AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 16:27   Link #41
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Iwasaki Minami: Chihara Minori (Matsuki Miyu)
While my feelings are a tad mixed about the change of the voice cast, something just popped up in my mind:

Quote:

Minami Iwasaki

* Birthday: September 12th
* Lives in: Tokyo Metro
* Blood Type: A
* Strong subjects: PE

Minami is a very quiet girl who does not show much emotions, hence why she is often mistaken for being cool, but she very kind at heart. She comes from a wealthy family, and her home is in the same neighborhood as Takara. She owns a very large white dog, and has a parasol in her yard. Minami was admitted to Ryōō Gakuen High School along with Yutaka who she met during the admissions exam and is also in her class; Minami is the class health officer. Afterwards, she helped Yutaka go to the nurse's office when she became sick. Once there, she gave Yutaka her handkerchief.
I just found it amusing, that's all.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:30   Link #42
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It's official! KyoAni is throwing in Haruhi Suzumiya in-jokes in the series!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 09:10   Link #43
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
While my feelings are a tad mixed about the change of the voice cast, something just popped up in my mind:

I just found it amusing, that's all.
Sakaki + Chiyo desu!
Old 2006-12-13, 16:12   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's official! KyoAni is throwing in Haruhi Suzumiya in-jokes in the series!
Hopefully that really was just a joke. Yuki is part of a long line of stoic characters and simply being quiet and apparently emotionless doesn't really qualify as an "injoke" (particularly when the character herself is that way in the manga). I've seen enough of the manga now to know this series *could* be part of the family that includes such classics as Ichigo Masimaru and Azumanga Daioh. The girls are "stereotypical" but with enough of their own quirks that people who call them cardboard cutouts are simply illuminating their own observational skills.... poorly.
Old 2006-12-14, 01:14   Link #45
Julius Firefocht

Like many posters here, I am quite surprised by the wholesale change of the seiyuu cast. More Hirano Aya and Minori Chihara is good, but when you think about it, you lose people like Mai Nakahara, Ai Shimizu, Ami Koshimizu, Masumi Asano, Yukino Satsuki, Mamiko Noto and Yukari Tamura. That list reads like a who's who of female anime seiyuus.

It is good that KyoAni is giving newer seiyuus a break, but IMO it would be better to keep a couple of big names around, and keep Hirano Aya and Minori Chihara at the same time.

Even then, I have faith in KyoAni, so lets see how it turns out.

Oh, and what illness was Hirano Aya suffering from? Overwork and stress?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 09:32   Link #46
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Hirano Aya is suffering from both.

I think that She'll only have a hiatus on live performances and not on her seiyuu career(based on what i read at the suzumiya forum).
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 23:26   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Perusing my way through the 3rd volume now.... just a quirky little series, lots of minor smiles and chuckles.... Looking forward to the animated version now.
Old 2007-01-02, 14:57   Link #48
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

For those Konata fans, you can download the Comptiq 23rd anniversary wallpaper here: http://www.comptiq.com/event/23anniversary/index.html
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 15:26   Link #49
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

From MOON PHASE:

Anime character design was revealed on Newtype:

It's not all that bad, besides Konata's hair color.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 17:47   Link #50
-Breakthrough-

Not bad at the anime art, though I expected more in Konata's hair XD
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:15   Link #51
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Manage to flip through the manga. To me, this is a step down moe version of Azumanga.

Now I'm just waiting to see if KyoAni can make gold out of this.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:35   Link #52
retardation
phantom loser

there's probably things i should anticipate more.... but i'm excited about this for some reason.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 09:16   Link #53
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

And here's an HR scan of that previously posted image:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 16:08   Link #54
cyth
Banned

I don't know if this is already a known fact, but MOON PHASE linked this news today, announcing a late friday night radio show Lucky☆Channel (らっきー☆ちゃんねる) which is going to be held before the actual spring airing of Lucky☆Star TV anime series on Radio Kansai's Anitama every friday from 24:30 to 25:00. It's probably going to run until the anime starts. The radio show is taking mail letters on which they'll respond.

EDIT:

http://lantis-net.com/rakisuta/

Here's the first episode of it.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-13 at 04:23.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 02:16   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
The cast for Lucky☆Star has been announced. Cast/Anime Seiyuu (Drama CD, Game Seiyuu)....
I realize I'm late to the party here, but that seems like a big change to me, too. Koshimizu Ami, Nakahara Mai, Shimizu Ai, Asano Masumi, Matsuki Miyu, Noto Mamiko, Tamura Yukari, Saitou Chiwa. I've read that big names don't cost any more than small ones, but that sounds like an expensive line-up to me. (As well as being close to my dream team.) Scheduling names like that could be a problem, too, of course.

But a big yes to Hirano Aya, and also to Sasaki Nozomi. If you haven't seen Bokura ga Ita, you're in for a big surprise. Nozomi-chan has a voice as unique and wonderful as Saitou Chiwa's, though with less training. The most moe voice I know.

From the activity she portrays on her blog, it doesn't sound as if Hirano Aya is much weakened. As far as I can tell, she is cutting back drastically on public appearances, but going ahead full-bore with anime roles. And going to university at the same time. I've seen no info anywhere about what her trouble was. I expect just exhaustion, but she said it was something that needed treatment and that she will have to keep taking care of. Not to start a rumor, but an eating disorder could fit that bill.

The person adapting the comic is Machida Doko, who was also lead writer on Muteki Kanban Musume, and earlier scripted a number of episodes of Onegai My MNelody and one of Wolf's Rain. The director, Yamamoto Yutaka, directed episodes of AIR, FMP, SHnY, and Kanon, and did script work on SHnY, but this appears to be his first time in overall charge.

As for 4-koma-based anime, Hidamari Sketch is Shinbou doing it again.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 21:58   Link #56
steelbound
Yuki-ism

As Kanon gets closer to finishing I can't but help looking forward to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

The director, Yamamoto Yutaka, directed episodes of AIR, FMP, SHnY, and Kanon, and did script work on SHnY, but this appears to be his first time in overall charge.
I was looking at this today. I couldn't help but think that the guy,Tatsuya Ishihara, who directed Kanon, Haruhi, and Air is busy working on Haruhi season 2.
Old 2007-01-30, 17:26   Link #57
NeoSam

So its starting in April I can't wait to see the possibly first highest quality anime based on a 4-panel manga >.<
Old 2007-01-30, 19:31   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just the thought is making my brain twitch.... 4 panel.... KyoAni effects.... good grief...
Old 2007-01-30, 19:39   Link #59
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Lol, 3 months without posting/looking in this thread.

Seems like someone forgot about this show for a little while.

Still looking forward to this.
Old 2007-01-30, 21:42   Link #60
Skane
Anime Snark

As I postulated earlier in this thread, Lucky Star may be KyoAni's way of taking a break.

Cheers.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen