Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-08-30, 09:57   Link #741
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Why is Kibe, Kuri are not options to ask? Let alone just finding some hotel somewhere?
That's a pretty good question. guess Miyajima forgot.
Old 2022-08-30, 10:00   Link #742
Shadow5YA

Quote:
This aside, Nagomi was annoying as fuck again. This joke with Saiful should have had a setup in the Paradise arc, but no. Why would the author hint Kazuya can't go back to his home whenever he wants because an actual chad he never ever will become is occupying his room? Just live with the princess already, shoo shoo. Why is Kibe, Kuri are not options to ask? Let alone just finding some hotel somewhere?
A hotel isn't meant for staying extended periods of time. At best he could stay there for a few nights, but he would still have to find another place to live after that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 10:08   Link #743
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
That's a pretty good question. guess Miyajima forgot.
To be fair, they may not be in situations where they can let him stay, though I agree they should have at least mentioned that.

What's more annoying is that Nagomi couldn't even allow him to sleep on the floor with a futon or something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 23:53   Link #744
Chiibi

Yeah, that could be true as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What's more annoying is that Nagomi couldn't even allow him to sleep on the floor with a futon or something.
Honestly, Nagomi's starting to piss me off a lot. She really treats her own grandson like shit.

Would she be nicer to him if he was a girl?

I really think so.

But I mean, HE IS ONLY 21. That's like.....a baby in America. As far as making a living for yourself? Or a career? HE'S. IN. COLLEGE?? You can't even rent a freaking car at that age.

Maybe Japanese young adults are way more independent... Still....he's in college so WTF does she even expect him to do?
Old 2022-08-31, 03:08   Link #745
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A hotel isn't meant for staying extended periods of time. At best he could stay there for a few nights, but he would still have to find another place to live after that.
The residents get compensation though. 10 months of rent. So he could really find some place somewhere else, or go from hotel to hotel if extended stay is an issue.

What about some university dormitory? Or his boss at the karaoke place who is a kindred soul in simping?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-31, 11:45   Link #746
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The residents get compensation though. 10 months of rent. So he could really find some place somewhere else, or go from hotel to hotel if extended stay is an issue.

What about some university dormitory? Or his boss at the karaoke place who is a kindred soul in simping?
Hotels are expensive and staying one week in a hotel can already cost more than a couple months worth of rent.

That 10 months worth of rent is also not actually 10 months because in Japan you have to pay a mandatory fee to the landlord that's worth 1~6 months of rent called reikin 礼金.
Old 2022-08-31, 12:03   Link #747
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
What about some university dormitory?
Most uni dorms don't allow long term guests. I originally thought this was why he didn't stay with his friends.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 21:33   Link #748
Chiibi

He can go stay in a CAPSULE hotel for 10 months; haha just kidding....those things seem kinda hellish.

I can only imagine how claustrophobic people feel about them...
Old 2022-09-05, 16:31   Link #749
WingedAccelerator

Damn, Kazuya really wasted his allowance, paychecks and spare funds on a rental girlfriend and he still thinks it was worth it. The dude never learns. 1+ million yen out of the window for delusions.

Time for Kuri and Kibe to shine and save the day! Except they tell Kazuya to fuck off. Rumor says they were friends for a long time, but Kazuya recommended them Fairy Tail, and they are no longer friends.

Plot device Yaemori suggests the same fucking thing Nagomi suggested last chapter, but somehow it's a totally different thing now that deserves a chapter cliffhanger. Fuck that Endless 8 shirt too!
Old 2022-09-05, 23:40   Link #750
Shadow5YA

It's perfectly in their right to refuse. Some people want their personal space and friends are not entitled to invade on that.
Old 2022-09-06, 03:13   Link #751
WingedAccelerator

Friendship includes favors. He is close to becoming a homeless person and they just don't care. Even letting him stay the night, then telling him to leave in the morning would be more than enough, but no.

Of course this is due to the universe bending to force the Kazuya-Chizuru cohabitation. Earthquake, eviction, everyone treating Kazuya as shittily as ever. No money to boot, everything is expensive to stay in. Why doesn't he just move to the house of a rental girlfriend, who may or may not reciprocate his feelings, but is in the middle of investigating about said feelings and would appreciate some peace? Surely, the investigation is fair and square if Kazuya going to act like her personal butler, desperate to earn Chizuru points. Greatest idea ever! It definitely won't cause more lies and misunderstandings.
Old 2022-09-06, 12:04   Link #752
Chiibi

Seeing Chizuru think about her grandparents while eating dinner alone did legit hurt.
Old 2022-09-12, 17:09   Link #753
WingedAccelerator

This week's chapter could have been a fun one, or palatable by the manga's standards.

But it was not. In my teens, I probably would have laughed about the romcom joke. Give it 10 years and I don't find it funny when the anime/manga character brings up how the setup is like they are in an anime/manga. Especially if said manga is awful. Fuck off, Yaemori. Not only is she now the "official wingwoman", she apparently watched a romcom so that's enough to initiate a strategy meeting where they are thinking about what kind of bullshit reason they should come up with to make Kazuya move in together with Chizuru. They are awful.

Kazuya is broke, but spent money on drinking? Or perhaps Yaemori paid for him? If the latter than he wasted no time to go for 3-4 jugs on her bill.

What Yaemori said had some truths, but this is of course Chizuru. Kazuya is never gonna doubt her, so any interesting possibilities where Kazuya has enough of her bullshit is not gonna happen. Bet if he wastes himself now and asks the moving in as a total drunk, he will be allowed to move in. Or Chizuru let's her guard down and spills she is lonely.
Old 2022-09-12, 18:36   Link #754
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Kazuya is broke, but spent money on drinking? Or perhaps Yaemori paid for him? If the latter than he wasted no time to go for 3-4 jugs on her bill.
There are bars in Japan that offer nomihoudai (all-you-can-drink) for 2~3ish hours that costs only around ~1200 yen.

It probably is Yaemori's treat, but it's not necessarily true that she will have to pay more.
Old 2022-09-13, 09:31   Link #755
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

No matter how broke Kaz is he'll find a way to rent Chihuaha, I'm sure.

I have no idea what Reiji is doing anymore and have lost almost all interest in actually reading the manga. I'm really looking forward to the scene where Chiz goes on a rental date after Kaz moves in with her though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 12:30   Link #756
Chiibi

I dunno what I expected to happen...but not very much happened.

Also...Kazuya seems to have a nasty habit of looking down on otaku...he should fix himself first before criticizing others who ironically have their shit together better than he does
Old 2022-09-13, 13:47   Link #757
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
No matter how broke Kaz is he'll find a way to rent Chihuaha, I'm sure.

I have no idea what Reiji is doing anymore and have lost almost all interest in actually reading the manga. I'm really looking forward to the scene where Chiz goes on a rental date after Kaz moves in with her though.
Nah, remember she said a few chapters ago she'll stop and instead switch to being a hostess. So much better...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 15:44   Link #758
WingedAccelerator

Rental girlfriend, hostess, idol, e-thot bra presenter/streamer something...

Just the finest of job collections and dreams.
Old 2022-09-13, 18:35   Link #759
Johnny
Working the bags...

You forgot JAV actress...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-14, 12:35   Link #760
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Nah, remember she said a few chapters ago she'll stop and instead switch to being a hostess. So much better...

This may be a stupid question...but what exactly does a hostess do in Japan?

Tags
harem, rom com