AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-25, 15:06   Link #381
kuromitsu

If anyone's been wondering how Azazel is doing lately, the director Satou Keiichi posted a doodle of him (zoom suggested)...

You know, if this is what prison and torture does to him then I think he can stay for a bit longer (just let us watch ). Also, the first... OK, second... third thing I noticed is that he still has his right horn so I guess they haven't been going too hard on him, after all. Considering how he lost his other two horns, and all.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-26, 23:22   Link #382
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
If anyone's been wondering how Azazel is doing lately, the director Satou Keiichi posted a doodle of him (zoom suggested)...

You know, if this is what prison and torture does to him then I think he can stay for a bit longer (just let us watch ). Also, the first... OK, second... third thing I noticed is that he still has his right horn so I guess they haven't been going too hard on him, after all. Considering how he lost his other two horns, and all.
Didn't the director said he has no role in the next arc. So, the next episode will be most likely his last showtime.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Come to think of it. He started having bad luck since last season. After he was injured by Jeanne, he was injured by his fellow demon. While lying on the ground, the horse carriage ran over him.
In this season, he is constantly throwing into grounds, as well as walls. Since he recovered as a loony tooney charcter, it's becoming a bit comical.

Last edited by scififan; 2017-06-26 at 23:33.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 07:15   Link #383
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Didn't the director said he has no role in the next arc. So, the next episode will be most likely his last showtime.
Did he say that? When? I don't remember this.

Anyway, I totally wouldn't be surprised if he was killed off (even though I'd really hate it), but also the way he was built up in this season I wouldn't expect him to be killed off just as a sideplot to the gods vs Charioce showdown. (Also I wouldn't think the director would just spoil his death like that! )

Also, he's always been unlucky (that, and stupid), that is his charm. I think if he wasn't such a failure he wouldn't work half as well as he does as a character.
Old 2017-06-27, 10:11   Link #384
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I also didn't hear that, and I hope it's not true. Azazel was one of the biggest reasons the first cour of "Virgin Soul" was better than the first season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 19:40   Link #385
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kaisar fears the god/demon alliance which might make Azazel a key player again. That wouldn't be required if the angels had dominated Charioce and company. My guess is that the Death Star will even the playing field considerably and make an alliance between the angels and demons more urgent. I'm assuming that horde we saw Gabriel addressing were all angels, right?

I'm trying to imagine the scene where Azazel and Gabriel negotiate their alliance. Given how prissy Gabriel appears to be, she'd probably want to bathe immediately after being near Azazel for more than a minute or two. Or, who knows, maybe opposites attract? (Hears kuromitsu crying softly in the distance...)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 22:59   Link #386
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Alternatively, Gabriel dies in this battle, and it is up to someone else to forge the alliance with Azazel--perhaps Sophiel, El, or even Bacchus?
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 04:07   Link #387
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm trying to imagine the scene where Azazel and Gabriel negotiate their alliance. Given how prissy Gabriel appears to be, she'd probably want to bathe immediately after being near Azazel for more than a minute or two. Or, who knows, maybe opposites attract? (Hears kuromitsu crying softly in the distance...)
Hah, why would I? I wouldn't be the one who has to live with Azazel... or Gabriel, for that matter. Both are dicks, really, one is just a cuter, more charming dick.

For that matter I think Azazel is by far not smart enough to think of an alliance with the gods. Something like that would be more like Lucifer, actually. (Wherever he is - if Azazel and Cerberus are alive I don't think Lucifer is dead.) If it's Azazel's idea then it's probably going to involve Mugaro in some way.
Old 2017-06-28, 11:45   Link #388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought that as a former angel, Azazel would be the perfect person to act as a bridge between the Gods and the Demons, but now that you mention it I think Lucifer is more likely to make the alliance possible. Mainly because he was once an Archangel like Gabriel and they must have known each other quite well, but also because he is the legitimate ruler of the demons. Azazel is most likely not ranked high enough for Gabriel to even consider negotiating with him.
Old 2017-06-28, 13:12   Link #389
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought that as a former angel, Azazel would be the perfect person to act as a bridge between the Gods and the Demons, but now that you mention it I think Lucifer is more likely to make the alliance possible. Mainly because he was once an Archangel like Gabriel and they must have known each other quite well, but also because he is the legitimate ruler of the demons. Azazel is most likely not ranked high enough for Gabriel to even consider negotiating with him.
Azazel is technically Lucifer's right-hand man - well, used to be, until Charioce kicked their collective butt. I think aside of being a demon, the main issue here is Azazel being Azazel... his negotiating technique is probably along the lines of "Hey gods, I hate you and normally I wouldn't even consider this, but I guess I wouldn't mind helping you out just this once. But only on my terms!" <- while still dragging his chains and barely being able to walk

We haven't seen a lot of Lucifer in Genesis, but he seemed more diplomatic...
Old 2017-06-28, 17:03   Link #390
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Hah, why would I? I wouldn't be the one who has to live with Azazel... or Gabriel, for that matter. Both are dicks, really, one is just a cuter, more charming dick.
I don't know. The purple lipstick and powdered look is kind of a turnoff for me and ruins an otherwise handsome face and well toned body, so I'm rather reluctant to use the label cute here.
Old 2017-06-28, 17:39   Link #391
kuromitsu

Aw, come on, it does bring out his eyes so well.

(Actually I'm not sure it's supposed to be lipstick? Going by his original design it's just his natural lip color, which was mostly left as such for some reason as the character design was simplified during the series and between S1 and S2, and other male characters eventually lost theirs. I guess it was too conspicuous at that point.)
Old 2017-06-29, 18:22   Link #392
CptChaos

This shot - Dammit Kaisar!
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 18:56   Link #393
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I know Rita has a crush on Kaisar, but really what kind of relationship could they have? He'd be much better off with Jeanne in the long run; they could ride around fighting evil and raising Mugaro and his future sibllings.

It must be tough to be Rita. So mature yet locked up in that loli form.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 23:15   Link #394
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I know Rita has a crush on Kaisar, but really what kind of relationship could they have? He'd be much better off with Jeanne in the long run; they could ride around fighting evil and raising Mugaro and his future sibllings.
He can ride zombie dragons around with Rita and bump uglies and raise Nina together, of course. Favaro can be the godfather.

What is Kaisar doing in that shot anyway?
Old 2017-06-30, 00:29   Link #395
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
He can ride zombie dragons around with Rita and bump uglies and raise Nina together, of course. Favaro can be the godfather.

What is Kaisar doing in that shot anyway?
It's just one of the episode 13 preview pictures.
Images
preview

About episode 12, Kaiser is dense when it comes to romance. It is why Rita gave him a good punch. Jeanne was the tip of the spear during her prime day. She was a macho hero and the champion of the army. Kaiser surely admired her a lot, especially he desired the vanity of a knighthood.

After going through a lot and losing a lot, Jeanne is acting like a maiden. She was a maiden ten years ago, but she gradually behaving as a maiden now.
After landing on the ground, Jeanne playfully turns her body around.

Images
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 03:01   Link #396
kuromitsu

Pff, let's face it, the one Kaisar needs is Favaro, clearly he's completely lost without him in his life.
Old 2017-06-30, 08:52   Link #397
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I also didn't hear that, and I hope it's not true. Azazel was one of the biggest reasons the first cour of "Virgin Soul" was better than the first season.
I totally agree, I honestly liked Azazel more than anyone else in this first half and he really did even seem to be more of a main character than Nina did.
I'm interested in see what he will do next and how he and El's relationship will change now that the kid is back to his normal deified self.

Quote:
Azazel is technically Lucifer's right-hand man - well, used to be, until Charioce kicked their collective butt. I think aside of being a demon, the main issue here is Azazel being Azazel... his negotiating technique is probably along the lines of "Hey gods, I hate you and normally I wouldn't even consider this, but I guess I wouldn't mind helping you out just this once. But only on my terms!" <- while still dragging his chains and barely being able to walk

We haven't seen a lot of Lucifer in Genesis, but he seemed more diplomatic...
Well, that is if you can get Lucifer out of his library once and a while.

I am wondering what happened to Luci? I mean, I think that in this rather unstable time, Azazel would be hanging around him and putting plans together. The fact that he's on his own and Azazel doesn't seem to be even looking for him or going to see him, and that the capital that Charioce burned to the ground was his HQ, I'm wondering if Charioce killed him?

I mean, any conqueror would know to kill the ruling power before you go and enslave the people, and Charioce isn't stupid. Maybe he used a prototype of his doomsday weapon to kill Lucifer, which is why he's so confident that he can take out the angels?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 10:43   Link #398
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Pff, let's face it, the one Kaisar needs is Favaro, clearly he's completely lost without him in his life.
nobody can resist Afro Thunder
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 11:24   Link #399
Darthtabby

I rewatched last week's episode in preparation for this week's. I liked it better the second time than I did the first, though I still feel there's something about the execution that prevents it from having the impact it should have had.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 11:53   Link #400
magnuskn

Sound effects seemed to be muted and the soundtrack was lacking. That makes a lot of impact of how one perceives action.

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead