Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 11:37   Link #481
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works. I'm guessing he's a fan of Mozart, a Moztaku.
Or a Col. Sandertaku.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 12:56   Link #482
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works....
I'm not worried. There is lots of time for that to develop -- and no lack of candidates to be involved. Perhaps we may even get a romance that works out smoothly.

I don't see Sawa as a Mary Sue. She may be capable and basically kind, but she can be overbearing and takes her privileged position for granted. I think she's more interesting and complicated than the term will allow. Anyway, she's played by Hayami Saori, which makes me like her right away.

With these three excellent singers (Ayahime and Hayamin are two of the four best seiyuu/singers, in my opinion, and Asa-chan is better than I realized), I can see a field of many EDs stretching out ahead of us. They do a very good job of the first two.

The other two top seiyuu/singers, for me, are Nana-chan and Chihara Minori. But I actually admire their work more than I like it. For me, Hayamin has one of the most "beautiful" voices in the world, with an amazing sweetness. Ayahime has a college degree in vocal music, and gives any group a solid foundation (including Sphere, whose third album hit number one on its first day on the charts this week).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 15:48   Link #483
webkid94
*Author

I'm interested in the ED song because the artist is listed as "Shirahamazaka Koukou Gasshou-bu" which implies that it'll be sung eventually by the other cast members (hopefully the guys as well), instead of just Konatsu and Sawa..they look awfully lonely sitting there by themselves

Still anyone noticed MAL changed Wien's name to...something really japanese. I looked at the official Tari Tari website and they still list him as Wien.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:35   Link #484
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The story still roams around the girls well mainly... getting excited when the three gets close to the two guys.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:56   Link #485
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
There were these two lovely chibi sequences in the two eye-catches seen so far, I expect more of the same in the next episodes. I turned the first two in usable avatars:

Freebies of course.

Claiming the second one. Really liked the first episode, gonna make sure to watch episode 2 this weekend, and hopefully before episode 3 is out.

Never saw True Tears, but it was cool to have the OP of that in the first episode as the song the choir was practicing on.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 22:51   Link #486
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works.
Angel Beats didn't really start until about halfway, just for the record.

Regardless, those 'die hard romanticists' like myself only need some small event that can be construed as romantic here, or a possible implication of interest from one of the characters there, and we'd still be on it as if they'd blatantly told us the romance from the get go.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:44   Link #487
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitial View Post
Is this like a 'first to claim' or 'everyone can use it' kind of picture?
The first you said. Theoretically everyone may use it, but since I'd prefer not having identical avatars around, then the first who claims one gets it. In our case, the second one (Konatsu) has been claimed, so you can take the first (Wakana) if you wish.

Or alternatively you may wait for new ones (I assume episode 3 will have one of Sawa?).
Old 2012-07-13, 09:18   Link #488
arkxkra
全力全開

episode 2 feel kind of rush but still not bad, looking forward for next episode.

Sakai past seem interesting, wonder what make her stop music now.

and I like Sawa <3
Old 2012-07-13, 13:13   Link #489
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
episode 2 feel kind of rush but still not bad, looking forward for next episode.

Sakai past seem interesting, wonder what make her stop music now.

and I like Sawa <3
Those small flashbacks that showed when Sakai played that song during the club meetings probably indicate that it has something to do with her deceased mother.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:59   Link #490
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Sawa is friggin awesome. I could look at her in that outfit all day long.
Old 2012-07-13, 19:06   Link #491
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works.
Canaan?

Well there were some heavy yuri undertones but romance was never a big part of the show.

And yes,I'm a Sawa fanboy as well ( dat hat )
Old 2012-07-13, 20:57   Link #492
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I still long for the "romance" in this anime. But the anime is currently doing well. Hope I could see the love vibes soon.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:46   Link #493
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Canaan?

Well there were some heavy yuri undertones but romance was never a big part of the show.
Besides the yuri undertones there was also the male cameraman who had a crush on the mute girl working in a bar IIRC.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:00   Link #494
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Wait, so how much time went by between the club's approval and the recital? Was it the last recital? Gaaah!?
Old 2012-07-14, 13:41   Link #495
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onibur View Post
Wait, so how much time went by between the club's approval and the recital? Was it the last recital? Gaaah!?
Well I assume there was a time skip somewhere in the middle of the episode. They also said before that it's Konatsu's last chance before graduating to 'prove herself' or something, though my memory might be wrong.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:48   Link #496
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Never saw True Tears, but it was cool to have the OP of that in the first episode as the song the choir was practicing on.
Unless you really liked Angel Beats, then True Tears is considered the high-point of P.A. Works. Maybe it's my fanboy self talking, but I really don't think it'll be matched anytime soon . Nonetheless I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Hanasaku Iroha had potential to match/beat it (first two episodes and the Tokyo Arc and the final arc were f***ing amazing) but botched it, though it was still a very good series. Will have to see with Tari Tari, but I'm sorta doubting it despite having two solid episodes so far, with a third soon to come.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-14 at 14:32.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:25   Link #497
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
just watched the first two episodes. PA works did another amazing job with the animation. In episode 1 the choir was singing a song it reminded me of true tears reflectia but the way they sang it was weird.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:31   Link #498
hai_san

Also just watched the 1 EP , it is an excellent job by P.A, animation was amazing fluid and Charas quite interesting. Some normal setting anime in between the scifi mecha Aquarion or E7 Ao and deus ex machina Campione, it pique my interest.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:19   Link #499
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Newtype scan:
Old 2012-07-15, 00:32   Link #500
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Hanasaku Iroha had potential to match/beat it (first two episodes and the Tokyo Arc and the final arc were f***ing amazing) but botched it, though it was still a very good series. Will have to see with Tari Tari, but I'm sorta doubting it despite having two solid episodes so far, with a third soon to come.
Well, hopefully, the show won't implode on Ep. 3 like HanaIro did in terms of story quality (and we don't have Okada, so hopefully we'll avoid the *side characters must be more fleshed out than main characters!* strip in the middle of the show). Tari Tari is a bit early to say, we really do only have two episodes but its best to keep our expectations within some earthly realm. In terms of kickoff from the start, its one of the best this season.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works