AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2018-07-21, 11:29   Link #1
World_of_Z

Things you discovered when rewatching an anime.

Hi guys

Do you discover anything or notice anything in the anime or your experience that you
didn't notice when first watching?

When I rewatched One Piece from the beginning I felt like I was more attached to the series and to their characters more.

What about you guys?
World_of_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 01:48   Link #2
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Depends on the anime. Rewatching Conan, I noticed some things. Like evil Genta in episode 3, who kind of secretly instigated the contact with Conan and created their little detective boys club. Or how the series creators have a thing for Initial D. Or two. Also, that the creators of the newer episodes haven't watched the earlier ones. Case in point: remember how the very first appearance of Kaitou Kid was at some boat owned by the mother of Rans friend Sonoko and how he disguised himself as Ran? It's episode 76. About 700 episodes later, at Ep746 Sonokos Mom is all like "Kid has never disguised himself as a female". Right.
Old 2018-07-24, 00:43   Link #3
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Too many anime to list, but generally, you see the bullets fired before they become smoking guns
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 23:48   Link #4
crazyidiot78

rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny I began to sympathize with the characters more and the PTSD they probably all have.
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 18:43   Link #5
Top Sergeant

On my first re-watch of Sound of the Sky I realized that the post apocalyptic setting was caused by an aborted alien invasion about 300 years before the show begins.
Old 2018-08-06, 21:27   Link #6
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

As mentioned earlier, it depends on the anime. Some productions, especially anime movies, have details that are often overlooked at first but are picked up in repeat viewings. In Wolf Children, for example, director and creator Mamoru Hosoda built in details that hint at the deeper background behind the main character, the young single mother Hana.

After my second and third viewing, for example, I realised that Hana was likely also brought up by a single parent — her father — not just because she never mentioned her mother, but also because the only picture she kept in her small rented apartment was that of her and her father. That's a very tiny background detail that popped up in only one brief scene. It's really a case of blink, and you'll miss it.

Another important realisation, after repeated viewings of Wolf Children is the significance of the story being narrated by, Hana's elder child, Yuki. This can have a subtle impact on how a viewer may react to the movie's ending — which I won't spoil, but I'll just point out that it's something interesting to consider for anyone who gets around to watching the film.

Ghibli movies, by virtue of their sheer depth of artistic quality and story-telling, are always worth watching multiple times, especially as one grows older and develops a deeper insight into life, as you'd then have a better appreciation for the hard-hitting realities that the studio's movies often only hint at.

And then there's the up and rising wunderkind, Makoto Shinkai, who's very fond of using recurring motifs and themes in many of his projects. For example, the image of a full moon split in two by a line, occurs in at least two of his movies. It doesn't necessarily have any symbolic meaning relevant to the story at hand, but the image does help to set a mood and tone, implying beauty (the full moon) that's marred or divided by circumstances (lost love, distance, misunderstandings, etc). Shinkai is particularly good at using specific scenery to set a mood for his stories, so these are details I tend to look out for when watching his movies.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:04   Link #7
Mars Terra

There were a few things in Nagi no Asukara that I didn't catch the first time such as...

Spoiler for episode 1:

Spoiler for episode 4:

Spoiler for episode 6:

Spoiler for episode 10:

Spoiler for episode 16:
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 20:31   Link #8
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Digimon 1: They reuse the same animation a lot of times.
Saint Seiya Hades Elysium: They recylced even the way the soundtrack was played in the Poseidon arc finale.
Scryed: When an episode title has a character's name they die.
Dragon Ball in general: Funimation tried a lot to make the characters more likable by changing the original script.
Captain Tsubasa: The field is shorter every time it is rebooted.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 17:27   Link #9
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

That Matsunaga Yayoi from Night Walker underwent a drastic change in appearance from one episode to the next one. I don't know how, but I didn't notice this the first time. Or the second time. It was by accident looking back on it.
0cean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 17:44   Link #10
bakato

Any work by Rie Matsumoto.