW WHY
Its like trying to look away from a car accident or a landfill fire or something... next to impossible to do.

There's a lot of people on Reddit and Discord who are really, really vested in the series though. I was originally curious how Reiji was going to put them together but now I mostly stick around to laugh at the hardcore Kazuya and Chihuahua shippers as well as the sunk cost fallacy crowd. I don't know how long I can handle the writing anymore though. Seems like its going to be a while before anything happens.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 17:53   Link #705
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I dropped Koi to Uso because that MC did nothing either for himself or others and we he did he utterly crashed it all.
I was most entertained by ANN's review statement: "Just because someone decided to make a character out of the color beige....." I forget the rest but nail on the head there.

@stray: "CHIHUAHUA".

.....speaking of Chihuahuas....I remember getting excited about seeing a chapter illustration of Chizuru with a puppy.

Cause I thought, you know...maybe we'd get a story of her adopting a puppy.

No. THAT would be too wholesome and fun for this manga. My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined. How dare Miyajima bait me like that.
Old 2022-07-17, 04:34   Link #706
WingedAccelerator

Very funny. Guess lying through the manga became a habit of the staff working on this too.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 05:54   Link #707
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Always been ever since 2 chapters since the 218 fuck up. Maybe they want to damage control now that it has anime and more going on.
Old 2022-07-17, 08:09   Link #708
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post

Very funny. Guess lying through the manga became a habit of the staff working on this too.
More like an antisocial otaku's standard for change is different from the kind of change you're expecting. Remember that this is someone who treats talking to a girl after no contact for 3 months as an accomplishment despite being in a relationship before.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 09:17   Link #709
WingedAccelerator

But this is intended for the readers. Not all of them are antisocial otakus.

Kazuya did what Kazuya does all the time. A change would have been giving a deadline to Chizuru instead. If she can't figure out her feelings in a month, then fuck off for eternity, stop giving him hope and mixed signals. We all know stuff like this won't ever happen.
Old 2022-07-17, 09:40   Link #710
Shadow5YA

And who would those readers be?

It's published in Kodansha's Weekly Shounen Magazine, the direct counterpart to Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump.

The target demographic would be Japanese highschool boys.
If you consider who would be passionate enough to spend money on the volumes and merchandise, that would be the older adult otaku.

In either case, neither of those demographics predominantly have people who have had healthy relationships with the opposite sex to be able to tell that these types of interactions are not it.
Let's also remember that this manga wasn't written with foreigners who read the manga for free on the internet in mind either.
Old 2022-07-17, 10:41   Link #711
WingedAccelerator

Irrelevant information. Not that I wouldn't know which publishing giant and which magazine publishes this for which demographic.

The target demographic are indeed teenaage boys. So all or majority of them are automatically antisocial otakus? And the message was aimed at them specifically and they will indeed think without a doubt there was progress here? Surely you jest.

The volume version removes all of the editorial texts and messages for the record, chapter cover texts too, so only a magazine buyer could have read this, who could very well buy the magazine for something else. Or someone who reads the magazine version translations. I wouldn't underestimate foreign audience and the care for them considering the cancelled Hinowa ga Yuku! series acknowledged foreign readers kind of out of nowhere.
Old 2022-07-17, 11:19   Link #712
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Irrelevant information. Not that I wouldn't know which publishing giant and which magazine publishes this for which demographic.

The target demographic are indeed teenaage boys. So all or majority of them are automatically antisocial otakus? And the message was aimed at them specifically and they will indeed think without a doubt there was progress here? Surely you jest.
Whatever they are, they certainly wouldn't have experience going on dates.

On top of how strict Japanese high schools are, the majority of them certainly wouldn't have the freedom to be invited to a stage play. That is progress to them.

Quote:
The volume version removes all of the editorial texts and messages for the record, chapter cover texts too, so only a magazine buyer could have read this, who could very well buy the magazine for something else. Or someone who reads the magazine version translations. I wouldn't underestimate foreign audience and the care for them considering the cancelled Hinowa ga Yuku! series acknowledged foreign readers kind of out of nowhere.
Don't lump them all together. The only one who acknowledged foreign readers was the artist, Strelka. They even say that it's their own personal statement as a subcontractor and not an official one by the author or publisher.

Since you're talking about the editorial subtext, you are also giving irrelevant information.

If anything, it also proves that the editorial department treats foreign readers as secondary.
Old 2022-07-17, 15:27   Link #713
WingedAccelerator

You are way off. The progress part came after Kazuya's "waiting 10-20 years" speech chapter as the beginning page for the next one. So the progress is the exact same thing as before. Nothing. Chapters passed for Chizuru to tell him the exact same thing she told him few chapters before. Something something investigation, something something wait a bit more. Therefore the staff lied. Case closed, no matter who is the intended audience.

Also, you brought foreigners into this. I just added my two cents that you never know if they care at least minimally or don't. Absolute statements don't age well.
Old 2022-07-17, 22:33   Link #714
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
In either case, neither of those demographics predominantly have people who have had healthy relationships with the opposite sex to be able to tell that these types of interactions are not it.
I'm pretty sure that just a cursory look at the amount of yen he's paid Chizuru so far would tell you its not particularly "healthy".

There might be more shippers in the west; from what I've seen of the Japanese audience they're much more okay with the author dragging it out.
Old 2022-07-18, 08:12   Link #715
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Always been ever since 2 chapters since the 218 fuck up. Maybe they want to damage control now that it has anime and more going on.
After how the crowdfunding nearly reached one and half of amount asked, part of me wished anime will be popular enough to get the meme animated.

Old 2022-07-18, 15:38   Link #716
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Its really disappointing how shitty simpy is to Ruka at this point. I know the harem can't really afford to lose her but the guy really needs to grow a pair and just break it off with her.
Old 2022-07-18, 16:16   Link #717
WingedAccelerator

Wow, the bar is really low. I mean that's a consensus, but for this chapter to get praised generally? The readers are starving. To me the conversation on LINE was just too convenient and almost quite sudden. Not only it negates the problem of them being incapable of interacting for real next to each other, it also negates the problem of pacing. Shove in a 2-page spread of text messages and gosh, they are conversing like natural human beings for hours, praise this author that's progress for real. And all it took was 5 minutes of planning.

Ruka indeed clean up like I have said she would do. But damn, the bullshit is real with the situation. She went there, cleaned up multiple times, noticed the mess always came back, noticed Kazuya was not going to part-time work, but she never woke him up to ask what's up, why is he always sleeping? I know she texted him, but he didn't even answer that, so then ask verbally, duh. Kazuya like usual is surprised she cared and she was worried, when she didn't broke up with him. All while he is texting Chizuru in hopes of getting the okay from her. Unbeliavable.

Then there is grandma, who I also mentioned when the 3 months of ghosting happened. Acting like her usual self, how convenient is it that only now she remembered that she has a Chizuru fetish, a bigger one than Kazuya's and she was deprived of that for 3 months.

How convenient will be the new semester next chapter when Kazuya also gets away with the missed university months.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2022-07-18 at 16:26.
Old 2022-07-18, 20:25   Link #718
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Wow, the bar is really low. I mean that's a consensus, but for this chapter to get praised generally?
Tell me about it. Over at reddit they're having orgasms over this chapter. The bar isn't low, it's buried deep underground...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-19, 14:17   Link #719
Chiibi

"You've moved on"!?

Wow....does Ruka actually think this? How many more braincells could this girl possibly lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Whatever they are, they certainly wouldn't have experience going on dates.
You really shouldn't make assumptions like that? It makes you look like an ass.

A person can read any type of manga for any reason. Dating/ having a social life has nothing to do with it.

My friend is happily married with a wife and child he loves and he still watches the anime adaptation for this manga. So....shut up.
Old 2022-07-19, 23:36   Link #720
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
You really shouldn't make assumptions like that? It makes you look like an ass.

A person can read any type of manga for any reason. Dating/ having a social life has nothing to do with it.

My friend is happily married with a wife and child he loves and he still watches the anime adaptation for this manga. So....shut up.
Your anecdotal experience about the anime does not have anything to do with the target audience that the author or the editorial department is aiming for, nor does it make you or your friend a part of the target audience.

What I originally replied to someone claiming the author was lying, to which I was saying that they're probably not lying, just that the target audience is most likely a Japanese audience with standards probably different from foreigners reading it on the internet.

You turning a reply not even directed towards you into something about you is not my problem.

Tags
harem, rom com