AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-14, 17:16   Link #421
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yuuno sucks. Chrono is married. Let's face it. All our hopes for a decent male rest on Elio Basing our hopes on a shouta, what has the world come to...

NanohaxFate is pretty much canon, even SoundStage gives some hints Doubt it'll change unless Hayate joins the fun, but she already has her female harem at home (and a dog-pimp to guard them )

Go Elio, makes us proud
Old 2007-04-14, 19:03   Link #422
Twelvth

RARARARARARGH!

Why does there even NEED to be NanohaxWhoever or FatexWhoever pairings, eh!?

What's wrong with being single? They're only Farking 19! They have a while to go yet.

To arms my brethren and sistren for friendship over romance! To arms! *crickets chirp* Ahh.... am I the only one?

I am extremely liking StrikerS so far though. Tia is my queen!
Old 2007-04-14, 19:09   Link #423
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, you're not (I'm fine with people being friends/comrades). Sometimes it reminds me of the gossiping clerical workers at one place I worked who couldn't *conceive* that engineers of opposing sexes could actually be *buddies*.
But mostly I think its just viewers hoping for romance amidst the booms and bangs.
Old 2007-04-14, 19:11   Link #424
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvth View Post
RARARARARARGH!

because it is fun ? Seriously - show having a romance in it is a preference of mine, so ... If nothing else it adds one more thing to look towards to while watching the show, and it adds more chances to explore the characters.

Quote:
What's wrong with being single? They're only Farking 19! They have a while to go yet.
No ones asking for them to get pregnant ...no - scratch that...i think i saw that being mentioned as well
Quote:

To arms my brethren and sistren for friendship over romance! To arms! *crickets chirp* Ahh.... am I the only one?
Yes. (or not...perhaps )
Old 2007-04-14, 19:15   Link #425
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Twelvth: IRL? Sure. But anime works with different rules.
Old 2007-04-14, 19:17   Link #426
Twelvth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, you're not (I'm fine with people being friends/comrades). Sometimes it reminds me of the gossiping clerical workers at one place I worked who couldn't *conceive* that engineers of opposing sexes could actually be *buddies*.
But mostly I think its just viewers hoping for romance amidst the booms and bangs.
Yeah I guess so... but it still makes me somewhat perturbed.

I have a lot of buddies of both gender, personally... And people always think I'm dating one of the female ones, when I disclose that I am not they tend to decide I'm gay and have a crush on one of my male ones. ARG. Maybe that's where my annoyance stems from...

In any case, I shall nevertheless decline to fail in raising a shield against the shippers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Twelvth: IRL? Sure. But anime works with different rules.
Please forgive me for disagreeing.
Old 2007-04-14, 19:29   Link #427
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If you think RL and anime work the same, boy are you in for a surprise!
Old 2007-04-14, 19:59   Link #428
Twelvth

Images of reality.

Some of which are better than others.

Technically speaking, it's the human interaction that ideally mirrors reality more closely.
Old 2007-04-14, 20:26   Link #429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvth View Post
RARARARARARGH!

Because they have yet place any developments in that direction. And at that age, there are usually some hints of interests with either genders.

And you're mistaken, why do you think a number of people here didn't like the idea of having them jump their age to 19?

Because unlike real life, anime female character's prime age is ALOT younger... Pass that, and the youth is gone...

Quote:

It's a cold and lonely world out there....

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

No ones asking for them to get pregnant ...no - scratch that...i think i saw that being mentioned as well
Yeah , it was brought up when ''That Man'' suggested that Fate worrying about Nanoha might not be because of any injury, but rather....
Old 2007-04-14, 20:41   Link #430
johnjefferson3

i think a good way of showing if this would be the final season, is to make nanoha pregent, or at least finish her off just saving the world and just have her be a mother then, when child gets older, get the child ready into magic and then have a true 2nd generation of magic battlers saving the universe, we can have then hayate, fates and nanoha children getting together and starting the process over again, and in that way the magical girl gener could last forever!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-04-14, 20:54   Link #431
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think this thread has gotten massively silly and I'll be spending more time watching my backlog, and working on other things
Old 2007-04-14, 21:02   Link #432
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think this thread has gotten massively silly
I second the notion.
Old 2007-04-14, 21:16   Link #433
Seiryuu

NOW it's gotten silly?
:looks back at Hayate's dress code scenario:
Actually, I think it's gotten a little more serious than it was.
This current talk brings back memories. I've raved about a few shows where everyone seemed to be certain that two friends or comrades-in-arms were involved in some sort of secret romance; wondering why the sort of deep companionship that does exist, especially when people are fighting together regularly, can't be appreciated for what it is instead of being interpreted as something else. Of course, most of those cases were concerning a friendship between guys. I don't like overzealous speculation in any case, but I guess I tolerate guy-girl and even girl-girl a little better than guy-guy.
Looking back on the speculation that Fate was worried about Nanoha because she was p*******, two things came to mind: Nanoha doesn't seem to have any serious relationships with guys, and that makes me worry more about the person's conception of Fate, and what might be the meaning of "you know how tough I am"?
I've noticed Nanoha and Fate like to watch Subaru and Tia, I started thinking this must be nostalgic to them. "Remember when you used to do that to me..."
Old 2007-04-14, 21:17   Link #434
sezen_atacan

Umm....err... still no dub yet? episode 1 however seems to get dubbed pretty fast... hmm...
Old 2007-04-14, 21:23   Link #435
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
Umm....err... still no dub yet? episode 1 however seems to get dubbed pretty fast... hmm...
There's already one out by DGz. It's rather high-quality already.
Old 2007-04-14, 21:35   Link #436
Skane
Anime Snark

I think you guys mean "sub", not "dub".

Old 2007-04-14, 21:47   Link #437
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I second the notion.
Its just fanboys/fangirls/otakus having their bit of fun. 300 just sorta made things worse. ^^;

Personally, I'm kinda big on romance here too. It's probably a sublimal feeling, considering that I dun take full romance types at all, but its gotta be there. This want for NxY probably started cos:

a) it came first. Who doesn't like eternal love blossoming from a child's affection?
b) Sakura and Syaoran made it cool.

Speaking of CCS, given the heavy CLAMP referencing from the Nanohaverse, it does warrant concern that the "Sakura" is made to look like she's going for "Tomoyo" over "Syaoran". Then again, from the CCS universe, we also have Sakura realizing that her feelings for "Syaoran" were radically different from anyone else. And so I'm holding out for it. 2/26 has a lot of room to go.

By the way, as group mechanics go, for every good offenser, there's a good defender. Yuuno fulfills that role in being a shield that could significantly tank a cartridge-powered attack without needing a literal shot in the arm, as seen in A's.
Old 2007-04-14, 23:20   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
NOW it's gotten silly?
:looks back at Hayate's dress code scenario:
Actually, I think it's gotten a little more serious than it was.

This current talk brings back memories. I've raved about a few shows where everyone seemed to be certain that two friends or comrades-in-arms were involved in some sort of secret romance; wondering why the sort of deep companionship that does exist, especially when people are fighting together regularly, can't be appreciated for what it is instead of being interpreted as something else.
? We're not (Or at least I'm not) trying to see things that are not there. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping that there's something there because I feel that it'll be nice if it happens.

I could also say the same for people who doesn't want read inbetween the lines...

(Damn, it has a bad taste in my mouth...)

Quote:
Of course, most of those cases were concerning a friendship between guys. I don't like overzealous speculation in any case, but I guess I tolerate guy-girl and even girl-girl a little better than guy-guy.
guy-girl or bust. It's that simple for me. (Yaoi fans for shounen series are jusr crazy...)

Quote:
Looking back on the speculation that Fate was worried about Nanoha because she was p*******, two things came to mind: Nanoha doesn't seem to have any serious relationships with guys, and that makes me worry more about the person's conception of Fate, and what might be the meaning of "you know how tough I am"?
It's not really a speculation ... It's just a joke... Can't believe you guys are taking it seriously...

...Also I can counter that by saying Fate had seen Nanoha walk out of the receiving end of several big bang spells, hence "you know how tough I am?"

Quote:
I've noticed Nanoha and Fate like to watch Subaru and Tia, I started thinking this must be nostalgic to them. "Remember when you used to do that to me..."
Except for one problem and that is Nanoha and Fate's relation, or the way they interact with each other is NOTHING like Subaru and Teana's.
Old 2007-04-14, 23:26   Link #439
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

By the way, as group mechanics go, for every good offenser, there's a good defender. Yuuno fulfills that role in being a shield that could significantly tank a cartridge-powered attack without needing a literal shot in the arm, as seen in A's.
I agree to an extend with the other parts of your post. But unfortunately for this one, the writers have buffed Nanoha and Fate so much that it's unnecessary for them to require any help from their ''Tsukaimas'' (heh) ...
Old 2007-04-14, 23:38   Link #440
Thisguy
Negikamo

Uhm... Ep3 is due out in 12 hours, and all you lots are talking about hetero vs yuri?
Closed Thread