AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-12-15, 19:23   Link #841
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Kaz is 100% a cringe lord; he's basically a male Kuroki Tomoko with a harem. Its only a matter of time until his next NTR boner.
...you haven't actually read Watamote recently, have you? Because Tomoko has had stable friendships for years now. Most of her degenerate delusions barely take up the page at most and the majority of chapters have been her interacting with her friends.
But that's beside the point.

Kazuya imagining something that didn't happen is not the same as reacting to something that does happen.
That's not a statement on whether Kazuya is likeable or not, because he isn't.

It's just that the reality of his character design is that he overthinks and doesn't do anything. Getting a boner for a real NTR incident, as creepy as that would be, would be a reaction to something real instead of just a delusion.

Remember that Kazuya is supposed to be "relatable" from Miyajima's otaku perspective. It's not uncommon for someone with low self-esteem to think the idol or girl out of their league is with another guy. It's an entirely different story if Kazuya actually gets cucked and enjoys it. Those are not the same scenario.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-12-15 at 23:34.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 22:40   Link #842
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well, TBF Tomoko has gone trough a lot in a larger span of time.
Kazuya also lacks key friends that can relate to him and help him move on.
Tomoko has a friendly family enviroment, Kazuya has a toxic useless family.
Old 2022-12-16, 04:59   Link #843
WingedAccelerator

The nail in the coffin for Kazuya is that the fake relationship is already 2+ years old and he had classic romcom shenanigans, fanservice situations through it. Being on top of Chizuru, mouth to mouth resuscitation, accidental boob grab, sleeping in the same room with nothing, but a bathrobe on, seeing Chizuru in swimsuits, real date, real kiss etc.

Yet, even after all these incidents, events, he overreacts to the most insignificant, most mundane things like he developed some sort of mental disorder, which seems more likely each passing chapter. The dude has zero chill. And it's not related to just Chizuru stuff. The page where Peter the cat came inside the house was a display of insanity.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 08:47   Link #844
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
...you haven't actually read Watamote recently, have you? Because Tomoko has had stable friendships for years now. Most of her degenerate delusions barely take up the page at most and the majority of chapters have been her interacting with her friends.
But that's beside the point.
I read Watamote religiously, actually, and have all the manga volumes as well. Which is why I have to laugh at Kanokari fans; Tomoko got the character progression shippers and Kazuya sympathizers can only dream of.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 00:39   Link #845
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It's crazy how Watamote was mentioned by a few of you; coincidentally I am reading the manga now, myself
It's very very funny! Yoshida in particular kills me....the way she beats the crap out of anyone who insults her beloved Disney characters is just hilarious
Old 2022-12-27, 23:54   Link #846
AndrewR5D4

Chizuru is boring me so much, I might actually be rooting for Mami. Ruka's an annoying brat and Chizuru a walking trainwreck, but at least our favorite villainess has a reason for being so messed up in the head.

This last chapter's implications raise the question of why she dumped Kazuya to begin with. She mentioned they had even started talking about names for kids while dating. Someone who was willing to indulge that little fantasy was probably not entirely unhappy. Is it possible the real reason she dropped Kazuya is because they were actually doing well, and she was trying to protect herself from (what she believed would be) heartbreak and disappointment?
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 04:09   Link #847
WingedAccelerator

Reminder that the author didn't plan out Mami at all outside of the initial breakup scene of the pilot chapter. Any discrepancies regarding Mami's backstory and her relationship with Kazuya are due to this.

The author also jokingly said Mami will never develop as a character, only her negative emotions will get stronger, but this was way before the Paradise arc fiasco. At least I believe he wouldn't spoil Mami's change of heart and just pretends that she is always going to play the villain role. He also mentioned that he deliberately kept Mami away from the manga because according to his bullshit, her presence is so strong that it would break the manga in large portions. Cool, bet he feels the same about Ruka and Sumi nowadays. Everyone is an enemy of the Chizuru wank.
Old 2022-12-28, 08:43   Link #848
EroKing

Not the finger action I thought I would see 260+ chapters in. Also, whoever added the harem tag to the thread probably should remove it...
Old 2022-12-29, 21:06   Link #849
AndrewR5D4

It's not like Mami's jerk father would approve of her seriously dating the homeless grandson of a liquor store owner.
Old 2023-01-11, 22:31   Link #850
Chiibi

Stupid Kazuya....NO, Chizuru doesn't have to tell you every. single. little. detail. about her life...gawd that part of him is so creepy...why does he even expect that from her?

At least Sumi is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Chizuru is boring me so much, I might actually be rooting for Mami. Ruka's an annoying brat and Chizuru a walking trainwreck, but at least our favorite villainess has a reason for being so messed up in the head.
I can absolutely hop on this train. lol Mami's actually interesting.
Old 2023-01-12, 05:10   Link #851
WingedAccelerator

No cuck genjutsu to start this year? What kind of travesty is this?!

The chapter is full of the usual patterns. Meaningless pages and dialogues. There is the Kazuya doubting himself moment again (The author usually draws his face sideways when it happens), but of course Chizuru last minute remembers where Kazuya sat during the play. Would genuinely surprised if she stays with the staff and celebrates there, but most likely she isn't and Kazuya and co gets rewarded again.

Speaking of Kazuya and co, only Nagomi is missing from the Chizuru cheerleader squad. What a surprise. I call bullshit on Sumi knowing where Chizuru lives though. She only recently moved there and they are not even that close. It's more like Sumi thinking she is indebted to Chizuru just because she helped her in the basics regarding the rental job and treated him nicely. They don't even hang out and when they visited Sayuri in the hospital, it also only happened because Sumi saw Chizuru going there and followed her, it was not an invitation or planned meeting at all.

Whatever. Chizuru Wankers, assemble!

One last thing, just because Chizuru is working with a good script doesn't mean she is a unique talent in acting. Shut the fuck up Kazuya! Wow, the script had funny lines, the audience laughed, therefore "It's clear to anyone watching. Mizuhara is a rare talent", she moves the heart of people.
Old 2023-01-12, 12:47   Link #852
Chiibi

As someone who knows how much work it is to make such a beautiful rose cake like that,

SHE BETTER STAY WITH HER CAST MEMBERS AND EAT IT.

Refusing to would make you a freaking bitch. lol
Old 2023-01-17, 12:53   Link #853
AndrewR5D4

Between the ghosting, the gaslighting, and the indecisiveness... Does anyone know the reason why Kazuya doesn't walk away from this toxic relationship?
Old 2023-01-17, 17:39   Link #854
WingedAccelerator

He convinced himself early on that Chizuru is the special one. Whether someone suggests that there are issues or Kazuya thinks of himself as the lowest of the low, he just wants to be useful to that woman, he trusts her completely, and currently is super happy that such girl is investigating her feelings for him. So the reason is... he and the story is written in this unrealistic way.
Old 2023-01-18, 00:23   Link #855
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Between the ghosting, the gaslighting, and the indecisiveness... Does anyone know the reason why Kazuya doesn't walk away from this toxic relationship?
His selfconfidence has been hit to oblivion thanks to her toxic family so anything would have made him feel as a winner, even Mami, but she dumped him then Chizuru came and now he thinks he found gold.
Old 2023-01-18, 15:46   Link #856
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
His selfconfidence has been hit to oblivion thanks to her toxic family so anything would have made him feel as a winner, even Mami, but she dumped him then Chizuru came and now he thinks he found fool's gold.
Fixed it.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 19:29   Link #857
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Your POV, I'm talking about Kazuya's
Old 2023-01-19, 22:40   Link #858
Chiibi

I'm really glad Chizuru appreciated what her friends did for her at least!
Old 2023-01-24, 17:50   Link #859
WingedAccelerator

How convenient it is for Chizuru to completely forget she invited Sumi to Sayuri's home. What a load of bullshit again. The author really wants people to believe that they are friends or something, but not only is he asspulling Sumi to the house after she was last seen more than 100 chapters ago, their relationship is once again has an unbalanced display as Sumi clearly cares more for Chizuru than Chizuru cares for her. Sounds awfully familiar, right?

Also, stop with the frequent reminders about Chizuru being miserable, "lonely". She has plenty or enough people she could turn to and open up. If she won't, that's her problem. Scenes like these annoy me when she recently went to a pub with friends, has a huge list of contacts on her phone, but the story still forces that she is some sort of tragic main heroine, pity her every 50-60 chapters or so.
Old 2023-01-24, 19:41   Link #860
AndrewR5D4

Chizuru has plenty of people in her life, but her own emotional constipation is what prevents this from being helpful. If you keep everything inside, it doesn't matter how many supporters you have. If I recall, she only really opened up to Kazuya once about her despair following her grandmother's passing. Since then she's gone back to acting completely normal when we know for a fact that she's in the middle of mulling over her own feelings and getting nowhere.

What's it gonna take to get her to be honest with herself?

Tags
harem, rom com