AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-26, 10:58   Link #121
Tigerfire

So season 2 is over already? DDD:
Old 2009-12-26, 11:00   Link #122
Bordix

ugh, as usual these Dtb endings always leaves me completely mind raped and empty.

I don't know what the hell just happened... All I can remember in the end was Misaki's Boss suddenly posing like he's Rambo with a huge gun, that's all.

oh god I need some sleep.
Old 2009-12-26, 11:03   Link #123
Tubby

Am I the only one who found the Hei x Suou moment very touching? I know Hei is special, but arent contractors supposed to be not able to lie? He obviously knew they wouldn't be together.
Old 2009-12-26, 11:13   Link #124
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Am I the only one who found the Hei x Suou moment very touching? I know Hei is special, but arent contractors supposed to be not able to lie? He obviously knew they wouldn't be together.
you are not only one, touching moment . But Hei alway has something different with other contractor anyway.
Old 2009-12-26, 11:14   Link #125
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
ugh, as usual these Dtb endings always leaves me completely mind raped and empty.

I don't know what the hell just happened... All I can remember in the end was Misaki's Boss suddenly posing like he's Rambo with a huge gun, that's all.

oh god I need some sleep.
That was a really funny moment XD GOLGO !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
It was very touching indeed

Contractors lie .I remember one contractor who had payment which was inability to lie.
It was the last moment for Suou with Hei . If Hei did not lie she wouldn't be happy in those last seconds.

Hei is not really a contractor ( season 1 anyone, Pai's powers ? ) .
Old 2009-12-26, 11:52   Link #126
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwa Ite View Post
That was a really funny moment XD GOLGO !!!

It was very touching indeed

Contractors lie .I remember one contractor who had payment which was inability to lie.
It was the last moment for Suou with Hei . If Hei did not lie she wouldn't be happy in those last seconds.

Hei is not really a contractor ( season 1 anyone, Pai's powers ? ) .
Plus, he hasn't had a remuneration, has he?

It wasn't that touching because the moment Yin x Hei met was really short and the emotion was lacking (to my mind), but maybe it should be like this since Contractors and Dolls, in general, do not have emotions.

Spoiler for Assumption:
Old 2009-12-26, 11:54   Link #127
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Suou's "You're lying" was terribly similar to Yin's in the OVA trailer. Not to mention how Hei had her in a hug too. ;__;
Yeah exactly, I thought the same when I saw that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
THAT would be awesome! I liked that there was an openly emotional character on the team this season (Suou), so this combo would rock But unfortunately, what are tha chances of that...?

I don't quite get that either... I'm also not quite sure what Yin's purpose was- she's gone from protagonist to big evil with 5 minutes screentime, fine. But apart from that, I'm not sure what is so important about her in S2 that she gets to randomly be rescued (after all we've seen of her this is in the context of killing loads of people, or killing S2 characters, being told she is not the same anymore etc). Maybe the OVA will make this clearer, but looking only at S2, Yin's character/ importance is unclear, at least to me @_@
Don't be naive... OVA will provide us with much more unanswered questions, guys, think... only 4 eps, and so many unanswered questions from 1st season + some form 2nd season + new, for sure. For example, that girl, that looks like Amber, and I'm sure, that they wont explain much about Yin as Izanami....

E:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
Spoiler for Assumption:
hey... that new world was created by Shion, he created it for his sister, even Madame Power Ranger told that... I mean, it was not Heis job... if he had a wish, I think he would wish to save Yin, to do something to bring her back to her old self...

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2009-12-26 at 14:05.
Old 2009-12-26, 12:14   Link #128
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
Plus, he hasn't had a remuneration, has he?

It wasn't that touching because the moment Yin x Hei met was really short and the emotion was lacking (to my mind), but maybe it should be like this since Contractors and Dolls, in general, do not have emotions.

Spoiler for Assumption:
Yep =]

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2009-12-26, 12:32   Link #129
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
Don't be naive... OVA will provide as with much more unanswered questions, guys, think... only 4 eps, and so many unanswered questions from 1st season + some form 2nd season + new, for sure. For example, that girl, that looks like Amber, and I'm sure, that they wont explain much about Yin as Izanami....
uhh, good point! Only thing I meant was, hopefully it would make a little sense of why the hell Yin is seemingly soooo important, even though she had little role in this season at all. All she did was stare melancholically and kill things. And yet she gets a big pardon, instead of resolving whatever her issue was... it's kind of frustrating x_x Or so it seems to me..
Old 2009-12-26, 13:15   Link #130
Lummie

This season actually didn't answer any question of S1 or the questions that were raised during this season:

Why are there gates in the world of Darker Than Black?
What's the purpose of contracters?
Why do dolls show signs of emothion while they actually shouldn't be able to?
What's actually Hei's role now in the world he's currently living in?
Did Hei take Yin to bury her or is she still alive?
Why is Misaki so useless?

This season left me with a empty mind, you really can't consider this a second season if you ask me.... Hope the OVA's make up for it.
Old 2009-12-26, 13:21   Link #131
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I'm still thinking that Hei's wish inside of the Gate was to get his powers back (his star lit up again). I saw no other reason for that to happen.

And they still haven't explained wtf the gates are!

Ahhhh! Leaving it open yet again...

So these OVA's that are coming out, are they sequels to this? Or are they a prequel like the manga?
Old 2009-12-26, 13:22   Link #132
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
For example, that girl, that looks like Amber,
What? Where? What time sequence/episode?
Old 2009-12-26, 13:25   Link #133
Mr. Anime

well to me it looked like a heixyin ending so i am ok with it^^
BUT i would have liked a bit more fighting (hei vs hazuki was goood^^)
i rly hope for a 3rd season with hei yin misaki (maybe mao in cat form) but its not rly necessary of course we dont know many things about the gates and all but it could be worse. if there s going to be a 3rd season then PLZ less little girls (although i didnt dislike suou) but more hei,yin story and some fights WITH heis contractor powers.
suos role is probably over it was even said that the other earth is going further and further away unless they let her meet with hei but i doubt it
Old 2009-12-26, 13:39   Link #134
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
What? Where? What time sequence/episode?
He's talking about the OVA. A girl with similar appearance as Amber appears in the trailer.

Did anyone notice November 11 in the epilogue? He's holding July's hand when he was waving at Suou. So It's quite possible that all the contractors that died were revived in Shion's world.
Old 2009-12-26, 13:43   Link #135
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Was this season officially called DTB 2?

Because if it was just called the "Ryu...of Geimini" maybe this was a "specials season" and not the actual season 2...

One can dream...
Old 2009-12-26, 13:52   Link #136
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
He's talking about the OVA. A girl with similar appearance as Amber appears in the trailer.

Did anyone notice November 11 in the epilogue? He's holding July's hand when he was waving at Suou. So It's quite possible that all the contractors that died were revived in Shion's world.
Ah, I see. thxs

As for Nov11, the guy was wearing a long coat though...did Nov 11 wear a long coat? As for all the contractors that died being revived in Shion's world...damn, Hei should've joined them in that case.

Ditch the crummy gate/syndicate-infested world of his and go to Shion's world where he'll see his sister again and be reunited with Amber & Yin.
Old 2009-12-26, 13:59   Link #137
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

After watch it with subs, i just realize the episode is wasn't that suck. And i remembered the protagonis for Darker than Black : Meteor of Gemini is Suou yes its Suou, not Hei or Misaki. And it have nice build-up for the next season IMO.

For the Shota yin, any chance its part of negotiation between Yin and Shion ?
So Yin Request a copy of herself for any reason we don't know about, its quite possible right ?
Old 2009-12-26, 14:22   Link #138
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I'm still thinking that Hei's wish inside of the Gate was to get his powers back (his star lit up again). I saw no other reason for that to happen.

And they still haven't explained wtf the gates are!

Ahhhh! Leaving it open yet again...

So these OVA's that are coming out, are they sequels to this? Or are they a prequel like the manga?
I think that he gets his powers back thanks to Yin... Don't ask me why, I don't know xP But I feel like, that's the reason... maybe that was her wish ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

Yeop, I was talking about OVA (btw. She, she's "talking about" not he xP)

Yeah, I'm sure that everyone's "copy's" are there... but I'm wondering how did he made it ? I mean how did he separate gates, contractors etc. from that new world ? meh... maybe Hei and Yin are living there <dreaming>
No, but really, that idea with new world, new beginning, was hmmm quite stupid ? not original ? worn out ? And simply boring ? That's my taste so... I've just wanted to see Hei and Yin again, really, I don't need much, just tell me that Yin and Hei are still alive TT.TT In that case, I even don't have to know what is really going on. And I hope, that Suous story ends here... I mean... I like her but... but pleas, I got her much enough...
Old 2009-12-26, 14:31   Link #139
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that everyone's "copy's" are there... but I'm wondering how did he made it ? I mean how did he separate gates, contractors etc. from that new world ? meh... maybe Hei and Yin are living there <dreaming>
No, but really, that idea with new world, new beginning, was hmmm quite stupid ? not original ? worn out ? And simply boring ? That's my taste so... I've just wanted to see Hei and Yin again, really, I don't need much, just tell me that Yin and Hei are still alive TT.TT In that case, I even don't have to know what is really going on. And I hope, that Suous story ends here... I mean... I like her but... but pleas, I got her much enough...
Dude, since when DtB became show-which-reveal-all

And about copying and etc, at first i think it is the stupid idea, but hey this is a show who have Hell gate appear from their universe out from nowhere, and Shion already mentioned as "Izanagi" (God ??? and from japanese myth he is a god who create the world) so no wonder he can do some terrifying like that IMO.
Old 2009-12-26, 14:42   Link #140
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I can't believe this show ended. ; _ ; Misaki has such nice lips btw.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread