AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 15:38   Link #1701
magnuskn

It's pretty difficult to see how the series gets the school setting back. But given that a lot of Shu's classmates are in the OP, it seems they will stay a part of the series.

Seems a bit schizophrenic, unless Shu will betray Funeral Parlor... and how he could keep Inoris respect after that I don't know.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:39   Link #1702
tsunade666

^ How will they do a beach episode if Shu is in wanted list? specially with Hare and class rep >.> nice swim suit Hare we need a lot more of her
Old 2011-11-05, 15:48   Link #1703
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ How will they do a beach episode if Shu is in wanted list? specially with Hare and class rep >.> nice swim suit Hare we need a lot more of her
I hope they're setting him up as the double agent, which would be awesome, since we haven't seen a lot of those characters (from their perspectives); to make this happen, Mr. Clown will probably clear Shu's name temporarily.

I know people told me to not take this show seriously, but I honestly believe there is still a lot of potential to be explored ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:50   Link #1704
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It's pretty difficult to see how the series gets the school setting back. But given that a lot of Shu's classmates are in the OP, it seems they will stay a part of the series.

Seems a bit schizophrenic, unless Shu will betray Funeral Parlor... and how he could keep Inoris respect after that I don't know.
funeral parlo could win before ep 10-15, so shu can go to scholl (eventually gai would be the final enemy)
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 16:08   Link #1705
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Yeah, Hare is one of my favorites. "Shuu, if you wanted to, all you had to do was ask.."

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 16:27   Link #1706
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I hope they're setting him up as the double agent, which would be awesome
Too bad awesome ideas like this barely ever make it into anime.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:45   Link #1707
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Too bad awesome ideas like this barely ever make it into anime.
Eh? Its a common trick in Macross.
Old 2011-11-05, 17:13   Link #1708
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- I'm not going to question Inori's gravity-defying leaps. I'm just wondering why she didn't use them when escaping with the void genome back in the first episode.
Didn't she do a death defying jump off a bridge in ep1?

Quote:
You'd think as the protector of the "law", the GHQ would notify Shu's parents if he gets arrested, since he's underaged and all.
GHQ doesn't protect the law. They there are their to stop an epidemic. Why they need such a large military, mecha, prisions, and have the power to excute how ever they want under the guise of stopping the epidemic is very question. Makes me think that his Apocalypse virus is just a guise for something more sinister.

Quote:
- Yahiro broke the sacred "Bros before Otoutos" law. Needless to say I'm not very fond of him either. The whole brother thing was too sudden and felt artificial.
You mean you prefer the previous reason of him being a selfish crack addict? At least this make him sympathetic and gives hope we might see more of his character latter.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:59   Link #1709
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Did she? Anyways jumping off a bridge isn't the same as jumping that high. And it still doesn't explain why only she she seems to have gravity-defying powers.

Quote:
GHQ doesn't protect the law. They there are their to stop an epidemic. Why they need such a large military, mecha, prisions, and have the power to excute how ever they want under the guise of stopping the epidemic is very question. Makes me think that his Apocalypse virus is just a guise for something more sinister.
Considering how cartoony the bad guys are, as well as the fact that they don't seem to be having fun with what they're doing, I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
You mean you prefer the previous reason of him being a selfish crack addict? At least this make him sympathetic and gives hope we might see more of his character latter.
Yeah, but it goes against his characterization last episode of being a guy with two faces. So apparently, he's just a guy who is being controlled by his selfish desires? I know people have multiple dimensions, but it felt tacked on.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:06   Link #1710
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
If I remembered correctly, an explosion blast from big robot number 382 threw her off the bridge.

And yeah, I liked drug addict yahiro more than little brother-con yahiro more. His "innocence" now seems to enforces the fact that all civilians on this show so far are victims, which seems a little too black and white to me. Oh well.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:04   Link #1711
miketyson

She jumped down from the upper level of that abandoned warehouse. It was definitely a big enough jump to be like "whoa, realism?" at the time.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:32   Link #1712
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Isn't the country still under martial law?

In any case they are still "justified (to the world I mean)" in carrying out their actions and from what we've seen there are still people being infected by the virus.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 19:40   Link #1713
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Our friend the drug dealer isn't more sympathetic now than he was before. Then, he was controlled by his desires. Now he is harming others for the sake of his family. Complex, but still not good.

Thanks to those who pointed out the fall from the bridge and leap from the mezzanine. I wondered how she could survive that blast and fall without obvious harm. It seems to me now that we were already getting hints that she is physically special in ways other than just her glamorous appearance.

Bad guys cartoony? No more than other anime, it seems to me. How about the Brtitannic Emperor in Code Geass? And Segai is being spun into a quite interesting character. Civilians all good guys? Not the drug dealer, in my books.

As an aside, it seems to me that only Americans and Japanese would not be surprised that drug dealer-kun needed to get money to pay for his brother's treatment. In Canada, and I believe in most other countries with socialized medicine, there are no sizeable user fees ("copayments") for treatment that is prescribed. We've already paid collectively in our taxes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:57   Link #1714
Xaturas

This show reminds me Deadmans Wonderland on many levels, less gory for sure but at first I thought they had all that defenses for Kido man as he was the case of virus, but that got blown down halfway trough ep 4.
Still it seems like a copy-cut-paste from many anime shows, some elements from DW some from CG and fanservice and stuff from others.
Hmmm I will watch this show as theres not much good shows for me this season in that department (you know shows with story not some Everyday school life settings, and I'll watch FSN Zero after its all done for 1-3 days marathon).

Ohhh and forgot Didn't read past page 86 but it really seems that inori is some kind of representation of past girl which he reminiscent in ep 1.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:07   Link #1715
TheDrifter

this show is alright so far. can't say i like the main character, or the girls. but the dude that looks like a lady seems interesting (gai). and that weird guy that shot one of his own soldiers seems interesting too.

but two characters, one that seems like a side character, and the other that seems to be a boss guy for level 2 isn't enough for me to keep watching the show. fortunately i like the setting so i'll keep going.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 22:32   Link #1716
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of funny that we had all this focus on Shu being arrested and there wasn't even a brief shot at how his mother was responding. The rescue came fairly soon, but wow not even a visit .

No shock that Shu kept the transmitter, I'd probably keep it too. Not much reason to trust Gai who wants to use the power Shu obtained for his goals. Won't tell a thing about his personal motivations and treats Inori (about the only person Shu can trust) much colder than everyone else. He's going with Gai because it's him or the people who arrested him. At this point he's got to keep options open and see where this situation goes. Of course I'd be worried that the second I turned the thing on 20,000 missiles would be instantly fired at my location.

At least we got some fairly good confirmation that Inori isn't exactly human. Well could be some kind of artificial human, a void experiment, clone, cyborg, whatever. Jump power! But also not that surprising that Inori abandoned the plan to go save Shu. Whatever her background it's clear Shu treats her better than anyone else there. In a sense they are both the only person each other can trust and rely on.

Whatever the complaints that was an awesome scene after Shu drew out Inori's void and just sliced up everything . At that point I don't care what makes sense anymore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Our friend the drug dealer isn't more sympathetic now than he was before. Then, he was controlled by his desires. Now he is harming others for the sake of his family. Complex, but still not good.

Thanks to those who pointed out the fall from the bridge and leap from the mezzanine. I wondered how she could survive that blast and fall without obvious harm. It seems to me now that we were already getting hints that she is physically special in ways other than just her glamorous appearance.

Bad guys cartoony? No more than other anime, it seems to me. How about the Brtitannic Emperor in Code Geass? And Segai is being spun into a quite interesting character. Civilians all good guys? Not the drug dealer, in my books.

As an aside, it seems to me that only Americans and Japanese would not be surprised that drug dealer-kun needed to get money to pay for his brother's treatment. In Canada, and I believe in most other countries with socialized medicine, there are no sizeable user fees ("copayments") for treatment that is prescribed. We've already paid collectively in our taxes.
Yeah this development of Yahiro being a drug dealer to get funds for his brother didn't make me like him any more than I did before. Now instead of being trapped by that addiction and living that double life, he's just creating addicts out of others possibly by using that reputation he's built up. Creating a bunch of addicts and sucking their finances dry hardly brings up strong feelings of sympathy. Sure I feel for his brother, but that's as far as it goes. If theoretically the kid recovered and found out what his brother did for that recovery he probably wouldn't be that happy.

Didn't think about being from Canada impacting my views on this development. I guess for those who have to get huge sums for serious illnesses it would mean something else to see this situation.
Old 2011-11-05, 22:36   Link #1717
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of funny that we had all this focus on Shu being arrested and there wasn't even a brief shot at how his mother was responding. The rescue came fairly soon, but wow not even a visit .
I'm going to assume she wasn't told. Otherwise, what a bitch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 22:42   Link #1718
tsunade666

Shuu's mother I think as shown wasn't it? in the conversation between head scientist and Segai. Though she was shown working and it looks like head scientist doesn't want his good hot milf scientist disturb on her research.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:10   Link #1719
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah this development of Yahiro being a drug dealer to get funds for his brother didn't make me like him any more than I did before. Now instead of being trapped by that addiction and living that double life, he's just creating addicts out of others possibly by using that reputation he's built up. Creating a bunch of addicts and sucking their finances dry hardly brings up strong feelings of sympathy. Sure I feel for his brother, but that's as far as it goes. If theoretically the kid recovered and found out what his brother did for that recovery he probably wouldn't be that happy.
Not me. My self preservation mode kicks in and I would thank him for all his hard work in saving me.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:11   Link #1720
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm going to assume she wasn't told. Otherwise, what a bitch.
She does seem to be connected to things so possible she was told. Plus sooner or later you figure she'd notice her child not being at school and maybe the school leaving a message about her child getting taken in . Hopefully we get some reaction from her sooner or later. Since otherwise can't choose between "too bad for her" or "what a bitch" .

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig