AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 01:07   Link #41
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Sigh. As much as I hate to do another "What Negima anime/OVA/Dorama/Movie?" routine...they don't seem to give me much choice I knew things were bound to go wrong the minute I knew that hundreds of chapters were going to be compressed 60 minutes at most but to derail them like this? :FacePalm:

Why bother rushing the manga when the endings gonna be radically different anyway?
Old 2011-08-28, 01:44   Link #42
divinicide

I am sure a lot of people are disappointed with the film's direction but I'll still watch the movie. Any adaptions are bound to make some changes so I'll just watch it as its own continuity. I have to admit that being a Negima fan is extremely torturous.
divinicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 02:15   Link #43
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Does anyone know if the CD with the movie's theme song has been released already? Because I know the one for HnG has been released.
-- they are out on the 24th
-- I believe it is forbidden to talk about ripped/shared files here?
-- in any case, the song is all 31 seiyu singing the common Japanese high school graduation song like K-On, so nothing new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
So, indeed of working together as a true Nakama to find a solution and getting all of them to keep their memories, the girls break down into a bunch of egoistic competitors only to save their own figurative hides?
This ain't Negima.
it is Negims if you talk about
Spoiler for movie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
...Kay. After reading all of the above, I have hereby decided to ignore the movie altogether and focus solely on the manga.
then
Spoiler for you will miss:

one correction, the movie is 50 minutes. and it will be bundle as DVD with the 37LE, (no BD) and if things work out like before, it should be out mid November.
Old 2011-08-28, 03:58   Link #44
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
[

Why bother rushing the manga when the endings gonna be radically different anyway?
I don't think Akamatsu-sensei realized it was going to be so different from the script he'd read earlier in the production process.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 05:24   Link #45
Aiakos

Is ther some other reviews about the movie?
Aiakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 06:03   Link #46
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Spoiler for movie:

of course Ken specifically said in his twitter, which others had posted above, the anime people forgot to put in the fact
1. the graduation is next day, (so the movie really is just 2 days long)
2. the ones who are not picked will have their memory with magic erased,
(thus the urgency, and the fight that ensued in the girls' battle for Negi.)
Spoiler for just to be safe:
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 07:14   Link #47
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
not to mention all the new pactio designs.
Of course. Since clearly that went well last time.

*grabs brain bleach*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I don't think Akamatsu-sensei realized it was going to be so different from the script he'd read earlier in the production process.
Really?

What difference does it makes? The die was cast. Wondering what could have been wouldn't change what had been made. I was expecting a somewhat faithful adaptation (for all their deficiencies, the OVA's at least succeeded in that part) and the only thing similar were the names, faces and costumes of the characters, as well that it's on Mars and that there will be fanservice with a bit of KonoSetsu shiptease.

Is there even going to be a final duel between Negi and Fate? Don't tell me it's going to end with Harem Power? Again? No punches, lightnings, epic scenery destruction?

EDIT: Btw, this might be early but did the movie performed financially well?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-08-28 at 07:27.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 09:05   Link #48
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Spoiler for movie:
Spoiler for But then...:

Quote:
then

Spoiler for Ah, but...:
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 03:17   Link #49
Hata
時の異邦人

the latest info is the movie will be part of the LE package out EARLY NEXT SPRING, since Japanese tend to start spring season on April, and I don't think they can delay the release of 36 for 6 months, I would GUESS the movie DVD will be part of the manga 38LE out next... May?

of course, most of the opinions I read hoping Shaft will "fix" the movie by putting back the "deleted" 20 minutes back into it to make it a "complete" 60 minutes movie, even when there is never any evident to suggest that is the case, people tend to blame the short coming of the movie on incomplete/rush/lack of time than incompetence, I myself really doubt that (adding 20 minutes) will happen.

most people, on a scale of 1-100, scores Negima 65-75, Hayate, OTOH, scores 85.
Old 2011-08-29, 22:32   Link #50
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

Quote:
-- they are out on the 24th
-- I believe it is forbidden to talk about ripped/shared files here?
-- in any case, the song is all 31 seiyu singing the common Japanese high school graduation song like K-On, so nothing new here.

Spoiler for movie:

then

one correction, the movie is 50 minutes. and it will be bundle as DVD with the 37LE, (no BD) and if things work out like before, it should be out mid November.
SINCE you brought up the whole bath scene/pool scene between Konoka and Setsuna which was spotlighted in the trailer...can you care to spoil what the hell happened between them? What was that about? Re-doing their patico?

(This was back in 2007 I guess? Whoa. Maybe 2005...IDK)Currently Watching:
Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Spychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 16:12   Link #51
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spychan View Post
SINCE you brought up the whole bath scene/pool scene between Konoka and Setsuna which was spotlighted in the trailer...can you care to spoil what the hell happened between them? What was that about? Re-doing their patico?

i like to know as well
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 01:09   Link #52
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spychan View Post
SINCE I have not watch the movie, I can't. general movie spoiler just list them as service for the sake of service.

==========
for Negima/Hayate double features
8/27-28 two days total
29 screens
27,570 ticket sold
39,373,500 yen made
1 US dollar = 76.61 Japanese yen, 08/31/11
~==$513,947.27

(remember this is a double features, so not all the profits goes to Negima, I don't think they will lose money out of it, but I doubt they will show much profit, either.)

Last edited by Hata; 2011-08-31 at 09:49. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 21:22   Link #53
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

An English review of the movie can be found here. (warning: spoilers)

Personally, this review does confirm my fears that I have for this film, especially when it comes to the stupid "everyone loses their memories of magic after graduation" plot point (sorry, but I still find it to be complete bull).

Still, I would still like to see the clip of
Spoiler for movie:
Old 2011-09-04, 22:30   Link #54
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

Reading that made me die a little.

This summary mirrored my sentiments exactly.

Quote:
But it’s not what Negima has gotten us used do. No ingenious twists, clever tactics and subverting the genre. Instead we get gratuitous beam throwing and convenient Hollywood logic.
At least this line made me laugh a little (bitter laugh, but still)
Quote:
Since your average Japanese author doesn’t usually make an effort to discourage viewers from watching their own creation a day before the premiere, most of us were really afraid it was just that horrible.
Old 2011-09-05, 05:01   Link #55
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

Personally, this review does confirm my fears that I have for this film, especially when it comes to the stupid "everyone loses their memories of magic after graduation" plot point (sorry, but I still find it to be complete bull).
Called it. Pretty much going to be watching it for the surprise character's appearance now.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 05:42   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Reading the summary makes me wonder how that movie isn't "that" horrible.
The premises make little sense considering the context of the class after Mundus Magicus (I would at least consider the possibility like what... Kyoto / Festival?)), and I can't help but shake my head in astonishment for all the "fine details"...
Old 2011-09-06, 05:15   Link #57
dark x

After reading all the posts here im a little worried about the movie (though first i have to figure out where i can see or get it)

I agree that the ending of all but his partner losing their memory is bull and kinda depressing.
dark x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 09:20   Link #58
nines
I much prefer the 2d

So a horrible ending in movie and in manga for this arc. Wow what happened to KA...,
Old 2011-09-06, 16:55   Link #59
dark x

Has there been any word of the movie coming to us?
dark x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 23:35   Link #60
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark x View Post
I agree that the ending of all but his partner losing their memory is bull and kinda depressing.
It doesn't even make any freaking sense. Rakan and Albireo have kept their Pactios with Nagi for more than ten years now, and no one has erased their memories. And why is Natsumi scheduled to lose her memories as well? Her pactio is with Kotaro and has nothing to do with Negi! She perfectly can be Kotaro's permanent partner, since he has absolutely no other partners.

Really, the whole premise just screams of ill thought Deus Angst Machina.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote