AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ plus - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 9 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-31, 13:11   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Amagami SS+ plus - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Amagami SS+ plus ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2012-03-31, 13:44   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Overall I would give the series a 7/10 vote ... i.e. it was "good". But imo it could have been better too. Classic example for my claim is the last arc - Haruka's. So much love was put into the storyline and the heroine that made it quite engaging. In retrospect it was sad that the other heroine's arcs did not get as much love and attention.

Still - even with that I enjoyed the season as a whole, though it was not "earthshaking" or something like that.
Old 2012-03-31, 23:24   Link #3
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
As a season, this show was rather weak. As a series, adding these episodes to the main season just makes it better and more extensive. I rate shows by the series, not by the seasons it puts up.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:30   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think it was a decent sequel to the first season. Glad that they finally put some closure to Rihoko's arc (then again, that first season's required them to).
It worked as a sequel, I guess, but not that interesting in some arcs, because everything that needs to be done has already been done and they are just continuing when I felt they didn't really need to (except Rihoko's arc).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-04-01, 12:58   Link #5
justsomeguy

It's basically just more of the same as the first season, so same score. 9/10

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-04-01, 14:38   Link #6
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh, let's just say, I went "HHHNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHH" and "OMG" more times this season than the previous.

Even chubby cheeks Rihoko gets more attention. Thing is: this season managed to make her look better, even though the ending to her arc was lackluster.

It's really the Haruka arc that really did the trick. Like many, that public confession at the graduation ceremony = Mind-explosion, by which I mix up feelings of "OMFG", "Way to go", "Jealously", "Despair" and "Holy freakin' $#^@$%". All in one bag too!

And thank goodness for the fanservice OVA which brings a nicer "ease" towards the realization of "This series is over!"

Also, plenty more Miya action this time; and far far far less on stalker girl, Risa.

The most honest arc in terms to actual relationship development: Ai.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:56   Link #7
idiott
wat

A little bit of mixed feelings here...

On one hand, it was great to see the continuation of the series and see them expanding relationships a bit. Bonus points for creating completely new storylines that don't just cram more in-game events into anime. And finally resolving Rihoko's arc (seriously, the guy responsible for her SS arc should be bitchslapped so hard his face friendzones him). For me, Haruka's arc was the highlight of SS+ and the best made arc, even though I wasn't that interested in the character after SS.

On the other hand, it was half the content and it some cases it clearly wasn't enough and made things seem rushed (I believe Haruka or Kaoru arcs could've easily been made into 4-parters), while for some, like Sae's arc, even these 2 episodes were hard to fill in a meaningful way. It would also quite obvious they had more fun doing some arcs than others.

It would also be great if they included some secondary character arcs, with one standard opening and ending, requiring them to only change short parts of them which is very little work compared to SS, where every girl had her own ending. They even made character songs CD for Hibiki, so I really doubt she's not popular enough for own mini-arc. Also, Risa's arc where?

Sadly, there isn't seem to be any substantial material left for another season, so I guess it's really the end. Overall, the series was quite enjoyable to watch, despite some bumps and rushed feeling here and there, so I gave it 'good' rank. Now to wait on BD bonus videos!
Old 2012-04-04, 11:23   Link #8
teja208
Critical fanboy

When AIC friendzoned Riho, I was confused. At that time, I don't understand the reason behind it. But now I see that the studio actually has further plan for Amagami franchise. Amagami SS plus is quite an enjoyable sequal and it's nice to see the cast return again. Each arc maybe is too short, but considor this is an addition to the main series, that is to be expected.

However I have minor complaint about how they handle each arc. With exception of the first and last arc, namely Tsukasa and Haruka, In the main series, Junichi's monologue: his inner conflict and how he ponders about what is troubling the heroines is the focus. But here, most problems are seen from heroines' POV and Junichi rarely thinks at all. Or I should've put it as if we didn't hear much of his monologues which IMO is very important in making most of his actions and behaviors more meaningful. In short, plus centers around heroines' inner thought way too much. This needs to be tone down in order to balance both MC and heroine dynamic to make the couple more engaging to the audience.

I give this series 8 out of 10.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:19   Link #9
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

9/10

Amagami SS+ is one of the best non canon sequel ever. I would give it a 10/10 if each arc has 4 episodes.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:59   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ehhhhhh, I didn't NOT enjoy it but nor did it affect me profoundly. Enjoyed seeing certain characters again and funny moments... seemed like, well, they just running the series in neutral/idle or something. More episodes per route might have helped????

7/10 = "good"
Old 2012-06-01, 13:13   Link #11
hero147

I enjoyed it a lot. Beautiful girls + resolved romances = win. Though, I couldn't muster the will to watch it weekly during school.
Closed Thread