AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-09-22, 23:37   Link #3921
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

So much epic in a day. Should've issued a storm warning.

I got ideas for later. And great work Tempy.
Old 2008-09-23, 01:43   Link #3922
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*folds in*

Here's a Rather Short Prologue/Intro into Kriss's OC Debut.

Spoiler for Lyrical Phase: The Maiden Ascendancy:
Old 2008-09-23, 01:47   Link #3923
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Awesome work Sheba. While PF's fic was very fantasy, you've gone further in the other approach of Nanoha, the scifi aspect. Fighting with diminishing magic is one interesting aspect, and like the AMF, was one way of limiting the Aces quite a bit!

Hence why beamspamming would've been rather silly for your fic; feel free to leave it out.

AMF, then having common source... One makes you wonder if this really is the limit of Magic, which isn't limited in "conventional" scientific technology, and thus becoming the balance in the (sorely malnamed, but simple) Magic VS Science debate?

Either way, it is no wonder the Belka Empire was once so huge, it harnessed both to its power, and is something the newcomers to Ordered Space have yet to come to grasp. >=3

While chapter 2 is very sci-fi, it's just for one chapter. Then it'll be fantasy, otherwise, I'd not be talking about dragons, "ancient race" and whatever.
As for the disminishing magic, it echoes, in some ways, with one of the topics that obsess me the most: depletion of resources, and how people manage it.

EDIT:

And no, I refuse to drop my premise in the tech thread, I saw what people can do!

EDIT 2:

I started this because I want to see how I can piece my bits of crack together, instead of sitting around all day, nerd raging or talking, talking and talking about concepts I may never use.

EDIT 3:

The chapters are not set in stone, and are still subject to future corrections. If anyone want to write a short side-story about the transdimensional conflict and how your characters manage it, he or she is welcome. Most of clues about what they can do, and the different theaters of operations are presented in the first chapter.

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-09-23 at 03:28.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 04:02   Link #3924
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

@Sheba.

This is the most awesome string of posts I have ever seen in my entire life!

Quote:
~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

More prerelease art for Codex Daemonjaegers:
Spoiler for And They Shall Know No Fear:
Someone might flip at this.
Wow, it's my color sheme!
Old 2008-09-23, 07:03   Link #3925
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

By request of Tempy and Nighty:

~~ Knight of Rounds ~~
From left to right, Maria, Vivio, Noland. Touareg in the background.

You see dead people, because this is the Knights of the Round summon.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-09-23 at 08:21.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 11:52   Link #3926
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

More prerelease art for Codex Daemonjaegers:
Spoiler for And They Shall Know No Fear:
Someone might flip at this.

I was hit by a tremendous idea, then presented to MercAng this unique challenge, and it is just wonderful. The Storm Bolter may seem small, but Kha isn't the kind to carry really heavy gear, unless wearing full Terminator armor. Everything else, its perfectly done, and is a very good contender for the bookcover art.
Ah so this was the commission she was talking about. Came out very nice.

Quote:
Now if only Anita'd be a bit more generous, we could be getting art for Codex Hexejaegers, covering Sophia, Keira, Ashley, Canoness Maria and the rest of her Sisters of Belka.
It's not nice to blame other people for your shortcomings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
So.

I did it again.

Consider this a sequel to the Southern Cross short I did.

Spoiler for Northern Lights:

I has but two words to describe this:

F***ing EPIC

All it needs is that pic you found edited a bit at the end
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 14:13   Link #3927
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:

By request of Tempy and Nighty:

~~ Knight of Rounds ~~
From left to right, Maria, Vivio, Noland. Touareg in the background.

You see dead people, because this is the Knights of the Round summon.
Because no one else will...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Actually it's pretty cool, carry on~
Old 2008-09-24, 02:22   Link #3928
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ladies and gentlemen, crossposted from FFT, I present a rather short, and IMO touching NanoFate piece here, entitled Dedication.

This piece is dedicated to Haru, Vivio Testarossa, and the tireless work of the NanoFate legion, for NF is serious business and more important, than, say, defending the world, fighting the good fight, and killing Taliban.

(I was being Deadpan Snark here but Haru thought I was actually serious and greeted me warmly. )

Spoiler for Dedication:

*dons Ex-Gear and climbs into VF-25S Armored Pack cockpit, and prepares for incoming fire*

In my defense, I was trying to put something up that would shake up FFT. The Legion seems to like it. VT said, "Nice story, thanks."

*me headdesks, before casting Alert and Accel*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 03:14   Link #3929
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, crossposted from FFT, I present a rather short, and IMO touching NanoFate piece here, entitled Dedication.

This piece is dedicated to Haru, Vivio Testarossa, and the tireless work of the NanoFate legion, for NF is serious business and more important, than, say, defending the world, fighting the good fight, and killing Taliban.

(I was being Deadpan Snark here but Haru thought I was actually serious and greeted me warmly. )

Spoiler for Dedication:

*dons Ex-Gear and climbs into VF-25S Armored Pack cockpit, and prepares for incoming fire*

In my defense, I was trying to put something up that would shake up FFT. The Legion seems to like it. VT said, "Nice story, thanks."

And thus begins the Adventures of Fate Testarossa... certafied nutcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her LIST
Nanoha
HAYATE
SIGNUM
YUUNO
LINDY
BILL
(I pity whomever happens to be named Bill when she shows up.)
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:30   Link #3930
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
I think that list is too short ATC Fate won't rest until every cast member's gone...

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2008-09-24 at 17:20.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:40   Link #3931
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Dedication:

BANNED

...is what I want to say; since if its targeted at FFC, why does this have to be posted here? I firmly believe fics written to smite someone/some faction is just plain immature.

Then again, many fanatics we've battled have been worse. >.>

Also, there's something called a diplomatic answer, and I think that's what's VT's up to. Of course, I might be giving the ditz too much credit, and I don't discount that, but like an earlier debacle, something isn't quite right here.

Other than that, nice random story Goose. Care to develop it?
Old 2008-09-24, 06:42   Link #3932
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I think that is to short ATC Fate won't rest until every cast member's gone...
I can see Hayate as O-Ren, being a leader and all
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 08:25   Link #3933
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
BANNED

...is what I want to say; since if its targeted at FFC, why does this have to be posted here? I firmly believe fics written to smite someone/some faction is just plain immature.
That's because the follow-on, Aftermath, involves a fair number of OCs. If I put up Act II without Act I, nobody would understand what's happening.

As for written to smite a faction: actually I was wanting to put this up ever since I came here, but Kagerou kept talking me outta it. I finally decided to just post it up anyway. The germ of this was prompted by a guy I knew, who used this as his sig:
<nodsri>Oh Tamaki Nami-chan how I love you
<nodsri>I would wear your skin while rubbing myself erotically

As for smiting any factions... if anything, it's the Yuunoha faction that's thwarted, what with Fate killing Nanoha. And that honestly pains me a bit, due to me supporting Yuunoha. (Although I also support KyoMiyuNano 3-way sibling rabu-rabu. )

Quote:
Also, there's something called a diplomatic answer, and I think that's what's VT's up to. Of course, I might be giving the ditz too much credit, and I don't discount that, but like an earlier debacle, something isn't quite right here.
Hey, if you can troll and be a /b/tard like Vivio, I can damn well write brokenness and explore the effects of obsession. And if you don't like my deadpan snarking, then what about Kyon, deadpan snarker with the many fans?

Quote:
Other than that, nice random story Goose. Care to develop it?
See above. Aftermath features Fate's interrogation and attempts by CCs and OCs to understand why this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I can see Hayate as O-Ren, being a leader and all
Same here, with the Wolkies filling the same role as Yubari. Though that's not quite the direction I'm taking this in.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-09-24 at 08:38.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:05   Link #3934
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

You thwarted both factions yes because you bumped off the one common link, so my lean then comes from your author's notes.

I must be absent where it happened. Innocent question: Could you point me to an instance when she was trolling and being a /b/? My encounters has more been "good lord how dense can you get?!" than trolling.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:26   Link #3935
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

*clears throat*
I really hope you two stay civilized and won't drag this on too much.

Or maybe you want to consider using PMs to talk about this.

Last edited by Kyral; 2008-09-24 at 13:30. Reason: missing words, made my statement strange
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:02   Link #3936
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*clears throat*
I really hope you two stay civilized and drag this on much.

Or maybe you want to consider using PMs to talk about this.
We don't need arguments and poo-flinging going on in two threads at once
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:22   Link #3937
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm settled and using PMs.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-09-25, 04:01   Link #3938
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I took her early shyness into concideration as to how she would progress, but the later episodes and chapters of the manga show no trace of that shyness, and Sound Stage 4 blew any last remaining doubt away. Track 11 has Nanoha and Vivio go to the Church school, and Vivio happilly bounds off to meet her new classmates, no trace of any shyness to be found. She pretty much abandonded the initiall insecure shy-moe shell over the course of the series.
When I said ‘shyness’, I meant those akin to adult!Fate-kind.

Anyway, SSX is a better showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
*Skims by*
Why am I hearing genderbending?

Also: Subaru vs Snake. lawl <.>
Snake has faced worst opponents than Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Here is a little something that SaintX has been cooking for sometime that I have edited. It is the frame work for a few future OCs, one of them being Kriss Lanster (krisslanza)

Spoiler for Otome system:

Thoughts?
Well, obviously one question is how powerful are they compared to the original Otomes/average mage rank/etc?

Since we can’t exactly have some of them who are literally mountain punchers.

And distinct limitations, one way or another is advisable. One way or another, minority systems always need something to offset wide-spread usage of it. Otherwise, it’d demean the value of wide-spread systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
many people would prefer to forget it even existed, but it dose and Metal Gear has taken a massive slant toward the weird though it was always there a bit. One of the bosses in Metal Gear one was a guy that floated in the air without any tech and could read minds and conjure fire for instance... One of the enemies in three is part planet, another can command a swarm of killer bees, and one of them apparently was able to commune with dead spirits. Also the SEVERED HAND of one character when grafted onto another (to replace the one chopped off by a super powered killer cyborg...) sometimes takes over the recipnets mind. Metal gear is anything, but normal really...
Nanomachines.

Quote:
*clucks tongue* My throat feels dry after reading this. It seems that even the creator himself feels like shafting Hayate.

Quote:
The existence of magic circuits is neither confirmed nor denied as far as I know, so since it doesn't contradict anything, I see no reason not to use them.
Even if they exist, they exist alongside Linker Cores.

Something akin to tentacles of a Linker Core even, possibly. This might even be a good parallel to why Hayate’s processing speed is bad.

The larger the Core capacity, the slower or less tentacles there are for magic procession.

Which is kinda ironic, since Hayate is teh groper of the cast.

Quote:
Since Belkan users are essentially Ki users, and since they're all one in the same, just make them Belkan. Besides, if you're having people throwing around fireballs just from shounen power, Comar, then it's no longer quite Nanoverse.
Eh, if we follow rule of wuxia ki, Mid and Belka are both ki users. Actually Mid more so.

It’s like the emphasis of sword-play techniques vs internal techniques, where despite learning both, one is favoured over the other.

Quote:
We see Hayate getting the shaft so badly, we can conclude that whether Keroko exists or not is completely up to us, since if it were up to Tsuzuki, he could create a 4th Ace and still have her completely pushed off the table.

And let's not even consider what would happen to a male Ace, and one that takes 5th place. This will completely blunten any power canon has to disprove Kha's existence on the basis of a total no-show.

Interesting thoughts, interesting thoughts...
Hey, are we forgetting that all of the Aces are on the eventual road called shaft and retire?

Quote:
It is a little known fact that Keroko and Chrono were dating at one point in time.

*Runs like crazy while dodging red blasts of magic*
It is a well-known fact that they’re available to each other whenever necessary.

Or Keroko is available to everyone appropriate, more appropriately.

*flees*

Quote:
*rubs eyes tiredly* I'm tired and going to sleep, but I managed to finish this before I go.
Archer-ko? Is that you?

Anyway, I don’t really like seeing the AAA word there, but it all depends on Vivio, I guess. I’d say AA or AA+ at best.

Quote:
It's now up to a small team of 7 men to get in there and save Vivio.

Erick von Long, first Erusian recruited into the TSAB, the Flawless Gunslinger. A. J. Ivanovich, Mage Hunter of North Point. Glen Schattenmann, the Fire Knight. Master Chief John-117, the Green Demon. Yuuno Scrya. Franz Jaeger. And one man, seeking his redemption: Noland Reineger, the Calamity Knight.

Noland will walk into that Wasteland, with only one purpose: to rescue his beloved Sankt Kaiser.

And Death follows behind him.
Sounds like a horror-ish movie setting.

7 will enter.

But only *some* will return.

Quote:
Well, the AAA rank is to make her and Vivio about equal in strength (as my mind fails to compute Vivio at anything less then AAA rank at that age) but as it stands, she won't rise much higher then AAA+, though that is of course subject to change.

and yes, her Barrier Jacket is cute. Much to Syn's mortification. She can't even get rid of the wings, as the two designed them to help stabilize her flight magic.
Equal doesn’t always mean she will have the same rank. After all, if anything, Vivio should be set up to be awkwardly superior one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*sigh* And there goes my intention of writhing shorter chapters...

It again turned out longer than planned...

Ah well... anyway. Chapter 5 of my main story is ready!

And as promised... a bigger titel so it won't be overseen.

Memories of Blood and Sorrow
Part 5: Ghost Hunt

Spoiler:

Puuh... next chapter is already in the works...
For a relatively ‘long’ chapter, nothing really happens, but it’s nice. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R;1704809[B
@Keroko: [/B]And Keroko, that means Syn is now a mostly toughie-tough girl with the family/friends that wants her to be cute...? X
Vivio : Self-proclaimed normal.
Syn : You should be normal, girl? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I don't like how 7arcs seemingly made Hayate as a helpless solo combatant. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I hate the concept in itself, I just hate the insanely high degree they used the glass cannon nerf-bat. -_-

Being a spellcaster type is a pretty difficult class to be in. But in Hayate's case, she has so much potential in managing to circumvent such. (Potential wasted in StrikerS.) But then, I can at least have my say.:3 And for me, she's quite honestly the most multidimensional of any of the Canon Aces. There's so much untapped character development and possible field dynamics to explore. *holds back another mention of my unspeakable hate for 7arcs* To me, she's the most 'human' and least static of the three. There's also the fact that I just love her occasional bouts of mischievousness that adds a great twist to her Main-character (Though the treatment she receives is even worse compared to side-characters. -_-) mandatory 'nice girl' personality. Oh, and of course I find her more attractive compared to the other two, almost forgot to say it.

I've always had the tendency to have a lot of interest in uncommon stuff. Same applies for the characters I make and how I develop some Canon Characters. Easiest example would be Aurion's device, which is a prosthetic arm. XD

Though some times I may have the tendency to try making my work too radically different whilst at the same time trying to stick as much as possible to Canon...

Quote:
So don't take that test seriously, its far too limited.
The ‘Sue’ word is far too abused to be acceptably limited.

You might as well call every Arthurian romance and other mythos a Suethology at that rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Unlike these lazy bums I'll acutally try and help you out.

Not much but some fun facts off the top of my head on Ancient Belka:

Personally I think the Saint Church should be treated like modern organized religion on earth people can believe if they want too, but it’s based on faith no facts. Basically I don’t think having members of the church calling down divine powers from the heavens to smite there foes or the like really fits the setting at all. An ambiguous visitation? An odd event that somehow inadvertently saves someone? Sure, but battling demons with the power of the creator? Not so much.
Took those words right out my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Well, this is OC centric ( Syn, made by Keroko) so I thought I'd post this here out of respect for the original Character I fell in love with.

Spoiler for Vivio to Syn.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
You won't believe how accurate it works in most relationships. I almost choked!

And yes! The one between Aurion and Hayate is a sekuh--!!

*is Proton Cannon'd*

Quote:
Pfft, everyone knows that Belka is founded by a Goa'uld named Wotan.
No, it’s founded by an arrogant king who spends his days going LOL WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

*flees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for Negima Spoilers:
I’d more like Asuna is a different version of a unique magical bloodline.

Only that Asuna’s is natural, while Vivio’s are from genetic modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for This Crowning Moment of Awesome was brought to you by Comacanon:
Well, an awkward twist I would agree... but still... kinda awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*sniffs*

I think I smell...crack

Spoiler for Bat Man?:

I blame Aaron for this
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ D:

The only Batman allowed in Nanohaverse is Batarisa. D:

Arisa: What’s that?
Aurion: Oh, the Nietono? You wouldn’t be interested in that-

*Arisa starts using the blade like a pro*

Aurion: We never got the damn internal flight programming of the flame wings in the device to work... but otherwise, it works just fine.
Arisa: Does it come as a katana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Head knowledge is one thing, Comart. The power to use it is another, and as far as canon has it, it doesn't look like Yuuno can do that, yet. You'll need to prove it, or show it in your canon, without breaking too much canon china. And if you were referring to yourself when you talked about his Taking a Level in Badass...then well, I'm afraid the term "Badass" has gone mainstream.
What, Yuuno has potential badass enough as he is.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

He just needs to cough out tons of blood.

Quote:
Well, here goes. The most protective Barrier Jacket seen in OC - short of TK's Ranger Barrier Jackets, anyway.

...or a Full Armor Danmaku Jacket...

Spoiler for Type-ODST Assault Barrier Jacket:
Well, they didn’t think a regular grunt’s extra protection was worth 100 grand.

Quote:
The following unofficial sequel is all Lowe's fault. Blame him for what he suggested
The image is awkward, after Sagark and Yuuno!Kiva. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
... Ok my friends, please, let's not fight too much...

*hides in the Das Smith Bunker*

Well, time for Shin Profiles.

Spoiler for Great Brian:

Well besides that, Here is cleaned Origins Chapter 1

Spoiler for Aura and Dussander Origins 1:
Not that I don’t like it. Quite the contrary actually… though..

Or is it just me, or does that just scream STAR WARS!?

Quote:
Then I remembered AARON SMASH...

And has gone to write a slice of life bit to check if I still has the writing groove:

Spoiler for A slice of life part 1:

Depending on the reception, I may or may not continue it.

And I realized one thing, dialogues were never my forte. So my stories tend to kinda look like a spaghetti western by Sergio Leone.
Well… it’s hard to say, since nothing really happens. I’m pretty divided on diary-like narration storytelling. Some novels do them well, but otherwise, it does feel uneventful.

And dialogues are okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
@.@ well here's the crack that's been boiling in the IRC (both the FFC and the OCC. The ideas came from everyone who was there really. Tempest, I think, came up with the original idea, which proceeded to get bounced around, with apologies to everyone featured .

Monty Khrack and The Holy Flail

Spoiler for Here it is:
@__@ FLAIL.

Made of so much awesome my brain barely computes.

Quote:
All right, I manage to finish the next chapter today, and it's passed all betas (sorta ), so I'm going to post it now. Here goes the Bluecheesium of the Day!

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Nine—Decisions

Spoiler for Scene I:

Beautiful. Although the emotions could’ve been ‘haughtier’ in the scene with Grandy and Shary, it was nice. A little too long though, it’s almost like a torture on Shary.

Then again, the music of your choice… Tsubasa and .hack/sign… couldn’t be any fitting, in more ways than one. :3

Quote:

Chapter Nine—Decisions

[SPOILER=Scene II, continued]=Continued=SPOILER]
I’ll be frank… I’m not a big fan of Teslafitth (( Lucino ftw )) and it did have… some pacing awkwardness (( atypical of all lengthy PF chapters ))…

But I’d be lying if it didn’t excite me. :3

Quote:
Last volley!

Chapter Nine—Decisions

Spoiler for Scene III:

Right, that's about it. It's rather short (four scenes in total), but I think this is the most fanservice-choked chapter of all, and our shippers are grinning like devils, especially Hayaurion legions.

*flees from Aaronwrath*

Don't mind the references, it's cheesy and cliched, I know, but I still prefer them there.

Hope you all enjoy it, too!

Anyway, for this chapter, there will be a small credits post, since I really received a lot of help from these people. Without them, this will probably be a very tough job.

Spoiler for Credits:
Rather short? @.@ It’s puzzling how you can say that so easily.

PFHUEGPICSIUM as usual, along with usual pacing flows. It’s natural of you, but sometimes you can do well to cut off the fat from some parts and putting them elsewhere. Reading one shot at times make the thing look uneven.

Quote:
Macross Frontier is crack I tell you! CRACK!!

-------------------------

What happens when Nanoha has two people fighting for her attention?

Spoiler for Your Attention Please:
Replace Nanoha with Aurion and Fate with Leona.

Then it computes. :3

*flees*

Quote:
This is one of the fictionnal worlds that made me go

The amount of details poured in there is just stunning, at the point to make me swirl.
Sometimes, too much does not make it better.

ESPECIALLY when they’re trying to do all things at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Apparently when I try to make Mary Sues, I'm the only one who thinks so.

Overpowered Character Attempt 2.0. I'm feeling a bit left out of the Everyone Yelling At Me that so characterizes this thread.

Spoiler for Mei Landau:
[j/k]Mary Sues? You can’t handle Mary Sues!![j/k]

Seriously though, such thoughts usually lead to Mary Sues not being created than actually.

And what’s this? A AU Tomoyo or something?

Quote:
>_>

<_<

*bombs*
Spoiler for Lesson 162.5 - See you in a Brighter Future -Khrack Extension!:
I pray to the Light that I may be still alive tomorrow, for I fear that I may be painted for an Ion Cannon Breaker.

*starts running. Really, really REALLY FAST!*
Erm… whut?

*brain is boggled from the mess just read*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Excelleeeeeeeeennt!
That's why I kept telling you in IRC to go for it, eh?:P

I liked the interactions a lot. The sudden appearance of OC's in Negimaverse takes a bit getting used to, but it was made lighter by the fact that you and Keroko had been discussing about it in detail, so I pretty much know a fair bit about Keroko Negima version ( to Keroko for the awesome shop!) and Kouya.:3

It's poignant and sweet. You can pick up a lot of implied details already just from the scene alone. This has me anticipating your and Keroko's foray into Negimaverse in full force.

Anyway, I can't really be active for longer than I thought.:/ This thesis work is taking up much of my time. Though I prioritize this a lot since I want to increase my CGPA, so I need to focus on other subjects as well. The only sure time I can return here is probably not gonna come until April of next year... T____T

*sob*

;___;

Oh, and, snippet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Sorry for the double post, but whenever I try to put 13 in with 12, the system give me a message "too short" error (as if.)

Anyway, chapter 13, oh, and I'm curious to see if anybody could find some references I've put in.

Spoiler for SearcherS 13:

Sorry for the squished text...I'll fix that later. Now...to work on my MG Ez8...later
The squished text isn’t bad. And nice. It’s not as long individually, but it’s a nice length in comparison to other chapters.

But Satoshi being… @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
MSLN TEST DUMMIES: Chapter Six
Spoiler for Six A:
Quote:

End of Chapter.
Yes, very. >.>

And argubly my favourite piece of yours yet. Exciting, great character dynamic with a tinge of comedy. Watching Crash going around with Wolkies were great, even if Signum is particularly absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Its been quite a while since I've submitted another work. Also due to SSX, I'll probably have to make some minor changes in my fanfic. Anyway, I'll set that issue aside for now and post the 2nd chapter of my work.

魔道騎士雷アスクレイ

Madou Kishi Ikazuchi Asclei

Here's some extra scenes as well:

I'm not good at writing so just bear with my grammar if you could
True, the grammar's not that good, but it's fine as it is. It helps that you used a dialogue style writing, but it would be good if you could tone it down.

Otherwise, pretty solid chapter. >:3

Quote:
Trailer of something in TF6:
She can start by... you know... commanding. That's the real problem with Hayate.

Forget combat fanservice, there was serious disservice to character development as a leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Well, this took way to long to get out. And during the weekend too!

Ach. Update during a slow time.

Oh well. Enjoy, in any case.

Spoiler for Act 2:
... It's very well written, as EXPECTED of Tempest...

But what's with... the... awkward... awkward... tension?

Chrono's personal tension, alongside Yuuno's seemingly unlike him's carelessness. It just didn't feel like... 'them' so much.

Quote:
Here I drop my HUGE tetris!

The first chapter of a story. While I love the thrillers of the spy or political kind, my reading background made me cut more for the simpler stories.

Expect not:

- Me managing the huge cast. I stuck to a trimmed down cast I can somewhat manage.

- Geass-like plot twists.

- Death Note-like Mind Games.

- Battle plans a la Hannibal.
T_T

Quote:
Here I drop my HUGE tetris!
LIES, SHEBA. YOU LIED.

The first chapter is literally epic building of hueg cast, plot-twist and battle plans.

And great chapter, except one flaw. Considering the urgency of the discussion, naturally the 3 Legendary Admirals should’ve been there as well.

Quote:
Next part:

And everyone on IRC who had to stand my rambling about relatively alien concepts that were often out of their own frame of references.

Nuff said. Everything else I already said in IRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
This is a long, boring summary of my own main fanon timeline. I'm posting this for archival purposes, so I can point to it in case anyone accuses me of making it up as I go along.

Feel free to skip. If you decide to read it, you might need a spreadsheet to keep track of everything here. Sorry.

Spoiler for Complete summary of the Lyrical Babel plot.:
Well… that’s a little… mind-boggling to say the least.

I’d say that it’d be nicer if you could ‘concentrate’ the plot. Some elements need not be used yet, even when introduced. Kinda like a universal set-up, but not universal end kind of thing.

Quote:
Can't recall... it's been a looong time ago when that was mentioned, I don't even know in which topic it was.

That about describes what is going through my head as well T_T

On one hand, Archery is cool, and Syn's skill list has a few awesome spells. On the other hand, hand to hand is just as cool, and it certainly suits Syn's smart talking personallity better. Not to mention the scenarios with Syn and Vivio back to back.

I've always been a fan of close combat. No ammount of gun blazing could ever compare to a fight between people in close combat. this makes me wonder where my head was when I decided to give Syn a bow, especially since her original draft already was a close-combat specialist

Don't get me wrong, I'm still quite satisfied how Syn as an archer turned out, but now I'm hesitating whether that was the right choice, both for her and me. Now that I'm actually working on combat scenarios, I find Syn often filling the role of Hayate. With her virtually non exitent melee and 'keep a distance' combat style, she sort of... fades away in the background. It's probably just me, but it bugs me.

Also, as a finishing strike, I've been rewatching the final episodes of StrikerS and was reminded just how awesome Vivio in melee is, and how awesome it would be to have Vivio and Syn fight side by side, rather then Syn supporting her from a distance.

And then as if to kick me while I'm down I started to watch Tetsuwan Birdy, which has even more awesome hand to hand melee fights. Not to mention that Birdy in terms of personallity ocasionally reminds me of Syn too!
???: Are you crazy? What kind of archer drops her bow and then proceeds pound-for-pound with someone faster, stronger in close range!?

Syn: You know what they say. There are exceptions to everything.

Quote:
Jimmy you just spoiled my Nanoha/Cente Gravia plot!!! XD

But really, how does a non-functioning gate have a chance of regenerating into a new defence program? It can't even run itself anymore.

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

BetrayerS Khrack:
Spoiler for The Saint's Union Ratification Ceremonial Hall:

And notice that Hayate is not shafted, and instead is central to the entire conflict, even though Kia took all the limelight.

Nanoha is... elsewhere. And Fate-chan...

I wonder how many people will kill me for this little arc...

Now for something even worse: [spoiler]

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUNZZZZZZZ*
I am the 99th Supreme Commander-in-Chief of TSAB, Vi-

*static*

Quote:
I don't think Hayate would join the SU that early. It'll completely defeat the purpose!

You'll be surprised how she looks like unisoned with her Other Self.

Don't worry its just nothing really. :P

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

More BetrayerS khrack, this time, it's officially Chapter 1 Scene 1, taking the doujin released as its Prologue.

And so, I give you:

Kha the Cleric's
Magical Lyrical BetrayerS

Chapter 1, Scene 1
Spoiler for BetrayerS Chapter 1 Scene 1:
I'm sorry, I think I got carried away with trying to make an epic opening and completely forgot that I wasn't playing Company of Heroes but writing a magical girl story...

It's pretty good, if I should say so myself. Though the Chancellor Jeremiah thing was >.>. Almost reminds me of Emperor Paltapine. ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
As Estavali mentioned before, my crack engine was running at max power churning out crack at speed. I managed to refine the crack a little bit more and this is the result. Btw you guys can thank Nighty as he was the one to ask for crack. Be warned as it can be a little dry.
Spoiler for Cracked General History:

Comments and Criticisms please. I much prefer the latter usually but whatever.
lol, so it's my fault? >.>

Anyway, it's decent. There are parts left and right which contradict fanon and canon though, especially the centralization on only 2 factions for Belka. From the booklet tls, I was under the impression that there were a LOT of Belka 'Kings' which supports my 'Warring States' theory.

Quote:
Okay... In case people've been confused by me anylizing cranagan in the IRC, It was for some work...
How accurate does this look for Cranagan?
And... how's this chapter opener flow to everyone?

who will do any job, no questions asked for the right price. And we know 'Word of mouth' transcends dimensional space in ways we cannot fathom.
You miss the part where seemingly 30% of entire Cranagan is ABANDONED DISTRICTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
BEHOLD!!! ONE OF THE FEW, IF NOT, THE FIRST ONE-SHOT ABOUT The Numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler for A Sister's Boredom:

Rare for a Numbers fic, indeed.

Though I kinda want to see a lazy-bro Jail and bro-con Uno as well... >.>

Quote:
Threes? Shouldn't that be fours?

Anyway, its more a thing that everyone from the Quint gene uses rollerblades and a zero-subtlety aproach, then to have someone from that gene be designed for infiltration kinda clashes.

Oh, and Ghaz? I'll break FF backlog later and comment propperly, but yay for Numbers fluff!

Now where's Nighty when you need him? <_<
*FLAILS*

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 06:37   Link #3939
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Hurray! Nighty caught up!

Too bad See you in a Brighter Future popped your mind. It certainly popped many, including mine.

And yeah Jeremiah's title was inspired by Palpatine, but his character is not just that. I'm still wondering about what's the final direction of the BetrayerS storyline; Noland changed things a little.

And so, welcome back.
Old 2008-09-25, 06:44   Link #3940
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Well, here goes. The most protective Barrier Jacket seen in OC - short of TK's Ranger Barrier Jackets, anyway.

...or a Full Armor Danmaku Jacket...

Spoiler for Type-ODST Assault Barrier Jacket:
You missed the Olympian Powered Armor Exoskeleton in your 'most protective'... considering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper, Chapter 3. MSLN Test Dummies
"It has all the standard defense measures of a barrier jacket, but also solid armor made of reinforced tungsten carbide and titanium alloy. If an enemy is strong enough to break through a barrier, a shield, and the barrier jacket standard defensive response, he'd still have to deal with two centimeters of solid armor plating if it were a chest shot. The best part is that it's magic forged, so it's triple density thanks to the precision in which the molecules could be laid out. I rechecked it twelve times to be sure... these plates are FLAWLESS. No cracks, no fatigue, no stress weak points. I LOVE Magic Forged steel."
I should call the Triple density Tungsten Carbide, Titanium plating... 'Cooper Steel'. Or 'MEGA-Steel.' Or something equally catchy.

Otherwise, I like your 'light' jacket. :wink:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content