AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - The Southern Sea Riot (Volume 20) Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-30, 18:58   Link #101
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
1. The most interesting part was in epilogue, it's the conversation between William McRoad and someone from USNA (Chief Intelligence Officer) about Jasmine William which they're purposely made Jasmine be captured as Jasmine unconsciously became one node of network intelligence.

2. About GateKeeper, I didn't read it carefully, it's like short circuiting the magic wiring for Magic Calculation Area, the point to access it is by accessing the unconscious, but since the "gate" between and conscious and unconscious is closed, the opponents have no way to access MCA, in other words, they wouldn't be able to invoke any magic.
The question is, is Tatsuya's skill that really advance that he is able to disrupt mind and soul? Unless he has (learned) some Taoist skill, that skill is exclusive in traditional magic (not to mention it maybe a deep art too).
Let me add few details;
1. William McLeod talks with Dr. Edward Clark from USNA's National Science Agency (NSA): he is a scientist / scholar specialized in a large scale informatino system. William McLeod and Dr. Clark conspired and planned to send in Jasmin Williams in order to steal secrets from Yotsuba. Jasmin Williams is called as 'Ear'; a magician speciallized intelligence gathering. Williams family has a telepathy power, but it is too weak to use consicously. It is so weak and useless that even enemies cannot consider them as "Ear", but with the "System" that Dr. Clark provides, McLeod and Dr.Clark can gather data from Jasmin Williams. However, Todou Aoba already knew this scheme and ordered Maya to eliminate Jasmin. Maya told Todou that she will request General Saeki to eliminate Jasmin because Jasmin is under 101 battalion's custody. But, the fate of Jasmin is still unknown, yet.

2. mashingan's explaination on "Gate Keeper" is correct. There is a special side story, "Dream Catcher" that came with Mahouka BD/DVD sets. At the end of the story, Tatsuya learns about gate and other additional information. His "Gate Keeper" probably derived from this side story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
AH! did tats create the magic or is it a yotsuba magic?
Tatsuya created the magic, but Miyuki lied and called it, "Yotsuba's secrect technique" in order to avoid focus on Tatsuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Can someone please tell me what happened when Shizuku invited miyuki and tats to the island at okinawa sponsored by her family?? Knowing they are Yotsuba, did it cause some kind of fear during the party?? Did they meet Shizuku's mother?
1. Tatsuya and Miyuki visited Okinawa for the ceremony event for victims of Okinawa invasion. Maya told them to use Honami's death as excuse. But, Shizuku's invitation help them to access island and the party with better excuse.
2. No, there was no fear; they got lost by Miyuki's beaty.
3. Shizuku's mother met Tatsuya and Miyuki; she was pissed for being played in the past, but she hid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Btw why is Chen becoming their ally? Did he become one because they are now Yotsuba?
Chen was sent by GAA to eliminate or catch GAA soliders that do not support the peace treaty between Japan and GAA. 101 battalion and Chen's special force are working together for this time only.

I also posted this in FB page, and I will share it here.

Toudou Aoba is one of people who influences Japan's business and political world and is being called as "Yokai"(demon / monster).
Yotsuba was not only created from 4th institute. Prior to 4th institute, there was an organization that started "breeding" magicians. Yotsuba started from there.
And, there is someone close to Doutou, and his/her clan provides "blood" to Yotsuba clan.
Later, 4th institute was owned by Toudou, but it was taken away by the military. Later, Yotsuba family took control from the military.
Even though Toudou is sponsor, it is not one-way relationship because Yotsuba is financially independent, but Toudou has power and influence that Yotsuba needs, and Yostuba also has power as a magician that Toudou needs. Toudou rarely calls Maya for the actual meeting unless it is very important. This meeting's agenda was on Jasmin Williams.

The book does not provide enough information on this "someone" close to Toudou Aoba. So, this person can be his employee, servant, or even his wife.
We will have to wait for this in the future volume.

I am just dying to see how Toudou and Tatsuya's relationship would develop. The author purposely uses a strong / unique word as a forshadowing.
Tatsuya has been called as "Monster", and Toudou Aoba is being called as "Yokai", so I am wondering whether the author is plotting a special hidden relationship between them or a possible conflict between them.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2016-09-30 at 19:30.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 19:38   Link #102
nijok

the parallel story you mentioned is recent or might be called dream game?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 00:41   Link #103
Medivh

Personally think that Clark has got to do with Hliðskjálf. A bit of a coincidence that Raymond and him has the same last name
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 00:58   Link #104
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
Personally think that Clark has got to do with Hliðskjálf. A bit of a coincidence that Raymond and him has the same last name
Possible - this Clark is working on large scale information systems so it would make sense

Anyway I kind of ask me if the someone who is linked to Toudou Aoba might be a Shiba. The Yotsubas descend from a Shiba and the family provided "blood" a second time as we all know. What if Miyuki got it wrong and their father didn't join the Yotsuba because of money but because he was ordered to do so by Toudou Aoba? In other words Tatsuya might be related to the sponsor which would make their relationship even more complicated than it already is.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 16:34   Link #105
MRD143

Doesn't matter if Tatsuya is related some how to the Sponsor. Tatsuya will still kill him if he even looks like a threat to Miyuki. Toudou is looking more and more like the final Boss to be defeated. From the maneuvering he is doing he wants the Magic Community under his thumb.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 07:22   Link #106
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Doesn't matter if Tatsuya is related some how to the Sponsor. Tatsuya will still kill him if he even looks like a threat to Miyuki. Toudou is looking more and more like the final Boss to be defeated. From the maneuvering he is doing he wants the Magic Community under his thumb.
Well, that's assuming the sponsor doesn't already know how insanely loyal Tatsuya is to Miyuki's safety. I am actually more worried of the sponsor putting Tatsuya in deliberate jeopardy through his field experiments (to the displeasure of Miyuki), than of the sponsor putting Miyuki in jeopardy. Remember, Toudou seems to operate on a Quid Pro Quo, payments for services rendered will always be met basis. It's probably quite easy to convince Tatsuya to do a large range of things, if doing so could easily be sold as being beneficial to consolidating Miyuki's political status in magical society as fast as possible. Things that put Tatsuya in danger, but won't on Miyuki. Here's the problem though: I doubt Miyuki will take kindly to Aoba deliberately putting Tatsuya in harms way, or using Tatsuya as an experimental material.

If Toudou's agenda is more power in the Magic Community, keep in mind that in Japan, he already has that level of power. So, the only way he can get more power, is to deploy his assets to bolster his position among the global magical community. Whether or not his agendas extend beyond Japan is another question altogether. But I do foresee that Tatsuya (not Miyuki) is soon going to be embroiled in International Magic Association politics, courtesy of Aoba's meddling. It will be framed as requests, that on the face of it aligns with Tatsuya's agenda.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 07:25   Link #107
Windsgrace

^ Ara Ara well said. I was predicting something along those lines as well.
Old 2016-10-06, 09:00   Link #108
MRD143

Toudou Aoba has influence not dominance. From what we have seen so far only Maya, Hayama and Miyuki understand just how dangerous Tatsuya really is. I doubt that the Yotsuba shared all the information about Tatsuya's personality quirks with an outsider even if he is the sponsor. The problem with trying to manipulate Tatsuya is that he is very well versed in those kinds of things from dealing with Maya and the rest of the Yotsuba. IF Tatsuya even thinks that Toudou is deliberately putting him in dangerous situations or any situation that might affect his ability to protect Miyuki he will strike with lethal force without warning. Tatsuya knows that with his and Maya's support Miyuki doesn't need any outside help to solidify her position and once the World knows what he is truly capable of no one is going to challenge Miyuki. Remember that Tatsuya can only Identify People as hostile or non-hostile so right now Toudou is simply in the non-hostile category.

Miyuki is also an interesting case because she said it herself she is not as merciful as Tatsuya. When the Snow Queen appears she shows no mercy to her enemies. Miyuki also views pretty much all non-Yotsuba as trash and will kill without hesitation if it will benefit Tatsuya. Yotsuba Maya will also kill anyone who might be a threat to her plans for either World destruction or World domination under Tatsuya's might.

Last edited by LKK; 2016-10-07 at 07:53. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 08:36   Link #109
Malicre

so 20 volumes in and there still not married yet?........
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 17:17   Link #110
patcan3609

They are what? 18?
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-12, 02:33   Link #111
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Let me add few details;
1. William McLeod talks with Dr. Edward Clark from USNA's National Science Agency (NSA): he is a scientist / scholar specialized in a large scale informatino system. William McLeod and Dr. Clark conspired and planned to send in Jasmin Williams in order to steal secrets from Yotsuba. Jasmin Williams is called as 'Ear'; a magician speciallized intelligence gathering. ... But, the fate of Jasmin is still unknown, yet.

2. mashingan's explaination on "Gate Keeper" is correct. There is a special side story, "Dream Catcher" that came with Mahouka BD/DVD sets. At the end of the story, Tatsuya learns about gate and other additional information. His "Gate Keeper" probably derived from this side story.
Maya indeed remarked that Jasmin was interesting specimen. If Jasmin weren't going to be disposed, she would be kept to be guinea pig but not directly in classified facilities.

Many thanks for info side story "Dream Catcher". If there's about the detail info on how Tatsuya acquired Gate Keeper in that, I'm dying to read it.
When I reread vol. 16, Miya had the ability of closing magic gate, so Tatsuya is indeed a filial son by practicing his mom's ability
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 14:00   Link #112
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Toudou Aoba has influence not dominance. From what we have seen so far only Maya, Hayama and Miyuki understand just how dangerous Tatsuya really is. I doubt that the Yotsuba shared all the information about Tatsuya's personality quirks with an outsider even if he is the sponsor. The problem with trying to manipulate Tatsuya is that he is very well versed in those kinds of things from dealing with Maya and the rest of the Yotsuba. IF Tatsuya even thinks that Toudou is deliberately putting him in dangerous situations or any situation that might affect his ability to protect Miyuki he will strike with lethal force without warning. Tatsuya knows that with his and Maya's support Miyuki doesn't need any outside help to solidify her position and once the World knows what he is truly capable of no one is going to challenge Miyuki. Remember that Tatsuya can only Identify People as hostile or non-hostile so right now Toudou is simply in the non-hostile category.

Miyuki is also an interesting case because she said it herself she is not as merciful as Tatsuya. When the Snow Queen appears she shows no mercy to her enemies. Miyuki also views pretty much all non-Yotsuba as trash and will kill without hesitation if it will benefit Tatsuya. Yotsuba Maya will also kill anyone who might be a threat to her plans for either World destruction or World domination under Tatsuya's might.
I think you have this completely flipped. Miyuki hates the Yotsuba for how they treated her brother, she is amiable with a handful of members, those who are friendly with Tatsuya but that is it. On the flip side she basically gets along with everyone else, the only thing that pisses her off would be anything effecting tatsuya, but she is openly friends with Shizuka and Honoka and most of Tatsuya's gang.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-20, 12:00   Link #113
bakato

Full chapter summaries are finally on the wiki. Next volume we're getting a new Number freshman from the Mitsuya family, a girl.
Old 2017-01-10, 21:33   Link #114
-Mahesvara_

When is volume 21 going to be released?
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 07:24   Link #115
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
When is volume 21 going to be released?
February 10th.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 23:08   Link #116
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
February 10th.
Ah okay, I thought it was this month for some reason. Anways, thanks fam
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 16:58   Link #117
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
There aren't many noticeable scenes for those two.
The only noticeable scene for Azusa is when she used her MI to create an opening to help Kanon. Kanon was taken hostage by Jasmine and Jasmine threatened to kill Kanon if Isori didn't destroy the system that withheld the island float.

For Honoka, she became more daring during the island vicinity tours. It's because the advice that given to her from Eimi and Subaru.

Only those 2 scenes I think.

Even though Tatsuya has friends which experts in traditional magics, he himself by no means is an expert.
His expertise is non systematic magic, in other words, magic that manipulate psion directly, and it's after parasites incident that Tatsuya made an effort to work with pushion too.

Maya said this magic is (kinda) the ultimate anti magic and after that Tatsuya said that he will try to make the magic systemically usable by people other than him.

Miyuki did say "secret Yotsuba magic" but it actually "Tatsuya's magic". She said that because there's Chen behind her and to make people (mainly spies) intent diverted to Yotsuba instead of Tatsuya

There's no accident with considered negative when Miyuki, Tatsuya, and Minami attending the party. Of course many people just mesmerized by Miyuki's beauty and just whispering between them like "Ah, so that's the Yotsuba princess" etc

Yeah, they met Shizuku's mother, Shizuku's mother sarcastically said to Tatsuya "After a while, you've became a fine man" (Fine man meant "from no one" to "Maya's son", and she was annoyed because she was deceived by that fact)

Thanks too...
But i find just stupid how all of them react.... come on.... They are yotsuba, bug They are childs.... if They not Tell about it before, Tere are a reason for that....
And seriously, masaki needs find other woman, i dislike the most when he try to mess with a engaged woman. I just find it stupid, dude, she is engaged, and maya told your father , that miyuki is very happy.... what the hell are you doing?
Honoka could have a chance if she aims to be tats mistress, like trying miyuki let here be,
But steal tatsuya from miyuki? Sorry honoka, its just a Dream.
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 00:33   Link #118
Userunfriendly

Quote:
About GateKeeper, I didn't read it carefully, it's like short circuiting the magic wiring for Magic Calculation Area, the point to access it is by accessing the unconscious, but since the "gate" between and conscious and unconscious is closed, the opponents have no way to access MCA, in other words, they wouldn't be able to invoke any magic.
The question is, is Tatsuya's skill that really advance that he is able to disrupt mind and soul? Unless he has (learned) some Taoist skill, that skill is exclusive in traditional magic (not to mention it maybe a deep art too).

Based on my analysis of the description, it looks like...

a psion bullet containing a self-injuring activation sequence.

by encasing an activation sequence, it can be delivered by touch.

using the classified yotsuba technique to eliminate psion rejection syndrome, it forces the target to process the activation sequence...an SB magic similar to Golden Electron Silkworms.

really brilliant, because the activation sequence is passed into the MCA without being rejected consciously, and SB being as far as I know, does NOT end with the ending conditions of the magic. that may be how SB beings are created...the magic to create them ended, but the spiritual being disconnected from eidos do not die unless killed...so by linking the sb being into the magic, and having the TARGET create the being, it will require gram demolition, or gram dispersion to kill.

Superb!!

important point...

because the TARGET processes the poisoned pill (activation sequence processed by the target) this magic can avoid the limits of Tatsuya's MCA. This is the brilliant part, the target locks down his/her own magic.
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#shipperstragedy